Sign in to follow this  
nubbits

Keep community more up to date

It seems like any info on different parts of the game are said by 1 dev on a single forum topic/discord channel, which means that we end up with all sorts of rumours about possible content being taken seriously. If you guys just could generally give us a better idea of what's going on, especially now that you know most players want a more stable game. Updating the roadmap would be a good start because 0.2 and 0.3 are still up there even though they're from months back, and we have no foresight on updates past 0.6 even though PTE is already on 0.5. Adding to the confusion, 0.5 on the roadmap includes recon, even though I know the devs have said they want to work on recon up until 1.0 release (maybe I'm wrong? Sure I heard this somewhere).

Yes, there are some people like me and others that follow all of the game's news, but not everyone's that hyped, so it's important for you to make it easy for less-involved players or potential new buyers to know  what is happening with the game.

• Like 1

Wait recons not coming in .5?

I follow the game pretty closely and I thought recon was coming in .5 or did I misunderstand you.

but yeah they update the road map

On 3/16/2019 at 1:18 PM, MOBBOB said:

Wait recons not coming in .5?

I follow the game pretty closely and I thought recon was coming in .5 or did I misunderstand you.

but yeah they update the road map

Can't say either way, but it's possible it won't.

Yes the roadmap has been changed a bit, but there's not the same visibility there was when it first came out and we could see about four updates into the future as there are no definite things listed past 0.6.

On 3/15/2019 at 8:09 PM, nubbits said:

It seems like any info on different parts of the game are said by 1 dev on a single forum topic/discord channel, which means that we end up with all sorts of rumours about possible content being taken seriously. If you guys just could generally give us a better idea of what's going on, especially now that you know most players want a more stable game. Updating the roadmap would be a good start because 0.2 and 0.3 are still up there even though they're from months back, and we have no foresight on updates past 0.6 even though PTE is already on 0.5. Adding to the confusion, 0.5 on the roadmap includes recon, even though I know the devs have said they want to work on recon up until 1.0 release (maybe I'm wrong? Sure I heard this somewhere).

Yes, there are some people like me and others that follow all of the game's news, but not everyone's that hyped, so it's important for you to make it easy for less-involved players or potential new buyers to know  what is happening with the game.

I've been saying this for awhile.
The community is so small that leaks spread like wild fire.
About two months ago the lead gameplay designer Pawel reached out to me via gmail and we chatted a little about WW3. I brought up to him that it's very confusing when you've got different devs leaking conflicting information on the forum, discord and even on twitch live streams. It's scattered and unorganized information delivery and I really think it causes more issues than anything else. 
I was told they were considering doing weekly or bi-weekly information drops and those seem to have started here

I really hope they continue with the weekly updates and more than that - I hope they give me a reason to want to play this game again. I used to sit down for 4-5 hours at a time and have nothing but fun. Now I get frustrated after an hour of game play. The player base is so low my only options at times are to play on NA with good ping in a warzone with 8 players or switch to EU on a full server and rubber band around with 300 ping. I know a few of my friends that played religiously that have now uninstalled the game entirely.
WW3, for me, is quickly turning into a game I'll likely only play when a new patch comes out and I'm not the only one feeling that way.
The sad part is that I can see the inherent issue in that mindset - less players means less people to test and make sure it's a solid patch, potentially making for a lower quality patch.
The worst part is that I used to care enough to push myself and others to keep playing the game when it was bad, but now, now I don't care...

Edited by @PRUNKgaming
  • Sad 2

40 minutes ago, @PRUNKgaming said:

WW3, for me, is quickly turning into a game I'll likely only play when a new patch comes out and I'm not the only one feeling that way.

Same. I played with some Friends some time ago. Loved to get into vehicles with someone as a gunner and feel the epic teamwork. Now the turrets don't work anymore. Health station in base is buggy as hell and the netcode does not keep up with hits onto fast vehicles.

And the only thing I get is for months "thanks reported". No time when or nothing. I don't blame them. 

