Feedback on Update 0.4

Welcome Soldiers !

Please feel free to leave your feedback here regarding patch 0.4,

Patch notes can be found in 

Best wishes,

World War 3 team

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think cost of strikes should be a bit higher. Not as they were on 0.3 but a bit higher, because now, the artillery strikes are almost non stop :)

I am for such a craziness on a battlefield but I think it went a bit too far :) 

Keep up the good job :)

• Like 1

Its common game design knowledge that this low of a TTK does not work well.

At least reverse it. The game turned into CoD but worse, you prefire and spay as you turn corners and generally require no need to even aim just spray the enemies down.

The game isnt worth playing with this ttk I have to force myself to play so I can give feedback.

My KD has gone up a lot and I get longer streaks so its not that I suck at the new TTK its that its absolute trash and ruins any fun people who like to have skill based game play that requires effort.

I dont see my self being able to put up with patch .4 the TTK is so horridly bad. Hopefully .5 comes sooner and this direction is reversed.

Game is getting more and more casual and this TTK is another step. What happened to a hardcore game all the interviews were talking about, So far I see back peddling and catering to be accessible to as many possible which is a repeat of every game out there that puts the enthusiast out in the cold.

I was hoping this game would be different and would take a stand that goes after making a good game instead of seeking to please the large crowd of casuals and hobbyist that dont generally care or play much.

Edited by TZoningHard
  • Like 6
  • Confused 1

TTK feels great right now. We had a lot of people together last night and that seemed to be the general consensus. A few people pointed out that it felt a step closer to COD - I personally agree but also don't mind.

I'm glad a lot of bugs were fixed, especially the z-bug. I haven't tried all of the spots yet but the ones I have tried, I can't access anymore. Crashing is still occurring but it's getting a whole lot better. I mainly heard people complaining about the rubber banding issues from servers - But I believe y'all are aware of that.
I don't mind that the game is getting more "casual" but I enjoy playing with groups of people that want to have fun and know how to get serious when it's clutch time.
Dedicated "Alpha Bravo, flank from the west - flush em out with flash bangs" type of players I don't understand and can't have fun with. It's just personal preference though. I've enjoyed every step this game has taken and y'all only seem to be moving forward besides the obvious stumbles. 

The new sounds are really nice but I do wish there was a slightly higher cost on artillery. I love the way it functions now but at some points in the game - it's just non-stop.
2-3 minutes straight.
Maybe that's okay if its how people choose to spend their points...Perhaps something to look a little closer at though?
The Buggy is freaking awesome! We did notice that if you try to shoot out of the passenger seat, you sometimes hit the car and blow it up instead? That's rough and hope it gets fixed.
I'd also like the option to access the i-pad and call in strikes or UAV while riding in the passenger seat of the buggy.
I'm glad the flying vehicles got fixed but I'm also going to miss it a lot. So many funny moments! 
Footsteps still seem to be a little off. If someone is a floor below you it sounds like they're next to you.
We noticed yesterday that quads don't seem to insta-kill your team if you bump into them, which is great, but we also noticed that if you hit your team with a quad it doesn't show that you did any damage to them. It would be nice if it did.

Overall I'm very happy with 0.4 - the game feels and plays better than it's ever before.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just my opinions and thoughts on some features/changes/bugs..

Recoil @ Full auto, needs work. There is no way in **** anyone can learn those patterns. I understand you wanted to encourage people to not play full auto all day and spray everywhere but the hard horizontal kicks are just bs imo. Feels so random that theres no way to counter them.

Server browser/Quick Join - Its really bugged, keeps spamming me with errors called "Other reason" etc. If you try to join a full game in the browser, you get stuck loading forever after the error message. Quick Join is also buggy as it keeps trying to put me in full servers alot, which never happened before, and keeps spamming me with errors.

Server stability - So many server sided crashes where the whole server just gets empty, from what I heard its only in WZ.

Camos/Colors etc - Some colors/camos save, some dont. Suddenly parts of your camo gets reset to default and what not.

Map Rotation - Doesnt work.

Team Balancing - Doesnt work as intented, needs work. 

TTK - People say its lowered, and it feels lowered. I didnt pay attention to all the patch notes lately. Fix the hitreg issues instead and you will get the same feel but more skill will be involved.

