weedtime

Feedback on update 0.6

Welcome Soldiers!

Please feel free to leave your feedback regarding update 0.6

Best wishes,

World War 3 Team.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1.  M4 might need a nerf - maybe boost Hk416's RPM to 740,  while limiting M4's mods to certain parts. while HK416 is a full on customizable?

2. Anders sometimes spawns with zero ammo left other than 12.7mm,    for its 57mm's and 90mm's

3. Might need to tweak spawnings, because spawn deaths got old when i spawn, hoping id spawn elsewhere. but i spawned in exact same spot for 6 times in row. ( my fault i suppose)

pros:

graphics is great!

less stutters for sure,

scope recticles looks more crisp and cleaner.

M4 is godsend,  I have little concern, since it is already an insane of a hardware,  maybe make it a bit more expensive so players would have to work for it.

the spotting system is much better,

Heli drones is fun, however annoying.  They should receive extra damage from 12.7's

my 2 cents

• Like 2

M4 and SA80 are good additions to the selection of weapons. The SA80 is going to be my go to 5.56 now. 

using things like drones, tanks, quads, etc feels much smoother! even for me on EU servers, good job.

The heli drones feel nice to fly as well and less "cheesy" like before, however they are a little to strong to things like RPG and heavy caliber rounds like 12.7mm. a surface to air missile would be great to counter these. 

There seems to be a few old bugs/issues back, servers getting full and then crashing throwing everyone to either main menu or sending crash reports. The new mobile spawn is great, but i think it can be destroyed by disabling the rcws on it. so using a 556 caliber weapon can blow it up if you want to  dump a few mags into it. The ping system is nice, but i'd say a quick message on the forums or somewhere to explain how it works exactly.

Also I don't know if this has been brought up but some kind of a kill camera feature would be nice, the amount of times I've seen someone call someone a hacker is crazy.  

- When I spawn on mobile spawning vehicle I got multiple times marked as being out of game zone and needed to left vehicle to not die. 

- M4 has only 60 bullets at start.

- Server crashed twice and bring back to main menu.

- After selecting new granades (all three types on different loadouts) I can not join a game - hangs during loading.

- Regarding AJAX - all vehicles feels very similar. Maybe look for a way to differentiate them instead of adding more and more of the same?

Other than that this update is SUPER NICE! New spotting system is top notch. You really optimized this game with this patch. Heli is just great addition - I think it's well balanced already - easy to kill but very deadly itself. Mobile spawnpoint - great idea. Also like two new weapons - M4 is one of best rifles now.

M4 and SA80 feel great, people talking about nerfing M4? Nonsense, it just a rifle, Ak15 is still highly viable, I'd still use it over the M4. I hope for each individual weapon to be improved and become more unique, sound and feel wise.

All the new tanks, as well as the mobile spawn point are great additions.  

Performance is much better than before, the stutter is less, and has noticeable improvements since 0.3 patch. 

I can't wait to play on the finished Smolensk and the new snow map. The content came way faster than expected. Also, something I am wondering, back on the roadmap, 9 maps were announced, where those 9 individual maps, or where they actually 5 individual maps plus their TDM equivalent, I hope thats not the case. 

5 часов назад, PointShootActionTTV сказал:

I don't know if this has been brought up but some kind of a kill camera feature would be nice, the amount of times I've seen someone call someone a hacker is crazy

If it'll be implemented in any kind in WW3, I'll stop playing the next second. So, plz, devs, NO.

lol m4 nerf? Why? T. It's not even close to being OP and there are better weapons so i don't know WTF people are talking about, also the update has been out for less than 24 hours and you are already asking for nerf 

• Like 1

Positive

The Ironsights on the m4 are godly, this is how iron sights should be. Haven tested the other iron sights in .6.

The little Ive seen of the spotting system is a huge improvement. The marker needs to be different  just as the square is not a good marker for it. Possible also a distance or have the maker get smaller the farther away it is so we can tell how far the mark is.

Negative

The red screen effect is annoying, it does not add a additional challenge just additional annoyance. Other less way annoying mechanics can be used to show you are hurt. IT should at elast be greatly toned down.

My barracuda marked enemys through walls with the red square which is a no no. even if it was for them being stationary and did not follow them around.

Posted (edited)

M4A1 needs a short barrel so we can create good cqb or mk18 variants.

It should be like this

YOrjAbl.jpg

Also on longer barrel front sight i think should be more far away so you can fit longest handguard and front sight and create m16a4 variant.

Also you cant use secondary reddot and other sights with high magnification scopes and special scopes even when theres a lot of room on rails.

Edited by seeneonu
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, tynblpb said:

If it'll be implemented in any kind in WW3, I'll stop playing the next second. So, plz, devs, NO.

