weedtime

Feedback on update 0.6

Showing jammed area on map is good idea.

3D spotting by Reaper etc. is bad idea. It's too wallhack'ish and BF3'ish. And too simple. Especially for vehicles. Plz, remove it.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Tried a few Berlin Warzone matches, so a feedback needs to be posted.

Before any pros and cons, I will write, I must give special thanks for our nice community. It was a big pleasure to play with you, guys, this evening. It was not only the testing, but a fun game either,

GRAPHIC AND PERFOMANCE

Pros
1) I don't know, what you did, devs, but game goes better, MUCH better. Even my poor 2GB GTX670 draws 50-60 FPS on Medium quality settings on full Berlin Warzone, with rarely drops to 35 FPS, when looking at fire, or something the same.
2) Game stability is much higher either. I didn't have any disconnect or crashes in my 0.6 game session.
3) Red screen on wounding seems cool, but I think, needs to be a little more transparent.

Cons
1) Still huge FPS drop on the start of the game.
2) Still bugs with a solid camo and vehicles. Can't get my black Bumerang 😢
3) Still have high ping from 100 to 130.

UI

Pros
1) Mindless X-clicking removed. That I personally like. Didn't test in Team Deathmatch, I think it should be enormous spotting and aiming changes. But even in Warzone they are significant.
2) Greydot size lowered. IMO, it shouldn't be at all, but I like even the half measures.

Cons
1) Wallhack-like spotting systems is still in, and became even worse. I can literally see enemies from another corner of the map. Because of such things I am personally against any 3D-spotting ablities in shooters, except, ofc, something sci-fi like Planetside 2. But I am pro constant mini-map, that always shows you terrain, and drones (include mini-drone) can shows enemies on your mini-map, highlighting them.
2) It is more about graphic, but with "Watermelon shooting" typblpb posted, with those bright sparkles and blood fontains, does the game ever need any hit markers?🤣
3) I believe, you guys, did a great job with command rose (radial menu system), but old, Counter-Strike like classic command and responses system was lot more convenient. Even BF-like rose was faster, and, I think, multi-level rose is a bad idea.
4) Don't even stand spotting enemy weapon and gadgets on the ground. IMO, it's useless and only annoys.
5) Squares on your teammates are still work bad. They are too transparent, when they shouldn't be. And on the other side, they can suddenlt draws, when between  your teammate and you stand several walls. And when in this situation an enemy walked between you and ally,  you can easily get confused, it this man your enemy, or not🤔

GAMEPLAY

Pros
1) Mobile Respawn Points are a big step forward. Seems really good.
2) New weapons and grenades are awesome. Need to be slightly balanced, ofc, but at first iteration they are really the breath of fresh air.
3) Heli drone is the tactical aviation we deserve. Either should be calibrated, but looks cool. I hope, it is preparation to future manned helicopters😊
4) Jumping over obstacle, such as concrete barriers or furniture, done much better. Not as perfect, as in BF1, but a great job anyway.
5) VEPR fixed!!!

Cons
1) Respawn on all squad mates. With new Mobile Respawn Point it is redundant, and makes gameplay chaotic and less tactical. I strongly prefer old only on squad leader respawn mechanic. Especially, if soldiers will not appear out of nothing, but paradroping (but this is only dream).
2) Weapon, strikes or vehicle presets still don't save. Please, fix this at last, I'm tired of building manually same customisation of Lebedev to all my loadouts, instead of two clicking on preset.
3) Tried to test weapon on empty Team Deathmatch server, but couldn't even spawn. What a pity.

TOTAL
Even the first part of 0.6 is great with minor issues. You are on the right way, guys, keep it up!

Edited by †FeuerEuphorie†
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Terux said:

I am speaking only for me, but I hope others think the same 🙂

I get pretty much the same amount of FPS on pte and live but on pte all settings are ultra and on live all settings are on low and even then pte is still more consistent.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 часов назад, †FeuerEuphorie† сказал:

3) I believe, you guys, did a great job with command rose (radial menu system), but old, Counter-Strike like classic command and responses system was lot more convenient. Even BF-like rose was faster, and, I think, multi-level rose is a bad idea.

