Sign in to follow this  
Gutshot

What went wrong?!

Posted (edited)

I posted some reasons for MY opinions and always stated my critique from my point of view not giving a general lecture for devs or players.
But critique makes toxic fanboys like you go into rage mode, without being able to discuss in a neutral way, just throwing words at anybody saything something against their beloved game; as if its your only possession in life, lol.

Edited by Gutshot

Posted (edited)
2 часа назад, Gutshot сказал:

But critique makes toxic fanboys like you go into rage mode, without being able to discuss in a neutral way, just throwing words at anybody saything something against their beloved game;

U forgot to add "dumb" after "someting".

Цитата

you'd better get rid of the floating particles and unnessacary collision until the game mangages to run smoothly most of the time. Instead you didnt fix those issues, but include new cosmetics and some questionable gameplay changes like grinding for cash

Do u understand that cosmetics and works on engine are done by different ppl? Yes or No? If yes, why do u post some dumb speeches where u lump nondisputable problems with something u personally don't like and thus make a conclusion that everything devs do is wrong? And something like that I see everywhere. Here. On Steam. Vkontakte.

All the time u weren't playing - I was. And I've seen many changes. For the better. U didn't not. Guess WHY?

Edited by tynblpb
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, GameShock said:

This game is one of the biggest fails to ever happen from an early access games.. 11k players to under 200 in half a year.. Most early access games that peek at 5k players still manage to keep 1k+ of them. I made a post shortly after the game released EA saying this would happen when it still had 8k players I said this game would lose all its players within a few months and all the fan boys defending it (like i see in this post) all said it wasent going to happen all said im making numbers up and guessing and that the game would lose players but it wouldn't die. Yeah... How did that go.. lol The funny thing is there is barely enough players on at 1 time to fill a couple of matches  (62 player matches) 108 players on in total 20 mins ago.. Not even 2 matches worth of playes and thats hoping the players are from the same region and some of them players arnt playing from china or some shit because then that number just gets even smaller to the amount you can actually play with. 

11111.png

NO, it only shows that there are THOUSANDs of player uber interested in this project. So much so, they are willing to invest $28 bucks and show support... even though they are unwilling to log in and alpha test the game and gain early access to the game's development. 

Alpha testing comes first, then beta, then open beta, then release of game in 2020.

It is very funny that you are UNABLE to follow a games Development process. As if this is the very first game you ever been apart of, during such an early stage of development. In the last 30 years I have been part of many projects such as this. Matter of fact I was part of the 500 who got to beta test Battlefield 1942 on DICE's first Battlefield game. 

You sound like you are complaining, because nobody has told you what is going on. Or just understand, that this game is a few months from where you think it is. I am be strait forward here, because you have petty complaints. Fair complaint but totally clueless to the stage of development in which things are finalized/optimized, etc.

If you are unwilling to be a test subject, come back when you see a substantial patch. To see if it is refined enough for you to test without angering yourself. If not, keep an eye on the game and bounce in After you see the patch version & build-out get closer to 0.8.0. By the time those later versions come. there should be substantial updates and polish within the game, that will "ease" the burden for average community members, to much easier/able to dip their hands into an early access to development, without too much pain.

That is how Development works. But by the time this game is released (holiday Season?) there will be much hype and many people packing the servers. 

7 hours ago, Gutshot said:

Seetings dont affect perfomence so much for me, doenst matter if its on ultra, medium or low, fps jump between <10 and 80. I was using the mixed settings, suggested here couple month ago, but tried out everything on low aswell.

Gskill DDR4-3200, Timings: CL16 18-18-38
But we're in 2019, times were you had to tweak your ram settings are in the past for at least a decent gameplay experience. And the needs for an upper high end rig for an EA the almost nobody is playing, also filled with broken game elements, seems to me like crazy fanboy thinking and its absolutly disproportionate.

