Forgotmyoldaccount

This game is dead

And I dont think anything will save it. The devs have made so many misteps early on that it's detracted so many players and potential buyers. I had such high hopes for this game, but now I realize they were misplaced. What shame. I guess there will never be a proper competitor to battlefield then.

• Confused 1
  • Angry 2

But why you think in this way? We just pushed a big patch which changes a lot since the last one, still improving everything, adding new features and the game is not even finished. You just create a Thread which brings nothing into the game, completely unconstructive topic. Developers, made mistakes and the are aware of that, we must learn from previous mistakes and not repeat them.

• Like 9

It has a rough start but its EA. Give it some time. They are young and learning.

If you are frustrated take a step back and play some other games and come back in a week, maybe 2 or something. Always helps when I'm frustrated.

Farm 51 really tries to do everything they can and I think once they are done with the game the population will skyrocket. Maybe not the same amount as a AAA title but it will attract a lot more players.

• Like 3

If a shit show like No Mans Sky can recover, I have no doubt in my mind that World War 3 will. Unlike many of the Early Access games out there The Farm 51 actually care about their game and their community. Just because the game had a bad start doesn't mean it's dead by no means. Sure it doesn't have a booming player base like a lot of games, but it has a dedicated player base and they interact with them. This game will most likely increase throughout 2019 with such major patches coming through. All we have to do is support the game and the devs.

• Like 3

I am always willing to learn, so if anybody could tell me what purpose a thread like this serves I would be glad to know. Besides: it appears to me that the game is not dead. 

3 hours ago, Forgotmyoldaccount said:

And I dont think anything will save it. The devs have made so many misteps early on that it's detracted so many players and potential buyers. I had such high hopes for this game, but now I realize they were misplaced. What shame. I guess there will never be a proper competitor to battlefield then.

I see these posts everywhere, here, FB, Steam. No arguments, no nothing. "Game is dead, just had to share my feelings because reasons". Yes the devs made mistakes, shit happened, but creating another useless crybaby post about it wont help. There are tons of posts about it already with real suggestions and criticism, maybe have a look around before you post.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, weedtime said:

But why you think in this way? We just pushed a big patch which changes a lot since the last one, still improving everything, adding new features and the game is not even finished. You just create a Thread which brings nothing into the game, completely unconstructive topic. Developers, made mistakes and the are aware of that, we must learn from previous mistakes and not repeat them.

Too little too late.

What is there more to add? The steam player numbers speak for themselves. You had something great with alot of potential and instead of optimizing development time to improve the game what did you focus on? Excessively useless customization and other minor features that make no sense to implement this early on. Where's the performance improvements? The map reworks? The server browser? Etc, etc. I dont feel like this game will amount to anything great and I dont have the time or interest to wait months on end for patches to fix alpha level issues. Good luck with your future endeavors.

4 hours ago, Astroahh said:

If a shit show like No Mans Sky can recover, I have no doubt in my mind that World War 3 will. Unlike many of the Early Access games out there The Farm 51 actually care about their game and their community. Just because the game had a bad start doesn't mean it's dead by no means. Sure it doesn't have a booming player base like a lot of games, but it has a dedicated player base and they interact with them. This game will most likely increase throughout 2019 with such major patches coming through. All we have to do is support the game and the devs.

No man's sky didn't recover, it's still bland, boring and mediocre. All the good press for 'fixing' the game is nothing more than just shilling to sell more copies. Your hope is misplaced. I've seen it before with many other early access titles. 

1 hour ago, Tweak said:

I see these posts everywhere, here, FB, Steam. No arguments, no nothing. "Game is dead, just had to share my feelings because reasons". Yes the devs made mistakes, shit happened, but creating another useless crybaby post about it wont help. There are tons of posts about it already with real suggestions and criticism, maybe have a look around before you post.

Real suggestions and criticism are ignored. I've seen many well though out threads flat out ignored. I guess many people are complaining because they are burned out by early access. World War 3 was the last straw for me and probably alot of other people. 