🤨 Y>digits button>digits button system is still in game and working...

5 часов назад, †FeuerEuphorie† сказал:

3) Red screen on wounding seems cool, but I think, needs to be a little more transparent

Me personally would prefer gamescreen bleaching to black'n'white when HP are below 30.

Posted (edited)

M4 - low damage, high RPM, average recoil. Similar to MSBS-K but has better RPM and worse recoil.

sa80 - low damage, high RPM, but insane recoil. It can be adjusted with a grip but you have to spend $10k more to be able to use it (handguard). SA80 looks kinda strange and completely useless in comparison with other weapons of the same caliber

spawn on squadmates - leads to chaotic and less tactic gameplay, endless players on a control point if there is at least 1 enemy is alive and insta deaths like in BF

red screen when you are less than 1/3 HP is annoying. Because if your HP restore up to 33, you will will still have red screen blinking. Maybe decrease the red screen treshold to 25 HP, then you will not get it instantly blinking while you are on 1/3 HP

bad performance when the game is installed on HDD - I have PTE on HDD and live client on SSD. Playing PTE installed on HDD is like hell: 5-7 minutes to get to a battle, freezes, etc - does anyone have the same?

mobile spawn point - just why if every single squadmate is a mobile spawn point

heli drone - nice strike but too cheap in comparison to its performance

new spot system - nice that its no more ingame wallhack as before, but now it works in a strange way: sometimes marks thousands of enemies around the whole map, sometimes marks nothing on the ground (just red square on the ground where no one is), sometimes these marks move with targets, sometimes they dont - total mess.

Edited by Atway
  • Like 1

Performance: the stuttering .5 vs .6 on PTE is greatly reduced, fps drops are not as bad and I don't drop below 60 on warzone (lowest I noticed was around 80), game is looking better running better feeling better. Hopefully is the case with everyone else.

Pros: - mobile spawn (good idea, but destroying it's rcws destroys the vehicle. Also needs more ammo for the turret imo)

- new guns (always a positive, the more the merrier) m4 is good but it doesn't need a nerf nor the SA80.

- some will not like the new spotting system with the UAV, I don't mind it. I think it works better than before when you could spot people through smoke and just spam x. Maybe with the smallest UAV it should pulse like the others rather than be a constant red box around enemies.

New vehicle - same as guns the more the better.

- so far there seems to be less game breaking bugs and issues, this shows you did what you said you would. :) Hopefully more take notice.

Cons: - drones, I'm talking about the quadcopter, I have post a highlight called the drone. Timing its use I think would be a good idea. Don't worry about what I was saying in it, just rambling 

-lmgs are still stronk, with 100 rounds me standing and shooting with out a foregrip, I think it should have more spread and increasing the recoil even more after say 3-5 shots would make shooting in bursts more of a meta rather than full auto spamming, it still isn't that easy but it's not very hard to do as well.

- right now the heli drone is hella strong, some kind of surface to Air missile would be nice. It is very difficult to hit with machine guns and RPGs

Other thoughts

I didn't know where else to put this, but there is a content creator that seems to have a grudge towards this game or idk what. But they seem to be having difficulty finding information about the game or imo are lazy and have no clue what's going on since they are not an active member in this community. Don't worry about haters like that, there is a reason other developers told them to hit the road. Their information is not researched or accurate since they're not here. You guys are doing well, keep focused, keep them patches good quality and most importantly. Take the time needed, this isn't a horse race. 👍

• Like 2

17 минут назад, Atway сказал:

spawn on squadmates - leads to chaotic and less tactic gameplay, endless players on a control point if there is at least 1 enemy is alive and insta deaths like in BF

bad performance when the game is installed on HDD - I have PTE on HDD and live client on SSD. Playing PTE installed on HDD is like hell: 5-7 minutes to get to a battle, freezes, etc - does anyone have the same?

heli drone - nice strike but too cheap in comparison to its performance

new spot system - nice that its no more ingame wallhack as before, but now it works in a strange way: sometimes marks thousands of enemies around the whole map, sometimes marks nothing on the ground (just red square on the ground where no one is), sometimes these marks move with targets, sometimes they dont - total mess.

