Sign in to follow this  
TZoningHard

Ideas to clean up Berlin and for a better map

Berlin is too cluttered with small objects that add stress to the PC and mess gameplay.

Berlin and other maps were made messy to give more cover against longrange and vehicles but I think having larger more iconic assets will make the map design better. WW3 does map design for gameplay decent enough but not as good as it could be

Berlin like many other maps needs some verticality which I think can be added with existing assets

Ideas for verticality. You can climb up some Hescos

unknown.png

unknown.png

Start with A2

Right now my biggest complaint is the triple stack on b2 the rest of the area is pretty good. With the bug going around B2 wont load in situations making it invis which lets us see how well it will look with out the trip stack.

2019.01.06-20.41.png

Looks so much better

2019.01.06-20.40_01.png

The back area is originally a parking lot, Having civilian buses back there arranged orderly with some parked cars can make a good spot to fight. you can even ways to get on top of the buses for some verticality then add in the military encampment items as if it was a refugee transport area. Along with some of the verticality of Berlin TDM this area could be a lot better.

unknown.png

unknown.png

The green is the already there cargo I am only commenting on the back and the part where the radar is. The sniper window above the can be blocked some other way perhaps with something on b2 side of the tunnel.

For B2

2019.01.06-20.40.png

It works ok but its kinda messy and doesn't flow well.

unknown.png

messy picture but make more use of vans and cars instead of hesco as random unorderly military defesive project dont look right.

from the top add Hesco and other defensive structures to aid defending that spot leaving A2 for a better tunnel fight and perhaps add cover in the tunnel as well.

on the top left replace the random wall with military trucks or buses/trucks.

In the almost top middle add buses or trucks with ramps for verticality favoring the A side

on the right it might be the hardest but if you are able to collapse the subway even if its not real to the area it would allow a clearer map but also allow safer travel to B2 from snipers. have a wall if you want to with some other cover on the sides but have wither tunnel cargo container with ramps or some other verticality to give a way to peak preferably a bit higher maybe with some cover on top.

On the middle keep the H container set up but add another container to make a compound right under B and do what ever else is needed but have access to the top of B2 H.

Below the middle mirror the other side of B2 with the verticality.

Below that replace Hesco with vans and cars but have a foothold out side of C1 for both sides and maybe one piece of cover inside.

For B1

unknown.png

unknown.png

Make this part look more like IRL with tree if you can, this area is kinda unused expect with mercy spawn in play and the area around B1 is void of happenings.

unknown.png

Leave some of the small barricades up but bring some buses/trucks to replace the random paintballness of the.

Have some containers to make it like B2 a little bit then have Hescos to give balance against vehicles getting shots into the inner area.

Just some thoughts and not expecting any thing to come from it and dont mean to micro manage it but I do really want to see the assets cleaned up and some replaced with cars/vans/buses/big trucks in this area with some verticality.

Could all fall apart if buses and truckes have more polys then the barriers and ect... but I think there enough random stuff like the construction site behind A1/A2 that does not contribute to the fight alonge with many small barriers that get destroyed anyways and dont contribute around the map.

I see that @Morp is online ?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Your idea is good. I have the same feeling about map as You. But... first optimization next polishing the maps :)

o7

The idea is also optimization if you can remove clutter that is taking up the poly count. Its a idea for the future maybe.

On 1/7/2019 at 10:26 AM, TZoningHard said:

I see that @Morp is online ?

Yo, I have push it towards our LD boiz, thx for the suggestions @TZoningHard

23 hours ago, DareQQ said:

But... first optimization next polishing the maps :)

It doesn't work that way :) Level has to be closed first, to start optimization work.

23 hours ago, TZoningHard said:

The idea is also optimization if you can remove clutter that is taking up the poly count. Its a idea for the future maybe.

The  poly count isn't the problem. The bottleneck is in other area of the game.

16 minutes ago, Morp said:

It doesn't work that way :) Level has to be closed first, to start optimization work.

Yep.. my bad. That make sense :)

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this