weedtime

Feedback on update 0.6

6 hours ago, Dunabar said:

Wanted to include quotes but your review was quite large and I agreed with most of it.

M4 - would like to see burst mode removed for realism purposes, plus burst mode also gives players who haven't learnt as good recoil control an ability to shoot more effectively, making this a bit of a nerf for a gun that, while not overpowered, should probably see a little bit of tinkering so that it's implemented well.

SA80 - can't really comment so much on this because I used this as a CQC weapon. Would like to have either rail handguard as default or some kind of stat boost for the base handguard. You've said the recoil was too strong, I found it only manageable once I'd purchased a rail handguard and put a grip on it. This could seriously cheese new players who buy this as their second rifle and don't have a spare 10k around

Heli drone - I see you said you wanted another post for this but I will add my thoughts. Global jammer is cheese for the pilot, but is one of the few guaranteed ways for a takedown. As an infantry player, the only way one can be practically destroyed is with a jammer, as the RPG is just too slow. If there were some other way to take it out as infantry that would greatly diversify the gameplay. Doesn't have to be easy, just an alternative so we don't have to rely on strikes to save our asses. Maybe having subsystems like optics would be cool because that would require a lot of skill to hit on a moving helicopter.

12 minutes ago, nubbits said:

Wanted to include quotes but your review was quite large and I agreed with most of it.

M4 - would like to see burst mode removed for realism purposes, plus burst mode also gives players who haven't learnt as good recoil control an ability to shoot more effectively, making this a bit of a nerf for a gun that, while not overpowered, should probably see a little bit of tinkering so that it's implemented well.

SA80 - can't really comment so much on this because I used this as a CQC weapon. Would like to have either rail handguard as default or some kind of stat boost for the base handguard. You've said the recoil was too strong, I found it only manageable once I'd purchased a rail handguard and put a grip on it. This could seriously cheese new players who buy this as their second rifle and don't have a spare 10k around

Heli drone - I see you said you wanted another post for this but I will add my thoughts. Global jammer is cheese for the pilot, but is one of the few guaranteed ways for a takedown. As an infantry player, the only way one can be practically destroyed is with a jammer, as the RPG is just too slow. If there were some other way to take it out as infantry that would greatly diversify the gameplay. Doesn't have to be easy, just an alternative so we don't have to rely on strikes to save our asses. Maybe having subsystems like optics would be cool because that would require a lot of skill to hit on a moving helicopter.

Nahh it's pretty easy to take out heli drone with RPG if you compensate for it's movements and RPG travel speed, i've taken out around 5 heli drones with RPGs no problem 

3 minutes ago, nubbits said:

And to think I was actively trying to keep the post on the smaller side lol.

4 minutes ago, nubbits said:

I could see that being a good choice if some variant of the M16 is added to the game as well which will further that difference between the two weapons. So yeah, full agreement there if the M16 gets added, otherwise I would just leave it alone so Players can 'make their M16' without it actually being the M16. We will see what the Devs do though. :)

19 minutes ago, nubbits said:

I had forgot all about that handguard matter because I dropped cash on buying a new one right away lol. I use it as a CQC weapon, a quasi-Squad Automatic Weapon for fire support, and a burst fire DMR mainly myself. So I've managed to get use to the recoil already, but I will agree that it could seriously cheese a new player who buys it as their second rifle and don't have a spare 10k around. I think having the stock handguard have a light stat buff wouldn't be too big of a deal, as a matter of fact you could tie that light recoil reduction into it to make it a tad bit more manageable than it would be regularly.

34 minutes ago, nubbits said:

I've already started on that dedicated post, so we will see what ultimately comes of it when that is finished. :)

I wouldn't mind subsystems being added that effect the performance of the Unmanned Drones. The Helicopter Drone could have-

• Tail Rotor - Damaging it makes it harder for the Drone to turn.
  • Main Rotor- Damaging it makes it so the Helicopter Drone cannot fly nearly as high
  • Optic Feed - Damaging it scrambles the visual feed for the Drone like it would for any other Vehicle
  • Left Weapon System - Damaging it makes the left weapon incapable of firing.
  • Right Weapon System - Damaging it makes the right weapon incapable of firing.

