Dunabar

8 Guns that could enhance WW3 - Battle Rifles

Posted (edited)

Hey Folks, time for another "Guns that could enhance WW3" topic (Yes...Another one, I still have SMGs, Specials, Sniper Rifles, and Assault Rifles to go through after this one...) and this time we're going to be covering Battle Rifles. However, this post will be slightly different from my last posts I did and I don't mean like structural layout or anything like that. Rather the particular topic - Battle Rifles.

See the term 'Battle Rifle' is a post WW2 term for Service Rifles that are fed ammunition via a detachable magazine and fire a full-powered rifle Cartridge. If you don't see the problem just yet, it's because the term can also be passed down to Assault Rifles which can fire the same calibers as the Battle Rifles, plus Battle Rifles can have Carbine versions as well. But guess what? I get to make your head hurt some more because these Battle Rifles can also serve the role of a Designated Marksmen Rifle & Sniper Rifle as the difference between a "Designated Marksmen" and "Sniper" is determined by the task they're performing, which I will not even get into because I don't want this post to turn into a debate, and probably a fight since most "Snipers" (Players) in WW3 are actually just playing the role of a Designated Marksmen, not actual Snipers. The term is in decline, but there are still nations who consider their Military's standard issue Rifles as "Battle Rifles."

Now you all know how this works by now. Before we can talk about what could be in this game, we must talk about what is currently in the game. Which lucky for me (in one sense) there is only one Battle Rifle in game and that is the SCAR-H, meaning I get to list 8 Battle Rifles on this list (unlucky for me for reasons you will see later down the post...) Buckle in folks, this is going to be a rough one.

Current Battle Rifles we have in-Game

SCAR-H

image.thumb.jpeg.24491f9966ddb7e722b97c8659e18aa5.jpeg

"US Battle Rifle based on the SCAR platform, chambered in the 7.62x51 NATO. Used mainly by the US Special Forces. It combines a powerful cartridge with good accuracy at the cost of weight and very heavy recoil. Semiautomatic fire strongly recommended." - WW3 description

Real Life Stats

Game Stats

• Weight: 18.85
  • Recoil: 0.94
  • Spread: 0.2
  • Reload time: 4.0 Seconds
  • RPM: 500
  • Caliber: 7.62x51mm
  • Ammunition Capacity: 20
  • Top Damage Range: 0 - 60m
  • Damage Drop off Range: 61m - 135m
  • Special Feature: Semi & Fully Automatic Fire

Now, with this information in hand it's time to get to the real fun of the post with the new weapon suggestions. Much like my last three posts, I will be using the colors Green to indicate where a gun is better, Red where a gun is worse, Yellow where a gun is even or competitive.

A side reminder when I'm suggesting/comparing guns, I'm basing my comparisons for a "stock" weapon in game against another stock weapon in game. If I try to do stats for every customization option, I will never finish these posts.

Battle Rifles that could enhance WW3

#1. ARX-200

image.jpeg.949f650e517186c97e777307761d9dfb.jpeg

- The ARX-200 is a derivative of the ARX-160 out of Italy and is a relatively newer Battle Rifle as it was designed and produced back in 2015. The ARX-200 was also followed up by a DMR version of it that packed the same heavy punch as it's original counterpart.

Real Life Stats

Proposed in-game Stats & Comparison Stats

• ARX-200 Weight: 21.00 vs. SCAR-H (18.85)
  • ARX-200 Recoil: 0.65 vs. SCAR-H (0.94)
  • ARX-200 Spread: 0.2 vs. SCAR-H (0.2)
  • ARX-200 Reload time: 4.0 (20 rounds) - 6.0 (30 rounds) vs. SCAR-H (4.0)
  • ARX-200 RPM: 550 vs. SCAR-H (500)
  • ARX-200 Caliber: 7.62x51mm vs. SCAR-H (7.62x51mm)
  • ARX-200 Ammunition Capacity: 20 vs. SCAR-H (20)
  • ARX-200 Top Damage Range: 0 - 50m vs. SCAR-H (0-60m)
  • ARX-200 Damage Drop off Range: 51 -135m vs. SCAR-H (61-135m)

- If added to the game the ARX-200 should primarily serve as a core filler weapon with a little more gearing towards Close to Medium range combat. This is of course not to say the ARX-200 should not be able to reach out and a touch someone with the right customization as it is of course a Battle Rifle. It just lends it's hand more towards Close-Medium range engagements to differ it from the SCAR-H.

But, what if someone wanted something of the opposite nature, something that can reach out a little easier to smack their target for being in their sights?

