Rozmo

Feedback on Update 0.4

My thoughts after spending some hours with 0.4 patch:

- Sound is getting much better (especially explosions). The only thing I am not big fan is the sound when I shoot someone. Also footsteps sound doesn't help
  a lot to track the enemy.

- Reloading animations are getting very good also. Will there will be improvements in the animations of soldiers movement in the future?

- Server browser is a great addition. 

- I haven't been able to complete a Warzone match. I am always getting disconnect after sometime. TDM works fine and with great frames  too
 (over a 100 at almost all ultra full hd with a 1060 6GB vs Warzone mode 50-70 fps at same settings).

- Spending some time in Warzone mode with a lot people now due to server browser , everyone is using UAV and strikes and the guy just doesn't stop
 talking, UAV THERE, UAV HERE, ENEMY TOOK POINT A, WE TOOK POINT B and so on.. 

- Strikes and everything are too cheap in my opinion and in a server with a lot of people there are all over the place. If they cost a little more it would be better.

- Still RPGs are not getting registered when they hit a vehicle.

- Map rotation doesn't work.

- Regarding TTK.I like it the way it is now. You must plan your movement better since if you go in the open is much more punishing now. if it was 1 more bullet (i.e. with SCAR-H)
  it would still be good.

I will continue playing when I have time and try to report other problems.

PS: When voice chat will be available in a squad?

• Like 1

The last time I played this game is last year. Today I try to play this game again after updating to 0.4

- Server browser, very great addition to the game. Last year I stop playing this game because I can't find match with proper player number.

- I feel the game run smoother than the last time I played this game.

- Special scopes sometimes doesn't work. I use the night vision scope with medium magnification (forgot the name) sometimes enemy player doesn't appear in my scope, I can see the flash from their weapon barrel but can't see their player model.

- Still have high ping problem when choosing Asia Server (didn't happen in my other game).

- The awkward animation still in the game (when you crouch and then try to sprint, your character model will stuck in the crouch stance so you can't sprint with full speed).

I personnaly find that this update is great.

My only concern before was the TTK that I found a bit too long with the G36. In TDM I sometimes had to insist on an enemy to take him down but now it's just fast & precise. Love that ! I'm like other players here, and I prefer the short TTK with a complex gunplay instead of an easy aim and very very very long TTK (like Quake Champions, Doom or Apex Legends for example). Short TTKs are best for games with a realistic feel like WW3, cause it feels more real and no players will spend their time rushing around not playing the objective at all cause that sould make them easy targets.

The more it goes, the more WW3 feels like a perfect mix between Battlefield and Insurgency Sandstorm. We'll see what will happend with the Recon Mode added. Hope the TTK will remain the same, and the map will be cool...

On 2/10/2019 at 6:11 PM, Miki_Eno said:

- The awkward animation still in the game (when you crouch and then try to sprint, your character model will stuck in the crouch stance so you can't sprint with full speed).

That's not a bug but it's very useful. You can do the same in Ring of Elysium, BFV. In fact you can sprint when you crouch so you can move faster while staying covered, it's not an awkward animation. If you want to go from crouch to full speed sprint you'll have to manually stand up and, only then, sprint. Just think of the sprint key as a speed modifier that you can activate when you stand or when you crouch walking forward.

• Like 2

On 2/8/2019 at 4:52 PM, Tweak said:

Recoil @ Full auto, needs work. There is no way in **** anyone can learn those patterns. I understand you wanted to encourage people to not play full auto all day and spray everywhere but the hard horizontal kicks are just bs imo. Feels so random that theres no way to counter them.

Pretty much this!

• Thanks 1

Just quote myself:

from the first sight, hitmarker (or what is it - idk. Sounds like a loud click) sound is TERRIBLE - why is it even exists? 