We already have this stuff for the IFVs, AFVs, and MBTs so I don't think it would be a big deal to have it on the UGVs/UAV. But, I can think of some extra stuff that can be done, but it all ties together, so I'm going to save that for the dedicated post I'm making. But, I do think subsystems would be good if the Devs want to go down that path.

• Like 1

1 час назад, Dunabar сказал:
  •  
  • Optic Feed - Damaging it scrambles the visual feed for the Drone like it would for any other Vehicle

Ehmmmm... I don't know what WW3 game u both are playing, but in MY version HeliOptics can be damaged.

Though I do agree that ability to destroy weapon systems will be a step in a right way.

2 minutes ago, tynblpb said:

Ehmmmm... I don't know what WW3 game u both are playing, but in MY version HeliOptics can be damaged.

Though I do agree that ability to destroy weapon systems will be a step in a right way.

Can they? Huh. People clearly need to shoot at the nose of my Helicopter more it seems.

Nice update 0.6.2  !

New maps are very good.  GOOD JOB ! 

Nice to see TOR in setup again . But it should have bigger instability  during standing and aiming.

Just small detail on Smolensk.
If you write on that white object that is radar... In reality the radars shouldn't have any trees in close distance ;) Look for instance here http://wikimapia.org/18484321/pl/184-krt

I know that it looks much better with trees.

In my opinion Smolensk map has currently too big brightness. In comparison to other maps.

4 games already and no crash :)

Server browser allows to search only for 1 type of map. First it was Warsaw. After game restart it is Polyarniy...

20190417093307_1.thumb.jpg.c09f1f5d18f58e6019f9d12304b1695c.jpg

I've got really impressed, when have seen new BTK numbers. I will write long post in "Suggestions" about damage system. And before I admit some features and issues.
1) On paper, standart 5.56 and 7.62 assault rifles seems perfect at the moment against armor plates (3-6 for 7.62 and 4-7 for 5.56) in close combat. This BTK provides semi-realistic gunplay as well as in-game armor customisation features.
2) But 5.45 and .300 BTK seems... strange. 8 BTK is really too high for assault rifles even for 5.45 (however, it has more flesh damage, than 5.56). And Blackout should have same penetration is close combat, as 7.62. These issues combines with next.
3) Gutshots and limb damage. Gutshot is an infamous feature turned into bug. New multipliers and BTK numbers FORCES people to shoot in the center of the enemy model. Especially for 5.45 and 0.300 Blackout. For example:

MSBS-B
35 base damage ---> 3 gutshots BTK, with 0.75x limb multiplier ---> 4 BTK, steel plate ---> 8 BTK.

This feature for shooting legs in encounter is good for PDWs and pistols, as they are not general purpose weapon. But, IMO, gunplay with assault rifles shoud benefit people from head-torso aiming, not legs.

4) When i saw 20 BTK for pistol ammo against steel armor, it seemed VERY ridiculous. But then, I realised, thats leg- and arms-shooting will be cool mechanic for weapons, based on pistol ammo. But not for assault rifles, please.

5) I have already (and not only me) written, it's strange, that same ammo weapons (Tochnost and MG5) has damage difference near 3 times. But when I saw real BTK... it is even worse (4x for ceramic and, I guess Tochnost will oneshot even throw steel plate with AP rounds). It's insanely bad. Guys, please, don't turn this good game into another "Sniperfield". Snipers should benefit from precise headshots, not easy take frags, oneshotting everybody.

Edited by †FeuerEuphorie†

Well, played on both new maps...

?

But,  I hope they are unoptimized because otherwise I need new comp. Smolensk C2 - 10-15FPS on everything low except meshes and drawdistance and medium AA.

Скрытый текст

20190417205938_1.thumb.jpg.7690b00d7e5b090776f2feccae3800a9.jpg20190417205914_1.thumb.jpg.a31407dc75dda5a44f55e1f3db1e2e66.jpg

HeliDrone with reduced armor is now close to being balanced. And on Smolensk with it's trees and bushes it's not so scary as it's on urban maps. On Polyarniy with it's hills it's vulnerable to APC 300mm guns fire.

As of firefights. Sometimes it's 1.3-1.5 times longer. Sometimes as it was before. New experience - firefights in the bushes.

Garages(C2 if i'm not mistaken) on Polyarniy are scary. U don't know how much enemies will be there, but u have to check them all and u have only 2 grenades...

Had 1 crash.

All in all 0.6.2 is awesome, in my biased opinion of someone who loves to play WW3.

