Anxter

Is the new TTK here to stay ?

Yeah I understood that you meant body shots. Still I find it too much. Most likely I am flawed due to my love for Bf 3 DMRs :D but 1. I can't stop seeing the battle rifles mainly as DMRs despite them being obviously high caliber ARs and 2. in Bf 3 except for the SKS all DMRs were one hit headshot kill weapons in close range and needed only two body shots. With the capacity to go full-auto this would of course be OP but I think three bodyshots should be enough with 2 HK.

The devs think about it to put DMR's in, that were a separate category. But I'm not a fan of DMR's because of the DMR spam in BF4 or BF3 sometimes. I like it how the balance was in BF4 of DMR's 2 HS or 3 Hits to kill because they are no sniper rifles.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, @PRUNKgaming said:

In case its not clear - this game was brought into early access so that it could be built around what the community wants.

A few people on a forum doesnt represent the whole community. Lets say they make a decision based on what 10-20 people say here. Then when the game gets released it hits 10k+ players every day. When those 10k people say the TTK is fine, then that is what the community wants.

People hate me when I compare CS:GO to this game but here goes. The developers of CS:GO never make any change directed to casual or new players when it comes to balance (ttk, recoil, everything like that). They always have the competitive scene in mind. Even if they make a change that the pro scene doesnt like, they revert/fix it right away. Now go check out reddit/hltv/official csgo forums, over 90% of the people posting suggestions and what not there are LOW RANKED PLAYERS that do not understand what it is like to play at a higher level. If the developers would listen to them then CS:GO would be dead along time ago.

I remember when I played COD back in the days before they went full retard. Almost all of my "noob" friends played hardcore mode, because it was easier for them. Crazy low ttk requires less skill to kill, simple as that. I always played with snipers and hated hardcore mode even tho the sniper was a 1 shot kill there. I played way better with a higher TTK which required a HS to kill with one bullet or 2 bullets to the chest if they had full hp.

What im trying to say is with the TTK too low, everybody can kill fast. The really skilled players get no reward for their crazy aim and reactions. And that takes out alot of fun from the game for these high skilled players. Which is also why so many "casuals" enjoy this change so much, because they feel they got better at the game. But in reality the game just got easier.

I loved it when I read that the developers came from a competitive FPS scene, because most games being made these days are made by people who are **** at their own game. Alot of things have improved since release but I dont like the way you went lately with cheaper strikes, lower ttk, annoying recoil patterns etc.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Tweak said:

A few people on a forum doesnt represent the whole community. Lets say they make a decision based on what 10-20 people say here. Then when the game gets released it hits 10k+ players every day. When those 10k people say the TTK is fine, then that is what the community wants.

People hate me when I compare CS:GO to this game but here goes. The developers of CS:GO never make any change directed to casual or new players when it comes to balance (ttk, recoil, everything like that). They always have the competitive scene in mind. Even if they make a change that the pro scene doesnt like, they revert/fix it right away. Now go check out reddit/hltv/official csgo forums, over 90% of the people posting suggestions and what not there are LOW RANKED PLAYERS that do not understand what it is like to play at a higher level. If the developers would listen to them then CS:GO would be dead along time ago.

I remember when I played COD back in the days before they went full retard. Almost all of my "noob" friends played hardcore mode, because it was easier for them. Crazy low ttk requires less skill to kill, simple as that. I always played with snipers and hated hardcore mode even tho the sniper was a 1 shot kill there. I played way better with a higher TTK which required a HS to kill with one bullet or 2 bullets to the chest if they had full hp.

What im trying to say is with the TTK too low, everybody can kill fast. The really skilled players get no reward for their crazy aim and reactions. And that takes out alot of fun from the game for these high skilled players. Which is also why so many "casuals" enjoy this change so much, because they feel they got better at the game. But in reality the game just got easier.

I loved it when I read that the developers came from a competitive FPS scene, because most games being made these days are made by people who are **** at their own game. Alot of things have improved since release but I dont like the way you went lately with cheaper strikes, lower ttk, annoying recoil patterns etc.

@TweakDude thanks we have the same thinking, the game wents now into Hardcore Mode because of this 3 bullets kill.✌

• Like 1

I think, that TTK needs to be a little, a LITTLE bit higher due to the armor. It is OK, that pistols and SMG should kill by 5-6 body shots;  AR by 3-4; DMR and MG by 2-3 and sniper by 1-2. But in game it should be to an UNARMORED body. Steel armor feels TOO heavy for its protection. You can afford to use with it only SMG or naked AR without good attachments (with the exceptions to VEPR and ALFA: you cannot carry them at all).

