Dunabar

7 Guns that could enhance WW3 - Shotguns

Alright folks, once again another Guns that could enhance WW3 and as you can see we're on shotguns this time around. I figured I would handle shotguns next since there is only two of them in the game, which in my book means they have a good chance of being joined by another one (or seven if you go by my post lol) at some point before 1.0. As well I will also be covering 7 weapons this time around since again, there is only two shotguns currently in the game.

Just like to quickly note one thing before I get real deep into this post (only because nobody has called me out on it just yet.) When I'm doing stat comparisons with the suggested guns vs the current guns. I'm basing my stats primarily on a stock gun vs a stock gun that we equip after purchasing them in game and the reason for this is very simple. If I was to try and calculate for every possible weapon configuration that WW3 allows, I would go nuts trying to make these posts, probably would have given up back in the LMG post.

Current Shotguns we have in-Game

VEPR-12

image.jpeg.67a63f7d0689bbfa3260a2a978bcdded.jpeg

"Semi-auto shotgun of Russian origin, moderate damage at short to medium ranges with decent rate of fire" - WW3 description

Real Life Stats

In-game Stats

• Weight: 19.0
  • Recoil: 1.95
  • Spread: 0.7
  • Reload time: 3,1 Seconds
  • RPM: 400
  • Caliber: 12 Gauge
  • Ammunition Capacity: 5

MCS or Remington 870 MCS

image.jpeg.ad9d49841a27aa5d70c162fd57fead3c.jpeg

"Pump-action shotgun designed and produced in the USA. High damage and good accuracy at low to medium ranges at the cost of a low rate of fire" - WW3 description

Real Life Stats

Game Stats

• Weight: 16.7
  • Recoil: 2.5
  • Spread: 0.5
  • Reload time: 2.3
  • RPM: 400
  • Caliber: 12 Gauge
  • Ammunition Capacity: 10

Now, with this information in hand it's time to get to the real fun of the post with the new weapon suggestions. Much like my last posts, I will be using the colors Green to indicate where a gun is better, Red where a gun is worse, Yellow where a gun is even or competitive.

Shotguns that could enhance WW3

#1. DP-12

image.thumb.jpeg.1c47e1699816b563152ac3dd7ede59ba.jpeg

Real Life Stats

- Originally I had placed the SPAS-12 here because of it's Pump-Action & Semi-Automatic feature. However, I got thinking about it and the likelihood that players would use the Pump feature over the Semi-automatic would be pretty low. So, I searched for a shotgun that performed similarly, but had a more forced grounding between Pump and Semi Automatic fire. That is where this gun comes into play as it's able to fire like a Semi-Automatic for two shots before it needs to be pumped again. It doesn't shoot out of both barrels at once, it just fires from one and then the other after each trigger pull.

Proposed in-game Stats & Comparison Stats

• DP-12 Weight: 15.0 vs. VEPR-12 (19.0) - MCS (16.7)
  • DP-12 Recoil: 2.0 vs. VEPR-12 (1.95) - MCS (2.5)
  • DP-12 Spread: 0.9 vs. VEPR-12 (0,7) - MCS (0.5)
  • DP-12 Reload time: 3.5 vs. VEPR-12 (3.1) - MCS (2.3)
  • DP-12 RPM: 450 vs. VEPR-12 (400) - MCS (400)
  • DP-12 Caliber: 12 Gauge vs. VEPR-12 (12 Gauge) - MCS (12 Gauge)
  • DP-12 Ammunition Capacity: 5 vs. VEPR-12 (5) - MCS (10)

- If added to the game, the DP-12 would serve a dual-role as a core filler & bridge between Pump-Action Shotguns and Semi-Automatic shotguns. To differ this gun from it's counter-part below, I would suggest reducing the DP-12's Ammunition capacity by 4 while giving it a slightly faster reload speed to compensate for it.

But, what if a Player was willing to give up Semi-Automatic fire for more ammunition per-full reload?...

#2. UTS-15

image.jpeg.a00c0e18ee22e2e34789d3aaffe070b1.jpeg

Real Life Stats

- Another Pump-Action to fill out the core of the Shotguns, the UTS-15 really stood out above all the other Pump-Actions purely because of the amount of ammunition it could fire before needing to be reloaded. Though it was originally designed to be the "Ultimate Police Shotgun", many Shotguns in the past have had their place in the world elevated to the hands of a Nation's Military, and the UTS-15 could very well see itself one day put in the hands of a Soldier instead of a Civilian or Police Officer.

