Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
tehcrs

30% GPU utilization, unstable FPS

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

At the beginning of the game it's mostly fine and seem I to have somewhat stable FPS around 120ish. However the more the game progresses the further my FPS go down up until the point when I end up with 30% GPU utilization and 50-70ish FPS including stutters. This seems to be the case with whatever settings I run the game on, be it ultra low (with certain cfg tweaks) or ultra high.

Someone on discord suggested that I have a CPU bottleneck, however that's hard for me to believe (not saying you're lying tho, xoxo), when other games run just fine. For instance Apex and Insurgency both run pretty perfectly in the 120ish FPS area and for a reasonable amount of time even at 144 FPS.

i7-4790k, 1060 6GB, 16GB RAM, m2 SSD. 

Thanks in advance for any pointers!

 

Edit: It's probably noteworthy that my CPU utilization is only at around 50% as well.

Edit 2: Another thing I have noticed is that even though that during the game my CPU/GPU utilization will go down to the 30ish% area, once the game is over and I'm back in the menus my GPU utilization goes back up to 99%.

Edited by tehcrs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

My RIG is i54670k 4.6ghz 1060 6gb 16gbRAM and SSD. I have the same feeling like you. For me FPS Are going down with every single fix patches.

 

I will test my GPU utilization and i post it.

OK right now I have about 40-45FPS. I didn't change any of video settings. My CPU utilization is about 30% but GPU on 90%.

 

I will try to reinstall newest NV drivers to older.

Edited by DareQQ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, DareQQ said:

For me FPS Are going down with every single fix patches.

+100 - v0.4 very bad for stability FPS

3770k 4.4 +16 ram+ gtx1080+ssd 

 

Edited by RUS13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 3/8/2019 at 10:04 PM, tehcrs said:

However the more the game progresses the further my FPS go down up until the point when I end up with 30% GPU utilization and 50-70ish FPS including stutters.

Can u type what amount of "cashed" memory u have. It's in lower half of "performance" tab of ur task manager. I have 16GB RAM and 6GB of it were cashed by Windows. Once I cleared cashed part of memory(and launched 1 programm that is clearing cash every 5-10mins) WW3 started to run much more smoother and even FPS are little higher now when server is full.

Edited by tynblpb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/8/2019 at 9:49 PM, DareQQ said:

My RIG is i54670k 4.6ghz 1060 6gb 16gbRAM and SSD. I have the same feeling like you. For me FPS Are going down with every single fix patches.

 

I will test my GPU utilization and i post it.

OK right now I have about 40-45FPS. I didn't change any of video settings. My CPU utilization is about 30% but GPU on 90%.

 

I will try to reinstall newest NV drivers to older.

I didn't know how but game scaling was on 200% 😑

After i change it to 100% my FPS back to normal amount ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, DareQQ said:

I didn't know how but game scaling was on 200😑

After i change it to 100% my FPS back to normal amount ;) 

What do u mean by "scaling"? Resolution? And how did u do it? My game doesn't allow resolution higher then monitor's specs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@tynblpb in game graphic options you have "resolution scale" bar. Mine was on 200%. When I do it for 100% my FPS go back to normal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...