Jump to content
Rozmo

Feedback on Update 0.4

Recommended Posts

Welcome Soldiers !

Please feel free to leave your feedback regarding update 0.4

Best wishes,

World War 3 Team

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ehm before leaving my feedback I have a short question regarding my mental state :D Ragir's announcement is said to be from tuesday according to the forum. Was it hidden? I am checking also the PTE forum on a daily basis and I would be surprised if I truly overlooked that post :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It will be possible to have the patch notes please.

 

7 hours ago, Sovietique51 said:

 

sorry I just saw it weird I come every day on the forum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still I haven't played enough for an extensive feedback but the gun play feels amazing! Was a strong point already before but now it's more responsive imo. 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

from the first sight, hitmarker (or what is it - idk. Sounds like a loud click) sound is TERRIBLE - why is it even exists? https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Ptm1uzVd4eZbaVN6PP5BJJxetd1_HsAg

"we are winning"/"we are losing" sounds annoys so hard, especially when they comes one by one several times:

     match starts, 1st kill: BOOOOM WE ARE LOSING, we got 2 kills: BOOOOOM WE ARE WINNING, enemy got 2 kills: BOOOOM WE ARE LOSING and so on... https://drive.google.com/open?id=12NIf4HnRVusrU2OQiuKmoCbW49L-vo0t

same for exhale sounds: hhheeee, hhhhuuuu, hooooo, hhhhoooof. Sound like he is pooping :)

hit detection is broken again  (sometimes ~15 hits with no dmg)

claymore are useless - 1 sec to detonate, low blast radius, too noticable. Kill doesnt count

new smg is good

Edited by Atway
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah hitmarkers sounds. Why and if yes it sounds super annoying. I see no reason for the sound at all right now. Even if they are meant to tell us which armor they are wearing i dont see a point.

Hit reg seems broken or the guns are just to accurate anymore.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dla mnie bomba. Zajebisty, jeszcze lepszy feeling. Jeszcze zbyt krótko pograłem, żeby pisać o szczegółach, ale przyjemność z grania pierwsza klasa. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Atway said:

hit detection is broken again  (sometimes ~15 hits with no dmg)

That could be because of lag I don’t know where you live but pte is eu servers only I have that same problem but I live in us so I have 180 ping (Ragir said to remove 35 tho so 145)

 

I really like the new gun it’s fun the 60 round mad makes reload at a fast rate the normal mags is super fast and I want to try the 17 round mag this gun.

the new tdm map is awsome I had a lot of fun the new gun is great on it too but NOTHING is better than Dark_dp with a his thermal scoped g29.

I think the game feels much better overall I am definitely enjoying this update.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can we change this TTK before live its pretty horrid. Also gut shots are still a thing which is very very bad with 3 bullet to kill.

 

Overall the patch is good.

I dont like how the game is giving more hand outs by lowering the cost of streaks. If its only for testing streak more and will be raise later that's ok but I already disliked how streaks are becoming less of a reward for playing objectives by upping the score you got and now lowering the cost.

 

I like to see how the armor Idea works out but it doesn't matter with a 3 BTK and the super low TTK

Trying to make us aim worse to make the 3 BTK viable doesn't work. So many times am I getting a kill at long range with out even having my crosshair on the player at the time of their death. It seems to be less about accuracy and more about throwing lead down range and getting the random hits which lead up to the kill.

 

Patch quality is good but I dont like the design direction of being less hardcore more catering. Like lower match times, raised score, and now lowered BP cost for streaks.

I enjoy the update but I cant stand the TTK time and having my aim pulled to the side doesn't balance it out.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lot of bugs I have seen. For example, BTR-90 is in "Transportation" and not "IFV" tab.

Vepr and Alfa are still to heavy to use with steel armor even without attachments. Or steel armor is to heavy, and GM want to use it only with SMG?

TDM Moskow is right move. If the game is wanted to be alive, it needs more maps or game mods.

"Buying a weapon now unlocks all its default attachments" AT LAST

Audio hit markers seems bad and "cartooon"

At last I am on the right side in the game (East)

Edited by †FeuerEuphorie†
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well @TZoningHard sometimes yes, sending as much lead down range is the best way but dark_dp get out play anyone at close range with a g29 with a thermal scope.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really liked what the developers did with shooting this update. Shooting is very enjoyable now. Yes, there are those who say that they are now being killed more often and faster. But I will say that now I don’t have to shoot half of the clip into one opponent. And it makes me very happy.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

0.4 jak dla mnie najlepsza aktualizacja 0 crash-y a grałem wczoraj i dziś 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love the new machine pistol introduced in this update. I like how small and concealable it is (which gives you an edge when taking cover). I will concede it isn't very effective for general combat unless you can flank well and are otherwise a highly competent shooter, and if you add upgrades such as stocks and foregrips.