#2. Zastava M77 B1

image.thumb.jpeg.450d6cd88489e2f6bcf7c1e34f0dc476.jpeg

- The Zastava M77 B1 is regularly confused with the Zastava M77 Light Machine Gun and was originally designed for export. Though it has found it's way into the arms of soldiers of other armed services, the only two to have adopted the Zastava M77 B1 was Mali & Cyprus.

Real Life Stats

• ZM77B1 Weight: 21.00 vs. SCAR-H (18.85)
  • ZM77B1 Recoil: 0.90 vs. SCAR-H (0.94)
  • ZM77B1 Spread: 0.6 vs. SCAR-H (0.2)
  • ZM77B1 Reload time: 4.0 vs. SCAR-H (4.0)
  • ZM77B1 RPM: 520 vs. SCAR-H (500)
  • ZM77B1 Caliber: 7.62x51mm vs. SCAR-H (7.62x51mm)
  • ZM77B1 Ammunition Capacity: 20 vs. SCAR-H (20)
  • ZM77B1 Top Damage Range: 0-70m vs. SCAR-H (0-60m)
  • ZM77B1 Damage Drop off Range: 71-135m vs. SCAR-H (61-135m)

- If added to the game, the Zastava M77 B1 should serve as a core filler much like the ARX-200, only having the exact opposite of design. Lending it's hand more towards long range engagements and players that prefer to use semi-automatic more than fully automatic. If using fully automatic on the SCAR-H is challenging, then the ZM77B1 should be a little more challenging to help further that difference between them.

But, what if someone wanted something lighter weight & higher ammo capacity and didn't mind a little extra challenge to handle the weapon in exchange?

#3. ParaFal

image.jpeg.f46b5d938eb0130ab58f699afc24296f.jpeg

- While the ParaFal can easily be replaced by the classic FN FAL or SA-58, I figured this list is about adding guns that are noticeable different from other guns, and the ParaFal was modified to be lighter weight than the venerable FN FAL. So, in the name of weapon option diversity, I chose the ParaFal of Brazil over the other FALs.

Real Life Stats

• Parafal Weight:15.85 vs. SCAR-H (18.85)
  • Parafal Recoil: 1.0 vs. SCAR-H (0.94)
  • Parafal Spread: 0.8 vs. SCAR-H (0.2)
  • Parafal Reload time: 5.0 vs. SCAR-H (4.0)
  • Parafal RPM: 600 vs. SCAR-H (500)
  • Parafal Caliber: 7.62x51mm vs. SCAR-H (7.62x51mm)
  • Parafal Ammunition Capacity: 30 vs. SCAR-H (20)
  • Parafal Top Damage Range: 0-50m vs. SCAR-H (0-60m)
  • Parafal Damage Drop off Range: 51-135m vs. SCAR-H (61-135m)

- If added to the game, the ParaFal should be a lighter weight Battle Rifle when compared to the others, and a weapon that is more ideal for more experienced Battle Rifle users as it should demand far more trigger discipline/careful aim over the others. Ideally the stock ParaFal would be more suited for Close to Medium range engagements and would struggle with those further ranges. As well the larger magazine it sports should make it one of the slower Battle Rifles to reload.

However, what if the player was wanting something a bit different that was lightweight, controllable, and was willing to give up fully automatic fire & some reach?

#4. MDR

image.thumb.jpeg.e9af4d150d5a51a223be7213a54b7e8d.jpeg

-The Desert Tech MDR is a newer Battle Rifle that is currently on the market mainly for Civilians. However, Desert Tech has expressed interest in creating a select fire version for Military & Law Enforcement usage.

Real Life Stats

• MDR Weight: 15.00 vs. SCAR-H (18.85)
  • MDR Recoil: 0.65 vs. SCAR-H (0.94)
  • MDR Spread: 0.2 vs. SCAR-H (0.2)
  • MDR Reload time: 5.0 vs. SCAR-H (4.0)
  • MDR RPM: 350 vs. SCAR-H (500)
  • MDR Caliber: .300 ACC Blackout vs. SCAR-H (7.62x51mm)
  • MDR Ammunition Capacity: 30 vs. SCAR-H (20)
  • MDR Top Damage Range: 0-50m vs. SCAR-H (0-60m)
  • MDR Damage Drop off Range:51-135m vs. SCAR-H (61-135m)

- If added to the game, I think the MDR should completely lack any sort of select fire mode, and remain a Semi-Automatic Battle Rifle. This is mainly to make it stand out from the other Battle Rifles on the list, but mostly to make it different from the SCAR-H. The reduced range however, means the weapon will be better used in Close-Medium range engagements, but the lack of fully automatic fire option should in turn make the weapon more ideal for Players that like to flank their opponents, rather than fight them face to face unless they have no other choice. The MDR can also serve as a "newer face" on the block gun in game like the DMG-Nine Millie as the gun isn't currently used by any Military.