I'd rather see it as an after the game thing then during game like battlefield has, it just gets annoying when someone is freaking out because theyre either new or not as good at the game freaking out that "they know you have wall hacks, aim not" when I reality I know the flow of the maps, pull downwards with my mouse while shooting and have my radio and music turned off so I can hear footsteps, and enemies yelling in Russian because it's easier to distinguish from English for me.

But yeah I should've been more specific, not a battlefield style camera but let's say there is a player your questioning. There could be some option in the screen where it shows who hit you and where to view the kill cam afterwards. Maybe even 5 minutes later or something so your position isn't given away.

This is an idea more than anything, I'm doubting it will be added, but this can help prevent issues down the road and Reddit posts or here of people accusing others of cheating 

Posted (edited)

WATERMELON SHOOTING!😜

Скрытый текст

watermelon2.gif.1fb6cab0bb0b194c8d6b1e4aa0323552.gifwatermelon.gif.a7fcba61ac0356cddf0e5da16627de65.gif

Plz, devs, make blood darker.

Edited by tynblpb
  • Haha 2

Weapons

The M4 does definitely need a nerf. I didn't feel like the recoil was to low or to high, the spread is okay and the overall handling is good but not overpowered. It's more the sheer damage output from this weapon, being able to completely obliterate enemies in a second (Okay maybe 1.5 seconds). It would be nice to have a competitive weapon for the AK-15, but it currently outplays all other guns. 

Bugs

I'm rather disappointed in this section. The only bug i could see fixed was jumping concrete barriers. I still can not use F10 (Or now F9?) mode because the Score Tab gets stuck and lots of other reported bugs were still there. I thought there was a small unit responsible for only bug fixing now? 

Customization

There is a bunch of problems with the newest attachments for the m4 etc. that have a direct impact on your gameplay - maybe just a small impact tho. For example you can't choose a medium or long m4 handguard have some issues. The Juno Grip exists twice, the  Sa80 handguards are all more or less floating. To be fair, from adding the SCAR-H to adding the M4 i see a lot of improvements. It worked first try without crashing the entire server, which is nice ^^ Just needs a good polish. 

Marking and Radial Menu

Marking was simple before. You pressed X and it marked an enemy. Some times the menu gets stuck and you can do nothing but mark for smoke, ammo etc. some times it does not mark an enemy and some times it marks 100 times that's just bugs that can be sorted not the main issue. The real problem i see is - the simple y - 3- 1 menu was replaced with a complex Press-and-Hold-X__search number or move mouse then press- repeat. repeat. I pressed "Yes" or "No" in a matter of seconds without paying attention to it before and now i have to search for it and probably die while doing that. I just don't like replacing a simple version with a complex version and then forcing me to use the complex version. Also "Screen Opacity Center" from the Gameplay settings does not work. Markers just get in the way. 

UAV

Okay so this is just broken. There is no point in finding or looking for enemies, everybody use uav now because they know they get 3D markers also. It feels like you're on a shooting range and you just shoot paper targets. You would have to look at your map before to spot an enemy, now it seems overpowered. You can run straight at the enemy at shoot him in the face, no consequences because you know where he is and what the best place is to attack him. There should be no 3D markers when i can't see them. Maybe one initial marker, that disappears after a few seconds, but this is just a wallhack and you can't even argue about it, because it's exactly the same. 

Mobile Spawn Points

I've heard some people are okay with these, but i am tending more to negative. It's not exactly what i expected when i read mobile spawn points. I thought it would be a solution to spawning on an objective and landing in an enemy face, but this is even worse. There is no "safe" mobile spawn. On an objective at least you can't spawn when there is enemies inside. It kind of breaks the game, you die at an objective and spawn at the nearest person to it, just to get the enemy next time. There is no punishment for errors, it just enhances dumb and blind behavior. It's also kind of hard to see and has lots of errors, as for example ghost spawn points. Boxes are left behind on the map that you can select. Some times you spawn at a different position then selected, you can never be really sure where you land. I don't fancy shooting my way to an objective just to see, that one person has made it around or the entire team spawned behind it and i have to start all over again. I really hope this never makes it to live the way it is. Should focus more on fixing the current spawn system - check if there is enemies around and if yes go to a different position. If there is no free position create one. Also people can choose mobile spawn points to spawn right on top of an objective, even when it's not your squad leader. 

