Dunabar

7 Guns that could enhance WW3 - Special Weapons

Hey folks, time for yet again another "Guns that could enhance WW3" post and this time we will be covering the "Special" category of weapons. Now I will be flat out honest here, I'm not sure what this category is for beyond currently being occupied by the only Rocket Launcher in game, so I'm going to take a shot in the darkness, and say that "Special" is just short for "Special Weapons." Could I be wrong on this? Of course it's 50/50 really and one could say "Well there is another Rocket Launcher coming, so Special could just be a placeholder name for Rocket Launchers in the future." Yeah, it could be indeed and it's easy to see why one could take that stance. But, I'm going to go a little nuts, attempt to stretch my legs, and stick with my shadow shot guess of it being "Special Weapons" to make this post a bit more interesting. Get ready folks, this might be a salty trip down pack-a-punch lane and a bit of a predictable one given the lack of innovation outside of highly important safety features which ultimately mean nothing in terms of WW3 gameplay.

Also yes yes, I know. These are not all "Guns" in the most traditional sense of the word, but all my prior posts were "Guns that could enhance WW3" and I just did it for the sake of the title post. Don't be giving me a lot of grief over wanting to be as consistent as possible with these posts. ? Had I started with these instead of the LMGs, I probably would have called these posts "Weapons that could enhance WW3", but that came really late to me as I had just finished creating the LMG post at that time.

You all know how this works by now. Before we can talk about what could be in the game, we must first see what is currently in the game, and much like Battle Rifles I have a lot of room to stretch but with less headaches.

Current Special Weapons we have in-Game

RPG-7

image.thumb.jpeg.fdbfdcd46d1f3d3295620ab36c01686f.jpeg

"Self-propelled grenade launcher of Russian origin. Can equip a number of specialized warheads." - WW3 description

Real Life Stats

In-game Stats

• Weight: 17.1
  • Recoil: 0.5
  • Spread: 1.5
  • Reload time: 3.3s
  • RPM: 60
  • Caliber: 40mm
  • Ammunition Capacity: 1
  • Top Damage Range: Max across the board
  • Damage Drop off Range: None

Carl Gustav M4 - Currently on the Roadmap

image.jpeg.e02d014d3f53d9a504067c162e75f5de.jpeg

WW3 description Not Available

Real Life Stats

In-game Stats

-Not in Game Yet.

Now, with this information in hand it's time to get to the real fun of the post with the new weapon suggestions. Much like all of my other posts of Weapons that could enhance WW3, I will be using the colors Green to indicate where a gun is better, Red where a gun is worse, Yellow where a gun is even or competitive.

A side reminder for folks -  When I'm suggesting/comparing weapons, I'm basing my comparisons for a "stock" weapon in game against another stock weapon in game. If I try to do stats for every customization option, I will never finish these posts. The Developers obviously get the final say in the balance stats, so take my proposed stats as more of a suggestion for a general direction the weapon should be designed towards as I cannot actually test these stats to confirm balance or imbalance.

Special Weapons that could enhance WW3

#1. Panzerfaust 3

image.jpeg.813f8ff6284f66280c4dc78404e4cb81.jpeg

- The "Armor Fist" or Panzerfaust 3, is a modern disposable recoilless anti-Tank Weapon (Above image is the Panzerfaust 3-IT600.) Created in West Germany originally, it was designed to give infantry a effective weapon against contemporary Russian armour, replacing the aging PzF 44 Light Lanze launchers and the heavy Carl-Gustav 84mm anti-tank recoilless rifle. Today the Panzerfaust 3 has found it's way into the hands of other nations outside of Germany, such as Austria, South Korea, Italy, Peru, and others.

Real Life Stats

Proposed in-game Stats & Comparison Stats

• PF3 Weight: 28.00 vs RPG-7 (17.1)
  • PF3 Recoil: 0.3 vs RPG-7 (0.5)
  • PF3 Spread: 1.0 vs RPG-7 (1.5)
  • PF3 Reload time: Disposable vs RPG-7 (3.3s)
  • PF3 RPM: 1 vs RPG-7 (60)
  • PF3 Caliber: 110mm vs RPG-7 (40mm)
  • PF3 Ammunition Capacity: 1 vs RPG-7 (1)
  • PF3 Top Damage Range: Max vs RPG-7 (Max)
  • PF3 Damage Drop off Range: None vs RPG-7 (None)
  • PF3 Minimum Arming Range: 20 Meters

- If added to the game, the Panzerfaust 3 would be a noteworthy upgrade from the RPG-7 when it comes to dealing with enemy vehicles directly, but a downgrade when combating enemy infantry. Though the Panzerfaust has little variant in it's ammunition, both types are focused towards combating enemy vehicles with the 3-T Tandem HEAT being the strongest of the two. But, a Player should not be able to bring both types into a game. Instead they need to choose between the two. The standard round can make the weapon overall lighter, but pack a smaller AT punch, and the 3T Tandem making the weapon overall heavier, but pack a larger AT punch. No matter which one is chosen though, the user should need to visit the Equipment Bag (since they're getting a whole new Launcher tube & everything else involved) to get a fresh Panzerfaust 3.