I dislike the increased reload time of the SIG, which makes me feel that nearly all the default guns available in this game are awful. At least I would still be able to afford one or two other guns should a progress wipe come out.

I love how the explosions sound more dangerous now in this update.

The We Are Losing sound that accompanies the on-screen prompt does sound annoying to me IMO. It sounds rather out of place in a game which doesn't have an electro soundtrack, and otherwise just annoying. The sound that accompanies the on-screen prompts "We Are Winning" and "X kills/points to win/victory" sounds alright to me otherwise.

The addition of a Polish language commander makes the game sound more authentic to me for some reason, even though I don't speak Polish. I guess this has something to do with how Battlefield: Bad Company 2 had a commander that spoke Russian should you be on the Russian team.

I love the lower TTK - it makes tactical gameplay also more efficient, when players can focus less on killing. Planetside 2 sucked for me in this regard because of the high player health and armor.

The Moscow TDM map does look pretty even though it isn't my taste. I do admit that I dislike how much of the combat right now takes place in the corridors, although I guess this is similar to how much of the combat takes place in the upper floor of Warsaw; granted, there's more space even in those parts of the map, compared to the corridors of Moscow IMO.

Edited by Rivy
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds!!!:x More sharp and powerful sounds! BUT!!! Somehow in vehicles it's now harder to locate where does the RPG rocket explode. Except this new sound do insanely good job with deepening immersion and overall atmosphere. Big THX for this, devs!

TTK. Sometimes it feels it's too little. Sometimes it's feels normal. Me personally asked myself: are the enemies wearing armor or not. Mb because devs tweaked spread and recoil now bullets more frequently hit non-armored parts of bodies.

Moscow TDM, Practically unplayable for me. Because when I'm staying at the edge of the map everything seems good. But closer I'm heading to the center of the map - lower drop my fps.

And it happens when somebody is moving. If I'm staying solo and see only map textures - 60 fps. The moment I'm starting the move - they drop to 20-30. If, in addition, somebody, no matter friend or foe, is moving in my FOV FPS is 15-20. Fenom FX6350, MSI 970, 16GB RAM, AMD RX380.

Spoiler

20190202232133_1.thumb.jpg.01d38a983b0add728f355fdc5ac2083d.jpg

 

Vehicle repairing platform is buffy. Sometims it's 1 tic repair. Sometimes it's not repairing. Sometimes it's works just fine.

57mm Shrapnel shells DO NOT WORK. Zero splash dmg. APFSDS shells only with direct hits. I'm all for hardcore but It's too hardcore even for me.

BTR-90 supposedly 30mm gun has close too nonexistent dmg too. Direct torso hit with HE shell - 25 dmg. Me - O.o.  Checked. Yes, it's ten times easier to kill with coaxial machinegun, than with main cannon. 

Artillery strikes now are dangerous.😱 For vehicles at least.

And finally. 1 crash.  My usual: freeze - unfreeze - crash.

Overall impression - good. 

Edited by tynblpb
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Explosion sounds are awesome
  • We are losing sound annoying, yes
  • The new gun is a fun secondary for an RPG loadout
  • Personally, TDM Moscow seems way too confined. You pretty much can't see an enemy until they're on top of you, which encourages camping angles so that you can get the edge on someone. Similarly to with Warsaw, everyone seems to take the same route running around in circles on the top floor.
  • TTK changes are alright, but there have been moments where I've successfully ambushed a player with an assault rifle and get some shots at them and they've been able to turn around and destroy me with a sub gun. It seems to me like there's an issue with that.

Thanks a lot F51. Was looking forward to Recon, but if it's not ready that's fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While I was playing TDM everything was relatively good. And then I went to the Warzone ...

Please correct this.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, after playing few rounds on TDM maps still can't decide is current TTK normal or too short. If player has good aim - it's almost no chances if he catches u in open spaces and starts shooting first. If he has bad aim there are chances. Considering this G-36 is again best gun.

Summarized, in 0.4 cost of wrong positioning is very high and game is very punishing in that matter so entry threshold is very high for newcomers or casual players. I think smoke and flashbang grenades will have much greater value if things will stay as of they are now.

I  forgot. Yay! My first kill with artillery strike in more than 1 month. Finally.😤

Edited by tynblpb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Although TTK is indeed much lower, recoil seems to be much stronger on every gun to compensate, I think its okay. 

 

Although TTK is indeed much lower, recoil seems to be much stronger on every gun to compensate, I think its okay. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Artaxiad300062 said:

Although TTK is indeed much lower, recoil seems to be much stronger on every gun to compensate, I think its okay. 

I dont see it balancing out well so far. Gunplay is generally less fun and seem more about getting lucky hits at range. When Im shooting at targets at long range Im getting hits with my cross hair not even on them.