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Ptm1uzVd4eZbaVN6PP5BJJxetd1_HsAg

"we are winning"/"we are losing" sounds annoys so hard, especially when they comes one by one several times:

match starts, 1st kill: BOOOOM WE ARE LOSING, we got 2 kills: BOOOOOM WE ARE WINNING, enemy got 2 kills: BOOOOM WE ARE LOSING and so on... 

https://drive.google.com/open?id=12NIf4HnRVusrU2OQiuKmoCbW49L-vo0t

same for exhale sounds: hhheeee, hhhhuuuu, hooooo, hhhhoooof. Sound like he is pooping :)

hit detection is broken again  (sometimes ~15 hits with no dmg)

claymore are useless - 1 sec to detonate, low blast radius, too noticable. Kill doesnt count

new smg is good

as for "we are losing"/"wea re winning", i`d rather make this less spamming. For example, it should appear only when any team reaches 10th,20th,30th and 40th kill. When the winning team reaches this point, announcement for another team for this point will be skipped once the losing team reaches it too:

Team A gets 10th kill: Team A gets "we are winning" message, Team B gets "we are losing".

Team B finally gets 10th kill too: nothing happens, because team A got it first

Team B takes the lead and gets 20th kill: Team A gets "we are losing", Team B gets "we are winning".

And so on. In this case the sound will not be so annoying as it is right now

@Rozmo @weedtime can you please forward this as suggestion?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

After playing a bit I think it is fair to say this is the most fun I've ever had with the game.

I love the gameplay changes you've made, and I just want to say that the changes to artillery now made it very useful and I constantly use it now when given the chance, I've had more kills with it this update alone than ever I'm fairly sure.

I like the TTK changes, makes the game a lot more hardcore and in my opinion, better. 

The server browser is needless to say, an amazing addition.

So far crashing has been reduced to a fraction of what it used to be. I got 2 crashes since 0.4 launched, that's it. One of them was before 0.4.1, and the other was today. For another two hours after the crash, I had no more crashes.

Sounds are amazing.

Animations feel more fluid, but I never had any issue with those anyway.

BP costs are good, but I think that the missile strikes are still a bit too high to make them viable.

Over all, the update is fantastic and I hope to see more of this quality coming from you guys :D

• Like 1

The game has continually gotten easier each patch from the launch.

Last patch TTK change killed game for me and friends. The game now requires no skill, thinking, tactics, teamwork, or effort. The game is now boring, I kill 10 people in a row while playing brain dead. I don't need to have positioning because I spray down players.

My KD increased from 3 to 4 and only because there are not enough people to kill to increase it. I die now only to drone or when a person shoots me as they run around a corner to abuse lag. The changes that made game easy reduced our want to keep playing long hours.

People who say this is hardcore play at casual length of time and effort. I see people who not play more then a few hour at week at most while good players are quit playing because the game is uninteresting. the game has gotten more frustrating when you deal with people rushing around corner which is unstoppable unless you pre-shoot before so they run into bullets because you can not see them until after they shoot from lag.

Game at launch was great and interesting, people  stay engaged to game and play long hours. It was hardcore game but easy enough for people who only play a little bit each week to get into and play.

WW3 dev try to much to make simulator while making the game too easy. Other game have shown to make TTK low like this work you need to have shooting like squad or insurgancy. This shooting style makes game less skill based and very narrow in what skill is used to win. Skill should be well rounded not only about positioning which tbh is done with out thinking and is very low effort and boring for high skill player.

Please get game back to launch type game style with skill shooting, along with tactics, teamwork, positioning, and rewards for doing so.

Me and friends stopped playing after playing since launch for at least 20 hours week, and have over 400 hours each. We loved game so much even after it got less fun each patch that made game easy. Shooting was last really fun thing in game and now it gone we have no dun and quit. We will wait for next patch to see if game go in opposite direction because changing to old patch is not enough for us to want to play any more since game has gone so far down.

I do not like post on forums or deal with community but do so this time because this is important for us to have good game. Games now catering to one type of player who does not know how to play games good or dedicated to gaming. This last part might have been mean but it is true.

Good day.

• Thanks 1

Not only did they lower TTK, but also armor strength, this means that TTK is drastically faster than before. I think it was ALREADY fast before, there was no need to lower it. And yeah I agree that its turned into a COD-like game now. F51, please bring back the other TTK, and make the recoil system more similar to BF3, where guns need to me mastered to accurate, rather than weird recoil patterns that force you to burst fire past 30 feet. 

