Astroahh

Price reduction/sale

I don't know how the financial situation is over at The Farm 51 is, but I check the player count on WW3 everyday (Which for the past few days the pop count has been higher) when I play to get a estimate if I'll find a quick match or not. I was wondering what it would be like if they could do a half off sale or a price reduction of the game to get more potential players. I love the game, and I think that some sort of a price reduction in a way may be beneficial to the game. I for one know I don't usually like spending my money on EA games, but if they're on sale I usually give a consideration. I'm not saying that a sale will for a fact get more players, I'm just thinking that in a sense it would. Let me know what y'all think?

Screenshot_3.png

Edited by Astroahh
  • Angry 1

I dont see a need for a price drop when they are just gonna raise it in the end. Why try to bring more players to the game that's not in a great state.

• Like 1

First devs must fix game. After that they can do marketing things like promotion or sale.

• Like 1

All I'm saying is, it takes forever to find a match sometimes. It's a total buzzkill and every time I'm in a match waiting for people to join. they'll always refer to wasting their money cause no one is playing. That's all

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, xIWaRcRiMeSIx said:

first fix game then we bring back the player base together its going to take a huge effort from everyone.

Agree with this, once its in a better state then I am sure its nothing a few open test weekends wouldnt fix

• Like 4

On 12/3/2018 at 5:39 PM, Tweak said:

You all need to understand that there is no reason at all to push for publicity for a game that is partly broken. Better to let it completely die while they fix/develop it instead of trying to get people to give it a second chance only to rage and quit again.

Edited by Tweak
  • Like 1

Next patch, server browser, it'll be a bit easier to find full games guys, no worries.

I do support the idea on having a discount, but not in the near future, when everything is nice and running well - that's when IMO the game's price should be lowered for a few days to get a few new players in.

Cheers

• Like 3

Player base is down, because many were frustrated (not at Devs, just in General) with the game crashing in nearly every game.

I myself went three days without a score, because I couldn't last one game. Since that errant patch, the player base has gone down (IMO) by nearly 60%. SO I expect that if {51} stays the coarse and fixed the issues, more people will be back.

They also need much bigger maps and longer games... 

• Like 3

Its only 28 bucks, turning it to 15 or 20, wont change anything. But the player base will gradually increase, we are just in very early build. 

• Like 2

I would honestly opt for the developer to stop selling this game right now. The game is not in a state (yes and I mean also for a early access game) where it could benefit from any exposure. I think the devs need at least 3 months to bring the game to a state where you could present to on a marketplace.

This would mean not working on any more content and just fix and develop what you already have. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/6/2019 at 9:27 AM, Schlagerfreund said:

I would honestly opt for the developer to stop selling this game right now. The game is not in a state (yes and I mean also for a early access game) where it could benefit from any exposure. I think the devs need at least 3 months to bring the game to a state where you could present to on a marketplace.

This would mean not working on any more content and just fix and develop what you already have. 

(Ragir mentioned this in the 0.4 patch notes) 

not everyone can work on bug fixes and optimization. some work on those and others work on content the people that work on content may not (just guessing) be as good at fixing bugs and optimizing the game so they specialize in making content and others (again guessing) aren’t as good as making models and textures and maps so they work on bugs and optimization.

Or they just don’t enjoy bug fixing /modeling /optimization.

• Like 1

Artists can obviously still create models etc. It is also often less likely that a model would cause issues in the game (can still happen). So while artists could for example make Models for a MP3, I would still not try to put it into the game now, since all other aspects of that item can cause issues and it would in fact re-direct developer time. 

in the end it also does not change the fact that the game was released too early to Steam and that the developers continued to make mistakes after the horrible launch. 

11 hours ago, Schlagerfreund said:

Artists can obviously still create models etc. It is also often less likely that a model would cause issues in the game (can still happen). So while artists could for example make Models for a MP3, I would still not try to put it into the game now, since all other aspects of that item can cause issues and it would in fact re-direct developer time. 

in the end it also does not change the fact that the game was released too early to Steam and that the developers continued to make mistakes after the horrible launch. 

I think they should still make content but that may just be me.

I disagree, I think the game was released in a fine state (beside servers) for early access might have been buggy but that’s the point of ea, to test a game.

The devs are doing better now most people’s crashing is fixed (or so I’ve heard) point .3 was a mess that update did hurt the community but they’ve fixed a lot of issues.

This will bring up sales/ Player base

A.  Farm 51  fix all crashes and stuttering

B. Optimize game for better fps and better use of multi core for amd users

C. Drop a free to play weekend so people who are thinking about the game can try it and see it works for them.

D. Do a limited time sell on the game as a thank you to rebuilding the broken community.

E. Market and re promote game all over the web let people know its back on and working this will draw in new and old player base.

• Like 1

They actually hire a popular streamer like Shroud to play their game, 60k to 100k viewers is great publicity and it would actualy attract players

The problem is that these popular streamers give those games usually not a lot attention. Not exactly the fault of the streamer, but it is how it works. They simply cant "afford" to put a lot of time into a single game that is at the best of situations a "side deal" for them. You may also end up with misconceptions because the streamer itself does not know anything about the game. Apart from that the game is right now not in a position where you should expose it to a wide audience. 

Yeah World War Three is just not ready for everyone to want to play. Maybe at 0.6, 0.7 when Smolensk has been implemented properly and Recon is in the game it might be worth spending some more time on PR, but the majority of players just aren't bothered to deal with bugs.

On 2/17/2019 at 6:36 PM, xIWaRcRiMeSIx said:

This will bring up sales/ Player base

A.  Farm 51  fix all crashes and stuttering

B. Optimize game for better fps and better use of multi core for amd users

C. Drop a free to play weekend so people who are thinking about the game can try it and see it works for them.

D. Do a limited time sell on the game as a thank you to rebuilding the broken community.

E. Market and re promote game all over the web let people know its back on and working this will draw in new and old player base.

Game doesn't come out for another year... right?

Most platform games usually cost $69 bucks and we are only paying $28. This is not a child's game and anybody who owns a computer and a steam account can afford $28 to try something (It's a cost of a meal) . Again, there is no need to let them "try it for free" bullshit. That is how you invite hacktardz, griefers & toolbags. Who are short-lived and add nothing to the global community and actually taint the core communities experience.

What Farm 51 needs to do, is keep their heads down and focused on making their game stable and BIGGER. They need to stay the coarse and stop listening to people who want the fast bucks and using the Dev's to make a spray fest death matches. This is a WAR game, with squads, and we can not fill up one servers during the day because you have 10 playing Warzone and 20 playing TDM. So (in talking..) many who bought to play a Battlefield style squad game, just don't log on anymore. Because Farm 51 has people scattered all over different servers and nobody can playtest the War aspect of this game. Therefore, Farm 51 needs to CONSOLIDATE it's player base and shut down TDM for a few months to allow for more involved WARZONE games (Which are usually over & lop-sided 7 minutes after they start).

In 5+ months of playing, I have never started a single game with a full server (<--Think on that). As such, 5k point games on certain maps, are too quick. And after playing the maps repeatedly, most the maps are quite small. I think WW3 needs a BIG map, to excite the BF2 players who are all eyeing this game, waiting for something less CQC.

Activity breeds activity..!

Once Farm 51 removes/limits TDM for a while, there will be full WarZone servers again. This game won't look dead and be more inviting. Which will bring in more players and friends... as it gains notoriety on steam friend's lists, word of mouth, etc. Which will allow Farm 51 grow into, the build out of alpha>beta>release.

If anyone has played with me (or knows me personally) you'd take what I am saying to heart. 

Edited by trig0tron