Sign in to follow this  
sivkon

Mechanic that throws your aim away

Hi,

Just had a firefight with some random dude. Here is what happened:

1. Map: Smolensk. Sprinting towards C2 from C1. Climbing the hill.

2. Enemy emerges.

3. Both he and I stop, take aim and fire while strafing left & right.

4. My first to bullets (single fire mode) were hits. The first is in the armor, if I recall correctly. The second is at non-protected part.

5. Immediately after the second hit, the enemy hits me and throws my aim off of him. I wonder whether the guy experienced any such mechanics that completely destroy skill... Anyway, the following happened:

6. I manage to recover and hit him again once and immediately after that my aim is thrown off again by another hit on my character. 

7. I try to recover for the third time but the enemy gets me.

Through the entire time the enemy was Full Auto-ing me with an AR. He probably had 50 / 60 round magazine because of how long he fired and seemed that he missed a lot. I was with the Russian SMG in single fire mode, wearing the Poly armor (the second one from less protection to more). Despite me actually not just spraying and praying like the other guy and actually aimed and fired when the gun was on target, the game punished me by throwing my aim off twice. The effect was really bad and had to be compensated with a significant mouse movement. To give you a rough idea how bad it was, let's say that for length measurement we are going to use the opponent as one unit at the distance the engagement started, which was about 15 - 20 m. The aim was thrown off to the left (in both cases) at about 3 - 4 units (if placed next to each other and standing, not crouching) from the real target. Combine this with the guy strafing and it becomes a frustrating experience of trying to get the gun on target again. How is this fun? Could the developers remove this mechanic? 

Sometimes, this does not trigger and sometimes it means losing a fight where my aiming was perfect but due to this bullshit, it significantly lowered my chances of survival. I don't want the opponent to experience this random bs mechanic as well. I want it to be fair on both sides so that the better player wins. If there is info on how it actually works or how to protect one self against it, I'd appreciate it. 

Muh zero dot two C

• Like 3

Flinch is a bad mechanic. Only a little is ok, not a lot. It not fun when you cant aim(play) because of a mechanic.

Yeah I think it's good if there's a small amount, not fun if you start an engagement and lose because of it