Like mentioned i dont have any major performance issues with any game and i didnt have those problems when WW3 was released, it ran pretty well and gunplay was spot on.
Furthermore I could always run PUBG with constant 70+ fps, and that game has since release a very shitty netcode.
I wouldnt blame any hardware, the programming is just a messed up chaos.
You would've known if you'd been playing WW3 since it got released and players were able to join servers, because you would've experienced performance issues after patches (either good or bad) and definitely some unfortunate changes in gunplay/handling and the hitreg. Forums been filled with that topic.

You honestly think thousands of players from europe or america have shitty computers and just imagine those performance issues for whatever reason??
Most people here can afford decent gaming hardware. That hardware arguement its just a very poor excuse.
Come on man, you didnt develope or invent the idea of that game, no need to defend its flaws about every circumstances.

Understand my point. Many people here where blaming the game, for it's performance.

Since I, along with many others do not have such performance issues, it can not possibly be the game, it must be a hardware issue. I was only being critical of that fact. This is in fact a hardware issue and more info is needed, that is why I had asked about the memory timing on your AMD R5 2600X. I am also wondering what Windows10 build are you using..? And if "game mode" is being used, etc. Admin rites? Windowed, full screen, etc..?  What is in the background ? TeamSpeak/Discord, etc? 

But do understand, WAR3 smooth gameplay is possible and not the game's fault. This also could be a driver issue.

Since my topic got censored, the admin could've just swapped wtf to what instead of simply deleting it, so the topic would still make some sense....
Again we have new stutters, again the profiles got reset, again cosmetics like colors dont apply and again playerbase droped another 10-20%. Good job devs, guess you guys deserve another praise thread for your outstanding work.

Oh my god...I had to log in after few months because I cannot stand what all those blind fanboys are doing here.

Stop saying early access as ultimate excuse. Just stop. Developers are selling something for a certain amount of money and people expect that they would be able to play it and that it would improve over time. The big word is IMPROVE. The game failed at that and went from alive to dead very fast after the Christmas megafail. Not a single sane developer would release something so broken right before Christmas. That was just reckless.

This was exactly the time when I gave up since I left feedback which was completely ignored (multiple times).

And your fanboy mentality "it does not happen to me so that means it doesn't exist" will bite you in the ass when it starts happening to you and other fanboys will just dismiss it. I hate the word fanboy but I simply have no other words for you. The mental gymnastics you guys do will not help anyone.

On 3/31/2019 at 8:19 PM, trig0tron said:

NO, it only shows that there are THOUSANDs of player uber interested in this project. So much so, they are willing to invest $28 bucks and show support... even though they are unwilling to log in and alpha test the game and gain early access to the game's development. 

This looked like sarcasm until I realized that you are serious. I bet you that if those "THOUSANDs" could get a refund they would. In the blink of an eye and they would never look back.

Reviving a dead game is incredibly hard and even more rare and I am talking about huge publishers that will invest millions into marketing to basically turn trash into diamonds. I work in games industry and the most common scenario is that a lot of players will return...for a day or two and after that they are gone.

In the end this is just sad because I loved the game at the release. It had potential.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hagen said:

Oh my god...I had to log in after few months because I cannot stand what all those blind fanboys are doing here.

Stop saying early access as ultimate excuse. Just stop. Developers are selling something for a certain amount of money and people expect that they would be able to play it and that it would improve over time. The big word is IMPROVE. The game failed at that and went from alive to dead very fast after the Christmas megafail. Not a single sane developer would release something so broken right before Christmas. That was just reckless.

This was exactly the time when I gave up since I left feedback which was completely ignored (multiple times).

And your fanboy mentality "it does not happen to me so that means it doesn't exist" will bite you in the ass when it starts happening to you and other fanboys will just dismiss it. I hate the word fanboy but I simply have no other words for you. The mental gymnastics you guys do will not help anyone.

This looked like sarcasm until I realized that you are serious. I bet you that if those "THOUSANDs" could get a refund they would. In the blink of an eye and they would never look back.

Reviving a dead game is incredibly hard and even more rare and I am talking about huge publishers that will invest millions into marketing to basically turn trash into diamonds. I work in games industry and the most common scenario is that a lot of players will return...for a day or two and after that they are gone.

