Ragir

Weekly Report #2 - We need your help POLL

What should we focus on now?  

155 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. What should we focus on now?

• Bugfixing, stability, optimization - fix it now, add stuff later
    • New content and features - add stuff now, fix it later

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/17/2019 at 10:59 PM

In this week's report we're asking you for help: what should we focus on in the coming months?

When you add features to a game, things break - which is par for the course when it comes to Early Access titles, and we knew this is going to happen, but we noticed not everyone is happy with this. This is why we’ve decided to ask our community: what should we focus on?

1. Slow down, fix bugs and optimize
2. Keep going fast and unstable

First way is going to slow down updates, but result in more stable and reliable game until we reach 1.0.

Second way is making sure we develop content and features as fast as possible, but also doesn’t give us a lot of time for polishing and bug fixing - those would be done at the end.

Join our newsletter to get weekly reports straight to your email inbox!

Have other thoughts? Leave them here!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

What can i say. I know the power of bugs. I've been there when Assassins Creed Unity released. 
Perfection needs patience no need to rush things i'll be here even in 2025 if need be. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Im loving the game but a combination of a PC becoming outdated and the unstable nature of the game is making it difficult to play.
Getting the game more stable means I can play a hell of a lot more and enjoy the game.
Will make the new content that gets released later enjoyable.
At the moment new content can feel a little like "BUGS INCOMING"

I will always be there when you call me

I will test new patch and gameplay and as always share on forum with you

I wish you continued success and happiness

greetings to you

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Funny, I was thinking about this. Open A thread an disscuss this topic. We had a rough start. A lot of drama was created. So ppl always love to complain, so take youre Time.

I must say I also got a bit annoyed whit the hitreg that we had in 0.3. Stopped playing for a wail becourse of that. Ife it takes 24-36 months from now. Im good whit it. The only thing that we not need right right now is a V 1.0 Version whit issies like EA Release

Edited by ERZ_007

I really like your game. But I now play it only during testing Recon. All because I see no point in playing a game in which such a huge amount of bugs. It does not give me pleasure. And my friends too. If at the beginning we were going to 2 squads to 1 server, now not one of us enters the game, except to check the next patch. But now several patches in a row the game disappoints us and we do not stay there for a long time.
  I definitely vote for the first option.

Posted (edited)

The game is starting to feel pretty stale for me. NA servers are dead 70% of the time and many people I talk to want to see more content. Just as many want to see stable updates. It's a shame that we're being asked to pick one or the other. 

If we ask for content, how long will it take to fix game breaking issues? Are we going to get a shoulder shrug and a "You asked for this" if the game takes another month long hit of consistent crashes? 

If we ask for stables updates and bug fixes and the player count continues to drop because there isn't new content, will the game plan change for F51? Will the focus shift to new content?

Is it not possible to get a large content push followed by an equal period of time fixing bugs? Rinse and repeat from there?

Just a few questions that come to mind...

Edited by @PRUNKgaming
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Fix bugs and gameplay, after that start adding more stuff.. we have seen enough games that die cos of bugs and bad gameplay.. yes even the big names.

ATM i feel that ww3 would have more players if the game would work nice on every PC(some ppl has a lot of problems) and the movement etc. would be spot on.. i dont play the game anymore cos of the animation and the movement is so retarded(i know, i just can't get over it), but will come back when they are fixed cos i love the hitboxes and netcode in this game.

Honestly, take your time with fixing and optimizing the game. i'd rather have the game be more functional than buggy and broken. I REALLY want to see people coming back so we all can have a great time?. Keep up the awesome work devs we believe in you!!!❤️

1 minute ago, @PRUNKgaming said:

If we ask for content, how long will it take to fix game breaking issues? Are we going to get a shoulder shrug and a "You asked for this" if the game takes another month long hit of consistent crashes? 

If we ask for stables updates and bug fixes and the player count continues to drop because there isn't new content, will the game plan change for F51? Will the focus shift to new content?

Is it not possible to get a large content push followed by an equal period of time fixing bugs? Rinse and repeat from there?

Just a few questions that come to mind...

Well up until around the mid of february we were fully geared towards making features and worrying about fixing them later (apart from the crashing, that's kinda outside the whole thing). We are rushing to finish up new features and there's always something else on the roadmap that's behind and has to be finished up quickly - this is where all the buigs are coming from.