• UTS-15 Weight: 18.0 vs. VEPR-12 (19.0) - MCS (16.7)
  • UTS-15 Recoil: 2.0 vs. VEPR-12 (1.95) - MCS (2.5)
  • UTS-15 Spread: 0.7 vs. VEPR-12 (0.7) - MCS (0.5)
  • UTS-15 Reload time: 4.0 vs. VEPR-12 (3.1) - MCS (2.3)
  • UTS-15 RPM: 300 vs. VEPR-12 (400) - MCS (400)
  • UTS-15 Caliber: 12 Gauge vs. VEPR-12 (12 Gauge) - MCS (12 Gauge)
  • UTS-15 Ammunition Capacity: 14 vs. VEPR-12 (5) - MCS (10)

- If added to the game, what I personal envision for the UTS-15 is a shotgun that offers a higher ammo capacity per load and deals slightly more damage up close when compared to the MCS. However, this comes in the exchange of being heavier than the MCS and having a little more trouble reaching out to those medium distances. While not a straight upgrade from the MCS, it would at least offer an alternative to it without needing to grab a Semi-Automatic. Ideally it would also be a tad bit on the more forgiving side for newer players who're inexperienced using shotguns (you'd be amazed what a few extra rounds can do for a person's confidence even while being a newer player.)

But, maybe being defensive isn't really for the player. Maybe they want to be very...very aggressive when blazing a trail through the enemy ranks?...

#3. Origin 12 SBV

image.jpeg.4df4cdcb2ec796b7ab81d01c411ceed8.jpeg

Real Life Stats

- The gun I hinted at in my post over Handguns that could enhance WW3 (though granted a different picture of it), the Origin 12 SBV is one of the fastest firing "Firearms" in the world. This "firearm" can burn through 30 rounds of 12 Gauge shells in just under 5 seconds. Also the reason I keep saying "Firearm" over Shotgun is because of certain 'marketing choices' being made to get the gun classified as a Firearm, not as a Shotgun.

• O12SBV Weight: 22.0 vs. VEPR-12 (19.0) - MCS (16.7)
  • O12SBV Recoil: 3.0 vs. VEPR-12 (1.95) - MCS (2.5)
  • O12SBV Spread: 1.5 vs. VEPR-12 (0.7) - MCS (0.5)
  • O12SBV Reload time: 3.5 vs. VEPR-12 (3.1) - MCS (2.3)
  • O12SBV RPM: 700 vs. VEPR-12 (400) - MCS (400)
  • O12SBV Caliber12 Gauge vs. VEPR-12 (12 Gauge) - MCS (12 Gauge)
  • O12SBV Ammunition Capacity: 8 vs. VEPR-12 (5) - MCS (10)

- If added the game, the O12SBV should be the very aggressive assault player's go to Semi-Automatic Shotgun, able to burn a trail through the opposing team at very close - close ranges while struggling a bit at the medium range game. To differ the O12SBV from the VEPR-12 more, I would say make the medium range spread more noticeable and grant the O12SBV access to the 20 round Drum, but no long barrel to keep the weapon best situated for that CQC gameplay.

But, what if someone wanted something a little more middle of the field in regards to their Semi-automatic?...

#4. M4 Super 90

image.jpeg.137796217875c85d5e80746f635f6275.jpeg

Real Life Stats

- An iconic and widely used Shotgun out of Italy, the Benelli M4 has seen service in Law Enforcement & Military groups in Italy, United States, United Kingdoms, Malaysia, Greece, South Korea, Serbia, Belarus, and more. Another Semi-Automatic shotgun to fill the core of the Semi-Automatic section of shotguns on this list.