Strikes - Its out of control in WZ now, too much stuff going on. 

• Like 4

I might be in the minority with this one, but I generally like update .4. To me it provides more of a tactical gameplay experience if you do it right. Obviously if TTK is higher then running out in the open and getting cuck'd on is more of a you issue if you're more of a run and gun player. However, I'm more of a vehicle player rather than capture the objective player, so I can't really go in-depth with my opinion, but TDM does feel good to me. Overall hit reg IMO needs improvement if you're going to have a high TTK.

Having a high TTK doesn't bother me because I've came from games like Arma3 and DayZ where you can literally be walking down a street and next thing you know you're screen says dead or re-spawn.

I do agree with Roderick with strikes (at least vehicle strikes) needing more BP. Once I get my Leo it's so easy to dominate the rest of the match, even if we lose. Killing infantry is as easy as shooting squirrels with pellet guns.

I'm also more excited than ever to jump into matches and play. Update .4 is way more fun than .3 and everything feels a bit smoother. 

Performance wise on the other hand, something must have happened. I was averaging 90-130 on Moscow and Berlin on Ultra settings, but now I have to lower everything to get a stable 60-80 FPS and it sometimes even dips down to 30-40 FPS which does suck because when the game runs smooth it really is a blast to play.

My overall opinion with Update .4 is Vehicle BP needs to be a bit more. TTK could be an extra bullet or 2 to kill another player. Performance needs to be improved. Spawns needs to be better on both Warzone and TDM. Server browser needs some work still. Other than that, I think .4 was great♥️ 

Edited by Astroahh
Grammar
  • Like 3

Definetely have to agree with @Tweak and @TZoningHard, if the old TTK were to be combined with a hit register that would actually count every bullet you would get a middle ground between the old and the new TTK.That being said, the new TTK does embrace a new gameplay style which I personally do not mind but I do prefer the old one where it took more skill/faster reaction times as this feels rewarding for a much slower gameplay and people just holding corners on chokepoints.

Armour - With the new TTK added, a lot of people have stated how the armour doesn't feel correct.I personally agree with this as level IV steel armour barely stops anything in 95 % of the time, so my proposition if we are keeping the new TTK would be to buff the armour to double of what it is now, headshots will be crucial and chest shots will have a 2-3 bullet kill time ( at least on IV steel now it feels 1-2 bullets and you are down on the ground ).

On the new map in TDM, Moscow, it feels okay, but also gets kind of spoiled with the new TTK as holding corridors is the way to play it, no advancement in hallways that are held by people who will kill you if they get the first shot/can't be outreacted.

The new gun feels and looks amazing but my question is why the SIG hasn't gotten the 50/60 rounders yet ? Both of the guns feel very similar to each other with the SIG getting a bit more accuracy and the MILI getting a higher RoF.

Map rotation does not seem to work as it either puts you back in the main menu or continues with the same map.

Recoil - Personally I am okay with it, as it does take more control, but definetely not the way to go with the recoil being the balancing factor for the new TTK.

Claymores - Quite a fun and interesting addition, they do their own part.

The new sound - The new sound and voiceovers do sound great, explosions sound amazing, also the guns sound quite good.

Also marks the first time I fell through the map.

Overall, a great patch with a lot of good content, fixes, etc, my only issue would be that the new TTK was implemented as opposed to fixing the hit register on the old one, but that is a personal preference.

The game is moving in a great direction and I am happy to see what comes next.

• Like 5

I have many of the same opinions as I do from the PTE release of 0.4 onwards (especially regarding guns and TTK). To summarize, I dislike the nerfing of the SMGs (the SIG's increased reload time, and the considerably intense recoil and/or spread of the Glauberyt and the DMG in full auto), but I welcome the decreased TTK. I also welcome a few of the strikes being cheaper as well.

I would like to highlight that, because of an increased number of players from the release of this patch, server performance issues have resulted for many users regardless of their system specifications. This has been an issue on maps such as Moscow Warzone and TDM, where forty players on the former can and has caused considerable performance issues, even leaving players' games frozen (in the case of one user whose system includes an NVIDIA GTX 960M as their dedicated graphics solution).