But, what if the user was wanting something that was stronger, had fire-mode-flexibility, but required regular visits to the ammunition bag, no alternative ammunition options, and was largely ineffective against infantry?

#2. NLAW

image.jpeg.1eaf2e315803470265e0ba01ef7349ca.jpeg

- The NLAW, also known as the Main Battle Tank and Light Anti-Tank Weapon (MBT LAW) is a joint design between Sweden & United Kingdom, creating a short-range fire-and-forget anti-tank missile system. While the weapon sees fair usage in Sweden, United Kingdoms, Indonesia, Finland, and other places. The weapon is disposable and thus a new NLAW will be needed should the current one fail or miss some how.

Real Life Stats

• Origin: Sweden/United Kingdom
  • Weight: 12.5 KG or 27.5 LB
  • Recoil: N/A
  • Spread: N/A
  • Reload time: None
  • RPM: 1
  • Calibers: 150mm
  • Ammunition types: HEAT Round
  • Special Feature: Fire-and-Forget and Direct Attack Mode
  • Effective Range: 20 - 600 Meters or 21.8 - 656 Yards
  • Maximum Range: 1,000 Meters or 1093 Yards
  • Info 1: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MBT_LAW
  • Info 2: http://www.military-today.com/missiles/nlaw.htm

• NLAW Weight: 26.00 vs RPG-7 (17.1)
  • NLAW Recoil: 1.0  vs RPG-7 (0.5)
  • NLAW Spread: 0.5 vs RPG-7 (1.5)
  • NLAW Reload time: Disposable vs RPG-7 (3.3s)
  • NLAW RPM: 1 vs RPG-7 (60)
  • NLAW Caliber: 150mm vs RPG-7 (40mm)
  • NLAW Ammunition Capacity: 1 vs RPG-7 (1)
  • NLAW Top Damage Range: Max vs RPG-7 (Max)
  • NLAW Damage Drop off Range: None vs RPG-7 (None)
  • NLAW Minimum Arming Range: 20 Meters

- If added to the game, NLAW could give a players that rare fire mode select option present in Rocket Launchers in the form of Direct Attack and Fire-And-Forget. With Direct Attack mode they will shoot the NLAW like they would any other rocket Launcher. However, with Fire-And-Forget the Missile should fly up to the turret of the Vehicle (if the Vehicle has a turret) and explode thus delivering a shower of hot shrapnel across the turret that can damage Optics, APS Systems (if the APS hasn't destroyed the missile in flight), RWC, and Turret Armor while doing a modicum of damage to the Vehicle itself (for balance reasons, not realistic reasons.) However, this comes at the cost of a heavy special weapon, regular Equipment Bag visits, and it isn't effective against Infantry short of a direct hit.

But, what if the user wanted something that could ignore the APS system all together in exchange for less flexibility and a lighter punch?

#3. RPG-30

image.jpeg.c0f8f1e886f51054baef735ede30caff.jpeg

- The RPG-30 was designed as answer to the development of the Active Protection Systems (APS) being installed on Main Battle Tanks. The RPG-30 has quickly shown it's promise, passing all it's field test, and officially becoming part of the Russian Military Inventory. This has earned the weapon even more notoriety with the Pentagon of the United States, citing the RPG-30 as a asymmetrical threat to U.S Armed Forces. However, Israeli Defense reported that the Rafael Military-Industrial Corporation developed the defense system "Trench Coat" to directly counter the RPG-30, and supplement the Trophy Defense System.

