Sign in to follow this  
Gutshot

What went wrong?!

Posted (edited)

I am Player since first hour and havent logged in the last couple month, due to lag of dev input and game improvement. Today i joined to play some rounds but had to quit just after two. In my opinion the game is absolutly unplayable, it went from good, in the first weeks after server joining got fixed, to bad and is now at the state of awfull.
When it was released i didnt have any perfomance issue, constant solid fps and also almost no lags and a great hitbox. Now i get barely more than steady 40fps without turning graphics to its minimum. The game lags hard and the hitbox became worse and worse. Dont understand how the devs managed to fuck up the hitbox and lags so much.
I was hoping this game evolves in a positive direction, but joining in today was a major disappointment, couldnt play a decent round due to the lags and stutters. Sad this game got messed up so badly, but i can see why nobody wants to play it, because its almost fkn unplayable and you cannot take money for something that doesnt evolve, neither properly run or doesnt get major problems fixed.
I supported the team since day 1 but seeing them not getting shit done within more than six month makes me really angry and i am pissed investing in this game. Done with WW3 and those Early Access Scams

Edited by Gutshot
  • Thanks 1

Plz, tell me, are u from North America? I'm doing a little study about comparing the amount of NA players and the amount of whine they produce.

1 minute ago, tynblpb said:

Plz, tell me, are u from North America? I'm doing a little study about comparing the amount of NA players and the amount of whine they produce.

Why are you so obsessed with North America? Everybody who complains is automatically from NA? What makes you think that me or that guy are from NA? 

Only salty tears around will be from the handfull of fanboys and the devs wondering where their playerbase went. EU btw ;)

2 минуты назад, maddinii сказал:

Why are you so obsessed with North America? Everybody who complains is automatically from NA? What makes you think that me or that guy are from NA? 

Check steam community hub. Yes, majority of whining posts about "gaem is card" and "there is noone playing it" is from NA players. And all they, combined, could populate WZ server easily. But, somehow, that's not happening.

Posted (edited)

In case you didnt understand my point, i am complaining about lag of positve development and the game performance.
Players are gone because the game is partly unplayble, regardless of good or bad rig and/or ip.
And yes of course its eary Access, but its also more than six month since release and nothing really improved, major things became even worse. How is this possible?!
If one argues wait till next year, why selling this piece of code for more than 20€? You cant do that shit in any other economic sector.

Edited by Gutshot

4 минуты назад, Gutshot сказал:

In case you didnt understand my point, i am complaining about lag of positve development and the game performance.
Players are gone because the game is partly unplayble, regardless of good or bad rig and/or ip.
And yes of course its eary Access, but its also more than six month since release and nothing really improved, major things became even worse. How is this possible?!
If one argues wait till next year, why selling this piece of code for more than 20€? You cant do that shit in any other economic sector.

Well, I don't have that much problems. And playing daily I see that game is becoming better. 

If it's not too extreme for u - try to reinstall ur OS. On my fresh Windows games runs smooth and without lags and microstuttering, even when FPS drops when server is full.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, tynblpb said:

Check steam community hub. Yes, majority of whining posts about "gaem is card" and "there is noone playing it" is from NA players. And all they, combined, could populate WZ server easily. But, somehow, that's not happening.

You are just completely making this up and i have no Idea, why. Also you read what how many topics per day, that talk about poor performance and then you'll be like "I don't know why people not playing" how stupid is this? You just need to learn to shut up, enough with your nonsense. God people like you are just so annoying. Have a nice day. 

This is ridiculous, i am not reinstalling my OS because one very bad coded game with a trash load of data is not running properly, when anything else on my computer runs as smooth as butter. As mentioned i didnt have any problems in first month, technically i was one of the very few who were able to play and join pretty smooth from the beginning.
It became worse and worse from update to update.
I am glad for you that you dont have any performance issues and that the game runs even better, but that doesnt count for the majority of players as it seems., me included.

Me not having issues... That's funny joke. I remember 8 crashes in one day of December. I remember much more issues with game. But there is 1 thing that differs me from u. I, every time I'm playing WW3, remind myself that until there is 1.0 digits in the naming I can't demand and only can ask and wait. And I'm asking and waiting. And playing. I do like this game much enough to play it in it's current state. It seems, that  u do not.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I like the game and have minimal issues I just wish more people played. I play NA no one plays in NA servers an it makes me sad. I use nvidia and I heard amd doesn’t work well with WW3 so if you use amd that could be a reason. Of course the devs should fix that if possible.