 

The rest of this isn't directed at you Artaxiad.

 

The one thing I really hate is when games like Squad up the recoil to annoying levels and add in mechanics meant to make you miss more just so the bullet can do more damage. Similar with Squad when they made annoying mechanics to make shooting skillfully, impractical and with mechanics out side recoil aw well. Not saying this is how it is in .4 but trying to balance out a bad TTK time with recoil is not good design.

There is a golden zone depending on the type of game you are going for and for low TTK, semi realistic, competitive, team based BF like gameplay we are too low and recoil can not fix that properly.

It might make it more viable but you are doing so at the expense of fun gunplay as you end up spraying instead of making precise shots. The rest of the game suffers as well when it turns into a chaotic mess with people dying in situations such as a person rounds a corner prefiring or not using the low TTK to get easier kills do to the opponent not being able to react properly to the threat.

Along with making the tactic of strafe popping corners too strong as its purpose is to take advantage of latency and the opponents reaction times to make it improbable and a guessing game to counter that tactic.

Also with the spawn situation you have people popping up in directions that would have been previously covered but now you have a group pop up out of thin air meaning with the current TTK you no longer have a chance to counter lucky flanks when several people are spawning onto on leader that spawned behind you.

 

Along with all of this it turns more into getting lucky hits and makes the gunplay reward precise skilled shooting less in favor of who shoots first. In general who shoots first gunplay games are narrow in scope of variation of play, skill ceiling, and leads to stunted enjoyment when you reach the ceiling/variation what what you have to do with gunplay.

Making gunplay less precise to balance out low TTK just makes the gunplay less enjoyable to play to try and get a semi realistic number bullets to kill.

This isnt hardcore or skilled gamplay inducing its just a big annoyance and makes the game take less effort to kill but more cancer to stay alive.

 

 

Old TTK was fine with the issues stemming from the size of the hit box you where shooting at and the gut shots were 3 shot kills like now.

I'm a for bolter live matter person because I like the gameplay style and there are people who dont play well and try to get bolters nerfed but they are too strong now

Making every gun OP isnt good balance. You need moderation to make the gameplay have more substance. With the low TTK there is a very low window for snipers to be able to compete against ARs so they balance this with bolters being able to kill with graze shots. The damage is good but the size of the target is so big its broken and too easy.

Guns are generally more balanced but still very big issues from the TTK

 

I like the update a lot and it is really good but the TTK issues which is a continuation of gutshot issues makes me have to force my self to play the PTE. I'm not going to be able to enjoy this patch and will probably have to take a break till the next patch.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TZoningHard said:

I dont see it balancing out well so far. Gunplay is generally less fun and seem more about getting lucky hits at range. When Im shooting at targets at long range Im getting hits with my cross hair not even on them.

 

The rest of this isn't directed at you Artaxiad.

 

The one thing I really hate is when games like Squad up the recoil to annoying levels and add in mechanics meant to make you miss more just so the bullet can do more damage. Similar with Squad when they made annoying mechanics to make shooting skillfully, impractical and with mechanics out side recoil aw well. Not saying this is how it is in .4 but trying to balance out a bad TTK time with recoil is not good design.

There is a golden zone depending on the type of game you are going for and for low TTK, semi realistic, competitive, team based BF like gameplay we are too low and recoil can not fix that properly.

It might make it more viable but you are doing so at the expense of fun gunplay as you end up spraying instead of making precise shots. The rest of the game suffers as well when it turns into a chaotic mess with people dying in situations such as a person rounds a corner prefiring or not using the low TTK to get easier kills do to the opponent not being able to react properly to the threat.

Along with making the tactic of strafe popping corners too strong as its purpose is to take advantage of latency and the opponents reaction times to make it improbable and a guessing game to counter that tactic.

Also with the spawn situation you have people popping up in directions that would have been previously covered but now you have a group pop up out of thin air meaning with the current TTK you no longer have a chance to counter lucky flanks when several people are spawning onto on leader that spawned behind you.

 

Along with all of this it turns more into getting lucky hits and makes the gunplay reward precise skilled shooting less in favor of who shoots first. In general who shoots first gunplay games are narrow in scope of variation of play, skill ceiling, and leads to stunted enjoyment when you reach the ceiling/variation what what you have to do with gunplay.

Making gunplay less precise to balance out low TTK just makes the gunplay less enjoyable to play to try and get a semi realistic number bullets to kill.

This isnt hardcore or skilled gamplay inducing its just a big annoyance and makes the game take less effort to kill but more cancer to stay alive.

 

 

Old TTK was fine with the issues stemming from the size of the hit box you where shooting at and the gut shots were 3 shot kills like now.