Moscow TDM has been annoying for me with high player counts and/or high player density (i.e. at least three or four players close together in a small amount of space), as I would see my frame times reach at least 40 ms - this was while I was playing on EU servers and admittedly had a few other tasks in the background). I resolved this by turning down anti-aliasing settings from high to medium (which reduced frame times to a level that is closer to typical performance for me on a Ryzen 5 2600, 16 GB system RAM and an RX 570 8GB graphics card), but I did not like how the game looked with such a setting.

• Like 1

Id love to see a different TTK modes such as Hardcore or F**K Me Im Dead Already!? Mode. To me it seems a bit quick on TTKs. Overall feel of the game is nice but feels one-sided for some reason. Id like Claymores to have more range of detection and detonation being that one of those IRL could take out half the building. I think strikes are where they need to be with so many going off on a full server but they could have a price range depending on how many people are on to liven things up.  

• Like 2

Agree with most people here the TTK is way to fast, honestly where it was before imo was perfect except .3 with the hitreg.

Armour is now completely useless and with gunfights I almost feel like I die to whoever has the higher rate of firing gun, MG5 now rules

Overall the stability, optimisation is so much better, I can easily play warzone now with a good FPS and no issues at all, also had no crashes this patch. Sounds are awesome, claymores are awesome, community is awesome

Although the time it takes to preallocate and install a patch drives me insane

Edited by raptv
  • Like 5

Also the lighting during day time on TDM has been changed on all maps as it follows you through the buildings now as if there were no buildings there, might have something to do with different performance for people.

Server browser

- Love it, happy to have it in the main game even though it has it's issues. Though one issue I have with it is this strange bug where the game constantly spams me with "this lobby is full for X reasoning" no matter how many times I hit the acknowledge button. I'm going to assume this wasn't picked up on because of the low player count on the PTE, thus finding a full game lobby wasn't a problem, and so running across this issue just wasn't happening. But, issues aside, I'm happy it's in. ?

New TDM map: Moscow Senate

- Like the map, just not a fan of the game mode. I really only play TDM when Warzone isn't played. But, of all the TDM maps, I like this one the best because it rewards a more methodical mindset. Though one issue I will say is that there isn't a lot of action that takes place in the center of the map where the large yellow crane has crashed against the Senate, but I'm going to chalk this up to simply; why go outside when there is more cover on the inside? In the end though I love the map, but hate the game mode. ?

New weapon: DMG Nine-Milli

- I wish it's ROF was a little bit faster and recoil a little higher to really emphasize on the fact that it's suppose to be a Close - Very Close Range gun. But, I overall dig the gun and consider it a welcome addition to the game. It's adorable as all get out as well which is just a pure bonus. ?

New vehicle: Buggy 

- I'm going to assume this is purely in a first pass phase and will be updated later to feature some modifications like adding a open air mounted GPMG, HMG, and etc to make the Vehicle really stand apart from the Quad Bike. If this is generally the final pass, it's very meh as it feels like a slightly more expensive, extra seating, faster Quad bike. In short - A slightly more expensive Vehicle that gets dumped on the side of the road.

New outfit: Resistance Fighter

- Can't go wrong with new outfits unless we start seeing Disco suits, Afros, and enough godawful nonsense that would make a CoD kid smile. Wish I could actually buy it though, but overall it looks cool. ?

TTK Changes

- I personally really like the faster TTK. But, I also come from a FPS background where I played games like Battlefield, ArmA, Rising Storm, and etc.  So I'm use to fast TTK FPS games and this is just basically putting me back in the environment I know. So, no complaints on my end beyond maybe the Hit Registry needing a little more tweaking. Overall though good work. ?

Still more to test to gauge how I'm generally feeling about the patch so far. But, I'm definitely enjoying 0.4 more than 0.3 by a long shot, so in my opinion this is a step in the right direction so far.

Edited by Dunabar
  • Like 3

@Dunabar
prettymuch every one here is a FPS player.

RS and ARMA are not comptive fps games the put simulation over gunplay. The are completly diffrent games then WW3.

BF has usually had longer TTKs then this more similar to .3 with 4 hit kills at the most in bf4 but with more spread less recoil so you will miss a shot bringing the bullet to kill up to about 5 up close. Hardline was a low ttk bf and was very hated.

BFV has around a 5 hit kill right now and is said to be one of the faster ttk BFs.