I just moved on to other Games. 0.5 does not look like it fixed any of these issues so lets wait for 0.6. or 0.7 and so on.

• Like 1

I think that sadly Devs don't know what they are doing :( Game was very stable before 0.3 , sure it wasn't optimized and wasn't running good on worse PCs ut since 20th of December (0.3 Patch) is a trainwreck, there is hardly any new content (sure we got some TDM maps but they are versions of already existing maps), there are issues all over the game (crashes, ping), Smolensk was a huge failure, 0.4.4 was even worse fiasco. We don't have any timetables for updates, Recon isn't even IN THE GAME, there is no promotion, no communication. Player numbers are just sad, but even worse devs aren't doing a thing about it. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

I think that sadly Devs don't know what they are doing :( Game was very stable before 0.3 , sure it wasn't optimized and wasn't running good on worse PCs ut since 20th of December (0.3 Patch) is a trainwreck, there is hardly any new content (sure we got some TDM maps but they are versions of already existing maps), there are issues all over the game (crashes, ping), Smolensk was a huge failure, 0.4.4 was even worse fiasco. We don't have any timetables for updates, Recon isn't even IN THE GAME, there is no promotion, no communication. Player numbers are just sad, but even worse devs aren't doing a thing about it. 

And there is Virgil, who like TZoningHard is  posting the same text again again and again. And IMO saying that Smolensk was a failure makes urself failure as FPS player.

• Like 1

Hey there, we also think this is a big problem and we've started the weekly reports precisely to combat this. We've started with small and easy to do updates and plan to expand them and add more and more information each week. This week's report will be out in a few hours once we've got the translations done and it's a cool one - worth waiting for!

For anyone not sure how to get more info, subscribe to our newsletter, we're sending the reports there first. 

2 hours ago, Virgil said:

but even worse devs aren't doing a thing about it. 

Well that's not true, but you wouldn't know this, because we didn't say it officially, so it makes sense that some people seem to think we've given up - which couldn't be farther from the truth, as we're still hiring new people and we even taken over another floor in our building. We're now gearing towards fixing the crashing and bug issues we have and then we'll be beack to adding new features.

As I wrote in the last week's report:

We’ve added a new game mode (and currently testing the second one), new weapons, new outfits, new vehicles (including a Combat Heli Drone - available on PTE right now), 3 new TDM maps, made the game run at least twice as fast and load more than 80% faster. We’ve fixed thousands of bugs and crashes and are really proud of the amount of changes we made.

As for the low player base - we think this is related to the amount of technical problems mostly, which is why we wanted to change our development to make sure stuff is fixed before we start on next thing. After the game is fixed, we have a lot of promotional plans. Problem is that people seem to think stuff like this can be done overnight - and it can't, it takes a lot of time.

Good thing we gave ourselves the 12-15 months in Early Access to figure this stuff out then, right?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

Is Smoleńsk in the game ? Or was it taken down ? 

It was removed from the game, it's possible it'll come back soon. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Virgil said:

Is Smoleńsk in the game ? Or was it taken down ? 

It was moved away from roster because of  THAT KIND OF ... I can't find a word, that will properly describe TS of the theme below, that'll not be moderated later.

And 1 more thing. Check 3rd weekly raport. And ask urself: is it rly the Smolensk map fault that it was removed from rotation?

Me: Хотеть!/Do want!

1 question: WHEN?

I don't know why, I know that any significant update was moved or removed (like Smolensk) nobody expects devs to solve some issues overnight, but it has been 3 months ! Maybe even more as game was poorly optimized back in 0.2. For 3 months we didn't get any significant update as both Smolensk and Recon were moved and tons of different bugs and issues. Even with 3rd weekly raport - it's bunch of promises and not even an ETA. Why should players stay with this game ? 0.4.4 and Smolens is just amateurish , there is no effort to bring players in and that pool was a joke - it was like asking - if somebody should his/hers work. And there was hardly any brad new content - for 5 months since launch we got bunch of TDM maps and some weapons as both new maps and modes were pushed update to update. 

