Sign in to follow this  
Kony

Which strike do you barely use and why?

Which strike do you barely use and why?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Which strike do you barely use and why?

We created this topic so the feedback could help us further balance the strikes' pricing and power.

I would like to get as much votes from you and explanations in this topic so tell your squad mates and tell your friends who don't play anymore.

I'll make a similar poll with vehicles soon.

• UAV Flying eye, small radius.
  • UAV OTV, small duration, too expensive
  • JAM (all types), don't see the point of it (why jam when you can scan)
  • Airstrikes (all types), Too expensive
  • Artillery (all types), low damage (even shrapnel for infantry), only useful for supression
  • Bombing, Risk of killing teammates (very long line), needs to be used with UAV (which lasts for small duration).
  • CUAS warmate, hard to control, expensive

As "vehiclefag" I'm usually trying to save BPs for vehicles. Sometimes they are out of limit, so I have to spend them. Basic Reaper with 500BP cost is best choice. 1 captured CP means u have enough BPs to call in another  one. That is why all others  UAVs stay unused.

JAM  Reaper  when u r capturing CP and hear that enemy's UAV is  above.

7500BP+ airstrikes. Only if our vehicles are out of limit and there is decent driver on enemy side who is carrying their team. Otherwise - too expensive. Even if it is almost always surekill strike.

Bomb airstrike. 90% it's WCMD strike and  again, if there is no chance to get urself a vehicle. As typed above, only with UAV or it  is wasted on nothing 3500BP. And again as typed above - high chance of TK. My best bombing  airstrike for the whole time playing was x5 multiteamkill on A1 Moscow.

Artillery. Almost useless. It's too random. If it  was something like Gaussian distribution... I'm using it when I have extra 3000BP to troll enemies. U just CAN'T aim when arti is battering ground somewhere near. Anyhow, chances to kill are low. Max dmg with shrapnel strike was 180 in last 2 weeks. Sometimes I'm just calling down artstrike somewhere not far from me and stay for 20 secs doing nothing but ogling at explosions. Because artillery strikes look EPIC.🤩

UGVs. Rarely. 25mm cannon  with reloading  bug is unplayable, and 7.62mm  machinegun  flashes are blinding u when trying to shoot. With no thermal vision scopes it's not much  better than me myself with machinegun. Take  into account that u can't capture  CPs with  UGV, and it's simply not fun enough. Considering that with 1.5-2secs reload time for RPG first guy with grenade launcher u've met is the last one. 500 more BPs and can I ogle at artstrike 1 more  time... No choice  here.

Loitering  Ammo too hard to control when tried it last time. Even though it was almost 1 month ago. Too expensive. Limited time of usage.

Quadrocopter. Best strike by cost/efficiency. Can be used as UAV with spotting feature. Especially with thermal vision. When capturing CP can be ur first line guardian. Can defend CPs. Unlimited time of usage. In all my kits.

UAV: FlyEye - Too small but very cheap, I dont use it any more.

UAV: Barracuda - I use this one because I dont really need to use the other strikes and its good for farming exp and score.

UAV: OTV - Too expensive, too short but good. A barracuda has better chance to get you more score because the OTV does one ping maybe two then thats all while the barracuda can mark the same enemy twice if they died and respawned or came in to the area of effect. No guarantee that you will mark all enemy players because of them not being deployed. You can spam shit loads of barracudas to get more score.

\\\

JAM UCAS-D - I dont use jammers its not really something more then guess work. Not really a active thing.

JAM Reaper

\\\

AIRSTRIKE: HELLFIRE - I use this some times because the game give you so much score you can get like 2 or 3 in a match. I many spend point of barracudas for farming or jdaming. The rest of the streaks here arent really hype or cool. You dont see any huge Badass explosion that make you want to use them especially while using them.

AIRSTRIKE : STORMBREAKER

AIRSTRIKE: MEPHISTO

\\\

ARTILLERY: Shrapnel - I use this one a lot as its the only effective arty.

ARTILLERY: High Explosive - no reason to use as it doesn't hurt vehicles that much and shrapnel is the only good one.

ARTILLERY: Anti-Armor - To random to take out vehicles with, you have to use a jdam instead.