• M4 S90 Weight: 16.0  vs. VEPR-12 (19.0) - MCS (16.7)
  • M4 S90 Recoil: 1.70 vs. VEPR-12 (1.95) - MCS (2.5)
  • M4 S90 Spread: 1.0 vs. VEPR-12 (0.7) - MCS (0.5)
  • M4 S90 Reload time: 3.5 vs. VEPR-12 (3.1) - MCS (2.3)
  • M4 S90 RPM: 350 vs. VEPR-12 (400) - MCS (400)
  • M4 S90 Caliber: vs. VEPR-12 (12 Gauge) - MCS (12 Gauge)
  • M4 S90 Ammunition Capacity: 7 vs. VEPR-12 (5) - MCS (10)

- If added to the game, the M4 Super 90 should serve as the middle ground between the VEPR-12 & (if added) Origin 12 SBV with a lightweight touch. It may (ideally) lack the reach of the VEPR-12 and the high rate of fire of the O12SBV. But, the lighter weight and middle ground performance could make the M4 Super 90 a great entry level semi-automatic shotgun for those that don't use shotguns all that much.

But, what if someone wanted something more than just semi-automatic fire, like say...Fully Automatic and lighter while exchanging some of that stopping power for easy recoil control?

#5. Hawk XY10

image.jpeg.4c1fa6f50a248680aba8c9a4cba7a49f.jpeg

Real Life Stats

• Origin: China
  • Weight: 3.8 KG or 8.3 LB
  • Recoil: N/A
  • Spread: N/A
  • Reload time: Depends on the shooter
  • RPM: Depends on the shooter
  • Calibers: 10mm (10x50R) with 3 lead balls inside each shotshell
  • Ammunition Capacity: 10 - 30 Rounds
  • Info 1: https://modernfirearms.net/en/shotguns/china-shotguns/hawk-xy10-eng/
  • Info 2: Very limited info on this Gun

- The Hawk XY10 was built from the ground up as a fully automatic shotgun designed for Law Enforcement. While it primarily fires non-lethal rounds of ammunition, it's still able to fire the smaller 10mm shotshells at about 5 shells a second.

• XY10 Weight: 9.0 vs. VEPR-12 (19.0) - MCS (16.7)
  • XY10 Recoil: 1.25 vs. VEPR-12 (1.95) - MCS (2.5)
  • XY10 Spread: 1.6 vs. VEPR-12 (0,7) - MCS (0.5)
  • XY10 Reload time: 2.5 vs. VEPR-12 (3.1) - MCS (2.3)
  • XY10 RPM: 400 vs. VEPR-12 (400) - MCS (400)
  • XY10 Caliber: 10 gauge vs. VEPR-12 (12 Gauge) - MCS (12 Gauge)
  • XY10 Ammunition Capacity: 10 vs. VEPR-12 (5) - MCS (10)

- If added to the game, the Hawk XY10 would serve sort of the entry level for fully automatic shotguns with a punishing hip fire twist. While the Gun would be exceptional to control when ADS firing, lightweight, higher than average capacity for shotguns, and modest quick reload time. It's stopping power would be low and it's hip fire ability to down other players would pretty much be nonexistent, making aiming down sights a must to really have a chance at killing another player with this shotgun. In the end the gun would be best served in the hands of someone who prefers to flank the enemy, or ambush them instead of being the tip of a spear during an attacking.

But, what if a player wanted both Semi & Fully Automatic, a stronger punch, better hip fire at the cost of higher recoil control demand, and a far heavier shotgun?

#6. USAS-12

image.thumb.jpeg.2f61dc9de4e836e5b3161ab2f74f90a0.jpeg

Real Life Stats

- The USAS-12 is one of the few Shotguns in the world actually designed for fully automatic fire and is actually one of the first to feature such a fire mode. While on the heavier side compared to the few other shotguns like it, the USAS-12's weight provides additional recoil control when firing in bursts.

• USAS-12 Weight: 25.0 vs. VEPR-12 (19.0) - MCS (16.7)
  • USAS-12 Recoil: 1.75 vs. VEPR-12 (1.95) - MCS (2.5)
  • USAS-12 Spread: 1.25 vs. VEPR-12 (0.7) - MCS (0.5)
  • USAS-12 Reload time: 3.6 vs. VEPR-12 (3.1) - MCS (2.3)
  • USAS-12 RPM: 600 vs. VEPR-12 (400) - MCS (400)
  • USAS-12 Caliber: 12 Gauge vs. VEPR-12 (12 Gauge) - MCS (12 Gauge)
  • USAS-12 Ammunition Capacity: 10 vs. VEPR-12 (5) - MCS (10)

- If added to the game, the USAS-12 should serve as one of the two higher level fully automatic shotguns, far more forgiving when hip fired than the others, decent enough reach, and demanding enough on recoil control to ensure that anyone carelessly going fully automatic is punished for it. But, being the heaviest of all the shotguns means it's better on the defensive than it is on offensive. I personally envision this gun and the next one to follow to have a bit of a rivalry between their users...