PTE is also like excuse to have more time as with those number of players is just wast of time pushing patch notes and update notes for both main version and PTE is just confusing and divide player base. With 100 people playing who cares about PTE ? And then devs instead of playtesting updates properly use it as excuse that something was working on PTE (hello update 0.3 and Smolensk). 

• Confused 1

Smolensk it's coming to you p.c. complete and ready for armor vehicles combat !!

Looks real good and will change the pace for battle , get ready for a good fun field combat !! Get ur cammo ready and drones!!

Thnks FARM 51 Looking good!!

Cheers!!

HALCON4 - WW3 - k4to01

Edited by HALCON4
sig,
  • Like 3

18 hours ago, Virgil said:

I don't know why, I know that any significant update was moved or removed (like Smolensk) nobody expects devs to solve some issues overnight, but it has been 3 months ! Maybe even more as game was poorly optimized back in 0.2. For 3 months we didn't get any significant update as both Smolensk and Recon were moved and tons of different bugs and issues. Even with 3rd weekly raport - it's bunch of promises and not even an ETA. Why should players stay with this game ? 0.4.4 and Smolens is just amateurish , there is no effort to bring players in and that pool was a joke - it was like asking - if somebody should his/hers work. And there was hardly any brad new content - for 5 months since launch we got bunch of TDM maps and some weapons as both new maps and modes were pushed update to update. 

PTE is also like excuse to have more time as with those number of players is just wast of time pushing patch notes and update notes for both main version and PTE is just confusing and divide player base. With 100 people playing who cares about PTE ? And then devs instead of playtesting updates properly use it as excuse that something was working on PTE (hello update 0.3 and Smolensk). 

Almost every post you made on the forum were only complainings about an UNFINISHED product which you bought, you did not make a single bug report to help improve the game. Smolensk was an alpha version [PROTOTYPE] of the map, community want it to be removed, so we did it, where it was a fiasco? 0.4.4 patch was just a stability patch, more or less important. There is no effort to bring players back? There is no point to bring them in this state of the game when it's not stable, we promote the game now and what? The product is not ready to be fully playable and enjoyable, they gonna leave, because people will no understand keyword which is Early Access. No one forced people to buy the product now, it's been their choice, same as main and same as yours. I know what I bought and I will help to improve in one or other way.

Recon mode is already tested by a closed group of users, you also had a chance to play it now, guess what? You can sign-up for the test even twice. But you didn't do it, what for...

The roadmap will be updated sooner or later it's just to busy and no one work 24/7/365, that's why 0.3 patch update had a failure. You don't get exactly ETA, because there is no exact ETA to drop a patch, when we will be sure everything is right, the patch will be deployed, we had a voting last week, most of the people want us to slow down and do everything right instead like you push updates every week which doesn't work as intended, and those people understand term EA and will wait, play the game in the state as it is or just keep living. You should wait a year for a full release and then buy it.

Past 5 months there's been a lot of things added, we still got over 10 months to add the rest of the stuff and as a community decided, a rush in deploying patches is not needed, they will wait.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

Yep it's the same old excuses over and over again ;) you've been saying same stuff since before 0.3. 

Did you do crash tests before launch ? Nope - you didn't care and game just imploded 

Did you do proper internal tests before 0.3 ? Nope - you just used PTE as excuse (PTE that was almost empty) and then went of out of sight for almost a month, leaving player with totally broken game 

Nope there wasn't a lot of things added in the last 5 months - from really new stuff there was 3 TDM maps(based on already exisiting maps) added in 5 months, unless you count new weapons or tanks as "a lot" and who cares about new weapon when game is crashing like crazy or there is noone to play with ? 

Voting was just another lame excuse, it was devs fault not to do crash tests before launch, and then playtest every update before releasing it. 0.3 broke the game, it's not like players left the game it was about releasing more bugs with every update.

• Angry 1

47 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Yep it's the same old excuses over and over again ;) you've been saying same stuff since before 0.3. 

