Sign in to follow this  
Fullback

Defending Role

I hope no one posted something like this before.

I think there is no reason to choose defender as a role right now. You are at such a disadvantage as a defnder if you stay on the flag and you only get the extra points if you do so.

You have to be on the flag and a lot of people put a uav down when they attack so the know where you are. You don't get kills or take a objective to compensate for points to counter the uav. Timing is a big thing too. You have no idea when the enemy is gonna come so if you have the points when do you use your uavs?

As attacker you just push the objective and put a uav down and kill everyone. No timing no waiting needed.

I found that a effective way of defending is to block certain chokepoints so the enemy can't push further on and you can choose a position where you have the advantage. Maybe if there could be a "defend order" that the Squad Leader could place on the map (not just objective) could make it viable to pick defender. 

Love the game! Keep up the good work.

• Like 1

yeah I dont see the point of defender. No point to use it really or even be defensive. Plus defending a point is boring and when you do defend it you are pretty much just attacking your owned point to wipe off enemies instead of defending it.

Attacking a objective is more defensive then defending a objective really.

The team should be divided 80/20 Attacker and Defender with 80% of the team simultaneously Attacking the same Capture Points together. 20% of the team should be Defending by picking off enemies near the allied Capture Points. Picking off small groups of 1-3 enemies trying to take an allied Capture Point can make a big difference down the road if the teams are of relative equal strength and skill. A Defender's job is to do their best to prevent/and or slow down back-fill until the Attackers have completed taking all other objectives and can then also rush in for Defense as well. Defending is also just stalling so the enemy team doesn't capture themselves a brand new spawn that could lead to the attackers getting quickly flanked or divided, but the vast majority should be Attacking.

The Defender stalls the enemy team from taking allied Capture Points, but once there's only about 1 Capture Point left to take, then the Defender group should regroup with the Attacking group and form a blob of soldiers. Defenders shouldn't be stagnant either, they're pretty much Attackers except they run around re-assaulting their own Capture Points that are currently under attack. Defenders have to be really good at quickly surprising enemies trying to retake allied Capture Points and fighting while outnumbered. Lightweight Snipers and flankers probably make the best Defenders.

*Edit*

Capture Points.

Edited by Grey Wolf Jack

The team composition should be 100% Attackers at the start of the match.

Then become 80/20 Attackers and Defenders once you claim half of the map.

Towards the end 100% Defenders could make sense if your team managed to take every point and all there's left is to do is thwart attackers.

• Like 1

I'm allowed to quote myself, because i'm cool: 

Maybe at this point the nature of the point reward could be based on the role you have chosen? For example an attacker role will only get defending points for a kill when inside the objective but will get points for attacking enemies objectives from outside. A defender role will get points from shooting attackers from outside the conquered area but will get points for attacking an enemy objective only when inside the area. (sorry I hope that made sense?) 

Sign in to follow this