Is it me or is 0.6PTE version quieter than 0.5 live?

Edited by tynblpb

On 4/20/2019 at 9:44 AM, Artaxiad300062 said:

Its more populated 

I was talking about sound volume...

On 4/19/2019 at 9:23 PM, tynblpb said:

Is it me or is 0.6PTE version quieter than 0.5 live?

Well, silencers are now working on all(?) weapons in game. And that's good. And I'll use this chance to remind about 1 thing that I rly want devs to do.

2 types of rockets "onboard" of HeliDrone. It's WIP or it was in plans, but lately variety of ammo types was reduced to 1? Because I can't switch to AP rockets no matter what buttons I press.

20190420172954_1.thumb.jpg.3c057258daa9e9a7ab12577501c13ff8.jpg

Sometimes I'm stopping... to look on ambient effects on Smolensk.?

smolensk.gif.32dd85c4b48240211600b9ac954b8b47.gif

• Like 1

Need to remove the spotting people mechanic. You still have people trying to spam x because it marks people.

It clutters the view when you are trying to see people as the marker doesn't follow them but adds another layer to look pass in order to see a player.

The spotting people mechanic actually makes it more difficult to see enemies as it doesn't show their actual location.

Even if you have a cooldown it will still mess with the gameplay making it frustrating when you cant see a player behind the marking.

The pin spot mechanics needs to have a UI revised and be less intrusive to the game because it also makes it hard to see whats behind it. Should be more like GPS coordinates that hug the ground and are small not big boxes that are able to cover a person up.

Spotting should only be marking vehicles and locations.

Smolensk looks good, lots of LOD issues coming from .6.2 ot 6.3 where stairs are invisible, see through floors in the bunkers, and trees vanish

NEW SPOTTING SYSTEM – our brand new spotting system is a hybrid of features inspired by games such as Battlefield 2 or APEX.

What makes the new spotting system better? Here are some of the new features:

Commo rose menu – you will be able to access a commo rose menu, by holding the spotting button (X by default). We’ve also added a new ability called ping. You can now mark in-game locations (leave a world marker) for your squadmates to show them what you are looking at, give them directions or simply mark useful things on the map (to do that, just double tap the X button). Commo rose options can be selected pointing the mouse or using numbers keys.

For the com rose I would like a option at least that wont cover the middle of my screen. planetside 2 v system where it comes to the side of the screen and you press keys instead of use your mouse which means the player looses some controls while they are com rosing.

Not bad but its a liability which I would like a alternative too.

In the future there will be many types of commo rose menus popping up contextually, depending on what type of marker you focus on.

The types of markers you will be able to choose from, are:

• World markers
  • Objectives
  • Enemies
  • Squadmates
  • Vehicles
  • Weapons
  • Equipment

Double tapping X on a marker, will perform a default quick action and holding X will display corresponding commo rose with some advanced options.

neutral

Commo rose system is designed to be fully context based, and options presented in those menus will differ from marker to marker.

Spotting enemies – from now on, markers don’t follow the enemies. They only show the last location in which an enemy has been spotted, linger for a set amount of time, then fade away. Player can always reacquire the target by tapping the spotting button (X by default). This change decreases the disadvantage of the marked player (no more wallhack for the spotting soldier, no more spotting through smoke, no more spot macros).

You say no more wallhack, just remember that. IDK anyone who used macros only people who spammed the spot button which people will still do and are still doing in PTE since it still marks players. Still incentivized to spam the spot button since you need to press it to update the location. The spot marker right now just confuses and hides the players locations. Doesn't add any good gameplay just makes

Impulse spotting drones redesign. Impulse drones like Barracuda, will spot enemies in 3d space (with every impulse, the last location of marked enemies will be displayed in the world space). Continuous spotting drones (like Flying Eye) will work as they did in the past (spotting enemies and vehicles only on the tactical map).

With the new spotting mechanics we hope that players will gain new tools for easy and intuitive communication and better spatial awareness, along with being more fair and keeping the focus on shooting the soldiers, not red squares.

Remember about no more wallhack, well you added it back in with more power. UAVs already problematic lets make it more of a issue. Pretty much saying lets make the game more casual then it already is. Now there will be markers everywhere on the map that wont be the actual location of the player if they move blocking the view of what they marked. In the past you knew

Spotting system should of not been in the game, there was no reason to have it. It was for "teamwork" but on paper a good player could of told you it would be spammed and used to make the game more easier for the person and not for teamwork. It was put into the game to make it easier not to solve a problem.