But, what if someone wanted something with heavy punch, like even heavier than the 7.62x51mm round, and wanted it to pierce body armor with ease? Of course they would need to deal with some serious drawbacks to get such a thing...

#5.shAK-12

image.jpeg.83b7e449e9d5a7b85e985d42e1005564.jpeg

- Formerly known as the ASh-12.7, the shAK-12 is a Special Operations weapon employed as a CQB weapon against the most dangerous armed criminals or terrorists who has to be stopped, literally, with the first shot that is fired. Though currently there are no recorded records of the weapon being used.

Real Life Stats

• shAK-12 Weight: 25.00 vs. SCAR-H (18.85)
  • shAK-12 Recoil: 1.50 vs. SCAR-H (0.94)
  • shAK-12 Spread: 0.2  vs. SCAR-H (0.2)
  • shAK-12 Reload time: 6.0 vs. SCAR-H (4.0)
  • shAK-12 RPM: 300 vs. SCAR-H (500)
  • shAK-12 Caliber: 12.7x55mm vs. SCAR-H (7.62x51mm)
  • shAK-12 Ammunition Capacity: 20 vs. SCAR-H (20)
  • shAK-12 Top Damage Range: 0-40 vs. SCAR-H (0-60m)
  • shAK-12 Damage Drop off Range: 41-135mm vs. SCAR-H (61-135m)

- If added to the game, the shAK-12 should be the ultimate CQB Battle Rifle, offering high damage & high armor penetration. However, it should come at the cost of low reach, low rate of fire, heavy weight, and other features to balance out it's rather destructive nature. The shAK-12 is definitely one Battle Rifle best suited for an experienced Battle Rifle user and establishes it's own rules for what makes a Battle Rifle.

But, what if maybe the Player wants something that has stood the test of time, offers a little more variety in fire modes, and can sport a very large magazine all while being adaptable?

#6. G3A3

image.jpeg.c824c6139d1a20d791111978d6978e24.jpeg

- The G3A3 (Though mainly the G3 platform itself in general) has seen very, very wide scale usage across the world, has many different variants made in other countries such as the AK 4 of Sweden, AG-3 of Norway, and many, many more. It is easily the most widely used Battle Rifle on this list except for maybe the FN FAL.

Real Life Stats

• G3A3 Weight: 19.00 vs. SCAR-H (18.85)
  • G3A3 Recoil: 0.97 vs. SCAR-H (0.94)
  • G3A3 Spread: 0.10 vs. SCAR-H (0.2)
  • G3A3 Reload time: 5.0 vs. SCAR-H (4.0)
  • G3A3 RPM: 500 vs. SCAR-H (500)
  • G3A3 Caliber: 7.62x51mm vs. SCAR-H (7.62x51mm)
  • G3A3 Ammunition Capacity: 30 vs. SCAR-H (20)
  • G3A3 Top Damage Range: 0-60 vs. SCAR-H (0-60m)
  • G3A3 Damage Drop off Range: 61-135 vs. SCAR-H (61-135m)

- If added to the game, the G3A3 would serve as a Battle Rifle that can not only serve multiple roles beyond just DMR, Heavy Assault, and CQC, but offer the rare 3 round burst, and a 100 round Drum to make it a quasi-LMG of sorts for supportive fire & suppression.

But, what if a Player wanted something that can really, really reach out to smack a target in exchange for the most nightmarish fully automatic fire that they could experience?

#7. Mk14 EBR

image.thumb.jpeg.98f1c47d8b327071646242ebd58982ec.jpeg

- The Mk14 EBR (Enhanced Battle Rifle) is a heavily modified variant of the M14 that has found it's way into the hands of Special Forces groups in Australia, United States, United Kingdoms, and Iraq. It also sees usage in Taiwan and the Philippines National Police Special Action Force.