In the end this is just sad because I loved the game at the release. It had potential.

Keep crying kid, you have no idea what Development is, or how it is done, or what it takes. You just want something for your money and are an angry customer who is whining that they aren't getting their money's worth, because the game is not done yet and is letting you in early to help test it, for a 2020 release.

Come back when you man enough to get over yourself & learn what it takes to be part of something bigger than your ego.  You do not need to be concerned about "other players", only yourself. This Game's core teneta and backbone logic will make it a great platform for squad play, if allowed to be done right. Just like BF142 was done with DICE making their first game. Understand..?

• Like 2

4 часа назад, Hagen сказал:

And your fanboy mentality "it does not happen to me so that means it doesn't exist" will bite you in the ass when it starts happening to you and other fanboys will just dismiss it. I hate the word fanboy but I simply have no other words for you. The mental gymnastics you guys do will not help anyone

My "fanboy" mentality allowed me to play when there were 5-6, sometimes 8 crashes per day. In just the same time when u "gave up". And it's not "it does not happen with me, so it doesn't exist" it's "I have no problem with waiting when game is 12 months prior to be finished". And my patience was paid off. I'm not talking about how with TTK tweaks and few other things I've played 3 different WW3 games already. I'm talking about how game was steady becoming more stable and be filled with content, and I've seen it all. But, ffs , IT HAS to be another one guy that on almost daily basis post a comment(here or on Steam) with "u guys are dumb, and devs are bad. And dumb. I didn't play for a months, but I'm here to say that u guys are dumb, and  devs  are  bla-bla-bla.".

I don't understand, what r u trying to achieve? U think that simple post on  forum will somehow force us to stop playing the game or reading the forum NOW, when we didn't stop doing this THEN, in Christmas and New Year's days? Rly?

Edited by tynblpb
  • Like 1

Pretty sure the topic was not addressed to you or the players. We all agree that it's a great game with lots of potential, it's just the numbers speak for them self. If 100 people can play and 5000 can not play then something is surely wrong. 

8 hours ago, trig0tron said:

Keep crying kid, you have no idea what Development is, or how it is done, or what it takes. You just want something for your money and are an angry customer who is whining that they aren't getting their money's worth, because the game is not done yet and is letting you in early to help test it, for a 2020 release.

Come back when you man enough to get over yourself & learn what it takes to be part of something bigger than your ego.  You do not need to be concerned about "other players", only yourself. This Game's core teneta and backbone logic will make it a great platform for squad play, if allowed to be done right. Just like BF142 was done with DICE making their first game. Understand..?

The only one crying here is you boy. And yea sure I have no idea I only WORK for mid-sized GAME DEVELOPER for almost 10 years so far. I'm 90% sure that it will happen just as I described.

I might also be surprised since I cannot refund it anyway.

Also lol at the "You just want something for your money.". WHO DOESN'T? My main problem is that the game got worse since release in a lot of areas. I had few hundred hours in the EA release version ffs.

When you release game in EA you have to take care of the product you sell RIGHT now (since you demand money for it) and also continue with your long term plan.

If you just care for the long term plan and cannot fund it until then take a loan.

Edited by Hagen

2 hours ago, Hagen said:

The only one crying here is you boy. And yea sure I have no idea I only WORK for mid-sized GAME DEVELOPER for almost 10 years so far. I'm 90% sure that it will happen just as I described.

I might also be surprised since I cannot refund it anyway.

Also lol at the "You just want something for your money.". WHO DOESN'T? My main problem is that the game got worse since release in a lot of areas. I had few hundred hours in the EA release version ffs.

When you release game in EA you have to take care of the product you sell RIGHT now (since you demand money for it) and also continue with your long term plan.

If you just care for the long term plan and cannot fund it until then take a loan.

Hunh..?

You want a refund, for a game that is not done, that you knew was not even in beta development stage when you spent $28 bucks..?

Stop whining like a [CENSORED]. If you want to help, then help. But don't start being some social justice warrior telling Developers how many people they should have. Most Developers don't have this many People in their game (at this stage of development), because Companies don't usually open their development up to others, while they build the game.