Performance

I still have a lot of stutters and performance problems. It's not as bad as 0.5, but i can't say i'm really enjoying it. I'm already only casually logging in to live servers, it would be a shame if this continues on. I can totally understand, when you say to polish the game later and focus on other things - the only problem is, that the vast majority of people can not play like that, which leaves only 100 players - a rather small number. If hardly anybody is playing then the amount of testing will be significantly reduced. Also first impressions matter. An overall negative review on steam does not attract players, even when it's only early access. - What i mean is: This game needs to be in a playable state. It doesn't have to look super nice and shiny with 300 fps, it just needs to be playable. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Game runs smoother then it was for last 3 months. And that's good. Sometimes there stutters when u  r "changing location" I.e. leaving Kremlin palace when u r heading to A1-A2 CP. But I think it's more my HDD's fault.

Jumping over railings and out of the windows is almost 2 times faster. And that's good.

M4A1 is veery good. MB, a little too good. But... not my thing. Sa80 is not bad in CQC and good on mid range. But recoil is  too high to go full-auto on mid-to-long and long distances. U have to switch to burst fire mode and it's again good. 1 thing. Long barrel of  SA80 has the same -0.05 recoil reduction as the short. Is it intended? If not, fix plz.

As in my post above. Too much blood. Too pink blood.

HeliDrone. Death from above. Good as it is now with 1 BUT. Against handheld firearms it's as durable as APC. IMO it's a little too much. Should be, again IMO, 60-70% of current HP. 1 RPG grenade hit deals 80%. I'm a little confused. IMO, it should be if not OHK, then at least 90% dmg.

All -squad spawning. It compensates lack of revive system and works decent if ur teammates are... decent. Well it always depends on how good ur teammates are. BUT, now u should be prepared that where is one, next sec there can be 2 or 3.

Vehicles that can't capture the CPs. I thought, that it was reworking of gameplay together with spawnsystem. But later we were told, that it's not how it's supposed to be... When we were already accustomed to it. 😤 Me personally would like to see capturing mechanics where vehicles can capture the points if only when they are doing it there is at least 1 infantry player on CP near them. Solo vehicles still can kill enemies, earn BPs, but TeamScore will be affected by only teamwork with infantry. But, in the same time I understand that it's too hardcore, and if infantry is no-good, it'll be rly butthurting experience for drivers.

New spawn-point for losing team on Warsaw beneath B1 and B2. Good and basically non-expectant by enemies, plus it's invulnerable to vehicles spawnrape, BUT, can u devs turn the direction spawning soldiers are looking 180°, so that the  stairs will be in front of them. Ppl rarely go to B1B2 via this tonnel, so after the spawn they are a little perplexed where to run, as it is not so popular route.

Upd. 1more thing. After playing 0.6PTE I  don't want to return to 0.5...😓😞

Edited by tynblpb
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

.6 still has all the game design issues .5 and .4  had. I dont really see any changes from the "balance pass" Past 2 months were pretty bad design wise this looks like there is no changes and the devs are sticking with the same thinking that broke the game with .4.

.5 the ak15 is the best AR using any other puts you at a sizable disadvantage competitively but now the m4 makes another rifle viable at least. Still bad design making one weapon the top tier over all other ARs but at least we get a different flavor.

Cant even critique the changes because they dont say what they did just like "balance changes" to .5 coming from .4. still looks like they dont know what they are doing.

I do like how vehicles cant cap points, the only exceptions should be buggies and ATVs. There should also be a supporting area of affect so vehicles get points for being near a point their team is capping.

Termite needs to do more damage to vehicles maybe a max of 20 damage for a full burn and have 3 grenades.

Heli drones needs to take double damage from small arms or maybe 1.5 damage.

Haven't seen if headglitching design issue is fixed but I dont think it is.

Spoting design issue is semi fixed.

Haven't seen if the gutshot design issue is fixed but prob not because it will take a quite some time along with the headglitch issue.

TTK is still broken and its not like I'm not fully abusing it for my own benefit going 60+ and -15 KD just messing around. Cant be a good competitive game like this easily abusable design creating low skilled gameplay.

Gunplay still seem off and inaccurate with the handling.

So far 1 major issue is semi fixed.

I haven't experienced spawning because I dont really need to respawn in no one can kill me but the major issues of the past builds is having people pop out of mid air ruining the experience and the bad locations chosen for spawning such as the hallway on c1 Berlin where attackers will hang out to reload or heal as they catch their breath only to rekill the same players who respawn right in front of them with backs to the wall.

Still could look into Squad the game style rally spawns instead for a better experience because you can place your own spawn points in more protected locations and can expect to see people spawning on top of them for no awkward moments.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TZoningHard said:

Spoting design issue is semi fixed.

Semi-fixed? I’d say spotting is perfect.

also loving the new m4 I found a couple sights that almost line up with the front iron sights so I’m using one of those.

the spawning vehicles are cool as well.

the new UI design for the map is awesome but the fact I can spawn on squad mates is both good and bad for me but I’m not sure yet.

havent been able to play that much though due to no one playing.