Real Life Stats

• MK14 EBR Weight: 20.00 vs. SCAR-H (18.85)
  • MK14 EBR Recoil: 1.75 vs. SCAR-H (0.94)
  • MK14 EBR Spread: 0.25 vs. SCAR-H (0.2)
  • MK14 EBR Reload time: 3.0 vs. SCAR-H (4.0)
  • MK14 EBR RPM: 650 vs. SCAR-H (500)
  • MK14 EBR Caliber: 7.62x51mm vs. SCAR-H (7.62x51mm)
  • MK14 EBR Ammunition Capacity: 10 vs. SCAR-H (20)
  • MK14 EBR Top Damage Range: 0-80m vs. SCAR-H (0-60m)
  • MK14 EBR Damage Drop off Range: 81-135m vs. SCAR-H (61-135m)

- If added to the game, the MK14 EBR should serve as the go-to long range Battle Rifle for Players that seek to really reach out to hit their targets. However, this should come at the cost of being very hard to control in fully automatic fire in a CQC situation unless heavily modified for it. But, the hand of the MK14 lends itself more to Players that value long reach over close range effectiveness.

But, maybe the Player just wants something with a higher than average magazine in an overall highly adaptable and great customization package?

#8. ACE 52

image.jpeg.e42366dd825aa678f2c15b460dfcacf4.jpeg

- The ACE 52 is the Battle Rifle variant of the ACE family of Rifles that offer many different variants of various calibers and see usage in the countries of Ukraine, Vietname, Peru, Chile, Colombia, and many more places.

Real Life Stats

• ACE 52 Weight: 18.50 vs. SCAR-H (18.85)
  • ACE 52 Recoil: 0.98 vs. SCAR-H (0.94)
  • ACE 52 Spread: 0.6 vs. SCAR-H (0.2)
  • ACE 52 Reload time: 5.0 vs. SCAR-H (4.0)
  • ACE 52 RPM: 600 vs. SCAR-H (500)
  • ACE 52 Caliber: 7.62x51mm vs. SCAR-H (7.62x51mm)
  • ACE 52 Ammunition Capacity: 25 vs. SCAR-H (20)
  • ACE 52 Top Damage Range: 0-65m vs. SCAR-H (0-60m)
  • ACE 52 Damage Drop off Range: 66-135 vs. SCAR-H (61-135m)

- If added to the game, the ACE 52 should serve as one of the last core filler Battle Rifles, and be a pretty adaptable weapon depending upon the modifications that are made to it. Overall a gentle step-up from the SCAR-H without lending it's hand too much in any direction.

But, it's time to bring another "Guns that could Enhance WW3" topic to a close. Honestly, of all these posts I've made, this one was the greatest nightmare so far. The more I researched, the more I understood why Battle Rifles are slowly in decline in terms of concept. This of course doesn't mean they're by any means bad weapons, a lot of them have seen very extensive usage over the years by many Nations, and quite a few should be held in great respect for how well they have held up in the ever changing battle space created by time & technology. But, in terms of greatly changing the way they perform, they haven't gone very far off the trail with new innovations. But, there is something to be admired when it comes to consistency.

Before getting into the honorable mentions list I just want to remind folks that I cannot test these proposed weapon stats with the suggested guns. So please don't take them as final recommendation stats for the guns or anything like that, rather take them as a general direction I'd like to see the Developers go with them

Honorable Mentions & Closing the post

With bringing this post to an end, here are some Honourable mentions for Battle Rifles that could still be good for the game, even if they didn't make the final list.

• FN FAL - It lost out to the ParaFal only because I was looking for something that broke the Battle Rifle mold a bit. The FN FAL could easily take it's place however, as the ParaFal is just a highly modified FN FAL created in Brazil.
  • HK417 - Didn't make the list only because of the possibility that we will be able to change weapon calibers later down the road, thus the G38 (HK416) can cover the weapon.
  • Howa Type-64 - A pretty cool Battle Rifle that offers a pretty high Rate of Fire and isn't really seen in too many games.
  • IWI Tavor 7 - A Battle Rifle variant of the Tavor Rifle
  • Saritch - A concept Battle Rifle out of Russia.
  • HCAR - A Battle Rifle inspired by the American M1918 BAR
  • MPT-76 - A Turkish Battle Rifle

With all of that out of the way, it's time to wrap this post up. It took me awhile to make this post not only because of research, but recent issues in real life that have demanded far more of my time than I was able to give. But, things are slowing down once more, so the SMG post that is coming next might be done a lot faster than this one was. But, we will see, and like all other Guns that could enhance WW3 topics, here is your hint for the next Weapons list. Sorry if it isn't anything overly special to many of you, I wanted to play this one a bit safer.