Did you do crash tests before launch ? Nope - you didn't care and game just imploded 

Did you do proper internal tests before 0.3 ? Nope - you just used PTE as excuse (PTE that was almost empty) and then went of out of sight for almost a month, leaving player with totally broken game 

Nope there wasn't a lot of things added in the last 5 months - from really new stuff there was 3 TDM maps(based on already exisiting maps) added in 5 months, unless you count new weapons or tanks as "a lot" and who cares about new weapon when game is crashing like crazy or there is noone to play with ? 

Voting was just another lame excuse, it was devs fault not to do crash tests before launch, and then playtest every update before releasing it. 0.3 broke the game, it's not like players left the game it was about releasing more bugs with every update.

It's not an excuse, the game is in EA and that's a fact. There's been no crash during launch, master server cannot handle the number of connections from thousands of players and it has been rewritten, people worked 72 hours straight to resolve the problem.

Internal test before 0.3? F51 employs over 150 persons, there's around 50 of them working on WW3 (I can be wrong), we don't have many persons to do the internal testing as the AAA companies. You can read about it here:

For some people, there have been not enough things added or done for 5 months, but you probably have no idea, how much time consuming is developing the game, no one forced you to buy, you should find a finished title without bug's cuz they probably non-exist in finished products - my thoughts based on your opinion.

Read all the patch notes, what has been changed, if you don't like new guns, maps, there's been many more adjustments.

Voting wasn't an excuse, we want to know what you want, as you can notice, people don't want broken patches anymore, so let Developers do their job. If you don't enjoy the game now, see ya later. I do not think there is any common sense to keep a conversation with you...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Nice try to avoid answering questions 

Did you do crash tests before launch ? I didn't say that there were crashes, you do crash tests to ensure that servers will hold heavy load. No you didn't do this as some streamers (bigfry ?) even called you out about it before launch. 

EA is not an excuse, there are several EA games that are playable - Rust, The Forest, Green Hell. Squad was in EA as well if I remember well and it didn't drop to 150 peaks, so please don't use it as excuse. It was nice try, but EA doesn't mean that game is not playable to majority of players for several reasons. 

"people don't want broken patches" that's hilarious, what else will you come up with ? People don't like to be sick, people don't like to have hangover, people don't like taxes ? Are you  Einstein ? It was your JOB don't to release broken patches, you released borken patch and went for month long holiday and you wonder why people don't play WW3 ? Becasue Devs failed at their job - badly. You really needed voting to came up with conclusion that "people don't want broken patches"?  WOW ! 

Now it's excuses :

- it's EA (but other EA games tend to work more or less fine, even No Man's Sky was playable for majority of people even if it didn't live up to expectations but it wasn't broken to death, I mentioned Squad and other EA games, SCUM was playable from the start without game breaking crashes with every update)

- it worked on PTE (sure it did , PTE was close to empty) 

- master served didn't work ( but you didn't crash test it) 

- people didn't want Smolensk (becasue it looked like horse you want what and it was crashing ) 

So what major feautures did you bring to the game in 5 months (excluding 3 TDM maps as they are based on already exisiting maps)  ? 

• Confused 1
  • Angry 1

7 hours ago, Virgil said:

I don't think PTE split players, there is no players, I would love test new patches but there is no one to do it with.

Dont get it why, mostly time play the same people, what is problem go all of us on PTE, maps are better why don't try it? instead complain.

Edited by fikost

I tried PTE it's mainly empty wasteland few hourse after new patch/update goes live on it. It's a waste of time and another way for devs to make excuses like it happened with 0.3 

And another days and nothing new happened, player numbers are dropping, its fanastic work by devs ! Well Done 

@Virgil

I know you are angry 'cause you like the game and want it to succeed and it's not moving fast enough for you. I feel you I really do but it won't change over night tho.

Just step back and play some other game for some time and come back later. Don't frustrate yourself or others over this.

Edited by Fullback
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 godzin temu, Fullback napisał:

@Virgil

I know you are angry 'cause you like the game and want it to succeed and it's not moving fast enough for you. I feel you I really do but it won't change over night tho.

