Sign in to follow this  
TZoningHard

Replace squad leader spawning

I hear it was put into the game because players in the TTS asked for it to keep squad cohession easier.

I does help cohession but its coenicidental as people spawn based on conveince. Its ok as a temp messure but should be replaced later.

My issue is how it affects fire fights. Both when a extra enemy spawns mid air as you are fighting them.

Also when your movment gets hindered when a squadmates spawns on right on top of you and you bump into them preventing free movement. This is rarer but does occur.

A example is when you see two to three enemys which you engauge. In this particular case that happen to me I saw two enemys comming down a alleyway I step out as I have the element of reacting first. Position one enemy to be inbetween me and the other so the one behind can not shoot me because his teammate is in the way. Then I proceed to take them out out one at a time but however a third person spawn into the mix messing up the situation for and possibly getting the would be winner killed when they had done everything right and made no mistake.

Happend several time to me and just make the game too chancy. Get bad luck and several people spawn on one dude. Now when you thought you had enough ammo in a mag to win the ammount needed doubled or tripled.

Even if spawning was turned off with fighting theres the issue of the fight really goes past the point of no return before the shooting starts anf people have made their tactical plans already which get messed up by the squad spawn.

Its poor game design and I gave it a chance and its a slight issue that just kept getting more noticable over time.

Asking for looking into better options like squad leaders putting down rallys which will make a more active team play spawn mechanic instead of a passive one. As well as help make less conveince more tactical based spawning.

• Like 1

They could try to make spawning on the SL only when he is not taking damage and near enemies. Also, disabling the spawns at the Capture Points will force more people to fight alongside the Squad Leader and thus the SL role will actually have a meaning as actually being a leader and not just going full-Rambo-lone-wolf at some random place at the map.

18 hours ago, sivkon said:

They could try to make spawning on the SL only when he is not taking damage and near enemies.

This is interesting idea and I have same point of view like you.

18 hours ago, sivkon said:

Also, disabling the spawns at the Capture Points

I don't like this mechanic. I like situations when I know that my teammates can spawn on me when I trying to go and do some PTFO. I understand your point of view but I think that option can marginalize squad leader role.

• Like 1

The thing is that you can be in a fire fight and not take damage.

Like in my scenario If I fight two people one at a time by lining them up but the person I am not hitting at that moment gets spawns on the fight goes from a 1v2 to a 1v3.

Another case is if I go up against a person 1v1 but we are using cover or haven't exactly engaged yet but we know each other is there and are trying to get a better position but then you have another person spawn into them mix.

A scenario also has happens to me were I went to pop a corner but had a ally spawn on me which cause issues moving back to cover, meaning I was put into a situation that was really bad for me even though I did everything correctly.

Squad spawning causes issue that makes this game too chaotic in a way that you could be punished for not making mistakes. It generally is only used 1/20 times as squad based cohession mechanic.

I also dislike defenders spawning on objectives because its just ends up as them being farmed as they try to redeploy to stop a take over. Also its mainly a convenience thing instead of a teamwork thing. Its doesn't really contribute the the games fun.

Possibly allow you to spawn on a objective that has a squadmate there.

13 hours ago, TZoningHard said:

Like in my scenario If I fight two people one at a time by lining them up but the person I am not hitting at that moment gets spawns on the fight goes from a 1v2 to a 1v3.

Maybe if there being suppressed they can’t spawn on SL?

8 minutes ago, MOBBOB said:

Maybe if there being suppressed they can’t spawn on SL?

Its still applies before any one even fires. The main example that happens is you see a enemy player or two you pop out and before you shoot another spawns changing the situation after you committed to the past situation.

It generally changes the

It could also be to where you know that one dude and that only one dude is corner so you push to find that another spawns.

Also the issue of having team mates spawn on you blocking movement which can get you killed.

Its honestly poor game design and a issue for BF series. You dont really need it other games like squad and PS2 dont have it and have better team cohesion then BF or WW3 and on a larger scale.

You shouldn't have random situation changes in a game that punishes players

This game didn't use to have them but people asked for it but its only added convenience instead of fixing the issue on squad cohesion.

I generally dont like how the game has become less punishing more casual since launch. Spawning on sqaud leader isn't casual but its a bad mechanic. Just like how you currently spawning on Objective.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TZoningHard said:

Its still applies before any one even fires. The main example that happens is you see a enemy player or two you pop out and before you shoot another spawns changing the situation after you committed to the past situation.

That is a problem.

I agree it needs work. Not being able to spawn on the squad leader while he is in a firefight is pretty obvious. But there will always be cases as Tzoning points out where its just broken and gives too much of an advantage. But personally, at this stage I dont think it should be completely removed, but reworked. If the devs come up with a good way to balance it then id be fine with it.

not at this stage but for the future.

We will get a vehicle meant for spawning later on down the roadmap.

• Like 2