P.S. I dont believe in forgiveness anymore. A company is not a person and no they do not deserve another chance if they screw up. 

7 minutes ago, Forgotmyoldaccount said:

Too little too late.

What is there more to add? The steam player numbers speak for themselves. You had something great with alot of potential and instead of optimizing development time to improve the game what did you focus on? Excessively useless customization and other minor features that make no sense to implement this early on. Where's the performance improvements? The map reworks? The server browser? Etc, etc. I dont feel like this game will amount to anything great and I dont have the time or interest to wait months on end for patches to fix alpha level issues. Good luck with your future endeavors.

No man's sky didn't recover, it's still bland, boring and mediocre. All the good press for 'fixing' the game is nothing more than just shilling to sell more copies. Your hope is misplaced. I've seen it before with many other early access titles. 

Real suggestions and criticism are ignored. I've seen many well though out threads flat out ignored. I guess many people are complaining because they are burned out by early access. World War 3 was the last straw for me and probably alot of other people. 

P.S. I dont believe in forgiveness anymore. A company is not a person and no they do not deserve another chance if they screw up. 

Maybe the player base is small but the are dedicated to the game and help us improve. The design team, cant help with improving performance and overall gameplay, so instead of wasting time, they started adding new guns and cosmetic items. Server browser is added in the game, seems like you don't play anymore so you have no idea, you just getting bored and came here to write, that the game is dead. Performance is improved all the time, were on early access and it's gonna take time, loading and ram issues are gone for now.

If you don't have time to wait for months for patches etc. you should wait until the game will be fully released, no one force you to buy EA game, it was your choice.

If you think in this way, that people/company which do everything to fix the issues, do not deserve for second chance, what kind of human you are.

Bless ya!

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Forgotmyoldaccount said:

No man's sky didn't recover, it's still bland, boring and mediocre. All the good press for 'fixing' the game is nothing more than just shilling to sell more copies. Your hope is misplaced. I've seen it before with many other early access titles. 

No Man's Sky is dead? Yet it has over Two thousand concurrent players. Just because a game isn't averaging in the tens of thousands doesn't mean it's dead. Sure WW3 only averages in the hundred and that's because the game is still an infant with a lot of work ahead. Look at DayZ. That game has been trash for years, but with updates and the devs realizing they need to fix their game it eventually became popular and populated again with over seven thousand concurrent players. If you don't see the promise that WW3 and the devs have to offer than all I got to say is, Good Luck Charlie.

Edited by Astroahh
Grammar
  • Like 2

I was not aware of the server browser being implemented, as I've been unable to get into the game for the past few hours due being unable to update. I've deleted and redownloaded this game several times today. I was in a match this morning and typed my original post up after that experience, and only posted it later today.

The player numbers while artifically inflated are still low. I came here to air my greivance about a game that failed to live up to it's potential. I see the same trend with world war 3 as I did with dayz. Hit the ground running, fizzled out and now is only a shell of it's former self. 

Usually I dont purchase early access games, due to the old addage "Early Access, Never Finished." But I gave this game a chance. The final product of most early access games is not much different, other than content additions and performance improvements. There are some exceptions but they are few and far inbetween.

I'm the kind of person that does not believe in the humanization or defense of corporations, especially when they screw up. I am not a fanboy of any sorts. 

The player numbers while artifically inflated are still low. I came here to air my greivance about a game that failed to live up to it's potential. I see the same trend with world war 3 as I did with dayz. Hit the ground running, fizzled out and now is only a shell of it's former self. 

What ever you mean by artificially inflated I still wonder what purpose this thread serves. Do you want the developers to stop developing the game because you think the game is dead? Or do we have to stop playing? Or do you just want to make the developers feel bad? I really want to understand if there is abny productive and constructive intention behind.

It's true the devs do not respond to any thread or suggestion but I am sure they are reading a lot of it maybe they just don't find the time to answer to everything? Or want to see the community's reaction to said propositions and criticism?

