Dunabar

6 Guns that could enhance WW3 - Machine Guns.

Hey Folks.

I know Weapons list in games like this are a dime a dozen, but I wanted to do something a little more special than merely making a wish list of guns I'd like to see added to the game. Link below proves I've already done that once before.

This of course isn't knocking anyone who makes wish lists or the current List of weapons that would be cool in game post, I just wanted to do something a little different with my list. I wanted to make a list of guns that could bring more to WW3 than just another fun toy to play with (within obvious limitations.) Guns that actually bring a notable difference with them that sets them apart from what we currently have in game. So, because this list would be massive if I covered every possible category of weapons, I've decided to do topics dedicated to each category starting of course with the Light Machine Guns. Also, I will be keeping the list to just 6 Machine Guns. The reason for this is because the Assault Rifles are currently at 8 guns with a 9th on the way with the M4A1 in the future. Thus only doing 6 will bring MGs up to the equal numbers of options akin to the ARs.

But, before we can talk about what could be added, we first need to establish what is currently in the game, and from there we can build out the list moving forward by comparing stats. So, lets get started.

Current Light Machine Guns in-game.

Pecheneg Bullpup

"Modern Bullpup version of the classic Russian LMG, chambered for the soviet 7.62 round. Lower rate of fire and high damage with decent handling, lacks the long-range precision of other LMGs." - World War 3 Description.

• Origin: Russia
  • Weight: 19.5
  • Recoil: 0.73
  • Spread: 0.35
  • Reload time: 8.7 seconds
  • RPM: 600
  • Caliber: 7.62X54mmr
  • Ammunition capacity: 100

UKM

"Workhorse LMG of the Polish army, chambered in 7.62 NATO. Decent accuracy and weight with a low rate of fire" - World War 3 Description.

• Origin: Poland
  • Weight: 23.3
  • Recoil: 0.85
  • Spread: 0.3
  • Reload time: 7.9 seconds
  • RPM: 550
  • Caliber: 7.62X51mm
  • Ammunition capacity: 100 or 200

MG5

"Modern LMG of the Germany army, chambered for the 7.62 NATO bullet. Very heavy but comes with good accuracy and extreme rate of fire, works well with a bipod" - World War 3 Description.

• Origin: Germany
  • Weight: 30.9
  • Recoil: 0.9
  • Spread: 0.2
  • Reload time: 7.8 seconds
  • RPM: 720
  • Caliber: 7.62X51mm
  • Ammunition capacity: 100

Now at first I know this part of the list seems useless for the post. But, we will use it to compare with the other weapons to come so we can see how they can stack up against each other. However, Recoil, Spread, and Reload Time are going to be very hard for me to determine. So I'm going to leave Recoil, Spread, & Reload Time as N/A and ultimately leave it up to the Developers/General Testing to determine these three factors if any of these guns make it into the game.

With all that out of the way, lets get started with something familiar.

Light Machine Guns that could enhance WW3

Quick note: I will be using the color Green to indicate where a proposed gun is better, Red to indicate where it is worse off, and Yellow where its equal or competitive with current guns in game.

#6. FN Minimi

image.thumb.jpeg.a38cd60867b3e59d43993582a9548a5e.jpeg

Compared Stats with current MGs in WW3.

• Weight - Pecheneg Bullpup (19.5) - UKM (23.3) - MG5 (30.9)
  • Recoil: N/A
  • Spread: N/A
  • Reload time: N/A
  • RPM: Pecheneg Bullpup (600) - UKM (550) - MG5 (720)
  • Caliber: Pecheneg Bullpup (7.62X54MMR) - UKM (7.62X51MM) - MG5 (7.62X51MM)
  • Ammunition capacity: Pecheneg Bullpup (100) - UKM (100-200) - MG5 (100)

So, if the FN Minimi was to be added to the game, I would say it would settle largely between the Pecheneg & UKM as a very adaptable LMG. Even if it doesn't pack a punch like the bigger three, it makes up for it with Lightweight, high rate of fire, and a possible faster reload speed if the 30 round STANAG Magazine is taken over the 100 or 200 round Box. With the right Modification options, the FN Minimi can also be made to look like the M249 SAW since there isn't too many differences between the two guns. But, I think that is enough with the familiar. Lets go for something a little more...new.