Games that have low ttk like this while being arcade is CoD. CoD has ttk is pretty much .4.

I see everyone playing this game like cod now. The meta is now spray and pre fire as you run around like a headless chicken. Its way less tactical then .3 because you can spray dowm a room of players with out effort meaning the best way to play is run into a room spraying and kill someone before you show up on their screen or before they can react.

So far the people that are for it have opinons. feels like or I like are opinons and are not fact be definition.

Fact is that the math comes out to low has huge issues and its common idustry knowledge about the technical and gameplay issues. The designers should have known better being that they are professionals.

As a enthusist even if I spend most of my free time playing, learning, reserching, and putting effort to understand these things they should know more and better then me.

.3 hitreg was such a mess that there should of been no big balancing changes because you have no base line to adjust off of. That is common sense for experimentations.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

For the people complaining about artillery spam, start using jammers to stop them, only costs 500 points. Simple 

Edited by Salt Lord

4 hours ago, TZoningHard said:

prettymuch every one here is a FPS player. 

Did I say I was the only FPS player around here? No. I said what my personal brief background was as a FPS Player.

RS and ARMA are not comptive fps games the put simulation over gunplay. The are completly diffrent games then WW3.

Depends on one's definition of competitive. To me competing against another team of Human Players is enough to label a game with the title of competitive. If it's E-Sports level competitive like a COD, CS:GO, R6S, and etc is an entirely different argument. But, personally I would consider WW3 somewhere between a Battlefield and Homefront over say COD or Black Ops.

BF has usually had longer TTKs then this more similar to .3 with 4 hit kills at the most in bf4 but with more spread less recoil so you will miss a shot bringing the bullet to kill up to about 5 up close. Hardline was a low ttk bf and was very hated.

BFV has around a 5 hit kill right now and is said to be one of the faster ttk BFs.

Games that have low ttk like this while being arcade is CoD. CoD has ttk is pretty much .4.

Battlefield games also had Hardcore modes where the TTK was even faster and as I said before I consider WW3 to be somewhere between Battlefield and Homefront.

I see everyone playing this game like cod now. The meta is now spray and pre fire as you run around like a headless chicken. Its way less tactical then .3 because you can spray dowm a room of players with out effort meaning the best way to play is run into a room spraying and kill someone before you show up on their screen or before they can react.

I'm going to consider this more hyperbolic than serious. But, in certain situations be it in .3 or .4 Hip fire was/has been more effective than ADS. At some point you have to lay the blame at the feet of the players, not the Developers.

So far the people that are for it have opinons. feels like or I like are opinons and are not fact be definition. 

We were asked to give feedback, not feedback in a certain structure and with certain stipulations to be met. If this is such a problem for you, maybe make a suggestion post for the Developers to create new Rules & Stipulations for all future Feedback posts involving all things WW3. I'm sure (sarcastically speaking mind you) that Players won't mind having their free general feedback being dictated by the Developers.

Personally, I will reserve "proper" feedback for my own dedicated post over Patch 0.4 (if I choose to make one), rather than just dropping all the effort into a reply post.

Edited by Dunabar
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Dunabar said:

TTK Changes

- I personally really like the faster TTK. But, I also come from a FPS background where I played games like Battlefield, ArmA, Rising Storm, and etc.  So I'm use to fast TTK FPS games and this is just basically putting me back in the environment I know. So, no complaints on my end beyond maybe the Hit Registry needing a little more tweaking. Overall though good work. ?

That was the intention - Previously high TTK made the game feel a little bit too arcade.  We do realize low TTK works in milsims differently than in more arcade games so we're eager for more feedback.

Overall I feel that a 3 BTK is a good middle-ground between one-shot-kills games like ArmA, Insurgency and Rising Storm and more arcade titles like Battlefield and I think it fits WW3's in-between nature best. However there is no point in forcing it if you guys aren't enjoying it but so far the reception feels divisive as some people heavily criticize it while others love it. So we'll need more feedback on the issue and we'll adjust accordingly.

