GreggRolls

MOVE PROTOTYPE SMOLENSK MAP TO PTE ONLY!!!!

You should remove the prototype map from the main build. its killing your player base... its a horrible experience trying to play it. I understand its a prototype SO PUT IT ON THE TEST SERVERS! All i want is to play the other warzone maps can i have no option to, so im just not playing the game. Wont be recommending this game until things change, but with that being said, i dont want this game to die because i enjoy it.

Why devs should do it? I mean, arguments. Because all I've seen in opening post was:

Uwaaaaaa! It's horrible experience! Remove it!

For me, personally, map works just fine.

Edited by tynblpb
  • Like 1

This will actually happen with 0.4, just letting you know

• Like 1

5 hours ago, tynblpb said:

Why devs should do it? I mean, arguments. Because all I've seen in opening post was:

If you look around in other WW3 communities you will see people cry about that map every day, so yes it hurts the community because most people who bought WW3 didnt buy it to test anything or support the devs, they just wanna play. 

The real issue here tho is that they still didnt make any advanced filters for joining games which has been suggested countless times, and also doesnt take alot of effort anyways. I think the devs settled with the simple "Quick Join" because they eventually started working on a server browser instead. But they could still take an extra 30 min just to add some variables for maps atleast. If people would be able to choose to search for games with specific maps, modes etc then nobody would complain. Should be in the game regardless.

Edited by Tweak

I love the map but I'm tired of playing it all the time.

For some reason its always in the queue.

IDK why they didn't just re add textures. They havent done so so its probably something hard to do.

Welp its getting removed which is a good idea.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tweak said:

If you look around in other WW3 communities you will see people cry about that map every day, so yes it hurts the community because most people who bought WW3 didnt buy it to test anything or support the devs, they just wanna play

I don't care about obviously dumb ppl who buy Early Access game with not "I want to support devs" but "I just want to play" in their minds.

Go play BF5 then. Oh, wait! I forgot. BF5 after releasing is in almost same stage of development as WW3 in EA...

Edited by tynblpb

3 hours ago, tynblpb said:

I don't care about obviously dumb ppl who buy Early Access game with not "I want to support devs" but "I just want to play" in their minds.

Go play BF5 then. Oh, wait! I forgot. BF5 after releasing is in almost same stage of development as WW3 in EA...

I dont care about them either, but when the devs can do a minor thing to shut them the fk up and make them enjoy the game I think they should go for it. I can post 10 screenshots within 1 minute right now filled with "OMFDG SMOLENks WtF THIS gaME nOT eVEN ALPHA???" etc

Edited by Tweak
  • Like 1

On 2/2/2019 at 11:47 PM, tynblpb said:

Dont you find it funny that they actually did it? why? because it WAS killing the player base, when there is already no one playing. Whats even funnier is your the only person that says it works fine. 

3 hours ago, GreggRolls said:

Dont you find it funny that they actually did it? why? because it WAS killing the player base, when there is already no one playing. Whats even funnier is your the only person that says it works fine. 

I still didn't see ANY arguments WHY it WAS killing the playerbase. And yes it's working perfectly fine. From my experience on Smolensk there were much less matches that ended 5000-1000. Some ended 4000-3000 with time limit expired. Why? Because with divided CPs it's a lot harder to run'n'gun from point to point trying to grind more and more BPs.

And again. When ppl are asking "what is with this map" month later after it was introduced, I don't count them as "playerbase". They are "random guys". Their opinion matter to me little less than nothing. How does their opinion matter to devs is another question.

Edited by tynblpb

1 hour ago, tynblpb said:

And again. When ppl are asking "what is with this map" month later after it was introduced, I don't count them as "playerbase". They are "random guys". Their opinion matter to me little less than nothing. How does their opinion matter to devs is another question.

What a ridiculous thing to say. The devs want this game to grow over the course of early access and so should we, if people return to the game to check it out and see how it's developing then of course the devs will want to hear what they think.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Cral said:

What a ridiculous thing to say. The devs want this game to grow over the course of early access and so should we, if people return to the game to check it out and see how it's developing then of course the devs will want to hear what they think.

When they ask in chat:

What is with the ground? Is this how it should be?

It means they simply launched the game, pressed "find fast game" button and EVERYTHING is NEW for them. It means the game for them is TERRA INCOGNITA. What quality feedback can they give, if they didn't even bother to read patchnotes or something?

12 minutes ago, tynblpb said:

When they ask in chat:

What is with the ground? Is this how it should be?

It means they simply launched the game, pressed "find fast game" button and EVERYTHING is NEW for them. It means the game for them is TERRA INCOGNITA. What quality feedback can they give, if they didn't even bother to read patchnotes or something?

People can't give feedback if they don't read the patch notes first?

If someone returns to the game, immediately encounters a very rough map and they decide to stop playing, that's still useful to know. Maybe it prompts a lot of other people to agree, or maybe the devs go look at the metrics and realise that players are avoiding that map. Shouting down someone and calling them 'obviously dumb' because they made a one off critical post doesn't help anyone.

33 minutes ago, Cral said:

People can't give feedback if they don't read the patch notes first?

No. It's simple. If u don't care to learn something about game u've bought - u r bot. 

What feedback can give ppl with 1hour of playtime. Hurr-durr I spawned and was killed this game sucks I'm not gonna play this?

18 hours ago, tynblpb said:

No. It's simple. If u don't care to learn something about game u've bought - u r bot. 

What feedback can give ppl with 1hour of playtime. Hurr-durr I spawned and was killed this game sucks I'm not gonna play this?

People can give lots of good feedback when they're new, that's why when game studios do focus testing they pick people new to a series of games and try to find fresh groups each time. Games often have issues that experienced players just overlook because they're so used to them, whereas fresh faces will point them out. If someone plays the game a little bit, gets put off by something and stops playing then that's useful.

Also when you're a small community it helps to be welcoming to new people to help the game grow, being elitist and shouting them down doesn't do the game any favours.