There isn't a problem in the game that needs to be solved by the new system. This system is more broken then the last. Its broken on paper and in practice.

It blocks the view of the player who is trying to identify opponents. It covers the enemy behind the markers and is extra concealment. You mark a player they move to the left or right and now they have clear visuals but you dont.

What issue was there for this to be put into the game to solve, there was no reason to fix spotting when it was bugged at the start of the game and we could see the game worked well with out it.

These changes just are another continual dumbing down of the game making it more casual and less interesting for good players. UAVs already told your player locations which was a bad idea.

VOIP – is a tool which allows players to communicate directly inside the game client. From now on, by holding the radio button (by default Y) you will be able to talk with your squadmates. You can also mute them on the scoreboard.

neutral

IN-GAME RADIO – by pressing the Y button once, you will display the radio menu, with many useful voice commands. Some of them are paired with corresponding tactical animations. The categories you can choose from, are: responses, direct orders, social, requests and strike requests.

This feature was implemented to give players who can’t or just dislike speaking directly to other players a way to communicate. Also it’s a nice addition for those who like to roleplay as soldiers.

Just make this not in the center of the screen and have it were you can press a button to use it instead of using mouse movements. The mechanic isn't bad I would just want a better alternative for me to use. Will pressing Y activate the voip for a lil bit before for it

Spawn system improvements

MOBILE SPAWN POINT – is a special purpose infantry vehicle that spawns inside your base. It has the capability to spawn not only squadmates but also the rest of your team. It is heavily armored with massive health pool but very limited offensive options. When destroyed, another vehicle will spawn in your base after some penalty cooldown.

MSP is a great tool for flanking and coordinating attacks, using the force of the entire team, so make sure to keep it out of sight and defend it. Good MSP placement can change the battle in your favor very easily.

Meaningless on the first 3 maps he have already but works well on the two new ones. The current 3 are too small to be used in a proper manner as logistics. Not enough places to put it so its just a brute force tool. Not a bad thing on the first 3 maps and a good thing on the next 2. Its a better place to spawn then the broken places to spawn you in front of or behind enemies.

LEADER SPAWN ON SQUADMATES – is a new, additional spawn option for you. The rule is simple – squadmates can spawn only on the squad leader but squad leaders can spawn on every squad member.

This feature is designed to give squads more opportunities to play together and increase their flanking capabilities. It should also elevate the squad leader by making his spawner abilities more useful.

You already insta kill players, you can kill entire squads by your self with one 30 round magazine. There was not a issue with needing to flank other players. This is BS speak trying to make a non existent problem for something that was never a issue so you can dumb down the game more.

Flanking was already over rewarding players from the start of the games launch. You didnt want skilled players from counter players who shot first but lack aim. You didnt want skilled players to outplay people who shot first in fair fights and now you want to make the fair fights less of a thing and try to promote flanking more which is the tactic of making unfair fights. You can flank in this game already if you arent braindead but you want players to not have to think and still get thanks. How fun is it to ahve the game brought down to acts of randomness because flanking which is the easiest thing in the game to do is still to hard for the players to do. You dont need still you just need to remember to go around not straight on to flank. Removing skill and thinking from the game is killing it.

There is already a issue with the current system creating problems where spawning in players interrupt the fights that are already occurring making a mess of good gameplay.

The spawning is already a nuisance for me when I squad lead as I keep having people spawning in front, behind, and to the side of me when I'm trying to kill other players getting in the way. Or when I'm trying to flank I have dumb teammates run off and alert the enemy to my location as I'm moving around to the side.

Spawning is a liability and only a convenience feature that hurts the game. You already spawn so fast and there are plenty of spawning locations and spawn camping is non existent.

There is no need for spawning on players and it only harms the game making it too chaotic for strategic or tactical gameplay when you can move so many players across the map. Prevents proper reading of the map.

Should fix the spawning locations that have people spawn infront of people first instead of making that issue worse.