There were 3 main points when designing the new damage model:

1) Consistency of TTK (previously was all over the place with some players tanking damage while others died very quickly)

2) Role of armors in the game and bullet versus armor interaction (was very muddled previously) with a window for possible implementation of additional armor types in the future

3) Better balance of weapons (SMGs and pistols were severely underpowered while ARs dominated 80% of encounters with little room for heavier weaponry)

So far we feel points 1 and 3 were pretty much achieved. 2 is still in need to analysing and tweaking as a lot of you find armors underpowered - I still want to be sure that really is the case and not just everyone wishing they worked like they did before. The damage model unified the BTK for most weapons and the role of armor is to *buy* you one (or more depending on bullet/armor used) BTK more for the weapons the armor is effective against - Thus light armors don't defend against most bullets at all. So I feel a lot of the "armors are useless" comments can come from players who equip HDPEs and wonder why did they get killed easily with ARs and the like (against which that armor offers no protection at all).

Of course I may be wrong here so I want to be sure this is not the case. Once that is done I think there is a number of possible solutions:

1) Lower the weight of armors by 1 level down, making HDPE effectively "weightless" as the default armor already counted into your soldier's base protection. Thus the selection would become more noticable and more players would equipt heaviest armors (which are a rarity now due to how limiting their weight is).

2) Increase effectiveness of all armors by 1 level up, making HDPE able to stop AR rounds (just 1 hit but still something) and so forth. I'm not sure how this would affect the role of heaviest armours yet but we'd figure something out.

3) Increase the weight limit.

4) Take a closer look at the gutshot situation.

If the consensus will be that the TTK is too short after all of those options are exhaused then we'll consider rising it by 1 bullet. I'd prefer to test the other options first because armors are designed to be a major part of the game's balance and we'd rather have a lower TTK heavily affected by the armors rather than a higher one. A 4 bullet BTK would mean armors would have to raise it by 1 at default (for them to make any gameplay sense) and with 5+ (possibly 7-8) we're getting into very tanky (and arcade) territory.

Edited by Borreh
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Borreh said:

That was the intention - Previously high TTK made the game feel a little bit too arcade.  We do realize low TTK works in milsims differently than in more arcade games so we're eager for more feedback.

Overall I feel that a 3 BTK is a good middle-ground between one-shot-kills games like ArmA, Insurgency and Rising Storm and more arcade titles like Battlefield and I think it fits WW3's in-between nature best. However there is no point in forcing it if you guys aren't enjoying it but so far the reception feels divisive as some people heavily criticize it while others love it. So we'll need more feedback on the issue and we'll adjust accordingly.

There were 3 main points when designing the new damage model:

1) Consistency of TTK (previously was all over the place with some players tanking damage while others died very quickly)

2) Role of armors in the game and bullet versus armor interaction (was very muddled previously) with a window for possible implementation of additional armor types in the future

3) Better balance of weapons (SMGs and pistols were severely underpowered while ARs dominated 80% of encounters with little room for heavier weaponry)

So far we feel points 1 and 3 were pretty much achieved. 2 is still in need to analysing and tweaking as a lot of you find armors underpowered - I still want to be sure that really is the case and not just everyone wishing they worked like they did before. The damage model unified the BTK for most weapons and the role of armor is to *buy* you one (or more depending on bullet/armor used) BTK more for the weapons the armor is effective against - Thus light armors don't defend against most bullets at all. So I feel a lot of the "armors are useless" comments can come from players who equip HDPEs and wonder why did they get killed easily with ARs and the like (against which that armor offers no protection at all).

Of course I may be wrong here so I want to be sure this is not the case. Once that is done I think there is a number of possible solutions:

1) Lower the weight of armors by 1 level down, making HDPE effectively "weightless" as the default armor already counted into your soldier's base protection. Thus the selection would become more noticable and more players would equipt heaviest armors (which are a rarity now due to how limiting their weight is).

2) Increase effectiveness of all armors by 1 level up, making HDPE able to stop AR rounds (just 1 hit but still something) and so forth. I'm not sure how this would affect the role of heaviest armours yet but we'd figure something out.

3) Increase the weight limit.

4) Take a closer look at the gutshot situation.

If the consensus will be that the TTK is too short after all of those options are exhaused then we'll consider rising it by 1 bullet. I'd prefer to test the other options first because armors are designed to be a major part of the game's balance and we'd rather have a lower TTK heavily affected by the armors rather than a higher one. A 4 bullet BTK would mean armors would have to raise it by 1 at default (for them to make any gameplay sense) and with 5+ we're getting into very tanky (and arcade) territory.

