Artaxiad300062

0.3 Update killed the game

So many people are put off by the enormous amounts of bugs and glitches in this update, there is almost nobody playing the game anymore. Almost the entire public has a negative view of this game now. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Bigfry streams show a good reception of the game. I dont see much negativity besides, Smolensk looking like playdough, ammo bug, and hitreg and B2 berlin whole but that's in game and not super negative.

I know of one dude that cant play because loading screens after .3 but want to. People who crash arent in game to complain.

In all the communities im in no one is really knowing of the issues or know and dont care.

But .3 issue are pretty bad and keep people form playing because of the loading screen and crashes. Smolensk and ammo bug make the returning players bitch and thats about it.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Well it certainly did kill it for me. If the next update will have same issues like the last two we got (not polished enough - making more issues than fixing), then I think it will be REALLY hard to revive it. Kinda hard to get community feedback with around 430 players peak and 333 players online on average and dropping like crazy (last 30 days worldwide). And the game was on sale mind you.

Most of the ppl playing right now are those who do not crash and/or really love the game. Release more updates like the last one and they will be pissed off and gone too.

And before somebody says that they want to take the R6: Siege route...the lowest peak for that game was 11,234 and those are only Steam copies.

Edited by Hagen
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Artaxiad300062 said:

So many people are put off by the enormous amounts of bugs and glitches in this update, there is almost nobody playing the game anymore. Almost the entire public has a negative view of this game now. 

The game can't be killed because the game isn't released finished

If we don't hear from the devs in the month - I'll start to worry.
Until then I'm having fun with my friends. 

Edited by StayPrunk
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Same here,i played maybe 7 hours on 0.3 out of my 190hr in total..a clear picture of the current status of the game.Numbers don't lie,right after 0.3 was released player base peaked at around 800, but after they realized that it was indeed a broken update,numbers dropped dramatically like @Hagen said.

Consider also that the first point of contact for a possible buyer/new player is steam,and there the situation and sentiment about the game after 0.3 is way way much worse then you could possibly imagine.I really hope to see a patch coming this week because i want to play during weekend

• Like 3

My own game started to crash a bit more often, and I would get "failed to join" often when joining a game with a squad.

Still, it didn't kill the game for me :D

I don't even try to play until i see public patch release, crash after crash. What's more game's not playable due to extreme stuttering...on lower settings game looks awful ?

• Like 2

It killed the game for me and there is less players playing it now then at the worst time before 0.3 - which is telling how broken and insignificant this update was. Releasing it in that form without proper testing and then disappering for 3 weeks and counting was just bad. And I know that devs worked hard and it was holiday time, but why they released such bad update ? 

After launch problems and then connecting problems they should have known that next update should be flawless, tested as well as they could and not rushed - and then they released this trash of an update 0.3  

• Like 3

Glad I'm glad im not alone in feeling like this, I would of been happy if it got rolled back to .2...

.4 cannot come soon enough I just hope they fix the gunplay, crashes and hitreg

• Like 1

As much video as I have on this game you could literally just watch 1 vod and have what needs to be fixed.  3 should have NEVER rolled out right before they dropped work and went on holiday, and YES the community is struggling for it, which is BS.  This is twice now that the game has literally fallen on it's own sword, once at launch, and now during christmas.  if this community is going to grow it need to stop getting castrated during the "big game sale times"  by patches that literally ruin stable gameplay.

3.3 need to come out like YESTERDAY, and it needs to be tested by someone before it launches otherwise we are all gonna suffer.

just my .02

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Killed it for me, played a little over 5 hours since .3; was quite enjoying the game until .3 with 195 hours in game. Bought Squad on sale at the start of the month, loving it; 76 hours in game so far (only had 2 crashes in that 76 hours)... WW3's going to have to do something pretty damn special to make me want to play it over other games now though, was expecting a hot fix by now tbh too.

The fact that the devs left the game in its current state over xmas and still haven't released a hot fix despite most of Europe being back at work for almost 2 weeks is disappointing and has made me lose some faith in the devs.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Game is in Early Access

@

version 0.3

@

last update killed the game

@

*clap-clap-clap*

Well the "theory" of early access is that the players can test things for you and give you feedback. Apart from that players also act as "free" (they even paid for it) advertisement. They play the game, tell their friends about it and maybe also produce media content for it. All of this requires a certain amount of players. Right now the game certainly does not have these players. So yeah, the game is basically "dead" or maybe unconscious right now and it will be very hard to "revive" the game.

My personal opinion is that early access came at least 6 months too early for this game. The developers made some big mistakes and bombed their own game. I am not saying (or hoping) that this is not possible, but it will require a lot of hard work and a massive improvement of the way the developer communicates with their customers. 

Right now this game fails in pretty much all aspects:

• Technical foundation is not solid. Aka the game has a lot of bugs and performance issues
  • Lack of Content
  • Bad Communication from the developers to the player base.

The devs need to up their game by about 500% to turn this around. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well... II had 3 sometimes 4 friends to play with this game. Now I am kinda alone because everyone stopped because of the crashes everyone has. I love the game but when will this hotfix come? When can I tell people they can come back? I just want to have some sort of time maybe? It just feels like it takes forever for a hotfix for the crashes...