Rose colored glasses from people that dont know how the games already works making it worse and worse each patch. The game is already super casual and dumbed down but you want to kill it more. But when it doesn't work you bury your heads and pretend it all alright maybe only slightly undoing the damage you caused. Break the game and continue breaking it. I haven't even seen any changes get undone when they were shown to put the game in a worst state.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 часов назад, TZoningHard сказал:

For the com rose I would like a option at least that wont cover the middle of my screen. planetside 2 v system where it comes to the side of the screen and you press keys instead of use your mouse which means the player looses some controls while they are com rosing.

You can choose commands in comrose and quick radio both using buttons and mouse.

Airstrikes now receive bonus BP for destroying vehicles,

• Additional points for destroyed vehicles - exceptions for Quad and Buggy,

You already get a bunch of points for killing vehicles why are you giving more handouts. 3 RPGs gets me 800 points for low effort work already.

People are not going to suddenly think that they should use streaks on tanks more just because it gives them BP.

Just lower the score over all already. Stop making the game easy mode. Make people work for something and they wont get bored and quit. Number one issue with this game is that its easier then it was at launch and a whole lot more boring. You arent making room for casuals the game already was pretty casual in the first place and need more skill ceiling.

Even core and casual players will get bored of a easy game eventually.

image.png.22536e9ce2af821be57d7679658efdf4.png

unknown.png

• Thanks 1
  • Angry 1

8 часов назад, TZoningHard сказал:

Just lower the score over all already

I partially agree. It is strange, that player takes point on hit soldier/vehicle. I think, you should receive score only, if enemy you hit, dies (or vehicle destroyed) It is an assist already, and I think, it's enough. Same for spotting, only destroying enemy, you have spotted should grant you score, not the spot itself. And I'd like to see "Heavy assist" instead of "Assist on Kill" that's will grant more score, than usual kill, but not kill count in score tab.

• Like 2

Waited a long time with this, but here it as like a special delivery cake. I think this is the first time, that it'll be mostly positive from me, so you got something to be excited about! 

Hit Registration & Gun Play

After Hit Reg being "better" (but not fixed) you start to notice some differences in weapons and certain weapons become more of a value and are an alternative to use now. There is still some weapons, that are seemingly stronger then others. I've noticed a pattern, that is whenever a weapon is "too op" - it will get more recoil as part of a nerf. This makes usually only very little difference and you can still say that weapon is a god damn super sayagin. Anyway having more options to choose from also makes it more fun to play. Support weapons don't really have a place in the match at the moment. There's a problem, where the weapon is so heavy that you can't use anything else, but in close combat they'll be very hard to control (talking about MG5). So all you do is sit back and relax, hope that somebody crosses your screen, which is not a given thing, due to the speed of which objectives change. All in all the weapons are playable and most shots do hit the target - it's a massive improvement. 

Foliage & Vegetation

The Foliage or more precisely all those bushes is like the only reason why i would prefer to play Warsaw and other maps, instead of Smolensk. I like how everything looks super awesome, but i'm having a really hard time spotting things and half of the gun fights happen behind me. The reason: When i stand next to a plant it covers the entire screen completely. In other games you would stand next to a plant and it gets semi-transparent - i am sort of missing this here. You could argue with "realistic", but it's not. If you'd stand next to a bush you don't focus on the bush you'd focus on something behind it - Finger to Nose thing. This is a little problem that makes a big difference for me. 

Sounds & Footsteps

From not hearing anything to being able to hear somebody move trough a building - big plus here. I would like to see more "disadvantages" like when you crouch and walk slowly you shouldn't be louder then somebody shooting a weapon in the distance which currently is the case. Depending on your concentration level you can develop a 360° all round awareness without even touching the volume controls in the settings. Still i like the improvements and besides that there is not much to say. To make it from good to perfect it needs some disadvantages and more sounds on different materials

Spawn Points

Oh boi this is a big thing. Now spawning on a vehicle isn't exactly something new. You would just remove that ability and put it on a special vehicle only. To my surprise it doesn't actually make a huge difference. The thing is, that you can now safely park the vehicle and benefit from it, but if you parked a tank somewhere you would loose more then you'd gain, so that's done okay. You have the odd ghost spawn, that's kind of confusing but the vehicle is not to powerfully, you can easily destroy it with rockets and c4 if you find it. Spawning on squad mates is an okay thing, but it creates an infinite loop of re-spawning that gets kind of frustrating. I'll have an entire section for this. Most of this stuff is okay to me and it seems a good job. 