You should know this... but pretend you are better and know more.

When I give money to a kickstarter, I don't expect to see my money back... and most of the time I don't expect to see something for my money, until after the project is completed. Why are you so ignorant of all of this, if you work for a game developer..? You sound like a shitty employee, if you don't understand project build-out and phases of development. (0.2.0, 0.3.0 0.4.0 0.5.0, 0.5.1., etc..)

If WAR3 wants a healthy platform & game upon it's release in 2020, then they don't have to worry about or Focus on People (Players) right now in alpha phase, but instead their game platform. You should know this. People, clans and thousands are needed when this game releases, or when the build-out surpasses 1.5.0. and onward.  

I suggest you come back in a few months and see if you grew some balls and learned how to deal with helping a Developer make a good game. 

/Vulgar
weedtime

1 hour ago, trig0tron said:

Hunh..?

You want a refund, for a game that is not done, that you knew was not even in beta development stage when you spent $28 bucks..?

Stop whining like a [CENSORED]. If you want to help, then help. But don't start being some social justice warrior telling Developers how many people they should have. Most Developers don't have this many People in their game(at this stage of development), because Companies don't usually open their development up, to others while they build the game.

You should know this... but pretend you are better and know more.

When I give money to a kickstarter, I don't expect to see my money back... and most of the time I don't expect to see something for my money, until after the project is completed. Why are you so ignorant of all of this, if you work for a game developer..? You sound like a shitty employee, if you don't understand project build-out and phases of development. (0.2.0, 0.3.0 0.4.0 0.5.0, 0.5.1., etc..)

If WAR3 wants a healthy platform & game upon it's release in 2020, then they don't have to worry about or Focus on People (Players) right now in alpha phase, but instead their game and platform. You should know this. People, clans and Thousands are needed when this game releases, or when the build-out surpasses 1.5.0. and onward.  

I suggest you come back in a few months and see if you grew some balls and learned how to deal with helping a Developer make a good game. 

What does this have to do with social justice? Why are you even mentioning it? Blind support and excuses for mistakes made by developers got the games industry where it is today. Do you honestly think that you are "helping" with this?

They sell something right now for money and that is why they HAVE TO make sure that they focus both on current players and long term.

Keep continue to personally attacking me that is really classy. No need to reply since I know plenty of people like you and it is best to ignore them (thank god for ignore post option) since they are just delusional zealots.

trigotron and tynblp, do you guys realize that all you do in almost every post of yours is attacking others? you guys are [CENSORED] annoying and i put you on ignore list due to that unbearable bs.

/Vulgar
weedtime

3 hours ago, Hagen said:

What does this have to do with social justice? Why are you even mentioning it? Blind support and excuses for mistakes made by developers got the games industry where it is today. Do you honestly think that you are "helping" with this?

They sell something right now for money and that is why they HAVE TO make sure that they focus both on current players and long term.

Keep continue to personally attacking me that is really classy. No need to reply since I know plenty of people like you and it is best to ignore them (thank god for ignore post option) since they are just delusional zealots.

I mention it, because nothing you are saying, or critiquing is about the game, it is about how poorly they are doing with retaining whiners. And wanaabes who want polish & prim for their $28 bucks.

I am telling you, that all you are entitled to...  is to wait until the game is released...

I am here because after 25+ years of playing FPS games and battle simulators, what game has anything going for it in terms of Clan/Group/Squad play ..?

ARMA..? Battlefield? Insurgency?

WAR3 will be as big as those game in a few years... you want fast food and all of us oldschool players are looking for steak. 

• Like 1

The fact, that a moderator has to babysitt this topic and censor it shows, that it's getting out of control. There is definitely a pattern with certain individuals, but since there is nothing really worth reading anymore in here - how about moving on?

@Gutshot has the right Idea. 

• Like 2

On 4/13/2019 at 9:55 PM, maddinii said:

The fact, that a moderator has to babysitt this topic and censor it shows, that it's getting out of control. There is definitely a pattern with certain individuals, but since there is nothing really worth reading anymore in here - how about moving on?