Edited by MOBBOB
  • Like 2

Main issue for me is, it ran pretty well when it was released, despite amd cpu and gpu. Nvidia had its problems aswell back then. So far I didnt experience any major performance issues and imo the hitreg and gunfeeling was very good. Sadly from patch to patch lags, fps, hitreg, gunfeeling etc. became worse and instead of fixing those major issues the devs inculded a broken loot system and an almost undone map. Priorities should've been set on performance and stability instead of pleasing some unrealistic demands.

19 hours ago, Gutshot said:

I am Player since first hour and havent logged in the last couple month, due to lag of dev input and game improvement. Today i joined to play some rounds but had to quit just after two. In my opinion the game is absolutly unplayable, it went from good, in the first weeks after server joining got fixed, to bad and is now at the state of awfull.
When it was released i didnt have any perfomance issue, constant solid fps and also almost no lags and a great hitbox. Now i get barely more than steady 40fps without turning graphics to its minimum. The game lags hard and the hitbox became worse and worse. Dont understand how the devs managed to fuck up the hitbox and lags so much.
I was hoping this game evolves in a positive direction, but joining in today was a major disappointment, couldnt play a decent round due to the lags and stutters. Sad this game got messed up so badly, but i can see why nobody wants to play it, because its almost fkn unplayable and you cannot take money for something that doesnt evolve, neither properly run or doesnt get major problems fixed.
I supported the team since day 1 but seeing them not getting shit done within more than six month makes me really angry and i am pissed investing in this game. Done with WW3 and those Early Access Scams

You think that lag is because of WAR3 and not your internet?

I honestly have no idea what you are talking about with the hitboxes. I don't think they changed in size over the last few patches, or at least not enough for it to be a game changer, like you are suggesting. Perhaps you have to reset your setting, or turn down your shadows or something, that your video card seems to have a hard time with. Again, if you are having stuttering issue, that means your System/GPU is not up to the task.

It comes down to what resolution do you play at and what GPU do you have. WAR3 will obviously get several more passes on optimization and get more efficient. But this is a competitive shooter and platform for gaming adults... having a frag box is mandatory. 

I have an RX480, 8GB VRAM, 16GB RAM, I5 4690K @ 3.5GHz
Game runs on ultra except for low shadows, at 50-60 fps (Vsync on) with no stutters, at first it wasn't bad but it wasn't as good as it is now, and it has been an improvement.

I don't even know what you mean by hitboxes, the hitreg was improved greatly, and even better on PTE, not counting a bug or two with head glitches.

If you don't want to play, don't play. 1.0 is there in months, and the devs shifted their focus to fixes and improvements with less attention to content than before. Performance seems to differ a lot and sometimes seems like even PC specs don't guarantee you a good performance. It's also said that good RAM sticks really help.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, trig0tron said:

You think that lag is because of WAR3 and not your internet?

stopped reading here....

7 hours ago, TCPPolak said:

If you don't want to play, don't play.

exactly, but in fact i want to play, but can not due to performance issues, same as thousand of other players. thats some dumb arguement, but i didnt expect any other reaction from some folks.

8 hours ago, weedtime said:

Can you share with us your PC specification?

sure, ryzen 5 2600x, rx 580 8gb, 16gb ram, win10 64bit, installed on an ssd hd. running 2560x1080p resolution.

Edited by Gutshot

And what is the setting you use, to play WAR3 on?  (Also, what is the speed of your ram, plz... )

Posted (edited)

This game is one of the biggest fails to ever happen from an early access games.. 11k players to under 200 in half a year.. Most early access games that peek at 5k players still manage to keep 1k+ of them. I made a post shortly after the game released EA saying this would happen when it still had 8k players I said this game would lose all its players within a few months and all the fan boys defending it (like i see in this post) all said it wasent going to happen all said im making numbers up and guessing and that the game would lose players but it wouldn't die. Yeah... How did that go.. lol The funny thing is there is barely enough players on at 1 time to fill a couple of matches  (62 player matches) 108 players on in total 20 mins ago.. Not even 2 matches worth of playes and thats hoping the players are from the same region and some of them players arnt playing from china or some shit because then that number just gets even smaller to the amount you can actually play with. 

