Sign in to follow this  
Atway

weapon stats values - what are they?

Just to learn mechanics a little bit better:

Weight: overall weight is about 60-65 points. What these points are? pounds? G38 is 16.4, which is 7.5kg - sounds strange

Recoil: 0.64. Does 0.00 means no recoil at all, so what 1.00 means then? Or just abstract number. What the ethalon?

Spread: same as recoil - what the ethalon?

image.png.d476ee3b470a7da82b450fdbfc2bdff1.png

Edited by Atway
  • Like 2

You can set preferred measurements in the settings when it comes to weight and speed.

When it comes to the other numbers; I've also been wondering about this, but I assume lower means better, when it comes to spread and recoil.

Also, the compensators have a lower recoil/spread than a flash hider so this makes a point for lower=better.

I don't know what ethalon is though? Can you show it?

3 minutes ago, Smurgzol said:

I assume lower means better

it is obvious. But the question is "what the difference between lets say 0.5 recoil and 0.8". You know that in physics for example every value is bound with another and can be explained in details

For example: The ampere is that constant current which, if maintained in two straight parallel conductors of infinite length, of negligible circular cross-section, and placed one metre apart in vacuum, would produce between these conductors a force equal to 2×10^(−7) newtons per metre of length

So I want to know what 1.00 recoil and 1.00 spread mean.

On 2/8/2019 at 12:15 PM, Atway said:

Weight: overall weight is about 60-65 points. What these points are? pounds? G38 is 16.4, which is 7.5kg - sounds strange

Recoil: 0.64. Does 0.00 means no recoil at all, so what 1.00 means then? Or just abstract number. What the ethalon?

Spread: same as recoil - what the ethalon?

Weight: in this game it counts in pounds. Measurement settings doesnt work now. Why so heavy? Because it contains not only weapon itself, but also 0.4xBK (allowance of ammunition, BOYEKOMPLEKT in russian), that soldier carries on his back on the battlefield.

Spread, I think, is in-game constant, and has no real-life equivalent.

Ratio between in-life recoil and in-game recoil exists, I believe, but is known only for developers.

We specifically don't put an unit next to weight, because it's our best balancing tool and we're 'cheating' with it. Weight stat is not to be taken literally, so if you know the AK weighs 3.5KG, this doesn't mean it will weigh the same in-game if the AK is proving too OP and we can just make it weight more and everyone will jump up one level of weight.

As for other stats, we didn't do research of ALL weapons, so some of it is guess work, especially when it can change vastly even by changing what ammo you use. We're focusing on making the game fun and playable and not really trying to replicate real life weapons, because it wouldn't really work in game (you can't see shit in game compared to real life).

• Like 1