Изменено 1 минуту назад пользователем

Spawnsystem. It's supposed to be "SL on anyone of squadmates" not "any squadmate on any squadmate".  Devs have said yesterday that they'll check and choose.

Game on HDD. Less than 2 mins loading time.

Heli drone is too cheap in comparison to it's durability.

Spotsystem. 🤨 UAV above enemies, and here they are - red marks.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tynblpb said:

Spotsystem. 🤨 UAV above enemies, and here they are - red marks.

at least it can be used every single second as before by spamming X

4 hours ago, Atway said:

new spot system - nice that its no more ingame wallhack as before

How? You can mark enemies trough walls, the uav will make a 3d marker which you can see from any position and distance and you can see the markers trough walls and builsings. It's worse wallhack then before. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, maddinii said:

How? You can mark enemies trough walls, the uav will make a 3d marker which you can see from any position and distance and you can see the markers trough walls and builsings. It's worse wallhack then before. 

in 0.5 you can mark an enemy behind a cover and track his movements. Just spam X ftw. New spot system is bad too, but at least spamming X doesnt allow you to track enemies all the time

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

so .6 is pretty bad right now. when you read the down below remember I gave some positives in post before this.

UAV literal wall hacks now with spotting people through the walls.

Spotting sometimes spots people through walls so its still a wallhack. Should only be a pin system instead of ever marking players since now people will be spaming the pins every where trying to mark other players.

And the spawn on teammate. WTF this straight up BS. having people spawn on squad leader was bad enough but now this. It wasn't in the original build of the game for a reason because its a broken mechanic.

You end up shooting friendlies who spawn on top of you either because you are in a gun fight or because they spook you and when you are shooting enemies they have people spawn right on top of them which is BS for both parties involved.

The Helo is straight cheese. Bolters do 1 damage like ARs and you cant even hit the thing. 3 different people shooting at it and out of 60 rounds only 8 damage and out of a lmg only 19 of 100. A very good reason Air was not put in to the game at first because it is broken. The only counter to a pilot who isn't bad is jammer which is press one button counter and not what would be considers fun interesting gameplay. It can still be adjusted and put into the game since you put so much work into it but its is game breaking right now. You got to spend so much ammo and it still doesnt deter it and you have to spend so much time trying to shoot it that you are at risk to ground forces.

.4 was a stab to the gut which killed off the many players who stuck through .3s crashes and .6 will be the throat slit. These bad decisions is whats killing the game that a lot of people put stock into you and were hoping for this game to be good.

Many of these choices should of been ignored if brought up, and many of the gameplay changes that are killing the gameplay wont even be experimented in going the opposite direction to see if things get better.

Ignoring feedback and good sound arguments based on the math surrounding the science in game design but taking the YesMan feel good opinions of people who dont know what they are talking about and cant even play well is a serous issue.

.4 didn't work and .5 didn't work and .6 will severely hurt the game. You cant be like its only advertisement its only bugs, if the game was great and if people had faith in you still they would keep playing. There's been issue in game for months that just get ignored or made worst and Im not talking about tech but the games design. From the start really good and skilled players looked at this game and gave their suggestions but got ignored. for the past 6 months people have been asking for a TTK raise and been giving good argument for it and explaining the issues around low TTK. You cant have a Esport competitive game community at all with how this game is so mark those people off your target audience. Those people will get board and frustrated and got to better games.

Most of the good players said **** this and left already because they were smart enough to give up. Now guess who you have left to tell you how good of a job you are doing as the game burns down.

Most of the people I used to play with straight up told me that they lost faith in you and quit the game a long time ago. You guys proved them right and many of the changes in .6 ontop of changes these past 6 months show that they were right.

@Morp @Borreh

Edited by Rozmo
Inappropriate Words
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

I think someone is going overboard for who knows what time with his "I'm  oh so pro  and others here don't know a shit and are all noobs. Everyone, who doesn't agree with me is noob and his opinion matters not.".

I was holding myself down for too long(by my standards), I can be like that too:

If u can't shoot down HeliDrone using handheld weaponry - USE F....NG JAMMER, NOOB! If u r too much elitist and want it to "die" by ur hands - USE F..NG LOITERING AMMO, oh, so pro e-sports cybergamer! 