I'm a for bolter live matter person because I like the gameplay style and there are people who dont play well and try to get bolters nerfed but they are too strong now

Making every gun OP isnt good balance. You need moderation to make the gameplay have more substance. With the low TTK there is a very low window for snipers to be able to compete against ARs so they balance this with bolters being able to kill with graze shots. The damage is good but the size of the target is so big its broken and too easy.

Guns are generally more balanced but still very big issues from the TTK

 

I like the update a lot and it is really good but the TTK issues which is a continuation of gutshot issues makes me have to force my self to play the PTE. I'm not going to be able to enjoy this patch and will probably have to take a break till the next patch.

 

 

I don't really have a problem with the TTK, but the recoil is less enjoyable, and it does seem less realistic. A completely upgraded AR, with compensator, grip,  and with the right scope should have pretty good recoil control, especially the newer guns like Ak-12. But the Ak-12 and all other weapons are much harder to control now. I can barely put down 7 shots before the gun kicks all over the place. I think the devs should try toning it all down a bit. Instead of 75% damage from 0.3's 50%, it should be 55-60%, and recoil should be made at least a bit smoother. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Artaxiad300062 said:

I don't really have a problem with the TTK, but the recoil is less enjoyable, and it does seem less realistic. A completely upgraded AR, with compensator, grip,  and with the right scope should have pretty good recoil control, especially the newer guns like Ak-12. But the Ak-12 and all other weapons are much harder to control now. I can barely put down 7 shots before the gun kicks all over the place. I think the devs should try toning it all down a bit. Instead of 75% damage from 0.3's 50%, it should be 55-60%, and recoil should be made at least a bit smoother. 

The recoil pattern is less enjoyably for me mainly the kicking to the side. Ping can could explain why people die when my cross hair is not on them but I do not have the same issue playing on the AS servers from NA so I dont think its aim and the weapon is just less accurate outside of recoil as well. the vertical is less of a issue as I now have to reposition my mouse more often but the horizontal recoil is super annoying.

Ive noticed that you are not as affected by the horizontal pulls and the vertical recoil when you hipfire. So Ive been hipfireing at long range (80-100m targets instead of aiming in to hit them. Wither way its down to luck if you hit them at that point it seems there more deviation to the bullets projection.

I hope this isn't another attempt to make semi auto and burst fire more viable rather then full auto. Should just make a weapon meant for semi and burst that instead of trying to force into the game annoying mechanics so people who want to shoot semi can do so on every weapon.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really enjoy the lower TTK, at least right now. We'll see how it pans out later once there's been more time to play with it. The TTK as it is now helps make engagements feel a little better with less bullets being wasted, and firefights ending a bit quicker which helps in situations where you're faced with multiple targets. Less bullets being required is also great for tactical shooting as well, where sneaking around and utilizing strategy and control is paramount. 

The DMG is a fun gun, I'm really enjoying it, and I forecast it becoming my main SMG being used, although typically as a secondary due to it being the perfect sidearm when sniping. The RoF is awesome, and the thing shreds through bodies at close range, especially within hipfire range where it is absolutely devastating. The SIG however is being replaced, since 0.4 balance changes result in the SIG being inferior to the DMG when under around 25 meters, while being inferior to the larger caliber rifles at ranges longer than that. I feel as though the largest problem with SMGs as of 0.4, considering in 0.3x the SIG was the strongest gun at shorter ranges easily while the other SMGs had very little reason for use, is their bullet speed. With the toned down damage raising the SMG TTK (while other weapons were mostly treated to lower TTK), having slower bullet speed significantly hurts the SMGs in medium range engagements, leading to them being vastly outperformed by the rifles. The new damage/range parameters lead to the SMGs being ineffective at all but close ranges, where the new DMG easily outperforms all other guns leading the other SMGs with no place. 

Moscow TDM.. I was excited for but I've come to realize I'm not a big fan of in it's current iteration. Almost all the action happens in the second floor hallways, leading to the majority of matches being spent playing NASCAR running laps around the building. In addition, the hallway format leads to it being extremely potent for corner camping and head peaking, where considering that Moscow TDM definitely has the closest average engagement range, is counter productive to the fast-paced, CQC type gameplay that it seems designed for. The spawns are also in need of work, and there needs to be an option to deselect spawning on the squad leader, since the extremely "cozy" nature of the map seems to lead to countless deaths immediately upon spawning. I'd recommend placing the covers/barriers on the long corridors (at the spawn stairs) in the middle, to prevent head peaking from the corner rooms covering the entire hallways with very little risk to themselves. Aside from that, spawn trapping is a huge problem right now. While not TDM, I feel as though the map could be great for a mode with a single central objective in the courtyard area, such as hardline or something that the teams have to fight for control over. 

Hmm, claymores seem like a fun toy, although the bugs need fixed of course and the timer is a bit long, but they have been fun nonetheless.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...