Ragir

Weekly Report #2 - We need your help POLL

What should we focus on now?  

155 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. What should we focus on now?

• Bugfixing, stability, optimization - fix it now, add stuff later
    • New content and features - add stuff now, fix it later

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/17/2019 at 10:59 PM

Honestly should cram as much possible fast then sort it out later because I dont thing the player base is going to easily raise back up.

Making the game stable and optimized enough to suite the players who would come and play it is a huge time sink and then they will leave anyways if there is not a flow of content.

Maybe work on the UE4 upgrade instead then push out the stability and content.

There's not a straight forward path. You have to have a steady stream of people coming into a game for it to stay alive which means advertising and content drops. Ive seen the very unoptimized games get away with this just because the core of the game was good and they brought a lot of sucker in to keep the game alive.

Its what ever the game will get done oneway or another.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TZoningHard said:

Honestly should cram as much possible fast then sort it out later because I dont thing the player base is going to easily raise back up.

What does new content achieve if you cant play it because its broken. What do 50 new guns and vehicles achieve if you cant do anything with them cause they spawn with no ammo or not at all. What do 10 new Maps achieve if you crash 1min into any one of them other than frustrate everyone and bring bad press? 

I see your point with fast development and bugfixes later but I don't think you should go the EA way if you do it like this. People have expectations even if "NOT FINISHED" is written red with flashing lights over everything. And they gonna give their opinion on the steam reviews/YouTube/Reddit.

Bad reputation is hard to recover from. Look at No man's Sky. It is not a bad game now actually. But the start was horrible and for most people it's still negativ afflicted. 

Granted ww3 is far off from No man's Sky but still my point is about people talking shit about this game everywhere if nothing works even if there is a lot of content.

Maybe i'm totally wrong and the fast and painfull way is the way to go... We all have pretty much no Idea whats gonna happen and have none or very little experience in this regard so I'm kinda surprised that they let the community "decide" in this matter.

Edited by Fullback
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1