@Gutshothas the right Idea

Agree with that. And I know what wrong went (like everyone who is following ww3)

1) horrible launch/release because of server issues

2) performance problems

3) lack of features (and also content)

Good things:

1) server issues are almost completely solved. Sometimes there are some issues but not really worth to mention

2) with 0.6 the performance should be much better. Personally, 0.6pte runs extreme smooth compared to 0.51 I played before. 0.51 is for me hard to play: stuttering, lags, bouncing and jumping objects. If 0.6 is released, it should be playable for a lot of people ( and I hope also for AMD users)

Neutral/bad:

3) the lack of content is understandable because of the prior improving performance and fix bugs. But what made me to to do a break playing this game is one important missing feature which would also raise the number of players: map and game mode rotation. A standard feature in multiplayer games.

Even with 2 game modes and 3 maps there 6 possible "maps". With recon later 9 possibilities.

F51 should do that as soon as possible.

- like in other games: moving  all players from the ended match to another match and fill the match automatically with players

- rotate after every match the map and/or game mode

- every map and game mode needs to be loaded in 1 cycle before starting the new one

- randomize the sequence of the maps/game modes

Then: servers with all maps and one game mode

Servers with all maps and two or a few game modes

Servers with one map and all game modes

Servers with all maps and all game modes

This to add would give you the feeling to have much more content.

If they want to add more maps and game modes, they should start to add this or the mentioned feature(s) as soon as possible. It's with 2 modes and 3 maps easier to fix server problems than with 9 or more maps and more game modes.

I will continue playing when there is such a rotation. I am getting bored moving to the war map, search for a server and hope the match just started and is not in the mid or short before server lock.

And I think there are a lot of other people who are waiting for that and will give the game a try when it's programmed and seted up.

And I think the player number will increase very fast then.

19 hours ago, Terux said:

Agree with that. And I know what wrong went (like everyone who is following ww3)

1) horrible launch/release because of server issues

2) performance problems

3) lack of features (and also content)

Good things:

1) server issues are almost completely solved. Sometimes there are some issues but not really worth to mention

2) with 0.6 the performance should be much better. Personally, 0.6pte runs extreme smooth compared to 0.51 I played before. 0.51 is for me hard to play: stuttering, lags, bouncing and jumping objects. If 0.6 is released, it should be playable for a lot of people ( and I hope also for AMD users)

Neutral/bad:

3) the lack of content is understandable because of the prior improving performance and fix bugs. But what made me to to do a break playing this game is one important missing feature which would also raise the number of players: map and game mode rotation. A standard feature in multiplayer games.

Even with 2 game modes and 3 maps there 6 possible "maps". With recon later 9 possibilities.

F51 should do that as soon as possible.

- like in other games: moving  all players from the ended match to another match and fill the match automatically with players

- rotate after every match the map and/or game mode

- every map and game mode needs to be loaded in 1 cycle before starting the new one

- randomize the sequence of the maps/game modes

Indeed. The horrible launch because of the server and performance drove a lot of people away. These days there are so many FPS to play that one mistake lead players to other games. Regarding the lack of content, my only criticism is the 3 maps. The weapons and customization were very acceptable from the 1st day of the early access.  I never cared about cosmetics.

I am very happy to read that stuttering is almost gone with the 0.6. I hope it runs very well when it goes live. Never had any other serious performance issues.

Regarding map rotation, it's something that makes me really wonder. I think its been since patch 0.3. that they have  "added" map rotation but never worked. Not even with 0.51. I don't know, is so difficult to make it work? Am just a casual gamer...

With 0.6. they will add 2 maps, new weapons, and vehicles. If the game is stable and performance is improved for others then there is a good chance for more players. Back in December, I was expecting by March that the players will increase but the patches were not very good.

Another problem at the moment is the gameplay. Damage model and TTK doesn't seem to work well together, With a 7.62 weapon, I can get 30 kills in a game without trying since there is no recoil and limb damage is high. I don't think this is the semi-realism that they are looking for...

Let see how things will go.