Sign in to follow this  
Meatsac

Issue With New PTE Patch

After the 26.1 mb patch pushed today, you can't run around solo in PTE Warzone maps. This is soooo silly because I'll hop into a empty server and run around looking for map related issues (textures, map boundaries, etc...). It's impossible to do this while people are chasing you around and shooting at you. The new patch effectively shut down the ability to test things when the PTE server is empty.

20190123020142_1.thumb.jpg.af8dda8d254b5a4d8de68d0e7177b614.jpg 

• Like 2

I agree with Meatsac here.
For most players, PTE is a place to test out features or changes to combat/balance changes etc etc - but for some of us its our chance to run around and find issues with the maps themselves BEFORE it makes it live.
Can we vault over this? Should we be able to?
Why can't I stand in one of the bushes on Berlin C1 like I used to? Is it supposed to be that way?
Can I see through any walls?
Can I freely walk into any walls?
Is there any places where we might fall through the map?

The increased number of players needed to start a game mixed with low activity on PTE would appear to be a detrimental choice.

We'll take a look at this, but this is a change that was done to prevent already started servers that are empty from accepting players. If someone started a game and then left, other players could join after 30 minutes and have 3 points captured and no players with 15 minutes left, which was not fun, so now the game closes servers down when there's only 1 player left.

We can change it to 0 players left and it would help probably.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ragir said:

We can change it to 0 players left and it would help probably.

maybe it is possible to create separate test servers with no such restrictions and (as an option) make them closed (pass required)

28 minutes ago, Atway said:

separate test servers

That's not really viable for us, since we'd have to build a separate server binary, and that's a few extra hours each time we do it. We'll figure out something.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ragir said:

We'll figure out something.

share QA servers :D

I understand you guys need to test the "minimal players to start match" feature before pushing it to live... However, now that we know it works, can you "pretty-please" disable it now so the few of us who do run around solo in empty servers late at night  "mowing the lawn" can get back to looking for map issues? 

Can't speak for others, but when I play in the live server with others, I'll take quick mental notes if I'm getting shot by guy in a wall, if I glitch somewhere, or see something off - Then I'll hop in PTE alone later and go investigate the "where & how" they got inside a building, wall, or anything else that caught my eye.

-Cheers

?

We will disable autowin on the PTE builds in the next PTE patch, thanks for bringing it up.

Sign in to follow this