Real Life Stats

• Origin: Russia
  • Weight:  10 KG or 22 LB
  • Recoil: N/A
  • Spread: N/A
  • Reload time: None
  • RPM: 2
  • Calibers: 105mm and 33mm
  • Ammunition types: PG-30 with Tandem-Charge Warhead and 30mm Decoy Rocket
  • Special Feature: Fires two rockets at once
  • Effective Range: 200 Meters or 218 Yards
  • Maximum Range: 200 Meters or 218 Yards
  • Info 1: https://guns.fandom.com/wiki/RPG-30
  • Info 2: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RPG-30

• RPG-30 Weight: 24.50 vs RPG-7 (17.1)
  • RPG-30 Recoil: 1.0 vs RPG-7 (0.5)
  • RPG-30 Spread: 1.8 vs RPG-7 (1.5)
  • RPG-30 Reload time: Disposable vs RPG-7 (3.3s)
  • RPG-30 RPM: 2 vs RPG-7 (60)
  • RPG-30 Caliber: 105mm Tandem Warhead vs RPG-7 (40mm)
  • RPG-30 Ammunition Capacity: 2 vs RPG-7 (1)
  • RPG-30 Top Damage Range: Max vs RPG-7 (Max)
  • RPG-30 Damage Drop off Range: None vs RPG-7 (None)
  • RPG-30 Minimum Arming Range: 20 Meters

- If added to the game, the RPG-30 would be an Anti-Armor & Anti-APS Rocket Launcher, delivering a strong punch to enemy Vehicles while defeating Active Protection Systems with it's decoy 30mm Rocket that is fired just before the 105mm Tandem Warhead. Though the RPG-30 lacks guidance systems to increase it's chance to hit it's target, the 30mm decoy rocket intercepting the APS of a Vehicle more than makes up for it. However, much like the NLAW & Panzerfaust 3, users of the RPG-30 will need to regularly visits to the Equipment bag since they're getting a whole new Launcher tube.

But, what if a Player wants something that could damage Vehicles, but was mainly better at dealing with Infantry and any Items of interest in the area?..

#4. M202A1 Flash

image.jpeg.e3673e42a14d6c701ab6f114b40b0ece.jpeg

- Designed to replace the vintage WW2 Flamethrowers, the M202 Flash (the M202A1 being the modernized version of it) saw first usage in the Vietnam war. However, while lighter than the old flamethrowers, the Flash was bulkier, and it's ammunition prone to destructive leaks if not properly stored. While the weapon has seen limited use, it was last reported in the U.S inventory during the current War in Afghanistan.

Real Life Stats

• M202A1 Weight: 26.0 vs RPG-7 (17.1)
  • M202A1 Recoil: 1.5 vs RPG-7 (0.5)
  • M202A1 Spread: 2.0 vs RPG-7 (1.5)
  • M202A1 Reload time: 7s vs RPG-7 (3.3s)
  • M202A1 RPM: 190 vs RPG-7 (60)
  • M202A1 Caliber: 66mm vs RPG-7 (40mm)
  • M202A1 Ammunition Capacity: 4 vs RPG-7 (1)
  • M202A1 Top Damage Range: Max vs RPG-7 (Max)
  • M202A1 Damage Drop off Range: None vs RPG-7 (None)
  • Minimum Arming Range: 20 Meters

- If added to the game, the M202A1 Flash could serve a multi-role function. Against Vehicles the weapon will do very little direct damage, but will do more damage over time as the Vehicle stays in the blast zone of the Incendiary Rocket. Against Infantry & Items the weapon is very deadly as anyone or anything caught in the blast zone of the rocket will be burned to ashes, leaving behind a area of fire that burns for about 5-10 seconds, and adds a damage over time effect on anyone or anything that wanders into it (10 damage per effect stack & tick of damage for 5 seconds at most.) However, this comes at the cost of a Heavy Weapon that is slow to reload, has no alternative ammunition options, and is very inaccurate at further ranges.

But, what if the Player was willing to give up some of that destructive power for something lighter, that had more ammunition capacity, and had a bit more strategic flexibility?..

#5. Milkor MGL

image.jpeg.fb27977bbfc220577a78e9e347a26048.jpeg

- The Milkor MGL out of South Africa was the first Multi-shot 40mm hand-held weapon to be mass produced. While the Milkor MGL has seen different variants and improvements made on it, but the weapon has largely stayed the same in terms of general design. Though highly praised by many different users, the one regular complaint is the need to manually reset the firing pins by completely rotating the ammunition cylinders back around before reloading all 6 40MM Grenades one at a time.

