Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Tweak

Map Rotation ???

Recommended Posts

So I seen alot of posts about Map Rotation being broken, but not a single response to it, and even in 0.4 it doesnt work.

Every server is supposed to change maps after a game is finished right ? Or did I miss something ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/8/2019 at 3:48 PM, Butta On Tha Pancakes said:

Yeah it's bullshit I don't wanna play Moscow 4 times in a row. Still yet to play Warsaw on 0.4 even tho I've been in like 10 games 

Correct. I also played a lot a TDM Warsaw in a row. Too much. What I miss, and also really hope it find it's way into the game that more people play WW3:

1) a lot of servers that are loading every map, every map size and game mode before start loading the same map and game mode   again.

2) some servers with only the same game mode but every game mode supported map and supported size (only warzone, only TDM, only Recon etc....) but rotating every map before loading the same map again

3) shorten the time after matches before the next map is loading. Official it's one minute, but when the counter is over, it's starting at 60 seconds for 20 seconds again.

4) moving all players from the current match automatically who are waiting for the rotation to the new map and/or game mode

5) filling automatically empty slots in the server before move the people into a less filled or empty server.

6) something like a waiting queue. If you want to join a full server, you are in a queue until your next to join

7) possibility to join the next full server with a question when you are in the queue

8) randomising the maps, sizes and orders after each rotation sequence (when all maps, sizes and game mode have been loaded in the sequence.

 

The map rotation and matchmaking system should be optimized and free of issues before thinking of creating new game modes, in this case I am talking about Recon. 

For me, those mentioned missed features or issues are the most annoying problems at the moment in the game, more annoying then CTDs which I have sometimes.

 

On 2/8/2019 at 11:43 AM, Tweak said:

So I seen alot of posts about Map Rotation being broken, but not a single response to it, and even in 0.4 it doesnt work.

Every server is supposed to change maps after a game is finished right ? Or did I miss something ?

I also noticed that. I am writing a lot about this server map rotation thing and don't even saw a response. I hope they will comment it or move all mentioned or some of those mentioned points to the roadmap. If you can read some or all of those points in the roadmap, then they are definitely working on it. They implemented some or a lot of wanted things from the players and commented them.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is no map rotation in the autorotation. Once you get onto a Moscow TDM server, you will be rotated onto new Moscow TDM server each time, this is by design. We could in theory make some kind of map/gamemode voting, but that's something for the future.

Rest of the suggestions, like joining a queue/spectator and so on are all considered and some are planned for sure, it just will take time, since there are bigger problems currently. We'd all love to have all this in, but the game is not yet finished and we didn't even have a server browser a month ago and autorotation two months ago :P

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ragir said:

There is no map rotation in the autorotation. Once you get onto a Moscow TDM server, you will be rotated onto new Moscow TDM server each time, this is by design. We could in theory make some kind of map/gamemode voting, but that's something for the future.

Rest of the suggestions, like joining a queue/spectator and so on are all considered and some are planned for sure, it just will take time, since there are bigger problems currently. We'd all love to have all this in, but the game is not yet finished and we didn't even have a server browser a month ago and autorotation two months ago :P

Ok, that I understand it correct:

- at the moment, no map and game mode rotation. Only one map and one game mode at each server?

- we can expect to have a map and game mode rotation from server side in the future 🤗🤗🤗?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The current system incentivizes turning off the game instead of playing another round. I played Moscow warzone twice wanting to play something else but once Moscow booted up a 3rd time I turned off the game. 

It's fine if you say you need to fix it but just notice that this is frustrating

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Butta On Tha Pancakes said:

The current system incentivizes turning off the game instead of playing another round. I played Moscow warzone twice wanting to play something else but once Moscow booted up a 3rd time I turned off the game. 

It's fine if you say you need to fix it but just notice that this is frustrating

Agree, I also play a few matches and quit the game for something else at the moment. And because of the less players, it's difficult to find another map and a different game mode than the one I have played very often before.

 

I also want an exact clarification to that. Honestly, if there won't be until final release of the finished game an auto  map and game mode rotation, I don't know if I will continue play it after v1.0. After that, I will wait to play until it's programmed and if not, well, I had my fun

And I believe I am not the only person who like that game with the same thoughts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Terux said:

Only one map and one game mode at each server?

Yes, this is how this is now setup.

3 hours ago, Terux said:

we can expect to have a map and game mode rotation from server side in the future 🤗🤗🤗?

Yes, we're working on it. It will require some time to make sure the base tech works first, but after that we can have servers like Warzone - All Maps or so.

56 minutes ago, Terux said:

Honestly, if there won't be until final release of the finished game an auto  map and game mode rotation, I don't know if I will continue play it after v1.0. After that, I will wait to play until it's programmed and if not, well, I had my fun

Look above :)

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ragir said:

Yes, we're working on it. It will require some time to make sure the base tech works first, but after that we can have servers like Warzone - All Maps or so.

Ok, that's great to hear 😎. Looking forward for that. I am really missing that 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×