Sign in to follow this  
Meatsac

Minimum player start timer on LIVE version

Ok, they fixed it on the PTE servers so you don't have to wait to hop in game if minimum players required to start match is not met (great for testing - thanks again for this). However, I think they need to get rid of it on the live version too and here's why.

(1) Two friends and me were on the NA server (about 2:30am).... There's no one else online, just us three... We hop in server and the time is locked waiting for another player to join.... After about 5 min of waiting no one else joined... One of my buddies barked "this is so fucking stupid, fuck this game", backed out,  and exited game... Since there was only two of us left, we exited the game to go play something else (sigh).

Given the player count is so low, it's ridiculous to have this timer locked waiting for minimum players... Hell, we would have had fun playing just the three of us (it's what we wanted), and maybe others would filter in later. Something has to be done about this in the next update... It makes no sense to tell players who paid for a game they can't play because others are not online (either because they're sleeping, working, school, etc)... Regardless of the rational behind this feature, restricting access is just bad policy.

Look, I'm not trying to bash anyone here.. Many others & myself are big supporters of WW3, it's a great game. However, you guys need to need to stop limiting players from playing with each other... I mean, a multi-player game can be great... but.... If it's not easy to play with others, it's all a mute point and all the development effort is lost in a sea of player frustration.

1 hour ago, Meatsac said:

However, I think they need to get rid of it on the live version too and here's why.

0.5 has a warmup, we know it's a problem :)

• Like 3

On 2/21/2019 at 11:15 AM, Ragir said:

0.5 has a warmup, we know it's a problem :)

uhh nice than we must not longer sit down in the Waiting Screen ;D