Real Life Stats

• MGL Weight: 13 vs RPG-7 (17.1)
  • MGL Recoil: 1.0 vs RPG-7 (0.5)
  • MGL Spread: 2.5 vs RPG-7 (1.5)
  • MGL Reload time: 6.5s vs RPG-7 (3.3s)
  • MGL RPM: 180 vs RPG-7 (60)
  • MGL Caliber40mm vs RPG-7 (40mm)
  • MGL Ammunition Capacity: 6 vs RPG-7 (1)
  • MGL Top Damage Range: Max vs RPG-7 (Max)
  • MGL Damage Drop off Range: None vs RPG-7 (None)
  • MGL Minimum Arming Range: 14 Meters (Excluding the Smoke Round I will be listing)

- If added to the game, the MGL should serve primarily as an Anti-Infantry, Anti-Light Armor, & Cover Buster weapon, so I would skip on giving it any real powerful Anti-Armor ammunition. I know this may not be looked on too favorably by some in the Community. But, if the MGL could do equal or greater damage than the RPG-7 vs. IFVs, AFVs, & MBTs, then there would be no reason to take the RPG-7 over the MGL except for the faster reload, and that is simply because the Ammunition Capacity & Rate of Fire of the MGL would overwhelm the Armored Vehicle in short notice. So for it's ammunition types I would offer High Explosive as the standard Anti-Infantry/Anti-Light Armor ammunition. Then for the extra Ammunition options I would go with Air Burst for Anti-Infantry/Cover Busting (explodes after 3 seconds of air time to shower an area in shrapnel), and Smoke Rounds for providing smoke cover for about 8-12 seconds. However, to help differ the MGL from the RPG-7, I would also give the MGL a "Lob Fire Mode", allowing the weapon to be adjusted to fire an additional X (45 in my opinion) degrees angle higher, giving the user the ability to blind fire easier from behind cover.

But, what if a person was willing to trade off that large ammunition capacity and rate of fire for something lighter, faster to reload, and could be used as an emergency shotgun?...

#6. Brügger & Thomet GL06

image.jpeg.532747838a856a612314cbd32653bd27.jpeg

- The B&T GL06 is a stand-alone, shoulder-fired 40mm Grenade launcher intended for Military & Law Enforcement usage. The GL06 has shown that for being lighter than other weapons of the same class, it could offer it's users better accuracy, and tactical flexibility.

Real Life Stats

• GL06 Weight: 6.0 vs RPG-7 (17.1)
  • GL06 Recoil: 0.8 vs RPG-7 (0.5)
  • GL06 Spread: 1.2 vs RPG-7 (1.5)
  • GL06 Reload time: 2.5s vs RPG-7 (3.3s)
  • GL06 RPM: 75 vs RPG-7 (60)
  • GL06 Caliber: 40mm vs RPG-7 (40mm)
  • GL06 Ammunition Capacity: 1 vs RPG-7 (1)
  • GL06 Top Damage Range: Max vs RPG-7 (Max)
  • GL06 Damage Drop off Range: None vs RPG-7 (None)
  • GL06 Minimum Arming Range: 14 Meters (Excluding the Smoke & M576 rounds I will be listing)

- If added to the game, the GL06 (on the surface) would seem like the equal, to some what better version of the RPG-7. However, much like the MGL, the GL06 should not have access to real powerful anti-Armor munitions. The strongest Anti-Armor munition it should have access to is the standard 40mm HE round as it's default round of ammunition. Extra ammunition options should be a Smoke round and a M576 or "Buckshot" round that turns the GL06 into a 1 shot Shotgun for Anti-Infantry usage, or a close-range Optic/Device destroyer on Armored Vehicles. However, to further the difference between the GL06 & RPG-7 the GL06 should have a larger "bullet drop" to it for those longer distances.

But, what if the player doesn't want any sort of Grenade or Rocket Launcher, but they still want something different from the other standard weapons?..

#7. L5 Ribbon Gun

image.thumb.jpeg.e79f80670572110b5f670f60af18585d.jpeg

- The L5 Ribbon Gun is an Electrical Powered weapon system that fires 5 caseless rounds of ammunition at a time with each pull of the trigger and ejecting the ammunition cases out of the side of the gun to keep the weapon cool even when constantly firing. Each battery is good for about 15,000 rounds before needing to be replaced.

Real Life Stats

- Please note: This weapon was apparently just revealed last year (it seems), reliable information is hard to come by at this time.

