Akan

Does World War 3 need PTE today? (POLL)

Does World War 3 need PTE today? (POLL)  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Does World War 3 need PTE today?

• Yes, it does. PTE helps developers a lot in developing the game.
    • Yes, it does. Not everyone wants to to take part in testing updates, and some just want to play a well-working game so PTE is needed.
    • No, it doesn`t. PTE divides so small community into two parts. So you just can`t to play well and you can`t to test well.
    • No, it doesn`t. Doing another test (PTE) while the game already is in the testing (Early Access) is stupid.
    • I am neutral about this topic.
    • I don`t know.
    • I just want to watch the results.

I understand that the developers have worked on PTE, and perhaps in the future (when the online will grow up) PTE will be needed. But in my opinion, it now divides our small community into two parts that hurts both the players and the developers themselves. So, I decided to do a poll to find out what the majority thinks about it.

If you have an opinion different from the choices in this poll, write about it in the comments and I will add it.

UPD. I forgot to say that PTE failed in her task at the update 0.3 there were many technical problems that we are still fighting. I don`t want to say that PTE is bad thing, conversely, but in current situation (many problems + low online) PTE is excess measure NOW. When the online will grow up, then PTE may be returned.

Edited by Akan
I forgot to say one important thing
  • Like 2

I understand where you're coming from. It's very annoying playing live and waiting ages to find a match, but I do like PTE because those are where the juicy patches are and I like trying out new content and bug fixes before it goes to the live version of the game. All in all I think it's beneficial to get the game fixed as fast as possible. We may be a small community but we need people to test the patches on PTE so we know for sure know that they can go onto live version without any problems. Of course this is my opinion.

• Like 2

Yes, I do feel that the game benefits from a PT Environment. Being able to test a patch before forcing it on everyone is great.  0.4 was in a great state when it was pushed to the PTE, but it still had some issues. Getting those issues ironed out before hand I think is overall the best thing to do instead of dishing these patches out too fast. 

• Like 1

Just now, Astroahh said:

I understand where you're coming from. It's very annoying playing live and waiting ages to find a match, but I do like PTE because those are where the juicy patches are and I like trying out new content and bug fixes before it goes to the live version of the game. All in all I think it's beneficial to get the game fixed as fast as possible. We may be a small community but we need people to test the patches on PTE so we know for sure know that they can go onto live version without any problems. Of course this is my opinion.

So why we can`t try out new content and make bugreports on LIVE? More people = More feedback, is not it so? Unfortunately, it will not be possible to drag all people or even most of them into PTE.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Akan said:

So why we can`t try out new content and make bugreports on LIVE? More people = More feedback, is not it so? Unfortunately, it will not be possible to drag all people or even most of them into PTE.

I don't mind that either, but it's like what AboutThatTime said "Being able to test a patch before forcing it on everyone is great". He's not wrong. Personally I would like to try a new patch first to see what it's like and report any bugs or game breaking stuff ahead of time so when it gets to the live version everything is crisp. I would be very upset if they released a patch and it turned out very bad, thus making game play not enjoyable until they fix it. At least with PTE if they make a bad patch you can still play on the live version. Trust me I do feel you on the split player base, it does suck.

Edited by Astroahh

Just now, AboutThatTime420 said:

Yes, I do feel that the game benefits from a PT Environment. Being able to test a patch before forcing it on everyone is great.  0.4 was in a great state when it was pushed to the PTE, but it still had some issues. Getting those issues ironed out before hand I think is overall the best thing to do instead of dishing these patches out too fast. 

Issues is normal for Early Access, the main thing they must be fixed quickly, as possible. Now really small online. So wasting people on different clients is wrong. Perhaps when online will be equal to 1k PTE will become relevant.

Just now, Astroahh said:

Trust me I do feel you on the split player base, it does suck.

What does "the split player base" mean? Sorry, but I don`t speak English very well yet.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Akan said:

What does "the split player base" mean? Sorry, but I don`t speak English very well yet.

No worries my friend. It means part of the player base plays on another form of the game. So some of the player base plays on the Live version more than the PTE version like myself. Hence split player base. Another example would be DayZ for instance. There's the actual version of the game and then the experimental version which would be like PTE. Some play on the live version, some play on the test version to try out the next updates.

22 minutes ago, Akan said:

Because most people playing LIVE are not interested in helping the developers, they just want to play the game as smooth as possible.

• Like 1

Just now, Tweak said:

Because most people playing LIVE are not interested in helping the developers, they just want to play the game as smooth as possible.

But they can, at least, give passive help: take on the role of extras. Testing an update only with those interested is nice, but playing on empty servers is worse when you try to test.

I dont understand the PTE hate.

