Sign in to follow this  
†FeuerEuphorie†

Game Mode Suggestion and some revamp

Well, I see no really difference between Warzone and Warzone Large except additional territory and points. So I suggest to remake them into new game modes.

1) Warzone (new) - it is simly like old Warzone Large was.

2) Close Combat - domination infantry mode, limited by only 2 areas of control (two linked, A1-A2 and B1-B2). Only Radar, Jammer and Suicide Drones strikes should be available.

Also, I suggest a new game mode.

3) Frontline. At first look it near the same as Operations (or Rush) from the Battlefield. 

Frontline divides each map into a number of sectors, each containing two or three control points. Attackers must capture all control points within a sector to secure it.

Defenders must protect each sector by preventing all control points from being fully captured. Even if the attacking team has all control points, defenders can continue holding the sector by contesting a control point. If a sector is captured, defenders must retreat further back.

But there are some differences.

1) Map doesn't change after attackers has reached last control points.

2) Instead of this, defenders can counter-attack, and become attackers from their base to enemy.

3) If they take a revenge, there is one more round, when first attackers attack another time.

Personally it seems logical to me to divide game modes into matchmaking groups based on the team size. Rather than discriminating between Warzone and your proposed 'Frontline' mode (which, although it doesn't sound too exciting to me, would add some much needed variety), matchmaking could instead allow players to choose between the 'large' playlist (Warzone and Frontline large), the 'regular' playlist (regular Warzone and Frontline), the 'CQC' playlist (TDM and any other potential modes like gungame) and the 'squad' playlist (Recon).

I can't say that I would be too hyped for a frontline game mode, as I had previously said, but having the exact same Warzone matches play out each time can get quite boring, and it would be a fairly easy to implement mode because it shares the majority of its features with Warzone including maps.

Sign in to follow this