Artificially inflated.. Dude have you seen the server lists? Everything adds up. Instead of complaining about low player counts, how about those who complain about it, actually play so we can have hundreds of these people in the game? I suppose that would be too constructive. I see all these people saying something like "Oh I want it to succeed so I'll wait because there's no players". There's plenty to fill up servers, there's plenty to play. Yet, they prefer player numbers to server numbers. They'd have no problem playing the game with other people, yet they choose to complain about the player numbers.

No, the game is not dead. Yes, the game has a chance for recovery. Devs have stated it long past. There is at least a million people who never tried, nor heard of, the game. Further advertisements will reach to them, devs have stated this is there plan for a long time now. Game is also funded fully until at least 1.0. If you want to help, help. If not, don't. 

I also don't see what's this "forgiveness" thing about? What did they do wrong, not have a crystal ball to predict their issues? 0.3 Was fine on PTE, live launch messed it up. The launch players were too much for their servers. There's nothing to forgive, they're still giving it their all, and I'm willing to help them through this, so that I can have a game to enjoy at one point, because apart from player numbers, this game is looking pretty great.

Edited by TCPPolak
  • Like 5

Many of my friends whom I've spoken to, have zero interest in the game. Whatever hype world war 3 had has waned down greatly. Many people on the steamhub and other forums I frequent pretty much agree; the game is dead. The only people who cant see the truth are the few diehard fanboys. Tell me why should I play a dead game with zero players? How long should I wait until the servers fill up? Do I want this game to die? No, it's already dead. It's a walking corpse now. The developers didn't allow community servers at launch and that's what truly killed this game. I'm mad that I held out hope for another early access sham. I dont believe this game will ever recover or even live up to the potential it had. And if it does, good on them but I dont think anybody will be playing by that point. Just like almost all the other early access shams.

By forgiveness, I meant the tendency for people to humanize and empathize with corporations and allow said corporations to continue to get away with broken promises and other misdeeds, because the customers have so much emotional investment in a company. Ala valvedrones, blizzard fans, apple users, etc. 

You should not do anything of that. :D I doubt that this is the truth. And even if it's just a couple of diehard fanboys continuing to play this game. As long as they have fun doing so the game is not dead at least for them. What I still do not understand is: Why are you telling this? You think the game is dead and your friends do and you don't think it will recover to a greater fanbase. Okay. And what does it help that you write that? If you think the game is dead why waste time on forum posts which have no productive purpose as it seems?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I suppose it's easiest to call everyone opposing your hyperbolic view a die-hard fanboy.

No, there is not "zero players", and I don't see what WW3 didn't give that it promised... It came, game released on promised date. The content which was promised is in the game. It has too much traction for a dead game. Also, servers don't take long to fill up, at all. 

I also might ask, this has nothing to do with "corporations". For some, maybe, but doubtful by the size of this studio. They didn't back out of any promises. It does seem like you are generally against early access, and the low playerbase is a perfect excuse. You cannot blame the actions of others onto another.

They didn't promise anyone a game with 40000 players. See on the flip side, two of my friends got this game. They never heard of it until I mentioned it. They played for hours before they ever found out the playerbase was low. And that's just because I mentioned it. To quote one of them "It seemed like it had at least a thousand, there's always populated games going on".

Sometimes what we see on the surface changes our mind of the inside.

• Like 1

On 2/8/2019 at 12:48 AM, Forgotmyoldaccount said:

instead of optimizing development time to improve the game what did you focus on? Excessively useless customization and other minor features that make no sense to implement this early on. Where's the performance improvements? The map reworks? The server browser?

Minor features need to be implemented at this stage because it's the constant adding of features that causes the game's current state, performance and stability wise. And we need those features in because the game is like halfway done in most areas. Once the features are set and we'll get to final optimization and stability fixes the situation should improve greatly.

If we'd focus on stability/optimization now you'd get a stable build for 1 month and then it would all crash and burn once a new build with additional features implemented would be released. You can't develop a game and implement final stability/performance updates at the same time. That's just how game developement works.

Edited by Borreh
  • Like 5