But, maybe being defensive with a shotgun, and hip firing isn't to the liking of someone. Maybe they wanted something more offensive and could be the spear point of a charge?

#7. AA-12

image.png.628b49caf9f36ef59b17de0f1f76d0f3.png

Real Life Stats

- The AA-12 sports some rather impressive accolades as one of the very first Shotguns to feature Fully Automatic fire, was built from the ground up for Military usage, and even for it's lighter frame the Shotgun still manages to maintain low recoil even when fired one handed.

• AA-12 Weight: 18.4  vs. VEPR-12 (19.0) - MCS (16.7)
  • AA-12 Recoil: 1.30 vs. VEPR-12 (1.95) - MCS (2.5)
  • AA-12 Spread: 1.0 vs. VEPR-12 (0,7) - MCS (0.5)
  • AA-12 Reload time: 3.8 vs. VEPR-12 (3.1) - MCS (2.3)
  • AA-12 RPM: 550 vs. VEPR-12 (400) - MCS (400)
  • AA-12 Caliber: 12 gauge vs. VEPR-12 (12 Gauge) - MCS (12 Gauge)
  • AA-12 Ammunition Capacity: 8 vs. VEPR-12 (5) - MCS (10)

- If added to the game, the AA-12 will need to be tuned down a little bit for the sake of balance, and some character traits slightly changed to differ it from the USAS-12. What I personally envision is the gun being less effective at hip firing when compared to the USAS-12, but having a more controllable ADS recoil. The AA-12 in turn would have access to a long barrel for greater reach, but in exchange wouldn't have access to the 20 - 32 round drum. I'm sure more can be done to balance it out, but I will leave that to the Devs if they choose to add the AA-12 to the game.

But, it's time to bring another "Guns that could Enhance WW3" topic to an end till I get the next one made. I had some extra spare time, so I managed to knock this one out quicker than the Handgun post that took me awhile longer to make. But, before getting into the honorable mentions list I just want to remind folks that I cannot test these proposed weapon stats with the suggested guns. So please don't take them as final recommendation stats for the guns or anything like that, rather take them as a general direction I'd like to see the Developers go with them.d

Honorable Mentions & Closing the post

Before bringing this post to an end, I just like to deliver some honorable mentions for Shotguns that I still think would be cool to have in the game, even if they didn't make the main list.

• Franchi SPAS-12 - Was just inched out by the DP-12
  • Saiga-12G - I wanted to use it as a bridge between Semi-Automatics & Fully Automatics. But, I found out that the fully automatic mode is a modification, not an original or rare design of the Saiga-12.
  • SAP-6 - A very visually appealing Magazine fed Pump-Action. But, looks are not everything.
  • LA-12 Puma - A bullpup Shotgun from China that was made to resemble the QBZ-95's likeness
  • LW-3 - A fully Automatic Shotgun from China.
  • Tavor TS12 - A rotary tube fed shotgun out of Israel
  • STF-12 - A pump-action shotgun out of Italy
  • NeoStead 2000 - A bullpup combat shotgun out of South Africa
  • UNG-12 - A bullpup semi-automatic shotgun out of Turkey

and many many more....Guys this honorable mentions list could have been a whole dedicated post in of itself if I listed every really cool Shotgun I came across. But, this "Guns that could enhance WW3" post has gone on long enough and I need a small break before I cover my next post which will be Battle Rifles. I was going to cover SMGs next, but being that there is so few Battle Rifles, and I just did a Close-Range list with the Shotguns, I figured I would push the SMG list back one more time before actually covering it. Oh and here is your hint for the next post (Note: I changed the hint because of new information being presented on the last image. This still works though!) something with a touch of the old with a hint of the new.

Have a good one folks!

image.jpeg.938313ff9b49bc9fcfce68ad220d3d71.jpeg

Links to my other Individual Suggestion Posts & Suggestion Series posts

Guns that could enhance WW3 series

Strikes that could enhance WW3 series

Individual or Mini Series Suggestions post

Edited by Dunabar
Updating links list
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You know what’s cooler then a shotgun?

