Sign in to follow this  
Merkeh

Feedback / Readability

Feedback

• Cross-hair should be a cross-hair not a dot. Could be an option for the player to select as I imagine some people like the dot.
  • Player names above players head in teams colours (Green for ally and red for the enemy). Can’t tell who’s is an enemy easily.
  • Base locations in conquest need to be more prominent. - Team colours should be apparent. Should be options within a colour scheme and one for each side. (Like Rocket League, Battlefield 3) etc.

It should be a puzzle with all the pieces layed out and the player gets the option of how to solve that puzzle. At the moment players don’t have all the pieces (who is on which team and what are the objectives) and it is infuriating.

• Have a mini map.
  • Player Revives.
  • Take the unfinished map out of the map pool.
  • Remove friendly fire in main pool, have it as an option like hardcore in BF

It should be fun before it’s challenging then the fun eventually becomes the challenge.

Custom crosshair's will come down the road

Ally names should be a bit more visiable, Right now its janeky and you have to fiddle around in game to try and get the name to pop up. So yeah make the ally names easier to read, mainly if you look at the person for more then a second have their name pop up.

idk what you mean about base location, but under the setting you can change pretty much any color of a lot of the ui.

I would rather have no mini map but its ok as but the ESP from UAV is still op because of the big map you can pull up.

Im happy with out player revives, pretty annoying in other game that have them. Get dead stay dead but nothing wrong with asking for them.

I really enjoy the alpha map but I dont really enjoy the complaints about it. Devs need to realize that the mainstream players do not realize this is a beta game and they have the chance to help direct the map and give feed back on it in a early stage. I would at least ask dont do this again and possible remove it even tho i think its great we can play on it the map is bad PR.

I would like friendly fire to be turned up a bit but it good at 20%. IT really helps balance out the game and makes you feel like a real conflict and keep you from rushing though friendly explosion spam charging a suppressed enemy which is unfair and OP.

That's my feedback dude, not really sure why you think I need your feedback on my feedback... It's not a debait, these things are my issues with the game....

you just described Battlefield series

11 hours ago, Merkeh said:
  • Player names above players head in teams colours (Green for ally and red for the enemy). Can’t tell who’s is an enemy easily.
  • Base locations in conquest need to be more prominent. - Team colours should be apparent. Should be options within a colour scheme and one for each side. (Like Rocket League, Battlefield 3) etc.
  • Have a mini map.
  • Player Revives.
  • Remove friendly fire in main pool, have it as an option like hardcore in BF

• Like 1

Well that's what I want and all the people around me want, BF on Steam. WW3 was sold as BF3.5 on Steam so why not just do that?

14 minutes ago, Merkeh said:

WW3 was sold as BF3.5

who said that WW3 is BF3.5?  

14 minutes ago, Merkeh said:

so why not just do that?

why devs should make a copy of existing game? I guess they want to make their own game. Maybe just use some of best practices of other games, but the game core will be unique

WW3 is a little bit hardcore than BF: no reviving (hey! I`ve got 12.7 bullet in my head! Someone give me a hand! I cant stand up by myself!!!111), no minimap (or use UAV - be more tactic and use resourses wisely), FF enabled (agree that there should be servers with FF turned off)

Edited by Atway

Why would they want to be another random shooter on Steam when they could be the BF of the whole platform?

Player numbers are none existant, why would they choose to keep that trend going? I don't understand...

Well firstly it is not sure that your way will increase the player numbers. That is a rather strong assumption.

Secondly you are contradicting yourself. BF is a really prominent series no one can doubt that. By copying so much of Bf3's and Bf4's features WW3 would become a random shooter on Steam in the sense of a shooter that almost already exists. The devs are choosing a more unique path and one that to me seems to be appreciated by large parts of the community. The player numbers are not dropping because of the game being not close enough to Bf I would guess but because of technical issues.

• Like 1

No, you have just done the thing you called me out on doing, there is no proof or evidence that being more BF will lose the identity of WW3.

Look this is a feedback forum, I gave my feedback, I want it  to be more like BF, that is my opinion and I am not alone in that opinion.