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Fullback said:

Well... II had 3 sometimes 4 friends to play with this game. Now I am kinda alone because everyone stopped because of the crashes everyone has. I love the game but when will this hotfix come? When can I tell people they can come back? I just want to have some sort of time maybe? It just feels like it takes forever for a hotfix for the crashes...

a crash loading screen fix will come this upcoming week to the PTE possible early in the week

• Like 1

Problem is its not the first time they rush out a patch while there are still lots of bugs/features that needs to be fixed. And this time they have no excuse, you cant push out a broken patch when you know the whole dev team is going on a long vacation. They should have just let the PTE run until they were all back at work, fix all the bugs and then release it.

When they reset everyone and introduced the progression, TDM and quick join, me and many others instantly pointed out what needed to be done. But they didnt do anything about it, and just pushed out the patch which also resulted in alot of players getting frustrated and stopped playing. I thought they learned by now, but lets hope it sinks in this time.

• Like 2

On 1/8/2019 at 2:45 PM, TZoningHard said:

hopfully .4 wont be rush. esspecially with recon mode coming.

I'll truly prefer them to FIX 1st. the OLD and NEW bugs as CTDs , and Optimization of the game  - > Than having right away the RECON Mode.

Hope they can adjust their priorities and

1st .-     First . Tech. ( bug fixes )

2nd.-     Second. The release the Recon Game mode at the End of month.

And:

They need to release the new PTE , ( this coming week ) so we can test those fixes and get back with feedback  .

But is on the DEVs. to contemplate what can it broke after and before they release the new PATCH for this MONTH  ( if ANY ) ! ?

Sincerely

HALCON4- WW3- k4to01

All I ask is that they learned there lessons of Live does not get the same bugs as PTE, Dont plan on taking off after a patch because its common knowledge among games that patch day is always broken no matter what, no patch will not be broken.

Its a blunder people can rightfully be upset but Im not too much personally. Im used to beta games and playing kickstarters/still developing games.

Is it possible to release a patch for a day then revert it after collecting crash and bug data on live then put it out later. .4 will be a big patch for the game in terms of PR which can greatly damage the image when all these people come to look at the "BR" gamemode. I think that .4 will need extra attention and as the players testing and QAing the game for you we kinda suffered greatly though .3 which hurt the population of the game an in turn the game for us.

@Muflex

16 hours ago, Fullback said:

@ Fullback 

I understand you, I feel u bro. it's pretty frustrating and kills the momentum and the fun of the Game Our GAME that we LOVE !!

We are all in the same boat now .

The Devs. said in a post of Ragir , that they will push back a little the patch until they release the new PTE.  THIS COMING WEEK , so we can test and give back feedback for it , they, at the same time , acknowledge the CTDS and lots of bugs ingame etc. and that they are working on them to release a FIX  ( hopefully ) in this new patch coming this month.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Ragir

• Ragir
  • Administrators
  • 1,153 posts

We'll be pushing the crash and loading fixes to PTE as soon as possible, low chance of today, if not definitely next week.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But remember ...

The new RECON mode, can and possibly it's going to brake something else, as spawn points etc.  they have to be more careful in this release, as in the continuous patches from now ON !

Honestly, this ( Multimedia Product )  game, needs to start MOVING in the right direction from the " EARLY ACCESS " Alpha 2 mode, to a BETA 1 Public access type.

Me and my TEAM been dragging along, since the First Phase of Close Testing ,The same old troubles of Optimization, Textures, Collisions, BUGS,  etc, long List.

Don't misread me, The game, it's getting better , but IT'S CRUNCH TIME , their Project WW3 needs to be  ALIVE again and FARM 51 Needs to GET ON !! FOCUS !

First they need to FIX the CTD's  and work in Optimization , and get that QC. guys to get in testing as well .

Then release the Recon Mode and continue with the Road Map plan, in between more fixes as their appear with the new incoming patches .

We still here Frosty, we still support you and will assist in testing PTE , etc.

Do your Thing FARM 51 ! Thank you for all your HARD WORK !! 

DELIVER !!

So @Fullback, maybe, just maybe on this Month, a patch could be release to start fixing those CRASHES .

So for now , me and my team, at the same time, we are playing other games, modding other games , testing other games, etc. meanwhile this..... gets  " FIX " .

Sincerely

HALCON4- WW3- k4to01

Edited by HALCON4
thnks name member.
  • Like 1

Hey there, we're aware of the problems 0.3 brought and we're sorry we didn't catch them earlier. We had the patch in PTE for a week, but it didn't really manifest until it was pushed to live. This is why we're a bit slower on this one, to make sure it's actually better and not worse.

Your crash reports helped a lot and we think it'll be much better now. We're testing the next patch internally and will be pushing it to PTE soon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Ragir said:

Hey there, we're aware of the problems 0.3 brought and we're sorry we didn't catch them earlier. We had the patch in PTE for a week, but it didn't really manifest until it was pushed to live. This is why we're a bit slower on this one, to make sure it's actually better and not worse.

Your crash reports helped a lot and we think it'll be much better now. We're testing the next patch internally and will be pushing it to PTE soon.

Thanks for the info. One small question about the reporting:

Once the game crashes and we have the ability to send crash reports, does it send a dump / debug file with the text from the players or just the text that is written in the crash report? 

• Like 1