Stebro

Pay to test?

Sorry. But I have to vent at all these bugs and constant game crashes.

Why do I need to pay to test someone else's game.

So frustrating.

I'm still old school and were brought up on the notions of paying for something that actually works.

I understand that the devs are still hiding behind the "Test" phrases (As is Armored Warefare still hiding behind that and they are dead in the water.). So why not open the game for free for a weekend. So more people can come in and help them test. So they can get out of this test phase.

Forgive me. But I feel cheated and the updates did not do much. In my honest opinion.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Angry 2

You bought an Early Access title to help the developers finalize the game in the best way possible with the community having a word on how this is done. The very purpose of this is testing the game isn't it?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Stebro said:

Sorry. But I have to vent at all these bugs and constant game crashes.

Why do I need to pay to test someone else's game.

So frustrating.

I'm still old school and were brought up on the notions of paying for something that actually works.

I understand that the devs are still hiding behind the "Test" phrases (As is Armored Warefare still hiding behind that and they are dead in the water.). So why not open the game for free for a weekend. So more people can come in and help them test. So they can get out of this test phase.

Forgive me. But I feel cheated and the updates did not do much. In my honest opinion.

Thisd is EA not a filnally game ?

If you feel cheated, you shouldn't have bought a game in EA. EA games alot of the time die out with low players, devs do not provide what they advertised, and some get cancelled or go free to play. I bought this not caring, I wanted a potential game to take the place of BF franchise, and I think I almost got it. 

If this game was a finished AAA product, it might've easily been $60. You bought it for $28 or less in a discounted Early Access state. When the game is finished, you'll have saved $32 because you invested in an awesome game early. Why don't people see that?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Give the game some time and it will be good. About crashes, do you try to verify game files. After that I have 0 crashes.

I am truly sorry about your bad experience and we understand that such problems should not take place, we do everything we can to push quality content with every update. We never intended to push an incomplete patch,  but as my predecessors have already said, the game is on steam in the Early Access Program. What this means is you give the developers money to finish the product, later you give them feedback to make sure the game will be what the community wants it to be and you have a chance to be a part of the development process, see how the game changes. After full release, you can be proud of yourself that you were the one who helped to shape up the final result of the game. It's kind of like Kickstarter but instead of paying for ideas and wishful thinking we give you a semi-finished product which is then being polished in front of your eyes.

• Like 6

I admit, the current crashes I am having are upsetting and daunting for the game. I am crashing in about 40% of my games now..

But It doesn't bother me, because I also know/realize that the crashes are something they introduced recently into the game, because before the patch, I do not think I crashed more than twice in 3 months of gameplay.

If you just recently bought the game, then WW3 may (seem to you) as an unstable game, etc. But I assure you that the "crashing bug" was only recently introduced. So I remain hopeful for the next patch, hoping it removed the crash to desktop that has plagues my current gameplay.

Oddly, I can restart the client/game, hit "quickjoin" and most the time I am right back in the SAME GAME that I crashed from.

You technically did by early access to test the game and help developers with feedback.

Devs should work to keep the number of tech issues down so people want to test but with a game still ebing heavily developed its gonna have issues the occur and reoccur since that's how developing works.

I can understand it a bit tho. Years ago people would be payed to test a game, not the other way around. 

It's also frustrating because a lot of bugs get mainly noticeable when the game is in a stable state (ish) state. With constant crashes many bugs get missed and there was so many bug reports I highly doubt that any developer can sort trough them all, that's why they get a copy + paste respond. 

Also as the others have mentioned it's not the same sort of "beta game" that you would have years back, where your feedback was needed more or less only to find bugs. The advantage of early access is, that you can bring in your own ideas. Of course it does also have disadvantages as with everything in life. 

Edited by maddinii

I understand the current EA trend, and what it means but many of companies abuse this system using it as an excuse everytime they fk up, just like the farm did lately. Progress regarding USERS BEING ABLE TO PLAY THE GAME  is too slow, and the much waited update fked up things even more. 2 weeks after release a lot of players reported crash bugs and there is no fix for it still.

If your game is unplayable (even if it is EA) don't expect to have users to test it for you, I honestly don't think this game will ever reach the light of release or if it does it will be dead on launch. 

Lots of companies do abuse the notion of early access but F51 has in no way done so. They have given so much content in 3 months. Crashing and bugs will occur be fixed and then reoccur.

When you are developing a game the will be technical issues, every game has them. You cant expect a perfect working game. Most people are able to play and it has been fixed over time for more and more people.

3 hours ago, Stebro said:

I'm just glad I didn't spend any money on this game. (Phew)

Then, why r u whining?

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Stebro said:

I'm just glad I didn't spend any money on this game. (Phew)

Why even come here and complain like you are entitled to something, lol.