#5. LWMMG

image.jpeg.20e9d4eb3bbaeb1bba75131ad21ce4a7.jpeg

So we go from the first of the lowest flat damage MGs of the list, to the highest flat damage MG of the list. If added to the game, the LWMMG would be -THE- Strongest MG of them all, reach out the furthest, most accurate, and would have probably about the same reload time as the rest of them. However, this comes at the price of being -THE- slowest firing of them all (or at least the 2nd slowest once you get further down the list) and being a bit on the heavier side. Thus this gun would be best served in a Defensive role, or Supporting Fire role during gameplay (IE: Best used with a Bipod, but could still be used with a grip.) But, that is enough candy for now, lets move on to something very light.

#4. QBB-97

image.thumb.png.657a6354e697d0e28b91cb93378a9def.png

If added to the game, the QBB-97 would not only be the lightest MG of them all, but it would also offer a intermediate damage capability between the 5.56 & 7.62 Calibers with higher armor penetration than the 5.56, and would offer three select fire modes making the QBB-97 a very well rounded MG for Offensive gameplay, but also able to perform very well on the defensive if needs must. But, in the wrong hands, the lower Ammunition capacity could see the Player easily getting caught flat footed and the shorter than average barrel could mean the gun couldn't accurately reach as far as the other LMGs, but still further than most of the 5.56 ARs. But, it's time to move onto something a bit of more balanced.

#3. Negev NG7

image.thumb.jpeg.3453a54f805f4d3342b8a35b9fb684cd.jpeg

If added to the game, the Negev NG7 would serve ideally as a upper middle-field LMG. Not too heavy, not too light. Not too slow shooting, not too fast shooting. Packs a balanced punch and etc. The Negev NG7 would most likely benefit from a more defensive minded player. But, I could see an offensive minded player doing well if they learn to control that higher end rate of fire. Anyways we still got 2 more guns and I think it's time for something a little bit different from the others.

#2. Ultimax 100 MK8

image.jpeg.bd11b4b8094cf8ab758eff5ef4212333.jpeg

If added to the game the Ultimax 100 MK8 would serve as a good lower middle-ground MG acting as a MG, but almost feeling like an AR. It would ideally be a very accurate, lightweight, light puncher that can either be quickly reloaded with the 30 round Magazine, or lay down a large amount of accurate fire with the 100 Beta C-Mag. Overall I'd consider the Ultimax a good balance choice for any role. Maybe even give it a special barrel option that allows it to equip a bayonet for a slight increase melee range, but I think it would be fine without it also so whatever ultimately there. So, time to wrap this post up before it gets any longer and I think we need something that can really...blaze a trail.

#1. CETME Ameli

image.jpeg.01e5f5f67e7cbaf8f3f644535c57b247.jpeg

I was very torn when it came time to pick the last LMG for this spot and the Ameli inched out over the Daewoo K3 & K12 along with really stretching out the differences between all the MGs in the world. I wanted a smaller caliber like the 5.56 and the K12 didn't offer that caliber and the K3 was inspired by the FN Minimi. The Ameli ultimately delivers that smaller 5.56 caliber and does with a far higher max Rate of Fire than the K3, The Ameli would find itself (ideally) becoming the fastest firing MG when compared to the MG5. But, would have a smaller punch compared to it. However, while the MG5 has the ability to be a decent MG when on the move, the Ameli should almost by default be equipped with a Bipod to ensure some degree of control over the Weapon's intense Rate of Fire, ultimately meaning it's best usage is truly on the defense.

Honorable Mentions & Closing the post.

Here are a few honorable mentions for MGs that didn't make the list and would still make good picks if the ones I suggested were not desired.