\\\

BOMBING:WCMD - Ok its gets what need to be done done against vehicles and assorted infantry. Applies to all of them but I mainly use the wide version

BOMBING: JSOW

BOMBING: JDAM

\\\

UGV: Leviathan - Dont find it fun, kinda a bit cheesy but people do get kills off them to pad KD. Really need a way to differentiate kills from streak from earned kills and then from vehicle kills. applies to both

UGV: Battle Robot

\\\

CUAS: Warmate - both of these are cheese and broken free kill generators. But this one is to expensive and too hard for some players to control while doing the same damage as a quad.

CUAS: Quadrocopter - You can run people over with it kills, you can fly it very easily, you can blow it up, its hard to hit, and its broken OP. I use it occasionally since its only 1000 points and I can kill 2-3 people with one use which is 300-450 points. I dont like this in game along, makes its too dumb down and cod like. Mainly use to troll and cheese on people.

Streaks should be utility and rewards while the game should be focused on gun and vehicle play. The old score system made it were you actually earned the streak instead of handing them out and it felt so much better when you got to use them.

Streaks are not spectacular not only because you use them all the time but they also dont have the awe factor. The hellfire streaks like the Mephisto you cant even see them go off so the best part of using it you dont experience it. Even if you use the streak and missed if you experienced the awe of the spectacle it would be worth it.

I don't use the missile streaks mainly because their AT functions can be made up for by a good squad with RPGs or another good tank player. This combined with their very high cost.

I also rarely use the battlebot as I believe it's a waste of points due to its weakness.

Edited by TCPPolak
  • Like 3

The only three I use currently are:

UAV Flyeye
JAV Reaper
Artillery High Explosive

My current tactic because I play in less populated Asian servers, is focused on being stealthy, as much a nuisance as possible and infantry focused. Regarding disarming enemy vehicles, I have a loadout with Sniper Rifle and RPG. Since there are fewer experienced players in such servers, that loadout is enough to take out the original vehicles from spawn. 

Previously when I was in the EU where the servers are more populated I did use other strikes like BOMBING and the LEVIATHAN. 

The only three I use currently are:

UAV Flyeye
JAV Reaper
Artillery High Explosive

Same as @kinkysumo

I didn't use other strikes because:

• I don't like vehicles like tanks etc.
  • some of them need to much BP
  • from the description I don't know how exactly the others strikes work

The only tanks I use are the stock ones at the start and you can usually go the entire match in one then have BP stock piled.

Shrapnel is much better then HE arty as arty doesn't really hurt vehicles, so it better to minmax against personal. I used to use shrapnel and anti armor but switched to shrapnel and jdams

My main problem with STRIKEs is that I didn't know exactly how they work and description for them and theirs customization parts are no clear for me :)

Loitering ammo:

• An expensive downgrade of the quadrocopter because it is too difficult to steer. Would be better if it is more maneuverable and responsive to mouse control. Currently, it feels like it has a very “delayed” response to mouse movement. For example, if I point my mouse to the left, it turns very slowly to the left for a few seconds before making a sharp, sudden left turn that overshoots my intended destination.
  • Tandem warhead might be bugged, I did 10 damage with it before.
  • could use a larger AoE for dealing non-lethal damage.

OTV:

• Needs to warn players beforehand with a HUD countdown notification before it goes active. This way players can prepare to check their main maps and benefit from the OTV's massive range. Because the current OTV "pings" twice without warning, it is pretty easy for players to miss both scans before they could check their main maps and this is a waste because the using minimap alone limits the benefits of the OTV

Jammers:

• Unless you are using jammers to disrupt the opposing reconnaissance, the ability to delay the use of scorestreaks, mini-drone and spotting is not very valuable to the team compared to using reconnaissance drones. It just feels like a mild nuisance on the receiving end.
  • A buff such as greying out Objective icons for players or objectives under the effect of the jammer. This way, players cannot see the capture progress of objectives unless they are on the objective themselves. This could introduce a new strategy of “stealth” capturing.
  • It could use another buff such that players under it’s effect get their maps disabled and lose their HUD friendly player icons of players not within line of sight (similar to how “Spotted” enemies are only highlighted when you have Line of Sight). This adds some psychological terror of feeling that you are alone.
  • At it's current state where jammers simply disrupt scorestreak deployment and reconnaissance disruption, the UCAS-D too useless to bother. Using UCAS-D reactively is a waste because all reconnaissance scorestreaks will outlast it anyways and using it pre-emptively is pointless because you do not know when the opponents want to use their scorestreaks, and delaying them by 10 seconds does not really matter

