Sign in to follow this  
Atway

Damage multipliers

Is there any info about damage multipliers? Like Headshot/Torso shot/Arm/Leg multiplier?

looks about right except that bolters dont OHK with head shots even tho they are at 100+ damage.

maybe different multipliers per gun

22 hours ago, Atway said:

head: 2x

torso: 1x

leg/arm: 0.5x

Is this true? If so then it's pretty stupid.

Head: I never liked a 2x headshot multiplier, it feels way too low. And robs you of the kill. Headshot multiplier should be at 3x at the minimum. I've played some games and mods where 5x was the basic headshot multiplier. Use a helmet and it dropped down to 3.33-4x. 

Torso: Is this with or without armor? Without I can understand.

Limbs: Ok just no. I've done some experimenting and a limb multiplier should be at .66x for the lower limb and .75x for the upper limb. Not counting armor of course.

1 minute ago, Forgotmyoldaccount said:

Head: I never liked a 2x headshot multiplier, it feels way too low

because of helmet: it absorbs up to 50% before it is poped up

2 minutes ago, Forgotmyoldaccount said:

Torso: Is this with or without armor? Without I can understand.

Right - without. With it it reduces damage if hit to armor plate.

Still though a 2x multiple from the get go is very low. I can understand if it was with some top tier helmet, but then it would need a downside. Some games/mods I played, implement a penalty to peripheral vision. Where as others bundle armor and helmets into one unlock and have one general downside like a mobility penalty. Although I like how tarkov does it, with the face hitbox, that really balances it out. But only from limited angles.

Some games have 1.2 or 1.5.

I would say that if you have a decent TTK on the body then going 2x can make the over all TTK way to low. You want to keep the head TTK lower but not insanely low while keeping the Body from being too high.

you have to take into account that weapons have different penetration that lowers the damage reduction to make damage equal more.

I still think that armor is detrimental if it makes you heavier in this game but it is better then .2 I haven't tested .3 thoroughly yet but it feels better.

I don't know exact numbers but there was a topic in "Tutorial" subforum in which author had made a spreadsheet with the numbers which were pretty close to the real ones. Also, to dispel any doubts hitbox multipliers is only one of few major systems which are determining final damage amount. We also have our armored helmets, with various bullets having their own damage, speed and penetrability of different materials. Please remember that the damage system is not final, and there will be many changes in the coming months.

• Like 1