tynblpb

AirStrikes call in design + Poll.

Current airstrikes design.  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Are u satisfied with current AirStrikes design?

• Yes.
    • No.

My main problem with AirStrikes is that sometimes u simply can call it in the designated area after 2 or 3 attempts. Why? - would ask u. Here is why. Look at screenshot of tablet used to call in WCMD strike. On the left side of the map 5 white stripes are showing us, where will be bombs landing. Normally, u would aim at the center of the 3rd stripe. And here comes 1 little fact that 5th stripe is much shorter than 4 others. So, basically, center of the strike area is showed by red circle. Middle of the 3rd stripe is showed by the blue circle. Not so much difference, someone would say. But in reality, with this map scale it is ~5m if not more. And in the same time for WCMD width is 15m, for JSOW - 10m and for JDAM - 6m. When strike area rotates around the point showed by red circle, but u thought it will be blue... Kinda too much cost for wrong positioning? And sometimes u need 3 attempts to finally place the stripes just as u want, but considering the time u wasted on it, it's usually too late to use a strike...

So here I am, asking devs. If it is not that hard, can u rework Air Strikes, so that they'll look like those that are in the white square in the upper part of the picture(1&2 digits)? Where white dot shows where strike start and appears where ur mouse was after u've pressed LMB. And then, while holding LMB u can adjust the direction.

Nowadays I'm trying to avoid driving vehicles, so airstrikes are my most usable highcost strike. It's sometimes infuriating to see how half of ur strike is bombing roofs or missing armored vehicle.

Pwetty pwease??

Just to be sure I'll add the poll. Mb it's only me who's having the problems like that.

1047031464_ww3-win64-shipping2019-03-3112-07-36.thumb.png.c7657a051c54dfdd2d05d1135736299e.png

Edited by tynblpb
  • Like 1

I agree. Current version of bombing is hard to mark on tablet, I liked World in Conflict vector targeting, when you choose first starting point of bombing, and then direction.

Looked at map again. Was a little puzzled how small size of the map available to call in strike is compared to tablet screen space. Devs, if not changing the strikes/ mb change map scale?

Or make it so RMB will zoom in / zoom out map. Something like this.

1446914688_ww3-win64-shipping2019-03-31.thumb.jpg.f50e1a59d625eb789bbdd6ec24191c1b.jpg

• Like 1

Well, the problem with WCMD strike is somewhat fixed. Now Strike dashed line is symmetrical with respect to the central stripe. Saw it not long ago and forgot to mention it. Thx, devs.

b2wcmd.gif.1400fea4695ad59b2631c018d5a1ad50.gif

Edited by tynblpb

I decided to start using WCMD again and it was kinda discouraging to discover that "proper" WCMD is only on Smolensk. Well, more reason for me to love this map.

warsawwcmd.jpg.e03eae589ca742be83ac2cb7c8736245.jpgpolyarnywcmd.jpg.2abc8d240dbd79d4d56069276d6eef01.jpgsmolenskwcmd.jpg.02265f5b2a60297734a8b1671f5359fa.jpg