Spawn cooldown

Following the section above - there is no real control over where and when people can spawn. I remember a while back it was said "no revive system!", but the current spawn system is exactly that, just you have a death screen. You kill any person and he'll respawn at his squad lead or team members. When you take an objective it doesn't feel like a big success, more like a little grind, because you gotta kill the same people over and over. I would like to see a bit of a cooldown. If you are squad leader and spawned on squad mate he won't be able to spawn on squad lead until you're dead. If you are squad member and spawned on squad lead he won't be able to spawn on you until you're dead - but can still spawn on all other team mates. Limiting "infinite lives" to "two lives" seams reasonable to me or what do you think? I was also thinking about the mobile spawn point and maybe you should be able to spawn only when somebody has actually entered the vehicle, but in the end i think this could be a bit to much. Ether way it doesn't feel like an accomplishment when you successfully strike an objective, as people are back up in a matter of seconds - frustrating. 

Unmanned Aerial Vehicle

3D Markers with the UAV is simply to much. This is one hell of a wallhack and should be completely removed. The UAV was good the way it was and pretty much everybody shares the same opinion. Not much to say other then please remove

Solid Walls 

The majority of paper walls has been fixed, but the roofs were left out behind. A lot of buildings have a paper roof, where artillery and airstrike just goes right trough. An Example is the small building in Smolensk West side bottom at Charlie 2. This building provides no cover at all from anything above - i'm not sure why. There is more buildings like this all over the map, but it's kind of hard to identify those. At least you can effectively cover from bullets now, so that's a good job. 

Comm Rose

Yeah much wished by many players, but really i don't like it. Why can we not have a game menu option to choose our preferred communication radio layout? The comm rose is just completely blocking the screen and also a bit confusingly designed. If i could select things with the mouse, without moving the view then maybe i would use it, but the way it is now i just really don't like it. 

Performance

On all maps you can play with solid stable fps - it's great. At the start of 0.6 i've had a few crashes every now and then, but at 0.6.4 i did not crash once. I can play a full match without stuttering, crashing, laggs, hit reg, etc.. Very very good. I think this can bring back a lot of players, when they can actually play a match again. 

Gadgets

I didn't actually try all strikes and gadgets, i focused on mainly testing the "unwanted" ones.

So the C4: You can throw it a good distance, but it's not overly great. It's okay and then it's not. 3 C4 to the back of the tank did not even do 50% damage, which is a shame. Most of the times this gadget feels like a complete waste, especially when nobody is running equipment pack. The ability to use it after respawn and that it can kill smaller vehicles makes it semi usefully. I've been running a lot with C4 and got a kill here and there, i was able to lay a booby trap (haha he said boob yeah right right). It's okay but it needs more damage to the back and less damage to armored sides. If you can kill a fully upgraded tanks with 3 rockets, but not 3 c4 then there is not much point. 

The Mini drone. This was actually quite usefully, but: If you are in F9 mode you have no HUD and if you press F9 it doesn't come back ether. It just stays off until you respawn. It seems to happen with all vehicles not just this. The reason i don't use it is because i can not exit the god damn vehicle. I would love to just exit, move a different position and then link up again by pressing 3, but if i want to get out i have to crash it into a wall which takes more time then i want it to. 

The Equipment pack - It just has the lowest battle functionality of all gadgets. This doesn't mean it has no use at all, it is in fact extremely usefully. Just you can't do anything with it, when you're in trouble. All other gadgets you can use in certain situation, but the equipment pack you just throw randomly and nobody gonna use it anyway, because nobody needs it and when you need it you won't find one. 

Summary

The best Patch yet. The game gets playable with some nice little features and the bugs are less then ever. It's been really enjoyable to play on the PTE. Most of the people agree on the "bad things" and i really hope, that this will be noted and changed - The company kind of has a bad reputation for not changing broken stuff, until 100s of people cry about it. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

WAY

TOO

MANY

VEHICLES

Well, we have 1 tank, 1 IFV, 1 MRAP from the start for each team. We have 1 neutral BTR-80, we have limit of 2 more tanks, AFVs, IFVs. For small maps like Polarny vehicles spam is real

Edited by Atway
  • Like 3
  • Angry 1

1) Ammo.
I understand, that you, guys, tried to make ammo pack useful. But I don't think, the lowering starting ammo pool is a good decision. As well as you have lowered ammo pool, but haven't decreased weapon weight for missing ammo amount. Maybe two things can solve the problem of usefulness of ammo pack.
a) Magpool reloading.
b) Some kind of reviving. Ofc, I'm against BF3-4 system with infinite and unrestricted revival.
Both two things increasing ammo consunption per life.