• L5RG Weight: 11.50 vs RPG-7 (17.1)
  • L5RG Recoil: 0.3 vs RPG-7 (0.5)
  • L5RG Spread: 0.2 vs RPG-7 (1.5)
  • L5RG Reload time: 5s vs RPG-7 (3.3)
  • L5RG RPM: 900 vs RPG-7 (60)
  • L5RG Caliber: 6mm vs RPG-7 (40mm)
  • L5RG Ammunition Capacity: 30 vs RPG-7 (1)
  • L5RG Top Damage Range: 30 meters vs RPG-7 (Max)
  • L5RG Damage Drop off Range: 31 meters vs RPG-7 (None)

- If added to the game, the L5 Ribbon Gun should play as WW3's gimmick gun (though if everything about this weapon proves to be true, I wouldn't call it a 'gimmick' in real life), something that is outside of the usual weapons but isn't some laser weapon, rocket launcher in rifle form, or any sort of strange sci-fi stuff like that. It should melt enemies with accurate fire at close range, but burn through it's ammunition extremely quickly in careless hands. It should also suffer at longer range engagements not just with bullet drop, but also damage drop, and shot scatter, making the weapon more ideal for close to medium range engagements. Not sure what else can be done with this weapon to help further balance it. But, I still think it would be cool for the sake of a Gimmick Weapon, sort of like Battlefield 1's Kolibri, Perfect Dark's Rocket Launcher that had a controllable rocket, Golden Eye's Golden Gun, and etc. In total truth however, I wouldn't be bent out of shape if this gun didn't make it into the game and could easily think of different weapons that could take it's place.

But, it's time to bring another "Guns that could Enhance WW3" topic to a close, if I don't generate some anger with this post, then I doubt I will generate any with the next post when I cover the Sniper Rifles, and wrap up this entire effort with the Assault Rifles. There were a lot of different rocket launchers and Grenade launchers, but they all sort of did the exact same thing, so I attempted to find some Anti-Drone weapons to lighten this post up on the various Launchers. But, the more I researched into the Anti-Drone weapons, the more different ideas I had that didn't fit with this post or purely didn't even fit the game in all honesty. So, Specials is primarily looking like Rocket & Grenade Launchers for the time being, unless something comes up, and I feel I need to update this post with a noticeable alert (aka bumping the post with new interesting information.)

Honorable Mentions & Closing the post

With bringing this post to an end, here are some Honourable mentions for Special Weapons that could still be good for the game, even if they didn't make the final list.

• MK-153 SMAW II - If the L5 Ribbon Gun is of no interest, this weapon would have taken it's place since it's used by the U.S Marine Corps.
  • MATADOR - A Collaboration between Israel, Germany and Singapore Rocket Launcher
  • APILAS - French Disposable Rocket Launcher
  • Rex-1 - Russian Anti-Drone Weapon
  • XM25 - American/German Experimental Grenade Launcher
  • QLB-06 - Chinese 35x32mm SR Automatic Grenade Launcher

And many more. The Russians alone could have filled either of these lists up with all their variants of the RPG, there was even a light Polish Rocket Launcher designed for Paratroopers that I wanted to mention, but for the life of me I couldn't find again...Ah well, sure our Polish Developers may know the one I'm talking about. But, time to wrap things up so I can get ready to make the Sniper Rifles post and do some bug testing on the PTE tomorrow. Like always here is your hint for the next post, thank you very much for reading, and have a good one!

(Changed the hint weapon. I found something that fits better than the last hint, has more users, and is pretty sporty looking)

image.thumb.jpeg.47346ce4ffc5c618fc963819b9d3caf1.jpeg

Links to my other Individual Suggestion Posts & Suggestion Series posts

Guns that could enhance WW3 series

Strikes that could enhance WW3 series

Individual or Mini Series Suggestions post

Edited by Dunabar
Updated Links list
  • Like 2

Okay I can finally reply now.

I’m really excited for this one because I get to figure out what kind of “gun”  that is.

so every thing sticks out (again) to me and are all really cool less so the rpg 30 because it’s just a metal tube but the functions are cool.

the that is the coolest of course is L5 Ribbon gun which fires caseless ammo therefore it is awsome. Reminds me of the g-11 (I think) that fires caseless ammunition but that was from the 60’s (maybe?) but it never got used by a military. I don’t if it fires caseless ammunition though because:

On 3/26/2019 at 2:31 AM, Dunabar said:

that fires 5 caseless rounds of ammunition at a time with each pull of the trigger and ejecting the ammunition cases out of the side of the gu

Maybe I’m I misunderstood but that makes it sound like it has cased ammunition but it looks cool so even if it did fire none caseless ammunition it’s cool plus it electric. And 1800 rpm (maybe) whoa I would use this gun no matter how bad it is you suggested 900 which is half of the rpm the real gun has but then again you said unconfirmed. 

