Sign in to follow this  
nubbits

Keep community more up to date

@weedtime I'm not trolling I asked some serious question and you(and other devs) run away from them like spoiled child:

- why there was no stress test before launch?

- why there was no internal playtesting of 0.3 or 0.4.4 (which casued crashes and was taken down) ?

- why you're using same EA excuse when other multiplayer EA games work more or less fine and ARE PLAYABLE ?

- why are you manipulating with player base by asking question if the want updates that aren't broken (isn't it obvious?) 

- what major updates to game content did you released during 5 months (not counting 3TDM maps based on existing maps) ? 

Because for 5 months you released 3TDM maps (so there is hardly any new content, unless you wanna count new skins and weapons in broken game) and didn't fix the game as it works worse then before 0.3 so the whole "voting" was just to create another excuse and you said it yourself - "people don't want broken patches anymore" . So you added 3 TDM maps and broke the game even more in the last 5 monts. 

I asked questions and then some respones just attacked me without adressing questions I raised and I'm getting a warning ? Because you are not able to answer my question don't mean that you got to threaten me with warnings. 

• Angry 1

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

- why you're using same EA excuse when other multiplayer EA games work more or less fine and ARE PLAYABLE ?

- why are you manipulating with player base by asking question if the want updates that aren't broken (isn't it obvious?) 

- what major updates to game content did you released during 5 months (not counting 3TDM maps based on existing maps) ? 

Because for 5 months you released 3TDM maps (so there is hardly any new content, unless you wanna count new skins and weapons in broken game) and didn't fix the game as it works worse then before 0.3 so the whole "voting" was just to create another excuse and you said it yourself - "people don't want broken patches anymore" . So you added 3 TDM maps and broke the game even more in the last 5 monts. 

I asked questions and then some respones just attacked me without adressing questions I raised and I'm getting a warning ? Because you are not able to answer my question don't mean that you got to threaten me with warnings. 

U rly are trolling or simply a moron...

-Why are u comparing RPG survivor games with Multiplay FPS where gameplay is much MUCH more intense? And FYI Squad is still in EA stage. For how much, 3 yrs already? And for me, WW3  is  pretty much playable. No client side crashes for last 2 weeks minimum. Lucky me!

-Devs are asking: do u want more content, that MIGHT be broken, because nobody is perfect and devs too can do mistakes OR do u  want us(devs) to make current version more polished. Nobody is asking "do u want broken game or not". If u can't understand that - u r moron, if  don't want to understand that - u r trolling.

-And I will not type here about things, devs added, like Abrams, Boxer, buggy, BTR-90 in 0.5, new weapons, new skins, new voiceovers and language localizations, new TDM Berlin(shut up plz, it's AWESOME), SMOLENSK. I'll type just these few words:

NEW. SOUND. DESIGN.

After hearing what WW3 IS since 0.4 was added I'll never switch back to earlier versions of the game, NO MATTER how much more stable they are. But u still can cover ur ears and say that u can't hear any difference and keep telling us that devs just do nothing.

Edited by tynblpb

10 hours ago, Virgil said:

@weedtime I'm not trolling I asked some serious question and you(and other devs) run away from them like spoiled child:

- why there was no stress test before launch?

- why there was no internal playtesting of 0.3 or 0.4.4 (which casued crashes and was taken down) ?

There was a stress test before launch but it wasn't good enough they said they had 10000 people but when live happen 11000 crashed it.

There was internals but when ever these devs move the patch from PTE/Dev testing servers to live the patch messes up. (maybe its the anticheat being turned on)

Game is pretty playable for a huge portion of people. I personally get 80 fps and do not crash. If some one has a low tier dont expect to run the game and reading the EA info page made by steam and based on how game dev works stuff will break from time to time. that is natural. Also list what EA multiplayer games work well, I dont even know of any other ones on steam.

The game has been overhauled multiple for both gameplay and technical code. times a lot and they added 4 new weapons and 3 new vehicles along with a new game mode and 3 new maps and changes to existing maps.

The biggest problem I see is that PTE works amazing then something makes the game break or not work as well on Live. Plus I think the game was more fun back during .1-.2 before  a lot of these changes like weight, armor, ttk, recoil, balance changes, and score/bp BP happened.

Edited by TZoningHard
  • Like 1

There's still gonna' be a lot more changes coming, this is the nature of our EA.

There's gonna' be production schedule updates coming sometime soon, you guys will learn more then.

• Thanks 1

I haven't checked in for a while, like others I stopped playing mostly due to not being able to find full games consistently. Then other games started coming out... Metro, Anthem, Division, and I needed the SSD space so WW3 had to go :(. Really hope to come back to the game soon.

I have full confidence in the developers and while I haven't checked in for a few months, it looks like developer communication is still excellent and you guys are going full-steam ahead with production. Delaying new content to fix current content is a good move IMO. Anthem is going through a bit of that right now and it is helping the game quite a bit.

Sidenote: sad to see Smolensk is removed? That was my favorite WW3 experience by far. Even though the textures/design wasn't finished, I thought that map brought out the best of what WW3 has to offer (current build of the game at least, we'll see what the future brings!).

25 minutes ago, DoctorMcBatman said:

I haven't checked in for a while, like others I stopped playing mostly due to not being able to find full games consistently. Then other games started coming out... Metro, Anthem, Division, and I needed the SSD space so WW3 had to go :(. Really hope to come back to the game soon.

I have full confidence in the developers and while I haven't checked in for a few months, it looks like developer communication is still excellent and you guys are going full-steam ahead with production. Delaying new content to fix current content is a good move IMO. Anthem is going through a bit of that right now and it is helping the game quite a bit.

Sidenote: sad to see Smolensk is removed? That was my favorite WW3 experience by far. Even though the textures/design wasn't finished, I thought that map brought out the best of what WW3 has to offer (current build of the game at least, we'll see what the future brings!).

Smolensk comeback soon - finished and with textures.

• Like 6

Just wanted to say that this response was unprecedented, and I would have replied earlier if I hadn't been so busy this week.

Thanks so much for all the people at F51 for reading through the forums and taking us seriously, because you clearly do care about what you're making, and the time you've taken to go through this post and make sure we're all in the loop on this really has returned my confidence in this game.

And to @Virgil,

mate, these guys haven't really had much experience before with online FPS. Did the first few weeks suck ass? Yeah. But the servers were fixed. And then they added TDM instead of working on Recon because the community asked for a faster paced game mode. As a Recon tester, I can tell you that they've also done a lot of work on that as well, and that that will be worth at least checking out. 0.3 was glitchy as hell, and reporting crashes was a pain for everyone, and that's part of the reason that they put forward a vote: because they want to do what the community wants. Background engine fixes take ages without changing content, so sometimes they have to choose to prioritise content.

I think the problem you have is that you were expecting the type of early access that is seen on most games now, where the dev calls it EA as a way to try and to a final test of what is practically a finished game without pushing it out to the public. F51 is instead releasing it as an actual early access: unfinished but playable experience, with more than a year total of development time before release, and I trust them because they have consistently tried to put in what we've asked for.

I know a lot of people are annoyed at the developers for what has happened with this game, but they're really playing the long game, so if you're expecting it to be finished soon then I'm sorry it's not what you wanted, but it is going to get there eventually.

• Like 7