2) Mobile spawn point.
I have recently destroyed MSP with assault rifle, while destroying its RCWS. Don't think it is OK.

3) Respawning
New respawn system causes chaos. You shoot an enemy and his friends budding from him right under the fire. At least, it should be prohibited to spawn on player, when he is in combat.

4) Heli drone.
Still OP. I shoot at him 3 RPG missiles. The first hadn't registered, and the other two only slightly damage it.

5) Laser sight.
Seems near to perfect. Simple improvement, like this, make the game good.

After 0.6.5
  • Like 1

Finally had enough time to play. So here are my thoughts.

Decreased ammo pool.

After playing Dota2 for a looong time I've learned 1 thing about patches: when trying to change something devs should do 1 simple thing - after everyone agrees, what will be changed and how much, in the very last moment all the changes should look like how much/2.

With ammopool it should be exactly the same decision. Ammopool wil be reduced by 60 rounds? Okay, then it will be 30 rounds reduction. So it will be 30/90 gun/ammopool amounts.

For example, me spawned on B1 Polyarny and somehow defended it with SA80 versus 4 foes. And in the end I was with 100HP(thx, first aid kit) and 30 rounds. And what can I do with 30 rounds. Attacking? Ha-ha... Defending? Versus one, max 2 enemies. There were few situations, when I was out of all ammo when I was machinegun and RPG. I tried to kill enemy with melee attack... The problem is even bigger if we take into account, that now there is HeliDrone above us, and it can't be killed so easy with fire from the ground using handheld weapons. But about Heli later.

If u, devs, that much want to decrease ammopool to promote teamplay and suppydropping, I have one suggestion. Rework then map a little. Now, even if ammopack is dropped, if u didn't see it or it was dropped on the unpopular route, u have close to none chances to find it and resupply ur ammo. Why don't u, devs, add a feature, that has mini-map, to a full map, so that all dropped by allied units ammopacks(and mb even medpacks) will be visible on a big map?

20190428123450_1.thumb.jpg.faa7b6b9f53678a97b747490ed7ad582.jpg

3D spotting.

It was supposed to help attackers by showing approximate positions of the defenders. But it's somehow broken. Me singlehandedly cleared B1point on Warsaw vs 3 defenders just simply shooting through the "bookcases' at the orange rombs. Without any chances for the enemies. And I don't know how it can be balanced. If only greatly reduce 3D spotting icons appearing range.

And I'm not talking here about unmanned fight vehicles such as Leviatham, that have Radar in their loadout. U can simply ride and highlight enemies with it and any decent group of players will be almost unstoppable.

HeliDrone.

Just admit, there is group among the devs team, that loves HeliDrone THAT much, that they made it Flying AFV.

20190426212030_1.thumb.jpg.d8d5a6ae001ef7249c3c818114d39b71.jpg

I mean, RLY? Single stage RPG warhead - 28, Tandem - 56?! I was trying to destroy HeliDrone with handheld weapon... I'm not gonna try to do this ever again. It's freaking flying Bumerang, if not Marder, not a Heli. IMO, HeliDrone should be GlassGun with 80-90HP RPG grenade hit. Because currently it can't be destroyed by handheld weapons if pilot doesn't want it to happen. Only global jammers give some certainty in destroying HeliDrone. And when 0.6 will hit the live servers UCAS-D will be in all my kits.

Shooting through the brick walls.

Works fine for me and my machinegun. But with 3D spotting it feels kinda unfair...

About brick walls. Every time I'm trying to capture Garages on Polyarny I want dem outer walls to be destructable as concrete barriers on old maps... Something like tank shot and outer wall is blown up.

MapDesign.

New maps are rly great, but I'm sure that ppl, who have played early Smolensk will agree with me, that currently right side of the map has much less action than it had 3 months ago and is pretty much abandoned. Me personally would like to see A2 CP moved a little lower and to right from the position it has now(red pointer line), with appropriate changing of accesible to West map areas. Something like this.

