Sign in to follow this  
Omifa

Button to turn the chat window on/off

Could you please have an option to turn chat on/off?

I'm experiencing a more and more annoying chat, I as it is now, I have to live with it. 

If ppl want to sling slurs at each other, I don't care, as long as I don't have to watch it.

Here is a prime candidate for have to turn off chat:

World War 3 Screenshot 2019.02.18 - 19.29.40.07 (2).png

World War 3 Screenshot 2019.02.18 - 19.29.44.65 (2).png

World War 3 Screenshot 2019.02.18 - 19.29.48.01 (2).png

Edited by Omifa
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Pfff, pretty normal chatting, if u ask me.

Better move chat window to the left upper corner. I think I'm used to this placement of chat window so with current positioning I simply miss most messages...

Switch to the "Squad" or "Team" channel as they are usually quiet.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DeWa95 said:

Switch to the "Squad" or "Team" channel as they are usually quiet.

Yeah specially squad.

but why would you want to? I personally find it hilarious.

(I mean you obviously dislike it, @Omifa .)

Edited by MOBBOB
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, MOBBOB said:

Yeah initially, but it gets old really fast. I personally just ignore it and read it only at redeploy screen(which I see a lot :P).

Just a temporarily solution until the new UI comes with a solution for this.

I give this ? For me it will be good to have option to turn off/on chat.

8 hours ago, MOBBOB said:

Yeah specially squad.

(I mean you obviously dislike it, @Omifa .)

Well. It annoys me. Like watching two siblings quarell. I just want to say "ENOUGH ALLREADY". But again, I don't support blocking, so if ppl want to engage in this kind of thing, that is ok by me, as long as I don't have to watch. Hence asking for the chat on/off button.

Also, I'm pretty sure that it pops up in the corner when you play, even if you go to another tap. To be honest I haven't thought about it. I'll give it a try.

On a side note, what if the chat becomes toxic or abusive, you can't turn that off.

Sidenote 2: (Just to be clear, I do not consider the chat I have shown to be abusive or anything like that. That is just a couple of hotheads shouting words).

Edited by Omifa

A on of chat hotkey would be appreciated.

Especially for videos making, IDC what other people say but it does pop up a lot when people are complaining which takes away from the visuals.

22 hours ago, DeWa95 said:

Yeah initially, but it gets old really fast. I personally just ignore it and read it only at redeploy screen(which I see a lot :P).

Just a temporarily solution until the new UI comes with a solution for this.

I don’t think it gets old, every time I see it I’m cracking up in my seat.

theres two people I hope to play with (not gonna mention names) one is complains about hackers or bugs or just everything the other HATES rpgs against infantry, he inspired me to make a only rpgs Loadout which, is really fun to use in TDM (its hard in war zone due to range) which makes people mad saying it’s op but it’s not you have to hit dead on which at that point you might as well use a g29.

Anyway these two people always get in fights with other people and it is hilarious.

(I mean specially with the new ttk I don’t think rpgs got changed)

I can see how some (most) people would be annoyed @Omifa but I’m not bugged by it, I actually enjoy it.

• Haha 1

Yeah give an option to disable chat for those who don't want to see, those who want to be entertained can keep it on.

Besides I don't think that toxic behavior should be encouraged. 2 people arguing shouldn't annoy the rest.

4 hours ago, MOBBOB said:

he inspired me to make a only rpgs Loadout which

Heyyyyyy, that's not nice :P

For now the suggestion to switch to Squad [Default: Tab] is the best one, but please feel free to report players like this to hacks@worldwar3.com with their steam profile link or even better SteamID - you can find those easily by following this guide:

It's made for reporting cheaters, but this kind of behaviour is also not welcome, so feel free to send them in.

We've been banning some idiots like this. They get a 72h ban at first and after seeing no improvement, we ban them forever (which also shows up on their steam profile as an added bonus).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I agree with the majority here that having an option to disable/hide the chat window would be a quality of life improvement.

On 2/20/2019 at 3:14 AM, Ragir said:

For now the suggestion to switch to Squad [Default: Tab] is the best one, but please feel free to report players like this to hacks@worldwar3.com with their steam profile link or even better SteamID - you can find those easily by following this guide:

It's made for reporting cheaters, but this kind of behaviour is also not welcome, so feel free to send them in.

We've been banning some idiots like this. They get a 72h ban at first and after seeing no improvement, we ban them forever (which also shows up on their steam profile as an added bonus).

Having it show up on the steam profile? That's pretty shitty.

Anyway to not have that happen to them I just think that's a bit unethical.

Sign in to follow this