And this doesn't mean we won't have new graphical content like maps or weapons, outfits etc. This means no new programming features for some time mostly, some content will also slow down (for example, combat heli drone required new mechanics, that wouldn't get made, brand new weapon types that require coding - either). 

If the player count continues to drop, we'll rethink this and see, for now we have to decide on something :)

• Thanks 2

Slow down and focus on fixing the bugs 100%. I can deal with the crashes, but bugs can be just as bad and at least they are fixable. And if you balance the game-play, all the better. WW3 isn't the only game I'm putting on the back burner; I know how to be patient.

In my opinion, you should focus more on errors. If you do not fix the bugs, the game may end up like the infamous Fallout 76. But that it would not be so boring to give, for example, 1 new weapon for two weeks and a new map every 2-3 months. (Sorry for my English)

Posted (edited)

can you split your activity like 80% bugfixing and polishing the game, 20% adding new content?

What the point of new content if nobody can (or want to) play (literrally or just because dont want to play due to bugs)?

Bugfixing is in priority imo

Edited by Atway
  • Like 1

It's very good that the developers listen to the players.

Vote for option #1.

Why? I really like this game.

But, before a large number of people become interested in ww3 - it should be smooth as a mirror.

You can always add new content, but at first - make ww3 perfect, without bugs, freezes, etc., and after this fill the game with new content.

• Like 1

From most of the complaints in the in game chat, I see a lot of people complaining about bugs and issues along with crashes. Me personally I like the game but crashing is such a let down when it happens. I could be doing great carrying a TDM or Warsone (or even just having a great time playing), then crash and send a report will pop up. Some people hate this, i can understand in their minds they're most likely thinking why should i play this and waste my time if it will just crash when i could play something else that has less chance of doing this. 

I'd think most of us here can understand that an early access title will get content over time but the biggest thing as I said above that i hear complaints about is crashing/stability/optimizations/bugs.

there are more than likely players out there who will once in a while drop into these early access titles to see the progress, if from there last experience the game was crashing and having stability issues when they come back to find the game more polished, smoother, less crashes, less bugs.

content is there as well for newer/new players, just look at the customization for tanks/IFVs alone. the only thing stopping me from trying the different turrets out is me being afraid it is bugged... *cough cough* 90mm turret on wolverine.. 

The player count dropped the most each time you released a broken/unfinished patch. Lots of players were waiting for you to fix certain things, and when a new patch was released you could see alot of players coming back. But as the patches got released and the same problems remained, I think people just gave up and started waiting until the game is "playable" for them.

• Like 1

ATM the biggest issue is bugs and playerbase. If you fix the gameplay and the bugs people will come back. Start to advertise then and there will be more people joining.

I bought this game for 3 friends and they tested the game. They liked it but stopped playing because of bugs.

Just focus on that first!

Game needs optimizing, at the moment its not running smooth and playing is not enjoyable.

I don't think anyone dropped the game because of lack of content, when you take into account how little content there is in other recent, popular FPS games.

WW3 already offers more than enough in that regard. However it does have problems when it comes to stability, bugs, optimization, server issues, hitreg, incomplete gameplay mechanics... and THOSE are the reasons i don't play the game as often as i'd like.

2 hours ago, Ragir said:

If the player count continues to drop, we'll rethink this and see, for now we have to decide on something :)

How much more does the player count have to drop before you seriously rethink a lot of decisions? If Steam Charts is anything to go by, theres an average of about 130 players each month!

I don't want to talk you guys down - I really love this game and I desparately want you to succeed, but its basically dead at this point. The only chance we have for it to gain massive popularity is Gamescom/PAX/E3. The game is fun but it just sucks having more bugs than Battlefield 1 on release. Dedicate time and effort into fixing bugs first and when its stable, generate hype for GamesCom again!

I seriously hope you try to build up some hype for Gamescom again. The player count is absolutely horrible and it desperately needs new players. I would not recommend playing it fast and loose again, since that is what killed the game with its original Early Access release. It was a terrible, hot mess that made everyone bail out.

Go with slow and steady, fixing and doing a bit of balancing while we wait for new content.

• Like 2
  • Angry 1