Typed about Loitering Ammo and remembered. Devs, what did u do to it?  Loitering Ammo now sometimes has too high inertia. I moved a mouse a little, but it's still turning and turning and turning. Good thing if it's turning, usually it's diving. At first u r: Arrrgh! I'm not gonna let u die like thiiiis! - And then u r: Arrrgh! 1500BPs wasted!

And 1 more thing. Why there is no cooldown for HeliDrone? I thought, that all vehicles that have ThermalScopes in loadouts must have call in cooldown. Now if u have enough BPs u can simply spam HeliDrones.

Edited by tynblpb
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 часа назад, tynblpb сказал:

Typed about Loitering Ammo and remembered. Devs, what did u do to it?  Loitering Ammo now sometimes has too high inertia. I moved a mouse a little, but it's still turning and turning and turning. Good thing if it's turning, usually it's diving. At first u r: Arrrgh! I'm not gonna let u die like thiiiis! - And then u r: Arrrgh! 1500BPs wasted!

I agree. It's uncontrollable. Tried to bomb you with it an hour ago, but it turned 45 degrees in the end, and I missed.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, †FeuerEuphorie† said:

I agree. It's uncontrollable. Tried to bomb you with it an hour ago, but it turned 45 degrees in the end, and I missed.

It's pretty useless because you either

A) get a kill on a soldier that is prone/controlling a drone themselves/AFK that you could kill any other way

B) Fail to chase around a soldier who sees you coming because of the massive turning circle

C) Try and hit a vehicle and spend literal minutes trying to correct the ridiculous inertia

D) Hit a vehicle and bounce off it

E) Try and chase a vehicle back to its spawn and lose your drone because it's slower than a tank(?) and it's impossible to get it back inside the map within the ten second limit because of how long it takes to turn

Either make it more powerful so it's a usable AV or just decrease inertia so you can actually hit things the size of a barn

• Thanks 1

I think it is great patch.

This game needed some helicopters. But this means that you need anti-air missiles. I have never destroyed any helicopter, because you must shoot on it from small armsor RPG, but the RPG is not so fast and hard to hit.

The SA80 is great, but you should also make L86 not only L85 and L22. On olders L85s you can attach only susat as a colimator, because of the rail. So you should make susat too.

Sorry but I haven't tried the new ajax and M4 so I can't evaluate this.

The new mechanics of spawn are better than before but remove spawning on teamates please.

New spotting system is good idea, but I think it is broken. Because you can spot someone through walls.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Artaxiad300062 said:

Also is it just me or is the dot smaller again? 

It is.

• Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

Quas are OP and cheese shouldn't even be in the game, its a free kill but people are asking for it to be easier to kill with even still.

LMGs do to much damage lower the damage, then add a heat up mechanic to deter people from long burst like how its is in real life. Barrel heats up the gun gains a little bit of spread, if it gets too hot it wont fire and you got to change barrels.

guns already have exaggerated recoil and most people in real life just hip fire and aim with traces any ways when not prone but we are not going to have accurate hipfire.

I would like the dont to big again as QoL but its doesn't matter as long as we have it.

Remove spawning on people entirely.

Edited by TZoningHard
  • Haha 1

Do not add an overheat mechanic.  Who cares if people use long bursts? That's what lmgs are for.  Besides, it takes a couple hundred rounds of continued fire to make a barrel overheat, let alone force a barrel change.  I use the lmgs all the time and I think they are fine.  In cqc they can shred, since the innaccuracy of sustained fire is nullified by close environment.  When I use lmgs on warzone it's almost impossible to hit the broad side of a barn unless you are prone and using a bipod.  This kind of complaining is what killed the shotguns, they are useless now, and forced the devs to get rid of the Tor.  These kinds of complaints just sound like you guys want another battlefield instead of a new game.  I honestly think we need to let the devs finish the game and get optimization and hit reg figured out first then see what is actually OP.  From what I've seen lately the AK15 is more OP than the lmgs, but I wouldn't advocate changing it until other things are finished.