If that is not your opinion that is fine but this is my feedback.

I didn't come here to start an opinion debate about the game. I came here to view my opinion, if you do not like that opinion, that's cool but thar is my opinion.

As you say: This is a feedback forum. And your feedback on the game is entirely fine as is your opinion. But by posting it on a forum don't you implicitly agree on receiving answers?

You are right that there is no proof that WW3 will lose its identity or its uniqueness. But you explicitly sa you wish it to become more like an already existing game. I think the consequence of being more similar to BF will be being less different from BF more or less by definition of what a similarity is but hey you want it to be like BF. That's fine.

My initial post was just highlighting things that would improve my experience of the game.

I didn't bring BF into the conversation and to be honest I wish I hadn't, the fact that the elements I mention are present in other games in just a testament to their viability.

People are going to counter your feedback if they disagree or agree as that is feedback as well. Dev would like to take into account whether it has community backing ot it or a wide spread though/opinion among the community so they can decide if action needed to be taken.

A lot of people will enjoy a less casual BF like game that is diffident for the right reasons. BF has issues in the past which this game can learn to not reimplement such as air v ground and revives as examples.

• Like 1

I tried to type a post, but have found, that I'm typing only insults. All pre 2008 BFs have had 100% FF ON on ranked servers.

Here is what FF OFF looks like. [redacted]. Oh, no! Feedback'er.

Edited by Ragir to remove unnecessary namecalling

• Like 3

Depending on what happens to the TTK we might be able to turn the FF back up. To many blueberries that cant see tho, even cant see the red -points they get.

A couple of things to change before it goes back up.

1 hour ago, tynblpb said:

Here is what FF OFF looks like. Moron. Oh, no! Feedback'er.

Well aint you a happy chappy....

Anyway, I have added my feedback to the feedback pool. See you in 0.4 ✌️

Please don't go to name calling for no reason, everyone is free to share their feedback and while I'm grateful some people want to defend our game, I'd really rather like for those posts to be friendly, especially to newcomers.

Now, as for the feedback, thanks! We're not currently planning on going with a full blown crosshair, removing FF or revives. Minimap is available when an UAV is present. There are also some missing puzzle pieces that are yet to be implemented but we're not saying 'never', it might change.

• Like 1

Thank you for the response, I was never attacking the game so there is no need to defend it, I wouldn't be here if I didn't want it to be a great game.

The game has potential but the reasons I'm not currently playing it very often are listed above.

PREPARE FOR WORLD WAR 3

World War 3 is a multiplayer military FPS set in a modern, global conflict. Strong teamplay, national armed forces, real locations, full body awareness, and a versatile customization system all contribute to the authenticity of the modern combat experience enhanced by other essential elements such as a robust ballistic system, advanced armors and life-like weapons. Produced in cooperation with military R&D centers and consultants, World War 3 shows the consequences of every battle in the context of a global war campaign on a strategic war map.

The way i read the above is not describing the content requested.

The fact that the game is not holding your hand and forces you to do more is where the largest advantage over ei BF series.

It is a breath of fresh air in a time where moste games feel and look the same.

Just my two cents.

25 minutes ago, Merkeh said:

Thank you for the response, I was never attacking the game so there is no need to defend it, I wouldn't be here if I didn't want it to be a great game.

Oh it wasn't aimed at you, don't worry :)

26 minutes ago, Merkeh said:

The game has potential but the reasons I'm not currently playing it very often are listed above.

Totally understandable, we're working on making the game better every day, it still has some time to be in the oven.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Franzi said:

The fact that the game is not holding your hand and forces you to do more is where the largest advantage over ei BF series.

Ok so this is interesting, I guess it's what you want to dedicate time to. I wouldn't call it hand holding, more clear objectives. I prefer spending my time eliminating the other team and focusing on the objectives, not figuring who on each team, pulling up maps etc, It's just clear who's doing what. It was very clear in BF3 what was going on across the map and who the enemy were. It left more time to focus on the action but I guess that was just experience of it.

Sign in to follow this