So I give some ideas to improve gunfight.

1) Remove hitscan mechanic at all. All weapons in all circumstances will use projectiles. That will make shotguns less OP, and CQC gunfight will be less chaotic (a very little bit)

2) Make hipfire recoil and spread even harsher (like in Counter-Strike). This will make spray-and-pray tactics be useful only in very close combat.

3) Remove AT LAST grey dot. Laser sights will be useful after that.

4) Lower damage of some weapons due to damage formula above.

5) Rebalance armor weight and make armor to defend not only chest, but either back and stomach,

1 hour ago, Tweak said:

Well there's always time for this to change down the road.
I was fine with 0.3 and averaging a pretty high K/D keeping boots on the ground (not playing in vehicles all game)
I don't think 0.4 is bad but I understand what you're getting at about having a better reaction time not being as rewarding.
I'm just not sure that its true.
My reaction time is pretty dang good and I'm still wrecking games in TDM at the top of the scoreboard. Doing even better in warzone.
This tells me that a skilled player is still rewarded for their reaction time, map awareness, and decision making. What I like now is that if I get shot - I die. I don't have time to use my reactions to whip around and gun down the player that had the jump on me and should have killed me.
Perhaps armor needs a revisit? They seem to be considering it but want to test the 0.4 a little bit more before making any decision. 
If anything, with the lowered TTK, I've been slowing down while moving around maps. I'm using the flash grenades a lot more so I don't get dropped in tight rooms/hallways. I communicate and work with my squad a lot more because I'm able to feel the benefit of it, and more importantly, I'm able to feel the drawback of trying to run and gun by myself.

0.4 gets a thumbs up from me.
I wouldn't be upset if they went back to 0.3.

but really I'm hyped for 0.5

• Like 4

I feel almost the same as Prunkgaming, but I absolutely can see where you are coming from Tweak. You have a point there, especially about how CS:GO is balanced. The same holds for R6 Siege if I am not mistaken. But can we really say that the best players in WW3 conclusively defy the new TTK? I have no idea if kind of a global stats page does exist but for me it feels like a draw right now between the (competent) players arguing in favor of the new TTK and the ones arguing against it. But that's just my impression.

2 hours ago, Scroopi said:

The devs think about it to put DMR's in, that were a separate category. But I'm not a fan of DMR's because of the DMR spam in BF4 or BF3 sometimes. I like it how the balance was in BF4 of DMR's 2 HS or 3 Hits to kill because they are no sniper rifles.

The scar has a 450RPM which calculates out to a TTK of .39 for a 3 BTK. I dont think it would need the change its BTK.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TZoningHard said:

The scar has a 450RPM which calculates out to a TTK of .39 for a 3 BTK. I dont think it would need the change its BTK.

@TZoningHard The SCAR-H has 500RPM now ;). In real and other games 620RPM.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, @PRUNKgaming said:

What I like now is that if I get shot - I die. I don't have time to use my reactions to whip around and gun down the player that had the jump on me and should have killed me.

This. I feel exactly same way. I think it's better this way, not being able to pull a 180° turn and pull off a kill. When I die by getting shot in the back or side, I get told I was an idiot for not bringing awareness into play.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Scroopi said:

@TZoningHard The SCAR-H has 500RPM now ;). In real and other games 620RPM.

That's still .36 TTK. I think the scar should be redesigned if they want BRs in game because the MCS felt more like a BR then the scar. RIP MCS

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, TCPPolak said:

This. I feel exactly same way. I think it's better this way, not being able to pull a 180° turn and pull off a kill. When I die by getting shot in the back or side, I get told I was an idiot for not bringing awareness into play.

aim better, if they were able to kill you after you had all the opportunity and advatage over them then the issue wasn't the game.

• Haha 1

You're either adding your own context or misunderstanding.

This isn't about some cqc fight. This is about being killed by someone that I cannot see, nor hear. Someone that shoots from the back or side, outside my field of view. I don't believe you should be able to counter a flank by turning and gunning someone down. I'd like to see more mechanics which reward thinking more than aiming.

2 minutes ago, TCPPolak said:

You're either adding your own context or misunderstanding.