You can clearly see that its not splitting any playerbase if you just look at PTE.

You still have the same number of people each day on Live wheather PTE is up or not.

Hell you see a small increase in players on Live when they open PTE and put out a new patch.

It probably just something new for people and they are scared because they never been this early into a games development. Devs have multiple version od the game and in testing in some other game we would jump from one server so devs could test crashes and stability while testing mechanic on a older version but that game wasn't a always live game and test were sporadic.

• Like 1

Just now, TZoningHard said:

Hell you see a small increase in players on Live when they open PTE and put out a new patch.

it is logical that when there is an update the interest in the game increases.

Just now, TZoningHard said:

It probably just something new for people and they are scared because they never been this early into a games development. Devs have multiple version od the game and in testing in some other game we would jump from one server so devs could test crashes and stability while testing mechanic on a older version but that game wasn't a always live game and test were sporadic.

I know that test servers are a standart thing what developers use. In my opinion,  PTE is useful thing but in current situation (many problems + low online) PTE is excess measure NOW. WW3 has such low online we can say that we are at the alpha test. When the online will grow up, then PTE may be returned.

Just now, Astroahh said:

Another example would be DayZ for instance. There's the actual version of the game and then the experimental version which would be like PTE.

I understand that well. Most likely you just did not understand me. I am not against PTE in generally. But in current situation (many problems + low online) PTE is excess measure just NOW. I have created this poll to solve problems that we has, then we can return all back.

As everybody does on forums, I'll just leave my opinion here without reading the whole thread.

The reality is not behind that we don't need PTE because of very few plays there and/or it splits the community,
The real problem is just we need more players on PTE to help developers, and essentially not to suffer ourselves from unstable live patches. 

Edited by CapybaraPaul

Just now, CapybaraPaul said:

As everybody does on forums, I'll just leave my opinion here without reading the whole thread.

The reality is not behind that we don't need PTE because of very few plays there and/or it splits the community,
The real problem is just we need more players on PTE to help developers, and essentially not to suffer ourselves from unstable live patches. 

People will not arrive if the game has technical problems. So we need fast solve this problems and we can reach it fast only without PTE because low online. Today new update is realised and i don`t try out it yet. Maybe the problems are solved and people will come.

16 minutes ago, Akan said:

People will not arrive if the game has technical problems.

And this is exactly why they have PTE. To not release broken patches to the LIVE build that makes people cry and write shit about the game and then uninstall it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Akan said:

So we need fast solve this problems

This is main reason why PTE exists;)

Unpopular opinion here I guess.

I still find the idea absurd to have a PTE while the game is early access and clearly in early stage of development (if intended or not). The game peaks right now at less than 500 players online at the same time. There are limits at which you can actually test stuff properly and I think we are below this limit.

The state of the game is not the cause because we lacked a PTE. This was caused by a rushed release and then developers going into panic mode and rushing out patches. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Schlagerfreund said:

Unpopular opinion here I guess.

I still find the idea absurd to have a PTE while the game is early access and clearly in early stage of development (if intended or not). The game peaks right now at less than 500 players online at the same time. There are limits at which you can actually test stuff properly and I think we are below this limit.

I agree with you in that but..

1 hour ago, Schlagerfreund said:

The state of the game is not the cause because we lacked a PTE. This was caused by a rushed release and then developers going into panic mode and rushing out patches

there I don`t agree with you. Early Access is Early Access + WW3 is made on UE4 and games on UE4 very often has bad optimisation and many bugs, at least in EA stage.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Schlagerfreund said:

The state of the game is not the cause because we lacked a PTE

You are right! It's not because of lacking PTE.
But PTE is the actual tool needed for fixing live builds.

You need to release tested patches to fix live.
Untested patches can be brutally awful.
And ultimately what the point of releasing shit to players?

So these patches need to test to be sure it's not crap.
Which PTE ultimately exists for;)

On 2/8/2019 at 11:17 PM, CapybaraPaul said:

You need to release tested patches to fix live.
Untested patches can be brutally awful.
And ultimately what the point of releasing shit to players?

Do you really think that PTE does its task and LIVE is stable and isn`t crap? Do you think that the majority of the players isn`t interested for the game developing and only wants to play for themself? If you think so - you are wrong. Those who don`t take part in the PTE would be happy to take part in testing the patches in live.

On 2/7/2019 at 10:42 PM, CapybaraPaul said:

The real problem is just we need more players on PTE to help developers,

And I want a sports car. But it isn`t realisitic. And there will be no more people at PTE with this online (lol there aren`t even 500 at ww3) even if you want it very much. People who don`t  want to take part in PTE they have many objective reasons for this. So we must properly manage our resources and forget about PTE for some time (by 1k online maybe).