Airstrikes:  

• Too expensive. They are best used against vehicles, but Vehicles are already quite manageable with tandem RPG-7s. Most players do close-range "drive-bys" with their tanks and are pretty easy to kill with rear shots. I still keep the "Hellfire" airstrike in all of my loadouts for the occasional player who treats their tank like a sniper rifle. While I think the hellfire and Stormbreaker should be cheaper, it should still cost slightly more than vehicles because of it’s potential one-hit vehicle kills from direct hit.
  • lt would also be nice if "Bunker Busters" like the Mephisto could deal damage through cover but retain it high 10000 BP cost

Anti-armor Artillery and HE Artillery:  

• Unless the HE artillery is made cheaper, It is better to choose more "specialized" option like the shrapnel artillery for anti-personal or bombing run for anti-tank.
  • Anti-Armor Artillery is too unreliable against vehicle compared to bombing runs
  • I suggest making the Anti-Armor Artillery function like the High Explosive Artillery but make the shells fall in a much larger spread (25m to 40m). During the firing phase, the Anti-Armory Artillery fires mostly High Explosive Shells and some “M982 Excalibur Guided shells” that homes in towards nearby vehicles, dealing random light damage to both hull and to all modules. This help to differentiate artilleries from bombing runs. Bombing runs can instantly kill vehicles but they can be avoided due to delay, the Anti-Armor Artillery may fail to kill vehicles due to the low damage but the constant unavoidable damage to modules makes it an excellent area-denial tool against vehicles. The larger spread makes it more difficult for vehicles to avoid while making it more inaccurate against infantry players compared to the other artillery types.

UGV:

• Too difficult to control compared to heavy vehicles
  • Some weapons currently bugged (25MM cannon reload and rocket launcher zero damage?) or need some tweaks (MGs and rocket launcher's laser guidance)
  • supply kit rarely used by players because the risk of getting ran over is pretty high
  1. Maybe combine all supply kits into one to make it attractive?
  2. Maybe allow players to drop the supply kit?
  3. Or allow players to use supply kit from a distance?
  4. rather unrealistic, but I kinda like the idea of an aura that auto-refills from a short distance
  • Basically just a weaker version of the base heavy vehicle. It is pretty costly and I rather just skip the UGV, save the BP and get myself a tank
  • Not really sure what role is the UGV supposed to fit into.

Quadrocopter (actually I used this often )

• Not sure if it is the lag, but it is difficult to shoot down a quadrocopter and I often crash my quadrocopters when navigating inside buildings, I think it would be better if was slower but more agile and had a little more health as a counter-buff
  • Nerf quadrocopter drone by giving it a more audible buzzing and arming noise like this PTSD simulator ,this way it alerts players to it's presence and also adds to the immersion
Edited by ethynylradical

Personally I only really use the UAV flying eye, just for scouting objectives before a cap. The anti-armour artillery is almost useless as it warns the vehicle driver early enough that they can just get out of the way. All the other artillery can just in general be dodged and takes too long to deal damage; usually I manage to dodge mid-strike if an enemy is using it. CUAS quadcopter can be useful for spotting purposes, but is too manoeuvrable to be dodged or shoot at and deals little damage when it reaches the target. The loitering ammo, on the other hand, has the opportunity to be a really good anti vehicle tool but can be outrun by a vehicle running back to the repair bay and is hard to guide around corners. For the airstrikes and artillery in general I think they're only ever useful in games with more players, and the descriptions are too vague.

Hello,

I barely use almost all of the shown strikes due to:

a. Them being very in-effective and too costly to be used.

b. I'm mainly a vehicle player, so I collect the points for those.

c. I find the UAV and the low cost Jammer to be suitable for my play-style.

d. Battle robots are very effective, if played correctly by going to good positions and support allies and not use them in drive-by style as it takes one RPG and they are gone.