Next coolest (not even close to the L5RG) is the GL06 because single shot grenade launchers are cooler then multi shot ones (Despite revolvers being cooler than normal pistols) and you mentioned it has the ability to be used as a shotgun probably a bad one (in game) but it’s a shotgun but a grenade launcher! If both it and the Milker MGL are added I see the GL06 being just worse then the Milker.

M202A1 Flash is the third most-awsome weapon because of its a 4 shot rocket launcher that are like molotovs the fire AOE would have to be quite small though otherwise it would be OP. All I think when I see this is the black box in tf2.

Next coolest weapon is th NLAW and if understood correctly the NLAW is one shot and then you just throw it away and grab a new one. If this is the case I think you should get 2 of them and you can’t replenish them, If not they should replenish. Also you mentioned “fire and forget” mode which is that a auto lock like a tracking missed or something else. If added to the game I think it would be funny to call it the “INLAW” but that might be too close to NLAW that it could be a problem.

Next most-awsome weapon the panzerfaust 3 im not 100% sure why but I really like the look of this gun. You mention it being useless against infantry (if added to the game) to make it balanced over the RPG 7 but is it the RPG 7 trash against infantry already?

2nd worst or sixth best cool gun (IMO) is the Milker MGL I don’t actually like revolver grenade launchers that much. But again I see this one being dominant to the GL06 if both are added also I see ALOT of complaining if a grenade launcher is adde because “It’s to OP” I mean people call the RPG 7 OP against infantry so this weapon would have more (most likely). I still want it in the game though.

Least cool (IMO) the RPG 30 it’s functions are all cool but it looks kinda boring which isn’t bad IRL  but the cooler a gun in game is the more memorable it is. This one is interchangeable with the Milker on my cool list thinga-ma-bob (I really don’t like revolver grenade launchers (normal revolvers are the best though)). I think this would be hard to program into a game of course I have no game programming experience but it sounds difficult.

The teaser is interesting as well I’m trying to figure out if there’s a magazine or not and if it’s anti-material or not. The big receiver area and the smaller barrel with no visible magazine I can spot makes it look like a single shot bolt action anti-material riflebut it also looks like if someone shot a 50. BMG with it the rifle would explode. But it looks like the area right behind the grip could be a internal magazine making it look like a bullpup bolt action sniper. Or I could be wrong (probably am).

Oh and thank you from saving me from my insanity trying to figure out the ribbon gun.

38 minutes ago, MOBBOB said:

Okay I can finally reply now.

I’m really excited for this one because I get to figure out what kind of “gun”  that is.

so every thing sticks out (again) to me and are all really cool less so the rpg 30 because it’s just a metal tube but the functions are cool.

the that is the coolest of course is L5 Ribbon gun which fires caseless ammo therefore it is awsome. Reminds me of the g-11 (I think) that fires caseless ammunition but that was from the 60’s (maybe?) but it never got used by a military. I don’t if it fires caseless ammunition though because: 

On 3/26/2019 at 1:31 AM, Dunabar said:

that fires 5 caseless rounds of ammunition at a time with each pull of the trigger and ejecting the ammunition cases out of the side of the gu

Maybe I’m I misunderstood but that makes it sound like it has cased ammunition but it looks cool so even if it did fire none caseless ammunition it’s cool plus it electric. And 1800 rpm (maybe) whoa I would use this gun no matter how bad it is you suggested 900 which is half of the rpm the real gun has but then again you said unconfirmed. 

Yeah I probably could have worded that a lot better looking back on it now. The Manufacture calls the rounds "caseless ammunition", but they sit inside these brass cases which are basically the magazine of the weapon. Here is a visual example (if the internet has not lied to me)

20180123_115705.jpg

Now, if the internet has not lied to me, that is the standard ammunition for the L5 Ribbon Gun sitting there inside of that display piece. The bullet in of itself is caseless, but it sits inside of those brass cases we see stacked up. So in a way you can say it both is & isn't caseless ammunition, though I think a more accurate term would be it's a modified cased ammunition in the sense of how the ammunition sits inside of it's magazine. But, I leave that ultimately to the manufacturer. As for the RPMs, one article I read (think it was the one I linked) said the gun could shoot 250 rounds a second which I have my doubts even for having the 5 round volley shot. But, if the gun could shoot for 1,800 rounds a minute, you can bet everyone and their Brother would use the gun in the game since the ammunition it packs is in-between the 5.56 NATO and the Russian 7.62 as well. High RPM, High Damage per shot, and multiple select fire modes? Guhh! the "NERF THIS DAMN GUN" posts would come out very real quick. In the end though, I leave this one up to the Devs entirely lol.