1. Daewoo K12 - Lost to the Ameli for having the same 7.62 caliber ammunition that 4 others would already have.
  2. Daewoo K3 - Lost to the Ameli only because it looks so close to the FN Minimi and had a slower max fire rate
  3. AUG HBar - Didn't make the list only because the Hbar is nothing but an AUG with a heavier & longer barrel.
  4. M60E6 - Only lost out on being on the list because I stumbled upon the LWMMG
  5. L86A1 LSW - The British Army is looking to retire the weapon by this year and the game is set in 2026.
  6. Type 88 GPMG - Lost out because the QBB-97 was far more tempting.
  7. INSAS LMG - Lost out because the Negev NG7 was far more tempting.

With all of that out of the way, it's time to bring this large post to an end, and begin planning out the next list of Guns I think could enhance WW3. The next list I was going to do was going to be SMGs. But, with the new DMG Nine-Milli, or the MPA57DMG as it's properly known as being added to the game in the recent patch, I figured it would be better to do Pistols next, and go from there after those. Down below is a big hint to one of those Pistols I plan to suggest and if you have any suggestions for LMGs that are not on the list in any shape or form (something not many People know about preferred) please share!

Have a good one folks!

image.jpeg.72a9c4c0ed88f25ca3c5170ca17532ab.jpeg

Links to my other Individual Suggestion Posts & Suggestion Series posts

Guns that could enhance WW3 series

Strikes that could enhance WW3 series

Individual or Mini Series Suggestions post

Edited by Dunabar
Updating links list
  • Like 3

If I had to choose the M240 over any of the LMGs I listed. I would drop the Negev NG7 for it (don't ask I'm odd when it comes to weapon options.) So if it was to take the place of the Negev things would look something like this-

M240B (The M240B or Bravo being the most common requested version of the M240 for games)

Which balances out good, if not better in a sense over the Negev NG7 with what stats I can compare with. But, the Negev NG7 could also be changed of course to be worse off when compared to the other three guns in either Recoil, Spread, or Reload time. So yeah, the M240B would balance out good, unless you want one of the other m240s in which case I need to crack numbers again lol.

While there are some differences between the two, they're not really different-different.

FN Minimi

• Weight: 6.85 KG or 15.1 LB
  • RPM: 700 - 1,150
  • Caliber: 5.56x45mm NATO
  • Ammunition Capacity: 30, 100, and 200.

M249 SAW

• Weight: 10 KG or 22 LB
  • RPM: 650 - 850

So they could do the M249 SAW still if they wanted a MG that was heavier and had a slower ROF compared to the Ameli to help further that difference in the MGs a little bit.

Wow great job on this post it was really good.

I really want the Ameli in the game maybe some laser shooting cameras too?

29 minutes ago, MOBBOB said:

Wow great job on this post it was really good.

I really want the Ameli in the game maybe some laser shooting cameras too?

Alright, just know this isn't a smoking section, and keep an eye out for the Thermal Charges & Kairos Mines.

Edited by Dunabar
  • Haha 1

Cool topic, I'll forward it to the design team. For now just remember that we use weight to balance weapons, so we won't have 100% accurate weights for each of them - we'll try where we can, but if we make a really OP gun and make it really heavy, it'll be ok :P

• Like 2

Awesome post! And great to see it now as we've just begun a small re-evaluation pass for our LMGs currently in-game.

I think I can already tease that anyone hoping for a lightweight (and a bit obscure) LMG in 5.56 will be happy with one of the upcoming weapons :) As per the rest - Some really cool choices here, I'd love to see some of them in WW3 one day, especialy stuff like the LWMMG, we'll see what the future brings ;)

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Ragir said:

Cool topic, I'll forward it to the design team. For now just remember that we use weight to balance weapons, so we won't have 100% accurate weights for each of them - we'll try where we can, but if we make a really OP gun and make it really heavy, it'll be ok :P

Of course, every very strong weapon needs some sort of counter point to drag it back down into a more balanced state for the sake of gameplay. Otherwise we have another case of Modern Warfare 2 or Black Ops where People are just using UMPs, FAMAS, or Galils. But, I'm happy even if the list just gets a passing glance. Thanks Ragir ?