• Like 2

If I had to score this patch so far, I'd give it a loose 6 out of 10. Overall very good, but still improvements to be made, fixes to be achieved, and of course I cannot give it a final judgement till it gets closer to release.

-----------------------------------------

General Game Performance

Most serious issues I've experienced are-

• Getting stuck on the loading screen when leaving a match
  • Rare CTD here and there (all of which I report right away)
  • Hits on target not registering <- though this is a much more rare experience when compared to the two above.

Other than those three things, I haven't experienced much in the way of performance issues. Everything is running better and better as time goes by and if everything holds up when it goes to live, I think People should be very happy with the performance work that you all have sunk into this patch so far. But, only time will tell ultimately as I know there can always be an issue that rises between PTE to Live servers. So, prepare for the worse case scenario even if all lights look green. Other than that though my only other gripe would be that I want to play 0.6 on PTE more than I want to play 0.5 on live, but People still seem to want to play live instead of PTE.

M4 Assault Rifle

- I overall really dig this weapon and can say for sure that it will likely be one of my top favorites (trying to keep my American favoritism in check mind you) going into the live game. I know People are saying nerf the gun and honestly I can see some places I think it can be tuned better without losing it's middle of the road gameplay.

My suggestions for the M4 are as followed.

General Performance

• Increase it's reload time from 1.0 to 2.0 or 2.5
  • Lower it's RPM from 740 to 700

I personally don't think these changes will hurt the M4 all that much, if anything the slightly lower RPM could be seen as a buff in the long range department, but a nerf in the short range department while furthering the difference between the M4 from the SA80, G36, & MSBS-K.

Attachments

• Add Short Barrel & Short Barrel (Frontal Sight) options to improve the Weapon's CQC performance a bit more.

- Other than those four things I'd say the M4 is overall solid. 👍

SA80 Assault Rifle

- I was pleasantly shocked to see this gun added to the game and can say it's easily in the top 6 favorite range of mine. Though to be honest, I think it needs a light buff to make it perform a bit better.

My suggestions for the SA80 are as followed.

General Performance

• Decrease it's recoil from 0.88 to 0.76 - 0.80

I know higher end recoil is suppose to be the weapon's drawback. But, I think taking the recoil from 0.88 down to either 0.80, 0.76 at the most, or somewhere in between would make the gun a bit more approachable for players that are maybe a bit hesitant about using such a higher rpm weapon. Even if the recoil was dropped down somewhere between or exactly to those listed numbers, the weapon would still be on the higher end of recoil when compared to most other assault rifles.

Attachments

Cannot think of anything at this time that needs adding, changing, or removing. Though as Rivy has pointed out in a report, the weapon does seem to have a bit of a problem with keeping the attachments we put on it.

- Other than those two things I think the SA80 is solid. 👍

Helicopter Drone

- Now that the Helicopter Drone is in a much more stable state and I've had more than a few small scale matches to really play with it, I have to say that I really, really like it. But. It does need a nerf hammer taken to it and in my opinion some things changed about it. The amount though I would change about the Helicopter Drone should really be reserved for an entirely dedicated post rather than this feedback post. Otherwise this reply of mine will be a massive wall of text. So, I will sum up my opinions of the Helicopter Drone as it currently stands-

Still an awesome addition to the game that provides a new layer of gameplay to the WW3 battlefield. But, it's role on the battlefield as a flying tank with enough ammunition & weapon variety to level a city block makes the other Unmanned Drones largely useless and overall should have it's role on the WW3 battlefield re-imagined through various changes. Primarily to make it's role in game to be a CAS (Close Air-Support) capable UAV (Unmanned Aerial Vehicle) that can bring destructive firepower to the battlefield in an agile, but very fragile weapon platform.

Though one major problem with it right now is when it gets jammed by the global jammer strike. Even if the Helicopter Drone gets jammed without being destroyed by the enemy or flying out of bounds, the user is unable to use the Drone again even after the jamming signal has passed. The only thing they can do to fix this is die/respawn and give it time before the Strike unlocks itself again.

