Sign in to follow this  
Tactigamer

The Question of all Questions - Battle Royale Mode?

I think I read a Dev post somewhere saying it was a 5v5v5v... Squad based kind of mode where last squad standing wins 

On 1/18/2019 at 4:55 AM, Kony said:

Yup, I confirm this. However, our Recon will be a slightly different experience than a classic BR. We've adapted the game mode  to our urban maps and the matches will be definitely more intense. Of course it won't lack the suspense and tactical gameplay. Wait for further updates. 

That sounds interesting!

I don't understand why people complain about something they haven't tried... such trolls lol

On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 11:54 PM, Kony said:

This. Recon will be far from silly running and gunning with a frying pan on your head, don't worry about that.

Ok, let me try once again - you don't have to play this game mode.

Certainly, Recon sounds very interesting. Main issue is with small amount of players, it will divide the player pool even further unless TF51 tries to popularise the game a bit more. Games like PUBG annoy players because they require a large time investment for relatively little combat/strategic thinking, so Recon should try and push players to move around more in some way or another (in my opinion). As far as I have observed, the best games (of any genre, even board games) require constant decision making, with potentially high risks and rewards, which is not there when running through kilometres of landscape. In my opinion then, Recon should feature frequent low-impact "events" - scoring objectives like crates, or "red zones" (not the PUBG redzone because that's shit) that allow players to get small in-game advantages while potentially advertising themselves to enemies. For an example on the whole making decisions thing, CSGO's BR is good in that it forces you to make a bet on what things you should wait for or buy.

The upside of BR is it brings out one thing that can't be replicated in other game modes: the one life aspect. Fortnite makes its gameplay more casual by allowing players to tank on medical supplies and soak up unrealistically large amounts of bullets, while in PUBG it sometimes feels like blind luck that the circle forced you to run past a well-hidden enemy who could get you before you could turn around. Having a high TTK would be bad for Recon due to the gun mechanics you've already made (which I think are great), so the best solution seems to be increasing the amount of cover by having urban environments and/or smaller interspersed buildings like in the current Smolensk map.

Yeah BR is cancer and not because some are silly. The last good BR was Minecraft mods because it was based off the books and was more survival RP based then king of the hill style BRs we have now.

Recon does not sound like BR to me we will see if its good. I dont expect a game mode that was worked on this long and hard to be not used and it cant be worst then TDM. We will probably get more players because its labeled as BR.

• Like 1

There are more than enough br games out there. I dont think its a great idea to try challenging them. And no need to, they should focus on other modes.

17 hours ago, R1GHT said:

There are more than enough br games out there. I dont think its a great idea to try challenging them. And no need to, they should focus on other modes.

Should they scrap a mode they worked hard on though? I don’t think they should scrap it specially since I’m sure some players are exited for it (I am) and it will probably bring some old players back and attract new players.

• Like 1

First of all they should do what they want ? im just writing down my opinion

• Like 1

6 hours ago, R1GHT said:

First of all they should do what they want ? im just writing down my opinion

And so am I

• Like 1