4 hours ago, Borreh said:

Awesome post! And great to see it now as we've just begun a small re-evaluation pass for our LMGs currently in-game.

I think I can already tease that anyone hoping for a lightweight (and a bit obscure) LMG in 5.56 will be happy with one of the upcoming weapons :) As per the rest - Some really cool choices here, I'd love to see some of them in WW3 one day, especialy stuff like the LWMMG, we'll see what the future brings ;)

Oh you dirty tease....Now I will have 5.56 LMGs running through my head wondering which one it will be, especially since the Negev does have a 5.56 counterpart, and the QBB is able to fire the 5.56. But, I'm happy the LWMMG really stood out from the bunch since it's both a newer MG (to my knowledge) and not one commonly seen in most video games (again, to my knowledge.) I hope the next list I make will be full of tempting stuff for the team to consider and will help more than this one did for at least considerations for new additions. Thanks Borreh ?

• Thanks 1

On 2/12/2019 at 4:09 PM, Dunabar said:

While there are some differences between the two, they're not really different-different.

FN Minimi

• Weight: 6.85 KG or 15.1 LB
  • RPM: 700 - 1,150

M249 SAW

• Weight: 10 KG or 22 LB
  • RPM: 650 - 850

So they could do the M249 SAW still if they wanted a MG that was heavier and had a slower ROF compared to the Ameli to help further that difference in the MGs a little bit.

having this magazine attachment for the fn minime/m249 would be cool. then it would be an infinity war gun =3

Avengers3_103.jpg

Avengers3_01.jpg

• Like 1

Actually some Friends & I have been talking for the last two months. One of them did some data mining while I in turn did some researching, prior to this we had noticed a blank lower grip on the PTE called "KAC Grip" or something like that, you couldn't equip it, but it was there. At first I thought it was some really obscure grip for guns, then my friend noticed a file that read "KACMachineGun" or something akin to that. So, I did some research after they found rendered models (not full models, just the frontal part) of the KAC LMG. Then just 2 days before the Free Weekend started, I noticed a KAC Stock on the PTE that could be equipped to the 417, and it was actually rendered.

image.thumb.png.4ee3c9c0d28ccc9734e560d63e49d429.png

So, I've ultimately come to the conclusion that one of three things will happen during a update when its time for a new Machine Gun to be added to the game.

1. It will be the KAC LMG on it's own.
  2. It will be the KAC LMG and we will get a surprise with the arrival of the FN Minimi,
  3. It will be the FN Minimi and we will get a surprise with the arrival of the KAC LMG.

In the end, I do suspect the KAC LMG will make it into the game, and if the pictures I saw were any indication of it's coming. I don't think the gun is too far off, but I cannot say for sure as these things do take time to create, double so given all the customization options all of us WW3 players are now accustomed to.  Either way I welcome the gun entirely ?

Edited by Dunabar
  • Like 1

Oh, wow, that's some mighty good news. If KAC site is anything to go by they have just 2 LMGs in production:

LW-AMG (which looks much more like LAMG from the video I linked than the LAMG on their site. different cofigurations?)

LWAMG_inside.jpg

and LAMG (which looks weird. prob because it's a render.)

lmg_mlok_inside.jpg

So, chances that will get LAMG are 50/50 (and even if it's the other one - is there much difference for a video game?) and 100% that we'll get something modern and cool. 

That's awesome. Thanks for info, now I'm totally hyped.

Edited by BeatriceJohnes

If I had to put money on either one, I would put it on the 5.56 variant. We already have three 7.62 caliber MGs in game and Borreh has long hinted at a 5.56 LMG as you can see in the discussion. But, much like with the 416 & 417, I wouldn't be shocked if both actually made it into the game. But, my money is mainly on the 5.56 variant for the sake of it being different. As for why I also suspect the FN Minimi, well that has more to do with the fact that it's a very, very popular gun in Video games, and the fact that it has such wide scale usage across the world.

Welcome for the information, nothing confirmed of course, but a lot of signs pointing to the KAC's coming! ?

Edited by Dunabar