2 hours ago, MOBBOB said:

Next coolest (not even close to the L5RG) is the GL06 because single shot grenade launchers are cooler then multi shot ones (Despite revolvers being cooler than normal pistols) and you mentioned it has the ability to be used as a shotgun probably a bad one (in game) but it’s a shotgun but a grenade launcher! If both it and the Milker MGL are added I see the GL06 being just worse then the Milker.

As a grenade launcher, the Milkor by default outperforms the GL06 in everything except maybe accuracy. But, it is heavier than the GL06, which means in game you would need to design your kit almost exclusively around the Milkor, where the GL06 could be equipped alongside an AR, the SCAR-H, and etc. It will take some balancing without question, but that is why I suggest giving the Milkor the Air Burst instead of the 40mm Buckshot (which it can use also) like the GL06. Making the Milkor ideal for Medium to long range engagements, and the GL06 ideal for Close to Medium range engagements. But, that is if the Devs design it that way.

M202A1 Flash is the third most-awsome weapon because of its a 4 shot rocket launcher that are like molotovs the fire AOE would have to be quite small though otherwise it would be OP. All I think when I see this is the black box in tf2.

Oh yeah totally need to make the Area of Effect (AOE) on the smaller scale. Otherwise People could probably lockdown whole streets with it. So long as it can Flash Fry someone, I'm happy, and the thing never had the firing clips for a AT rounds made for it so nobody needs to worry about their tank getting 20 M202A1 AT rounds shot at it in quick succession.

Next coolest weapon is th NLAW and if understood correctly the NLAW is one shot and then you just throw it away and grab a new one. If this is the case I think you should get 2 of them and you can’t replenish them, If not they should replenish. Also you mentioned “fire and forget” mode which is that a auto lock like a tracking missed or something else. If added to the game I think it would be funny to call it the “INLAW” but that might be too close to NLAW that it could be a problem.

Thinking about it, instead of the Ammunition bag, they could have to use the Equipment bag instead. Would give the Equipment bag far more usage and make the Players have to make that tough call of "Do I reload my primary weapon, or focus on reloading my AT weapon?" I think I will edit the post here in a little to suggest that instead. The general idea of the customization is to make those kinds of tough choices, so maybe the Devs would like that better than the Ammo bag being used.

As for the "Fire and Forget" it's basically a lock-on. The soldier would aim their rocket at the Vehicle for 3 seconds, get the all clear to fire from the system, and the rocket just makes it's way to the target upon them pulling the trigger. To make the idea of a lock-on weapon a bit more bearable, I figured having the rocket act like an Air Burst round against the Vehicle would be more palatable to the community since so many People get extra salty at the mere mention of lock-on weapons. Oh the jokes that would follow with the weapon being called the "INLAW"...lol.

Next most-awsome weapon the panzerfaust 3 im not 100% sure why but I really like the look of this gun. You mention it being useless against infantry (if added to the game) to make it balanced over the RPG 7 but is it the RPG 7 trash against infantry already?

The RPG-7 does have access to the Fragmentation round which ideally could be buffed to make it more effective against Infantry to increase that "temptation to use" rating. But, I would say the RPG-7 is more on the bad than good side against them yes. I'm sure the Devs could come up with something to help further that balance such as buffing the RPG-7's Fragmentation round, making the Panzerfaust 3 a little heavier even with it's lightest ammunition, and whatever else they can cook up. Just a matter of shifting numbers around to see what feels best.

2nd worst or sixth best cool gun (IMO) is the Milker MGL I don’t actually like revolver grenade launchers that much. But again I see this one being dominant to the GL06 if both are added also I see ALOT of complaining if a grenade launcher is adde because “It’s to OP” I mean people call the RPG 7 OP against infantry so this weapon would have more (most likely). I still want it in the game though.

Yeah I can see People complaining. But, the point of these posts is to find weapons that can enhance the game and can do things different from what is currently on offer. So, ultimately whatever the Devs choose to do with these suggestions is ultimately up to them to figure out. I'm more than confident that People will scream about it, but I'm also confident People will be happy to have it. So in the end it's just a big "wait and see" game for me lol.

Like I said though in regards to the Milkor vs. GL06, the Milkor ideally would need the loadout built around it, where the GL06 can be used to enhance a current loadout, and with the two having access to different additional ammunition types the two would be better for different ranges. Milkor for Medium to Long range, GL06 for Close to Medium.