8 hours ago, TZoningHard said:

I haven't experienced spawning because I dont really need to respawn in no one can kill me

stop flexing kid 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Personal experiences (long list probably)

M4:

People say it's OP, I think it's alright. The real M4 doesn't have a burst mode, maybe even removing that might make a difference.

SA80:

Nice surprise here. It feels like a good CQC weapon. It would be good if the default handguard had stats because without a grip right now it's pretty unusable at any range, so that adds a 10,000$ cost of getting a handguard just to make your weapon remotely competitive.

Uniform/others:

Asking why I only had 60 spare ammo for my M4 loadout, I was told that it was because the uniform I'd equipped only had 2 mag slots. This was not the case, and I still am not sure why or how this bug occurs considering it changed midround.

Mobile Spawn Point:

Interesting addition to the game. I do quite like it because it allows the team to choose to position more aggressively, which is fun. When driving this vehicle, the vehicle aiming reticle for when you have a cannon equipped shows up, which is weird. When spawning onto this, a few weird things happen to me:

- health shows up as 0

-Ammo count shows as that of the weapon I was using before I respawned

-Flashlights don't work, and maybe even some strikes

Heli combat drone:

Seems too powerful right now. The only things that can deal any real damage to it are RPG and tanks, and it's pretty hard to hit it with an RPG. If the Carl-Gustav M4 was in the game it might be a bit more balanced because right now it's almost impossible to take down as infantry.

I'll add other stuff if I think of it.

6 minutes ago, nubbits said:

Personal experiences (long list probably)

M4:

People say it's OP, I think it's alright. The real M4 doesn't have a burst mode, maybe even removing that might make a difference.

SA80:

Nice surprise here. It feels like a good CQC weapon. It would be good if the default handguard had stats because without a grip right now it's pretty unusable at any range, so that adds a 10,000$ cost of getting a handguard just to make your weapon remotely competitive.

Uniform/others:

Asking why I only had 60 spare ammo for my M4 loadout, I was told that it was because the uniform I'd equipped only had 2 mag slots. This was not the case, and I still am not sure why or how this bug occurs considering it changed midround.

Mobile Spawn Point:

Interesting addition to the game. I do quite like it because it allows the team to choose to position more aggressively, which is fun. When driving this vehicle, the vehicle aiming reticle for when you have a cannon equipped shows up, which is weird. When spawning onto this, a few weird things happen to me:

- health shows up as 0

-Ammo count shows as that of the weapon I was using before I respawned

-Flashlights don't work, and maybe even some strikes

Heli combat drone:

Seems too powerful right now. The only things that can deal any real damage to it are RPG and tanks, and it's pretty hard to hit it with an RPG. If the Carl-Gustav M4 was in the game it might be a bit more balanced because right now it's almost impossible to take down as infantry.

I'll add other stuff if I think of it.

You can jam a heli drone with jammers so it's not really that OP 

6 minutes ago, Salt Lord said:

You can jam a heli drone with jammers so it's not really that OP 

Yeah sure, but I don't really think everyone should have to carry a jammer on every loadout. As I said before, it would be nice to see some more anti vehicle weapons just to balance it out a bit more.

16 hours ago, tynblpb said:

Plz, devs, make blood darker.

It looks like this in the sun if you shoot someone AFAIK, but I'd have to check >.> 

• Thanks 1

I enjoy the new spotting system, I wish it didn't require a click to confirm though.
I just want to press and hold X and pull my mouse in the direction of the command I'd like to issue and release X to send the command

DMG has some really odd animations right now when you shoot. 
will test more and post as I discover 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, MOBBOB said:

Semi-fixed? I’d say spotting is perfect.

also loving the new m4 I found a couple sights that almost line up with the front iron sights so I’m using one of those.

the spawning vehicles are cool as well.

the new UI design for the map is awesome but the fact I can spawn on squad mates is both good and bad for me but I’m not sure yet.

havent been able to play that much though due to no one playing.

I only say semi because its still clunky and the markers need to be a lot better and also show distance. Also the barracuda might mark people which is a bad idea.

Am I the one, who thinks that new stepping sounds sound kinda "wet"? Like u r running in the mud. I liked previous more...

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

The 0.6 PTE is fine. Ok, I am focusing on performance because the lags, stuttering, bouncing objects and so on in the 0.51 version is really a pain the ass.

In this case, you should copy the code/engine or what ever it makes smoother into the normal version as a next performance update ASAP. 0.6 PTE is much more fun to play than the 0.51 because of this one reason. No stuttering, no bouncing objects, no lags. You made a great job and it's (almost) there where it should be 👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

I am speaking only for me, but I hope others think the same 🙂

Edited by Terux
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2