This isn't about some cqc fight. This is about being killed by someone that I cannot see, nor hear. Someone that shoots from the back or side, outside my field of view. I don't believe you should be able to counter a flank by turning and gunning someone down. I'd like to see more mechanics which reward thinking more than aiming.

That dude didn't seem to have any issue with aiming.

There is no missed context, you want an easier game because killing people was too hard for you. Its was completely possible to kill that person with the ttk or .3

The BTK to the back of .3 is the same now. Its 3 BTK for most weapons the only big change is +.25 to the limbs.

Two limbs back then equaled the same as a torso shot now so if you shot them 2 times in the back then two times in the arm then a BTK of 4 was needed.

Now missing the torso because of bad aim will result in pity points because a player couldn't aim and did not try to get better at aiming.

landing 3-4 bullets on a target that large is very easy and a very low TTK still if a person was able to turn around after getting hit then he would probable only have .1-.2 seconds to shoot back unless the flanker was bad and missed a bunch.

The TTK was .29 still and with flinch and suppression. The person who shot the flanked had all opportunities and stacked advantages over them and still lost but its the games fault.

You had all the opportunity to kill that person, others are able too kill them and had no issues doing so.

All you do is talk in circles and ignore the plain and obvious points other make.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Dude. In the context I'm giving, I'M the person being shot, and I'm saying I full well should die in about every scenario. This isn't to do with aiming, this applies to me as much as anyone else. What I'm getting at is rewards for thinking, more than aiming. There is tonnes you blatantly ignored. All you do is sound like a broken record so quit this "You're talking in circles". You haven't acknowledged a single thing people who oppose your ideas have made, you are in no position to mention any of this. Meanwhile, I'm talking about my opinion, and you're there acting as if your life depended on somehow proving an opinion wrong. Accept the fact there will be different opinions.

• Thanks 1

Tzon. with all due respects...

Please... S.T.F.U. already , I never wanted to say this , but dude ... you are pretty  ? annoying !!

You already annoyed this community enough .

Slow down

The Devs. decide in the consensus  of the community and as @Prunk said , it will be fix down the road, there are other priorities now as well.

king regards

HALCON4 - WW3 - k4to01

LiBer PriMuS

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, HALCON4 said:

Tzon. with all due respects...

Please... S.T.F.U. already , I never wanted to say this , but dude ... you are pretty  ? annoying !!

You already annoyed this community enough .

Slow down

The Devs. decide in the consensus  of the community and as @Prunk said , it will be fix down the road, there are other priorities now as well.

king regards

HALCON4 - WW3 - k4to01

LiBer PriMuS

Can any one give a reasonable argument for the TTK besides opinons and feels.

Oneside of the community is not the entire community. Plenty of people dont like each other this shouldn't be a popularity contest it should be about what works. you can see that others agree with me and say the same things about the TTK.

So far its just a bunch of personal attacks from oneside that wont argue or cant argue there opinions.

Prunk annoyed/pissed a bunch of people as well they are not as vocal about it but Ive been contacted about his behaviors by other community members.

Im trying to stay out of the drama people keep making but they like to bring it into discussions.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

You should read my post then. There you find not only the arguments you desire but also an explanantion why indeed it is you who started the drama and personal attacks. :D

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HeiligeRobbe said:

You should read my post then. There you find not only the arguments you desire but also an explanantion why indeed it is you who started the drama and personal attacks. :D

This thread was finished a long time ago but maybe its because you guys are still angry or feel threatened but you seem to want to keep the drama still going.

• Haha 2

Didn't you just ask for arguments for a low TTK? My above post was meant as a courtesy. I am sorry if that wasn't obvious :D

• Like 2

A lot of people raised a lot of points, which you seemed to ignore. I believe the most important is that:

There is no facts. This is opinion.

Edited by TCPPolak
  • Like 1

The casual player base as toxic as ever I see. They don't know how to play the game and are bad at it but still act like good players are wrong and don't know better.

Think that every thing is a opinion and there is no factual reason to any game mechanics.

Edited by KDP

5 hours ago, KDP said:

The casual player base as toxic as ever I see. They don't know how to play the game and are bad at it but still act like good players are wrong and don't know better.

Think that every thing is a opinion and there is no factual reason to any game mechanics.

I can’t tell if your being sarcastic or not?

• Like 1

sooooooo much shit talking here........like fuck.... yall need to just chill, if ya don't like what he's saying just don't respond...

I read the whole thread, and I still don't know what I read

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1