Sign in to follow this  
Salt Lord

0.4.1 Patch made performance worse

The 0.4.1 patch made the game stutter a lot more for people. Have been asking in in game chat and discord and have seen a lot of reports of stuttering and framerate drops after 0.4.1 patch but it was ok during the 0.4 patch yesterday 

Also no it's not because we playing max players because when 0.4 came out on Thursday it was fine with max players but after this hotfix, everything got worse 

kekee.PNG

stuttering 3.PNG

stutters.PNG

sutter1.PNG

IMG_20190209_171126.jpg

IMG_20190209_170826.jpg

IMG_20190209_171037.jpg

Edited by Salt Lord
  • Like 1

I haven't noticed much difference on my end, but I can see how it is affecting people who have computers that aren't as good as others. The only time I have a performance issue is in a Tank when everyone is "Blowing holes in my ship" with RPGs or when the APCs cannons are hitting me repeatedly. Besides that, I haven't noticed a difference. 

I think it's not the patch itself which made the performance worse but the fact that we finally play on full servers. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HeiligeRobbe said:

I think it's not the patch itself which made the performance worse but the fact that we finally play on full servers. 

It is, game was running fine with max players when 0.4 came on thursday but when the 0.4.1 hotfix came then everything got worse 

Okay. Had no chance to play 0.4 on the live build before 0.4.1 was published. That was just my first guess. But I think the devs said already somewhere that they are aware of some performance decreases and investigating the issue.

8 minutes ago, HeiligeRobbe said:

Okay. Had no chance to play 0.4 on the live build before 0.4.1 was published. That was just my first guess. But I think the devs said already somewhere that they are aware of some performance decreases and investigating the issue.

Could you link it if you find it? 

Yeah sure.

infact the thread is about 0.4 but I assume they are looking on performance regardless.

The problem will be investigated, but I guess on Monday 😐 Devs are already informed about the problem.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This might be related to new player count on maps, upped to 40. With player cap also being kinda wonky and letting in more players than it should, this could impact performance.

There's also a bigger vehicle spawn limit and strikes cost less, which also can contribute to overall framerate. Please take a look at your fps when there's not many players on the map and if it changes depending on player count. If it does, we can balance it out a bit with player counts and limits.

• Thanks 1

Might not be the right place to ask, but to me 20v20 sometimes feels a bit too clustered at some spots on the maps. If it also leads to performance drops maybe 16v16 is at least for now the better option on WZ medium?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ragir said:

This might be related to new player count on maps, upped to 40. With player cap also being kinda wonky and letting in more players than it should, this could impact performance.

There's also a bigger vehicle spawn limit and strikes cost less, which also can contribute to overall framerate. Please take a look at your fps when there's not many players on the map and if it changes depending on player count. If it does, we can balance it out a bit with player counts and limits.

As far I noticed, after the patch, the same day, when the player count reaches 18vs18 servers start struggling somehow, the red/orange icon of the server performance start flashing and also the ping went from ~40 to ~140.

As the player count was exceeded 20vs22, the server crashed every match in WZ at least.

• Thanks 1

I've personally not noticed an issue with 40 players in a match on warzone. HOWEVER, I have noticed a serious performance issue with the moscow TDM match with more players. But that is the only map where I have a performance hit and massive frame drops making the map pretty much unplayable for me. 

Keep em coming, this helps ;)

I've personally not noticed an issue with 40 players in a match on warzone. HOWEVER, I have noticed a serious performance issue with the moscow TDM match with more players. But that is the only map where I have a performance hit and massive frame drops making the map pretty much unplayable for me. 

That's interesting. I have a superb performance on Moscow TDM with easily more than 100 frames. I admit I haven't played it too often since 0.4 went live because I prefer WZ.

AMD R5 1600 @3.9 Ghz. GTX 1070 AMP! Extreme and 16 GB DDR4-2400 if that helps.

Lowering player counts and limiting strikes should not be the way to optimize performance... 20 vs 20 is a minimum to actually feel any kind of battle on such large maps. I would prefer to see this game being properly optimized without cutting map size/ player count etc. Still waiting for large warzones to come back and 32vs32 matches..

• Like 2