3 hours ago, MOBBOB said:

Least cool (IMO) the RPG 30 it’s functions are all cool but it looks kinda boring which isn’t bad IRL  but the cooler a gun in game is the more memorable it is. This one is interchangeable with the Milker on my cool list thinga-ma-bob (I really don’t like revolver grenade launchers (normal revolvers are the best though)). I think this would be hard to program into a game of course I have no game programming experience but it sounds difficult.

Ideally it wouldn't be too hard, basically making a 2-shot burst Rocket Launcher and having one out of the two rockets destroyed by a fully recharged APS system. But, that is also coming from someone with no real game programming experience either. It is an ugly duckling though, but that is Russian weaponry as almost general rule of thumb. They go for functionality over flash (not that some of their weapons, equipment, and vehicle don't have some degree of flashiness to them) and that generally leads to designs like the RPG-30. It may look like a Pig with lipstick, but it's going to hit like a raging bull.

4 hours ago, MOBBOB said:

The teaser is interesting as well I’m trying to figure out if there’s a magazine or not and if it’s anti-material or not. The big receiver area and the smaller barrel with no visible magazine I can spot makes it look like a single shot bolt action anti-material riflebut it also looks like if someone shot a 50. BMG with it the rifle would explode. But it looks like the area right behind the grip could be a internal magazine making it look like a bullpup bolt action sniper. Or I could be wrong (probably am).

Oh and thank you from saving me from my insanity trying to figure out the ribbon gun.

Well it's no Ribbon Gun and really nothing overly super special. But, one of my missions with these posts is to also look for guns that are not common in FPS games. So, you can chalk it up to my main "new face on the block" and core filler choice. I think the Sniper Rifle post is ultimately going to be a mixed bag of new & old faces, mainly because it's (yet again) another area where there hasn't been a massive amount of change in ways that the guns work. Mostly they've focused on the main goal of landing a precise shot on target at long range, which makes sense given the category of weapon. But, in terms of new and creative additions to a video game? Bit limited in terms of variety. Though if the TOR is not back in the game when the big new patch has landed, I may do Assault Rifles next, and save Sniper Rifles for last since I'd like to compare stats with the TOR as well. We shall see where things go though.

?Happy you liked the Ribbon Gun.?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dunabar said:

. Though if the TOR is not back in the game when the big new patch has landed, I may do Assault Rifles next, and save Sniper Rifles for last since I'd like to compare stats with the TOR as well.

I can get you the olds stats if you want I still have it in a loadout (that I don’t use)

1 hour ago, MOBBOB said:

I can get you the olds stats if you want I still have it in a loadout (that I don’t use)

That works me, thanks ?

Alright here you go. well I had it in a loadout but I accidently clicked on the g38 so now I don't oh well I don't use it anyway I got pictures though.

well since picture quality is so low I tell you the stats:

150 damage till 130 meters where it starts to drop at 156 meters its 147 damage and then from 156 meters to 182 it drops to 125

weight is 38.13.

recoil is 4.5

spread is 0.1 

reload is 3.5 seconds

rate of fire is 25

caliber is 12.9x99mm

but on the side of the gun it says "12.7 anti-material sniper rifle"

you can click on the picture to zoom in which will give better quality.

188080396_WW33_29_20192_54_57PM.thumb.png.afd1ae01ad4114523ec396c7a98e5722.png

Edited by MOBBOB
Just added the last part.

Thank you very much. ?

Went ahead and updated the original post with Equipment Bags instead of the Ammunition bags. You're really getting a whole new launcher with the Panzerfaust 3, RPG-30, and NLAW, so it really does make more sense to have them draw from the Equipment bag instead of the Ammunition bag.

• Like 1

Tell you what; the MGL weapon does actually have some JPG files in the WW3 folders with the name RGP. (1/ out of 3 pics in files)

There are all sorts of goodies when you search jpg, png, and weapons

rgp-401519300920_02.thumb.jpg.c409cb79d0b2f79a1da69083446abe8c.jpg

Panzerfaust is in there as well, in steamapps\common\World War 3\WW3\HTML\img\items

Look for yourself, there are a lot of images, lots of tanks, even a Stryker, can't post more photos of the more interesting ones, but I can say the Panzerfaust is in the files already as well ;)

Now let's hope the admins don't censor me in this comment

Edited by Matt_dOvale

Well I won't be too shocked if they eventually add it to the game. Though of course they could also just be old plans that got scrapped, but the files not removed just yet. But, given how popular the weapon system is, and how many nations actually use the thing. I think it's one of those safe bet weapons and probably one of the "Some of the guns" Borreh was talking about eventually being added in my AR post.