11111.png

Edited by GameShock

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, trig0tron said:

And what is the setting you use, to play WAR3 on?  (Also, what is the speed of your ram, plz... )

Seetings dont affect perfomence so much for me, doenst matter if its on ultra, medium or low, fps jump between <10 and 80. I was using the mixed settings, suggested here couple month ago, but tried out everything on low aswell.

Gskill DDR4-3200, Timings: CL16 18-18-38
But we're in 2019, times were you had to tweak your ram settings are in the past for at least a decent gameplay experience. And the needs for an upper high end rig for an EA the almost nobody is playing, also filled with broken game elements, seems to me like crazy fanboy thinking and its absolutly disproportionate.

Like mentioned i dont have any major performance issues with any game and i didnt have those problems when WW3 was released, it ran pretty well and gunplay was spot on.
Furthermore I could always run PUBG with constant 70+ fps, and that game has since release a very shitty netcode.
I wouldnt blame any hardware, the programming is just a messed up chaos.
You would've known if you'd been playing WW3 since it got released and players were able to join servers, because you would've experienced performance issues after patches (either good or bad) and definitely some unfortunate changes in gunplay/handling and the hitreg. Forums been filled with that topic.

You honestly think thousands of players from europe or america have shitty computers and just imagine those performance issues for whatever reason??
Most people here can afford decent gaming hardware. That hardware arguement its just a very poor excuse.
Come on man, you didnt develope or invent the idea of that game, no need to defend its flaws about every circumstances.

Edited by Gutshot

Most of the performance issues are related to AMD users, isn't it?

• Thanks 1

Just now, weedtime said:

I believe so, especially on Moscow TDM with a Ryzen system. I have used a pre-Ryzen non-FX system however, where performance was worse.

3 minutes ago, weedtime said:

Maybe it is now, which is sad.  But it wasnt an AMD only problem in the beginnig when the game was released. Would be nice if somebody recognize that issue^^ This AMD shit started after patch 0.2

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Gutshot said:

Maybe it is now, which is sad.  But it wasnt an AMD only problem in the beginnig when the game was released. Would be nice if somebody recognize that issue^^ This AMD shit started after patch 0.2

It might be related to collision changes and new particle effects which were added in patch 0.2

Posted (edited)

Okay, that makes somehow sense, but also players back than told you that perfomance is becoming worse and you'd better get rid of the floating particles and unnessacary collision until the game mangages to run smoothly most of the time. Instead you didnt fix those issues, but include new cosmetics and some questionable gameplay changes like grinding for cash or a totally undone new map, to later just remove it completly. Also adding Cash and XP events for an EA with major game problems and only a handfull of players seems totally out of touch, unproffesionell and ridiculous. I honestly dont understand what you guys doin....
The idea of the pte server is also imo a very bad choice, which split the community further apart and made tons of players disappear. Not because its such a bad idea itself, its because its a pain in the ass to download and install pte or going back to normal.
Takes ages for downloading and installing.

aint-nobody-got-time-for-that.jpg

Also wasnt public patch announced for end of march? Instead we get another release on PTE.
Its just frustrating the more i read about past weeks and months.

Edited by Gutshot

Posted (edited)
1 час назад, Gutshot сказал:

Okay, that makes somehow sense, but also players back than told you that perfomance is becoming worse and you'd better get rid of the floating particles and unnessacary collision until the game mangages to run smoothly most of the time. Instead you didnt fix those issues, but include new cosmetics and some questionable gameplay changes like grinding for cash or a totally undone new map, to later just remove it completly. Also adding Cash and XP events for an EA with major game problems and only a handfull of players seems totally out of touch, unproffesionell and ridiculous. I honestly dont understand what you guys doin....
The idea of the pte server is also imo a very bad choice, which split the community further apart and made tons of players disappear. Not because its such a bad idea itself, its because its a pain in the ass to download and install pte or going back to normal.
Takes ages for downloading and installing.

Again, someone who didn't play for months, but care about game so much, that he came here to tell devs(and us) what's good  and what's bad. And ffs, stop badmouthing Smolensk. It was good even without textures.

Edited by tynblpb