3 BTK is under .29 for most guns some guns are much lower to where its .25 TTK. Most people cant react visually faster then .3 then you have to take into account lag reducing that reaction time.

The problem with consistency was that you could die in 3 bullets to the gut. The gut shot was the issue. There was also the awe-full hitreg and that new players are not used to the game and miss a lot. We did not even get a baseline because of hit reg was so messed up so any data is skewed from .3.

Damage shouldn't be consistent it should reward better aim but now the limbs do .75 which is a 4 shot kill from most weapons.

The tochnost does 93 damage if you shoot some one in the limb.

Why would armor matter if you can kill a person in 4 shots

The is little reason to aim when the TTK is so minimal between head shots and limbs. If you hit a person twice in the chest and once in the limb they are dead.

Ive tested both HDPE, Ceramic, and Steel a lot. Using no armor is much better then in .3 now. Most of the time we are spraying at each other hitting a lot of the body out side of that armor. It is much better to be harder to hit then ever. The key to living is seeing the other person first and landing hits before they can react. When you are high ping like in America where we can get to .100 or even .150 some times that .29 becomes .14-.19 which makes it seem like you immediately get hit by people running through doors at you.

Pistols have been bugged for the past month so they will under preform. The SMGs were doing OK and were pretty balanced, People like using ARs its not that people weren't using SMGs. You could of tweaked them with out make a drastic change. Also SMGs/PWD are closer to side arms then main weapons in the first place yet they are too heavy to be used as such.

Weight is only a small issue here, the real issue is movement speed is better then +1 BTK because of how fast you die. A difference of  less then .1 is not worth it when people still do so much damage else were and with very little effort. Weight is a issue more for having less freedom in customization.

5 shot kills is what works for most games because you can reward head shots and dodge most of the issues related to low TTK.

The new armor system could of worked ok on .3 patch TTK if gut shots were fixed. increasing the BTK by one or two at most making head shots more rewarding as you would have a reason to aim. I dont even ADS anymore. I rarely ADS just to make the view clearer at range for target acquisition. There is just no need to aim any more. No need to ADS most of the time also keeps the TTK low which ADS would add a small amount of time

WW3 was never said to be a milsim game, playable realism is what WW3 was going to be about. There are so many issues when you go this low and when you make the damage multipliers so easy to obtain.

Whats wrong with arcade, its done for a reason and its done well. RS and Arma are milsims they are meant for the experience not skilled or competitive gameplay. Insurgency a good game but has unrealistic gunplay to make the TTK work in that game and its still has the issues from Low TTK. Even in insurgency competitive armor is not used among the high tier players.

Arcade games are in a certain range of TTK for a reason and the lowest arcade game is CoD which is dead on PC for a reason. WW3 is a arcade game because its going for playbility nor full on immersion.

There not much difference between 5 bullets and 6 because the latency/reaction time issue is mitigated and the RoF is high in this game.

With 4 BTK its still close to the .3 TTK with gets lowered to .25 TTD or less on NA servers. Especially with how high damage is across the body.

If 3-4 was the center of the chest and grazing shots where 5 or more then I think that would be fine because you would then have to slow down to get a higher TTK and then armor could add protection to that and increase it by .1 or .2 on steel.

The biggest issue is that the 3 BTK is the entire body almost with 4BTK for the rest of the body.

That was the issue with patch .3 that the gut shot made the TTK to low for minimal effort. low TTK should be a reward not a given other wise you have no reason to preform better and get boarded.

Consistency might have been solved, if that was even a issue and not from people not understanding what was going on but you removed the reward for precision aim, made latency more of a issue, lessen the possibility of counter play/outplayability, made the game more about reaction time or who see who first, guns feel worse and it's better for mediocre aim.

I had no issues with consistency and saw very little complaints in game when it came to TTK only seeing a few people here and on steam complain but how experienced where they with this game. If people are dying in 3-5 shots the the head which .29-.

The game became less methodical and more aggressive like CoD with this TTK. You have what seems like unlimited Ammo to spray with out worry or to be carefull with your ammo.