- Later today or tomorrow I will make a dedicated post regarding the Helicopter Drone. I overall consider it still a solid addition to the game, but I understand where People are coming from when they give it both forms of flak. 👍

New Grenades

- Really happy to have these new Grenades in the game and no arguments against them being in. Still playing around and testing them though so I don't have much in the way of suggestions for them beyond the following...

Phosphorus Grenade

• Should have it's smoke effect duration increased by 2-4 seconds.

Thermite Grenade

• Should have it's damage scale up by 2x for every second a IFV, AFV, or MBT stays on top of it. Currently it doesn't do enough damage against them to make it worth deploying against them (unless of course the Thermite grenade was not suppose to be a serious threat to the Heavy Vehicle Strikes)
  • Effect duration increased by 3-6 seconds

Impact Grenade

• No real opinion on them just yet.

All that aside though, awesome stuff. 👍

Squad Spawn Mechanic

- I've heard this thing isn't working as it's suppose to and it's actually a mistake that players are able to spawn on non-squad leaders. If this is indeed a bug, than I hope it gets fixed before going to live servers. If it's a new feature however, it's one I'm against entirely as it takes away from the Squad Leader which already doesn't do all that much different from the regular folks in the squad.

So, if it's just a bug and it gets fixed. 👍

If it's a new feature to be added to the game. 👎

New Spawn Vehicle

- I know it's still in it's early test run so I cannot give it an extreme amount of criticism. But, it does have some issues that need to be looked into.

1. If someone uses the Weapon Turret on it there is a chance they can get stuck in limbo. The player is stuck inside of it, but do not register as actually being inside of the Vehicle. They cannot respawn out of the vehicle also, so they're forced to exit the match or the game itself just to resolve the issue. I've only experienced this once myself, so this may have just been a one off matter. But, a matter that should be looked into all the same.
  2. Vehicle takes a large amount of damage when People just shoot the weapon turret itself. Again, I know the Vehicle is still in it's early testing, but this needs to be fixed as a dedicated team can just destroy the Spawn Vehicle with regular gun fire. If players use RPGs, it takes 4 regular RPG rounds+1 Tandem round to that weapon turret to send the Vehicle to the scrap yard. Obviously the RPG should do the most damage to the Spawn Vehicle when compared to other small arms. But, it should be because the shooter is aiming at the flanks or rear of the Vehicle, not because they got a shot at the turret which isn't a critical performance part of the Vehicle.

Still doing some general performance tests, but overall the New Spawn Vehicle is serving it's cause just fine outside of those two issues above. 👍

New Spotting Mechanics

- Not much to say beyond I like them a lot better this way than the old way. I know some People won't like the amount of spamming that needs to be done, but it is a step up from the generic spotting mechanic of old where you were just hunting the red markers. Still need to do some more tests with it, but right now it's a step in the right direction as far as I'm concerned. 👍

New Communication Mechanics

- Still needing to use this thing a bit more before commenting much further on it.

New Jammer Mechanics

- While I really like this new way of Jamming Drones a lot better than just the instant connection kill. I do think it can be expanded upon for more flavor enhancement and the Jammer strikes changed up a little more to make them a bit more interesting/influential on the battlefield than they currently are. But, the amount of suggestions I would make on this would be better served in a dedicated post, so I will try to get around to that when I can after the Helicopter Drone topic. But, for now they serve their cause just fine and are less frustrating than just simply killing the Drone Pilot's/Driver's connection right away to their Strike. 👍

Players not being able to capture Objectives while inside of IFVs, AFVs, & MBTs.

- Cannot believe I forgot to bring this up. I'm not sure if this was planned or a mistake. But, if IFVs, AFVs, and MBTs are no longer able to capture objectives on their own as planned, than I fully support this idea, and that is coming from someone who loves his Armored Vehicles. By doing this it increases the Vehicle's dependency on having Infantry there with it when pushing into the enemy held objective points. While the Vehicle provides the overwhelming heavy firepower that Infantry lack, the Infantry provide security for the Vehicle while capturing the objective zone, creating a mutual dependence between them. If this is indeed planned and not a mere bug, good job! If it's a bug and not an intended design, well...keep the bug lol. 👍

Keep up the good work Devs! 👍😎👍

Edited by Dunabar
Added to the list
  • Like 3