20190428112738_1.thumb.jpg.1b8d7ddaf37830784c77deb69adb89eb.jpg

Because as of now East has 1 close to their base CP, and West has 2 close and 3rd(A2) so close and open to A1, that can be counted as 1 zone. Yellow are CPs as they were 3 months ago(approximately). Yellow dotted line with arrow shows the path that was used by infantry to come closer to one of A points and attack it. Now it's used very-very rarely.  I'm a little disappointed because there were pretty interesting gunfights in the woods on the hill and in the ravine behind it. Plus, the hill is controlling the road from A to C1-C2 points.

Spawn system.

Dunno, is it possible to add rule, that player can't spawn closer than 10 m to enemies? Because on Polyarny I spawned in basement near the A1 or A2 right when enemy Squadleader passed my spawn point. 1 sec later his squadmember spawned on him. They both were dead in next 2 secs. I'm sure they both were pissed off but for different reasons. If I didn't spawn near the SL he wouldn't be dead from the supposedly clear and checked by him area.

And don't know was it intended, but sometimes, time to spawn on SL is close to 10 secs. Sometimes it's not. As for me, 10 sec after death timer that doesn't allow spawn-die-spawn spam pn SL will be pretty good for gameplay. And 1 more thing. If u die in Control Point area, the same 10 secs timer wil be appointed. On other CPs u can spawn without that penalty. Because sometimes u need to kill 1 guy thrice before u finally block the spawn.

Blocking the spawn.

In 0.5version of the game all my kits have Jam-Reapers to block the spawn on the CPs I'm heading to. In 0.6 I noticed that jammer often do not block spawn(checked it few times, when tried to spawn on jammed CP and it worked). I think one of devs have said in game that it will be fixed and I hope it'll be so.

Sounds.

With new weapons I'm starting to differentiate  and recognize weapons by the shooting sounds. And now I know that I'm gonna encounter guys with SA80 or M4. Gud jawb, devs. Hope the rest AR's sounds will be tweaked in not so far future too.

Newcomers.

Ppl don't know:

1) how to use syringe

2) that they even have syringe and what it can do.

I've seen guys that were running 33HP with first aid kit for almost a minute when we were capturing the CP... And as u can imagine, if they can't heal themselves, what's the point in asking to heal u? But I've tried. Yup. No reaction whatsoever. And it's with onscreen tips when u take gadget out!..

There rly is need to have walkthrough where will be showed all the "mustknow" features of WW3, before ppl'll enter their first match. Even Gameplay Trailer can be reworked and showed if there will be added thing like this.

trailer.gif.32e4681cb92fb166969059d6d11a3acb.gif

I know, I can be a little annoying with this, be these few newfags rly pissed me off, when they didn't heal nor me nor themselves.

And lastly.

27.04.2019 в 01:13, Atway сказал:

WAY

TOO

MANY

VEHICLES

Well, we have 1 tank, 1 IFV, 1 MRAP from the start for each team. We have 1 neutral BTR-80, we have limit of 2 more tanks, AFVs, IFVs. For small maps like Polarny vehicles spam is real

with amount of covers on new maps(especially on Polyarny), u have to be very cautious, when playing in vehicles, so no, there can't be too many vehicles. Me, personally, do like the combined vehicle-infantry combat in 0.6, and I'm telling it from position of infantry, as I'm trying last weeks to run almost always as infantry.

PS. Is it me or do tanks now respawn on bases?

Edited by tynblpb
  • Like 2

On 4/27/2019 at 12:13 AM, Atway said:

WAY

TOO

MANY

VEHICLES

lol nahhh the vehicle count if fine 

On 4/26/2019 at 3:13 PM, Atway said:

WAY

TOO

MANY

VEHICLES

Highly Disagree 

• Like 1

I got tired of the below. It happens to me all the time... Please do something with limb damage.

The below are in the same round. 

Leg 2.jpg

Leg 3.jpg

Leg.jpg

Edited by E - Cleaner
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Devs, plz, add lines with kill info to the deathscreen. Now I need to respawn to know have I killed the enemy or how much dmg I've dealt.20190428122848_1.thumb.jpg.a34c09f721e7d575461c754a97ae285d.jpg

Should the screen when I'm in vehicle(full HP vehicle) be affected by LowHP blur(me, as infantry, was 33HP) or not? Currently it is.

20190503183636_1.thumb.jpg.4a2a3b9dccf6ad0be8941311386e9ddf.jpg