I like the devs a lot but this was a bad idea, please just make a BF3 but better. The Old TTK was fine even with hitreg issues but we never really even gotten to test it. .1 was very good outside of a very few number of balance issues like vepr, and RPG.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Copied from my Netcode/Hitreg, TTD issues topic:

After playing 5h on the new 0.4 update it get worse than before. Now it's totally Hardcore Mode that you die from 1-3 bullets and can't react, makes more easy for camper. Instead of that the devs improved the netcode/hitreg, TTD and armor system, no they increased the damage of the weapons. Also the MG5 is broken - feels most time dying from one shots. With the inconsistent ping of the servers (Joined on 24-32ms Servers, but we can't see still the ping of the players) and the delay between players makes gameplay bad, it feels every match different, 1 match runs great the other match complete unplayable.

Set for all automatic weapons the bullets-to-kill on close range to 4-5 (based on weapon, e.g. SCAR-H 4 bullets), 3 is too low. On longer distance 6-8 (based on weapon, armor and which body hit like head, legs etc.

Ask players why most of them don't play hardcore mode on other shooter (Arcade Shooter) because of the delay, who shoot first or spray and pray wins.

Edit: Here is an example 21-3 in the first round

Edited by Scroopi
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, TZoningHard said:

The biggest issue is that the 3 BTK is the entire body almost with 4BTK for the rest of the body.

I've read this and finally I understand what was scraping me. Checked the 0.4 Patchnotes:

• Increased the damage dealt by leg/arm shots to 75% (was 50%) and hand/foot shots to 25% (was 20%) - This was done in order to make the TTK more reliable/predictable based on weapon shot and the armor used by the enemy. Those values are still WIP,

I finally realised.  This is where things went wrong! When 4 hits to the limbs are enough to kill a player - it doesn't matter what armor u're currently wearing. It's too rewarding for "mindless spray"(c)TZoningHard. It's just doesn't matter where to aim, if 4 hits are enough to kill. Me, personally, going for at least torsohits didn't mind, because it wasn't really big change for me it terms of TTK an enemy. But then, I've played some CQC in TDM and have found that though TTK is pretty much the same for me, TTD siginificantly reduced, even though I'm "heavyarmor man" and try to run with as thick armor plate as it can be. Now I understand. Look at the pic.

Spoiler

20190209164954_1.thumb.jpg.5d215f3657616cb02ad52a7c7d3a4352.jpg

It's not best screenshot but it clearly shows, that when soldier holds weapon, almost half of his armor plate is behind his arms. Again, they have 0.75 damage multipier. It's the same, as half of my steelarmor plate was made of polyethylene. So, I think, this is the reason, why ppl and me among them are saying that armor "isn't working".

No, armor is working. But only half of it.  Look at next picture. Everything outside the yellow polygons is 4 hit-to-kill zone. Compare the sizes. U simply don't need to aim. And that is the problem with 0.4. If u have good aim u aim to hit body or head and do same dmg(counting the armor dmg block) as if u r spraying in the simply enemy's direction. I REPEAT: IT WORKS FOR CLOSE QUARTERS COMBAT. When playing warzone u have to aim at least a little. And here comes implemented crosshair kicks to the side. Which is sometimes infuriating. 

My opinion is that dmg multiplier for limbs must be reduced to pre-patch values. With that remark that if u look at the picture below, yellow polygons cover vital parts and organs and armor plate fully covers them from the front. I intentionaly left body sides out of borders. As TZoningHard typed, grazing shot should count with reduced dmg. Flank and rear shots still will be 3 hit-to-kill, so, flanking still will be rewarded. Thick yellow lines can be counted as bones and should have 0.75 damage multiplier, if it is not hard to implement.

Spoiler

20190209165412_1.thumb.jpg.83f46703250f6d19abe51c870ef68a2f.jpg

DEVS, RETURN PLZ PRE-PATCH DMG MULTIPLIERS FOR LIMBHITS.  Or  even a little less. And everyting will be just fine.

That's my summarized feedback on 0.4 Update considering the gunplay. In other respects 0.4 update leaves only good(sounds - awesome!) impressions. At least for me.

Edited by tynblpb
  • Like 2

Sounds:

The new sounds are a great step in the right direction. Weapons and explosion sound more intense by now which lends to the atmosphere of a true battle. I still think that there is room for improvements. Saying that I think less of the very sounds themselves but more of the directionality if that is the right term to use. If gun fire could be located even more precisely that would be great (this holds especially for verticality: playing Moscow TDM I could not notice any different In the sounds if I was on the same floor as the shooter or below but maybe that’s just my impression? Would like to hear what others say).