• Like 3

Like most of you guys already pointed out, TTK is indeed drastically faster than previous versions. I'm kinda having mixed feelings about that since on one hand I can see that F51 is trying implement a more tactical mil-sim approach on an arcade-ish gunplay mechanic (recoil pattern sits in between COD and BF from how I feel), but on the other hand it's really hard to get a comeback in a 1v1 situation especially if your enemy reacts much faster than you.

It basically feels like the guy who manages to shoot 1st always win the gunfight most of the time since you can get killed in like 3 shots on un-armoured areas of the body (which might be frustrating for most players), but it also teaches players to be always vigilant and stay as a group instead of going solo. Heck, a decent solo player can take on groups of 3-5 enemies with the current TTK from what I can see.

Also, does the crashes that happen previously might be because of a high amount of players in a server during a match? 'Cause that's how it felt like most of the time when my game crashed (only crashed once so far after 0.4 but my performance drops badly once player count reaches max capacity).

Edited by ranmoru456

Hitreg for RPG-7 against vehicles sometimes fail. Explosion seen and heard but no damage

Occasionally I get an audio bug at the start of the round which makes everything sound "muffled" and distant, no idea how to reproduce this bug.

25mm cannon RCWS cannot reload

Anti-tank missile RCWS does zero damage ( tandem and thermobaric ), tested on willing teammates

Thermal scopes, when aimed down scope, shows spotted enemy icon through walls

claymores do not credit player for the kill

*btw does anyone feel that the DMG 9 milli is overpowered? I know machine pistols supposed to be strong at CQC but I am having the impression that this machine pistol does better than assault rifles at medium ranges*

Edited by ethynylradical
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ethynylradical said:

Occasionally I get an audio bug at the start of the round which makes everything sound "muffled" and distant, no idea how to reproduce this bug.

I double this! I thought something is wrong with my earphones...

The pros:

Server browser is here and was well overdue, great addition.

TTK is somehow ok, between CoD and Battlefield, I would love a more BF TTK but so far its fine

New TDM map is fine and adds more variety

Game is a lot more stable, we crashed a lot less now, lets say 1 every 10 games as it was 

New explosions sounds are amazing

The cons:

Server crashes now, disconnecting people time to time

No map rotation, its always the same map, we have to go populate a new server to play a new map

The Hit the head sound is annoying and destroy the experience in my opinion, I have red hit markers to tell me I did hit the head, I dont need a Mario Bros style sound to tell me, seriously it removes the immersion to me, and Im sure Im not the only one

The new vehicule is... useless, if only it had a MG on the rear seat or something but for now it's just a 3 places quad.

Armor arent working I mean if I wear heavy I just run slower doesnt provide more protection at the moment so better stay in Light armor for mobility

Their is still some bugs but at least you are heading the good way, you should focus on texturing Smolesky, you provide Moscow TDM in 2 months and its a redesign level with texture give some love to Smolesky so we can have all maps ready and beautiful to show poeple over twitch to help you get more players.

In server brouser i see ping 80 on server, when i came on server ping 150. And i saw that when on server coming more players ping growing too. So pls tell me why?

46 minutes ago, Duitt said:

In server brouser i see ping 80 on server, when i came on server ping 150. And i saw that when on server coming more players ping growing too. So pls tell me why?

same here =\ This wekeend my ping in warzone is jumping from 60 up to 350

Since patch now server browser brings you into map where you endlessly wait to get into game, at least before patch it let you into map and you could try things out now its just wait until you get so disgusted that you go play another game.

It seems that the developers fix something, introduce something new. But because of some bugs, the game still remains unplayable. Of course, you can close your eyes to all these bugs for a few matches, but no more. For me, now the critical bug is that, throwing me out in the menu if I get punished at least once. I play a lot on the tank, I manage to kill quite a few enemies on the tank, but sometimes I can accidentally shoot a teammate. If he clicks "punish" - the game immediately throws me into the menu.
  It is also a very unpleasant bug for me that I cannot reload a machine gun on a tank.
 I am waiting for a stable patch. I have already reported all the bugs in the appropriate section of the forum.

Edited by TENb