A drum fed shotgun you know what’s then a drum fed shotguns?

TWO drum fed shotguns I need to duel wield those AA-12 I mean Dmitri can so why couldn’t I?

Also watch out for “soft walls” some of the boys say that they have a heart beat scanner *shudder* I hope this is just some cruel joke.

Okay I think I have it out of my system now.... hopefully.

Good post as usual, all of the shotguns are cool shot guns specially the DP-12, the hawk, and the AA-12.

I imagine the DP-12 would be hard to program I don’t know though it could be incredibly simple (I’m starting to think it might be)

I’m not kidding though I really REally REALLY want to duel wield AA-12s I imagine that would be hard to balance and a bit unrealistic but maybe they could figure it out (maybe long reload and you can only have the duel wielded AA-12s?)

The hawk looks cool and shoot a different shell (not 12 gauge) which would be cool so It would be a more “unique” shotgun.

The ak style battle rifle is pretty cool looking I’ve never seen it any where so I can’t make any references ;(.

• Like 1

why all the big drum magazine or modern shotguns when they can't slamfire? i know these OG classic babies can.

3664.jpg

Ithaca_Stakeout_Parkerized.jpg

Edited by The Big Red 1
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, The Big Red 1 said:

why all the big drum magazine or modern shotguns when they can't slamfire? i know these OG classic babies can.

3664.jpg

Ithaca_Stakeout_Parkerized.jpg

Why not all the big drum magazines and modern shotguns when they can't slamfire?

Joking. They could do Slamfire shotguns, they just treat them some what like automatics in the sense that you hold down the mouse button and the gun automatically fires after the character pumps the gun.

• Like 1

but there is something about the winchester 1897 and ithaca 37 that i seem to like about them. most of the modern shotguns seem to lack "elegance" and "class"

21 hours ago, MOBBOB said:

You know what’s cooler then a shotgun?

A drum fed shotgun you know what’s then a drum fed shotguns?

TWO drum fed shotguns I need to duel wield those AA-12 I mean Dmitri can so why couldn’t I?

Also watch out for “soft walls” some of the boys say that they have a heart beat scanner *shudder* I hope this is just some cruel joke.

Okay I think I have it out of my system now.... hopefully.

The AA-12 is already a beast as it is, I'm shocked I haven't already been chewed out for suggesting it as a matter of fact. Two AA-12s at once is just asking to hear the screams of "IT'S OP!"

Good post as usual, all of the shotguns are cool shot guns specially the DP-12, the hawk, and the AA-12.

I imagine the DP-12 would be hard to program I don’t know though it could be incredibly simple (I’m starting to think it might be)

I’m not kidding though I really REally REALLY want to duel wield AA-12s I imagine that would be hard to balance and a bit unrealistic but maybe they could figure it out (maybe long reload and you can only have the duel wielded AA-12s?)

The hawk looks cool and shoot a different shell (not 12 gauge) which would be cool so It would be a more “unique” shotgun.

Thank you. I do try to find guns that stand out from each other, or at the very least have enough differences to be considered core fillers. I'm actually some what dreading the Battle Rifle post. But, I dreaded the LMGs, got through that fine. Dreaded the handguns, got through that fine. Dread the Shotguns and overall got through that fine. But, we will see if the Battle Rifles will break me. If they don't, it will likely be the Sniper Rifles that do it lol. Though I will say...A lot more 12s in this post than I thought there was and would have been a lot more add I kept the SPAS-12...

I'm not sure how hard it would be to program the DP-12, duel-wielding the AA-12s would be "Grizzly Bear vs. Newborn Baby" levels of OP, and I struggled to find a 'unique' Shotgun that didn't fire 12 Gauge, but was still new enough to have a 'possible' chance of finding it's way onto some battlefield. Though of course just because they're older guns, doesn't mean they're any less dangerous in the right hands.

The ak style battle rifle is pretty cool looking I’ve never seen it any where so I can’t make any references ;(.

It's the Serbian Zastava M77 B1 (if the picture link didn't lie to me of course). It's used by Mali, the Cyprus Army, and I think the Serbians keep them in reserve. I know I tend to confuse it with the Zastava M77 which is a 7.62 firing LMG.

Edited by Dunabar
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Dunabar said:

Grizzly Bear vs. Newborn Baby"

You know there’s a game about that