On top while footsteps sounds have improved a lot they still are a relatively unreliable source of information. Sometimes (and I guess it depends on the ground someone walks on) there are no or almost no footstep sounds. That usually gets me killed a couple of times per round. While holding an angle into a room for example someone walks up behind or from the side of me up to less than 5 meters with no chance to hear anything. Do others experience the same?

Strikes:

Maybe they are slightly too cheap now? I think they would feel more rewarding to use if they can be used more seldomly only. By now artillery especially feels a little spammed. I also thought about the idea to let only squad leaders use strikes except for vehicles but that might be going too far.

Technical issues:

This is hard to pin down precisely but while using the Scar-H (long barrel, default flash hider, cobra grip, dual role scope) semi-auto fire sometimes feels off as if my shots don’t go where my cross hair is pointing at. I tested that shooting on walls and didn’t have the same impression using full-auto fire and the canted red dot. Maybe that is a topic for the bug reports.

Gunplay:

The bullet drop feels a bit too pronounced and inconsistent sometimes. I have no hard data to prove that but maybe somebody else has the same feeling about the inconsistency?

I like the recoil changes and if anything, I would say it could be more pronounced. The attached screenshots are still from PTE, but I think the patterns are the same now in the live build. From where I stand on the screenshot I shot 5 magazines in the wall starting at the same point all the time with a stock Beryl (according to the in game stats it has the highest spread of all ARs). While the pattern is clearly visible I also had a few very strange outliers. Unfortunately it is not visible anymore (should improve my testing setups :D ) but suddenly and inconsistently a group of shots landed below the last and far to the right. I am not sure if that is truly because of the recoil mechanic itself or some server desync? To be honest I assume the latter because after these outliers the hits returned to their old path.

Also I like the new TTK, but I agree with tynblpb that the limb shot modifier is too high. I don’t know if there is limb penetration right now implemented, but maybe that would be the better way to go. Armor is working. A couple of times I ran into an enemy with heavy armor and hitting the covered body with the G38 and FMJ did only like 15 damage per shot or something like that. I guess that armor is just neglected too often either be gut shots or by limb shots so that it feels as if it does nothing. My propositions: Reduce the limb shot modifier to maybe even less than what it was before the patch (like 25%) and instead let bullets penetrate limbs and hit the body after that with reduced penetration (e.g. 66%). If limb penetration is already in place it would mean that limb shots would be even more incentivized.

On top I would say that the two heavier armor plates cover more of the body or protect the gut entirely so that neglecting the armor is less of an issue. Even further I think that separate front and back armor could by a nice addition allowing for further customization depending on one’s preferred playstyle, e.g. if I prefer to stay further back providing supportive fire with a battle rifle I choose a heavy front plate but don’t expect to get shot in the back and choose no backplate. If I prefer to go CQC I choose also a back plate to provide some protection against flanks.

berylpattern.jpg

• Like 1

Problems with the registration of hits still not gone anywhere. Because of the new TTK, this is not so noticeable, but when I shoot in the ass tank with a tandem RPG, it does not count the shot 2 times in a row - this is bad.
  Also, after this update, it was often on the menu to fly out, and sometimes completely out of the game.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, TENb said:

Problems with the registration of hits still not gone anywhere. Because of the new TTK, this is not so noticeable, but when I shoot in the ass tank with a tandem RPG, it does not count the shot 2 times in a row - this is bad.
  Also, after this update, it was often on the menu to fly out, and sometimes completely out of the game.

"Because of the new TTK, this is not so noticeable"

This is exactly what triggers me. For me the game was beyond broken when I sometimes sprayed a full mag on a player running and almost no hits got registered. But I was sure that they were working hard to fix it and saw it as a very high priority thing. But now it feels like they "fixed" it by lowering the TTK. Which I really hope is not the case.

Now imagine if they fix the hit reg issues, the TTK will feel EVEN LOWER. And at that point they would probably have to adjust it again. So I feel that this has to be a temporary thing because it will get so much worse when they fix the real issue.

Edited by Tweak
  • Like 4