However, b. is the biggest reason why I don't use most of the strikes. For me the vehicle gameplay is much more interesting and I just like them in general.

On 1/26/2019 at 9:03 PM, DeWa95 said:

JAM (all types), don't see the point of it (why jam when you can scan)

On 1/27/2019 at 9:28 AM, TZoningHard said:

I dont use jammers its not really something more then guess work. Not really a active thing.

On 2/1/2019 at 6:02 PM, ethynylradical said:

Unless you are using jammers to disrupt the opposing reconnaissance, the ability to delay the use of scorestreaks, mini-drone and spotting is not very valuable to the team compared to using reconnaissance drones. It just feels like a mild nuisance on the receiving end.

Jammers are useful for disabling remote controlled strikes, they disable the ability to drop strikes on an area, disable respawns (!) and hide spotting. I think their problem is that people don't know it, they should be much better shown on the map.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ragir said:

disable respawns (!)

Hmmmmmm interesting... I didn't know about re spawns. Does it stop squad-leader re-spawns or flag spawns or both?

21 minutes ago, DeWa95 said:

Hmmmmmm interesting... I didn't know about re spawns. Does it stop squad-leader re-spawns or flag spawns or both?

For sure CP respawns, I'm not sure about squad leader respawns though, I'd need to test it.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ragir said:

For sure CP respawns, I'm not sure about squad leader respawns though, I'd need to test it.

Oooooo... This is where the fun begins.

I can now see it being useful for pushing objectives without getting flanked. Thanks for the clarification though.

• Like 1

Just now, DeWa95 said:

being useful for pushing objectives without getting flanked.

Yeah, with 2-3 people you can disable half of the map spawns and really easily get to some points that normally are well defended. And most people just give up once they have to spawn somewhere else, so this is a very powerful tool :P

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ragir said:

Yeah, with 2-3 people you can disable half of the map spawns and really easily get to some points that normally are well defended. And most people just give up once they have to spawn somewhere else, so this is a very powerful tool :P

Now you're just making me feel bad for not studying what the strike does :P

7 minutes ago, DeWa95 said:

Now you're just making me feel bad for not studying what the strike does

Well the strike descriptions aren't really done well yet, so this is also on us. We're redesigning the UI to make sure all the information is better shown, with short animations and stuff.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Ragir said:

Well the strike descriptions aren't really done well yet, so this is also on us. We're redesigning the UI to make sure all the information is better shown, with short animations and stuff.

Nah it's alright, it'll get done when it gets done. Till then we'll experiment and have fun.

• Like 2

I just have a small further question :D the jammers stop me from calling a strike when I am within the jammed area correct? (i.e. I cannot call in arty on any spot on the map if I am in a jammed area.) Is it possible to call in a strike on a jammed area when I am outside of it? (i.e. Call in arty on the jammed area while my position is not jammed) 

20 minutes ago, HeiligeRobbe said:

I just have a small further question :D the jammers stop me from calling a strike when I am within the jammed area correct? (i.e. I cannot call in arty on any spot on the map if I am in a jammed area.) Is it possible to call in a strike on a jammed area when I am outside of it? (i.e. Call in arty on the jammed area while my position is not jammed) 

Didn't know that too. That's why IMO strike descriptions must be more precise :)

40 minutes ago, HeiligeRobbe said:

Is it possible to call in a strike on a jammed area when I am outside of it?

thinking logically you can. But you cant go to jammed area with remote controlled vehicles (like quadcopter)

Yeah, that's also my guess. But would be nice to have a confirmation about that. ^^ Besides, jamming the spawns might be op if it gets more common knowledge. A single squad speaking together via discord would literally be able to force a team to spawn back in the base ^^ I can see wz matches turn into spawn jam fests already :D

11 minutes ago, HeiligeRobbe said:

Besides, jamming the spawns might be op if it gets more common knowledge. A single squad speaking together via discord would literally be able to force a team to spawn back in the base ^^ I can see wz matches turn into spawn jam fests already :D

there is a limit of 2 jammers at once if im not mistaken