Just step back and play some other game for some time and come back later. Don't frustrate youself or others over this.

Not really I am not angry at all. I don't expect antything to happen overnight, but it has been 3 months since 0.3. And Devs are using same excuses (it's EA, it was working on PTE, we need more time) over and over again. And when I aksed if the did stress test (of servers before launch) or extensive internal testing before releasing updates they go agressive :D Which is funny as it's on them.EA excuse is most lame - SCUM or SQUAD are/were games in EA and they didn't have that kind of problems, maybe because devs of those games know how to do their job ?  don't know. Times of broken/unplayable EA games are long gone on Steam and using EA as exucuse is just slap in the face for players.

Saying that players voted that they do't want broken patches ? How stupid and lame is that ? Maybe they should make a pool and ask if players want to be sick ? To make such vote shows total lack of repect towards player base. IT'S DEVS JOB TO RELEASE WORKING UPDATES. Do we need a vote about this ?   

Also if you're frustated by someone giving an opinion on open forum, maybe you should step back and don't come here ? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

25 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Devs are using same excuses (it's EA,

FYI, this 1 excuse is more than enough. They can type that anytime and add STFU and  GTFO. BUT moderators are wasting their time to answer to ur dumb non-stop repeating whine.

And many things that we didn't like were tweaked or fixed . We asked here - they were fixed. For example, now I'm usually using Loitering Ammo instead of Quadrocopter. It's not so agile in terms of usage but definitely more fun to dive while pressing F. And in .5 PTE it's even more easier to control. Why? Mb because devs are fixing it, since we've asked them about it? What did u do to fix things u do not like? Nothing? And plz, don't type here about lagging and bugs, and crashes and  that devs don't want to do their work. Something specifically YOU don't like? No. There is nothing from u here. And no, don't answer me, better type something  useful in another theme. Something useful. Like I'm trying to do in PTE forum. U know what? I have almost 40 hours in PTE version. And almost half of it was on empty server. Where did I whine, that PTE is  almost always empty?

• Like 3

@tynblpbLOL :D And you complain about whinning ? Your whole post is one, huge whine. You ask me to write something useful?  - so maybe you should use your own advice first as there is nothing USEFUL in what you wrote - just another crybaby stuff.  

I've played many EA games including multiplayer games like SCUM or SQUAD and none of them were introducing game-breaking updates so yeah EA is not an excuse for not doing server crash tests before launch and internal playtesting before updates. Unless you want to make a point that in EA game you might not do playtests at all. 

And who cares how many hours you played on PTE ? If you were running around empty server you didn't help much - look at 0.3 failure. 

Edited by Virgil

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

@tynblpbLOL :D And you complain about whinning ? Your whole post is one, huge whine. You ask me to write something useful?  - so maybe you should use your own advice first as there is nothing USEFUL in what you wrote - just another crybaby stuff.  

I've played many EA games including multiplayer games like SCUM or SQUAD and none of them were introducing game-breaking updates so yeah EA is not an excuse for not doing server crash tests before launch and internal playtesting before updates. Unless you want to make a point that in EA game you might not do playtests at all. 

And who cares how many hours you played on PTE ? If you were running around empty server you didn't help much - look at 0.3 failure. 

Please stop trolling this thread, your behavior won't be tolerated on this forum, you repeat yourself in every post. Developers know what mistake they made at launch and 0.3 update and will try to avoid it in the future. You bring no common sense into this thread, you trying to catch their attention? they not going to waste time for you.

Peace.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

I've spent a few hours myself running around solo on PTE and it's actually been a rather productive time, especially before they fixed the Z bug that was letting people pass through some walls. I think I reported 12 walls alone. Many more existed and solo PTE runs are how they were found by many.

I'm not happy with the current state of WW3 either -  but I think it's best you just leave this one alone. You've clearly got a critical mindset and view on things and I'd hate to see you muted or banned from the forum when your point has already been made. No need to beat a dead horse. Maybe just give it a good smack every other month ;)

Come play Div 2 with me! Or Deep Rock Galactic - that game is heaps of fun!