Have a good one folks!

image.jpeg.9092561228d13351259d140f1761e25e.jpeg

Other "Guns that could Enhance WW3 Topic" Links

Machine Guns

Handguns

Shotguns

Submachine Guns

Specials

Sniper Rifles

Assault Rifles

Edited by Dunabar
Updating Links list
  • Like 2

As always good work 👍 Personally I can't wait for more guns to play. Specially that with 7.62 caliber. ACE52 and FAL are my wet dreams ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DareQQ said:

As always good work 👍 Personally I can't wait for more guns to play. Specially that with 7.62 caliber. ACE52 and FAL are my wet dreams ;)

Seeing all my late night typos and screw ups, I'm more ashamed of my work than proud of it. But! Thank you and I'm happy you liked it regardless of the amount of derpage I've been finding (Don't post late at night Kids, you will screw up hard!) Hopefully this will be the only nightmare post I have to deal with...for a little while till I get to the Sniper Rifles & Assault Rifles where I expect early age male pattern baldness to come faster than a speeding bullet.

• Like 1

Darn it I’m late, well better late then never right?

I hope the devs are reading these because they are REALLY good.

Funny how the guns that stood out to me the most are very popular which are: the G3A3 and the M14 EBR.                                   

If the G3A3 is added I hope we get a MP5 slap for it otherwise I would be sad.

And the M14 EBR because it’s a spin off of the sequel of one of my favorite guns the M1 Garand.

shAK-15 is cool too I mean it sounds powerful so it must be good right?

ACE 51 seems to be some kind of galil which is neat.

Beside those it would be cool to get a eye patch to put on my left eye with the ParaFal.

and the teaser thinga-ma-bob seems to be a micro uzi with a stock a grip a drum magazine a acog (4x, maybe?) And a bi-pod.....

I think that’s the most TACTICALLY AWSOME thing I’ve ever seen.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, MOBBOB said:

Darn it I’m late, well better late then never right?

Yeah, most of the time it's better late than never lol.

I hope the devs are reading these because they are REALLY good.

Funny how the guns that stood out to me the most are very popular which are: the G3A3 and the M14 EBR.

Well they read my LMG post and Borreh was really interested in the LWMMG I had suggested in the MG post I did. So, I suspect they're reading them and just don't have time to be commenting on each one of them. Just taking a passing glance at the posts is more than enough to make me happy though and I will just wait to see what the future brings in the end regardless.

When it comes to popular guns I tend to push them to the side and seek newer/less seen weapons in video games. However, this isn't always possible and this particular post was kind of proof that sometimes demand is far higher than supply can offer. Originally I had the Howa in the place of the G3A3. But, the select fire options & higher magazine options on offer for the G3A3 were far more appealing than the higher than average Rate of Fire that the Howa had. I also looked into the SOCOM-308 over the M14 EBR, but I couldn't find all the info I was really wanting to justify putting the SOCOM-308 on the list. So, in the end the very popular guns just have to win out over the newer/less seen weapons just because of pure information on offer.

shAK-15 is cool too I mean it sounds powerful so it must be good right?

On paper it sounds very good at CQC. But, range is it's greatest weakness on the realistic front. I was actually going to look for something instead of it, purely because I thought it would be a nightmare to balance, and was afraid it would become the God Gun everyone & their sibling uses thus making all other guns irrelevant. But, after hearing the Devs don't entire copy/paste gun stats, I was confident they wouldn't allow the gun to become the God Weapon I feared it would become, and ultimately I think they can balance it out to make it far less attractive at a glance.

ACE 51 seems to be some kind of galil which is neat.

The ACE family of rifles actually took mechanical inspiration from the Galil and put a modern design spin on it. So, that is why you're getting that Galil feel from it. They're very neat weapons however and if the Devs make it where we can change weapon calibers. I definitely want them to look into the ACE Rifle family as they offer three different calibers in the same generalish platform.

Beside those it would be cool to get a eye patch to put on my left eye with the ParaFal.

and the teaser thinga-ma-bob seems to be a micro uzi with a stock a grip a drum magazine a acog (4x, maybe?) And a bi-pod.....

I think that’s the most TACTICALLY AWSOME thing I’ve ever seen.

Just be mindful of the crossbow bolts you fire...no need to set a teammate on fire...too much anyways.

That is the Swedish Saab Bofors Dynamics CBJ MS, or just CBJ MS for short and what makes it interesting isn't just the 100 round Magazine you see, but the fact that it has it's own dedicated caliber of ammunition on top of being able to use the universal 9x19mm Parabellum round. The caliber known as the 6.5×25mm CBJ is actually able to penetrate body armor a bit easier than the 9x19 Parabellum round. So, good bit of things to work with. :)

Edited by Dunabar
  • Like 1