weedtime

Feedback on update 0.6

6 hours ago, Dunabar said:

Wanted to include quotes but your review was quite large and I agreed with most of it.

M4 - would like to see burst mode removed for realism purposes, plus burst mode also gives players who haven't learnt as good recoil control an ability to shoot more effectively, making this a bit of a nerf for a gun that, while not overpowered, should probably see a little bit of tinkering so that it's implemented well.

SA80 - can't really comment so much on this because I used this as a CQC weapon. Would like to have either rail handguard as default or some kind of stat boost for the base handguard. You've said the recoil was too strong, I found it only manageable once I'd purchased a rail handguard and put a grip on it. This could seriously cheese new players who buy this as their second rifle and don't have a spare 10k around

Heli drone - I see you said you wanted another post for this but I will add my thoughts. Global jammer is cheese for the pilot, but is one of the few guaranteed ways for a takedown. As an infantry player, the only way one can be practically destroyed is with a jammer, as the RPG is just too slow. If there were some other way to take it out as infantry that would greatly diversify the gameplay. Doesn't have to be easy, just an alternative so we don't have to rely on strikes to save our asses. Maybe having subsystems like optics would be cool because that would require a lot of skill to hit on a moving helicopter.

12 minutes ago, nubbits said:

Wanted to include quotes but your review was quite large and I agreed with most of it.

M4 - would like to see burst mode removed for realism purposes, plus burst mode also gives players who haven't learnt as good recoil control an ability to shoot more effectively, making this a bit of a nerf for a gun that, while not overpowered, should probably see a little bit of tinkering so that it's implemented well.

SA80 - can't really comment so much on this because I used this as a CQC weapon. Would like to have either rail handguard as default or some kind of stat boost for the base handguard. You've said the recoil was too strong, I found it only manageable once I'd purchased a rail handguard and put a grip on it. This could seriously cheese new players who buy this as their second rifle and don't have a spare 10k around

Heli drone - I see you said you wanted another post for this but I will add my thoughts. Global jammer is cheese for the pilot, but is one of the few guaranteed ways for a takedown. As an infantry player, the only way one can be practically destroyed is with a jammer, as the RPG is just too slow. If there were some other way to take it out as infantry that would greatly diversify the gameplay. Doesn't have to be easy, just an alternative so we don't have to rely on strikes to save our asses. Maybe having subsystems like optics would be cool because that would require a lot of skill to hit on a moving helicopter.

Nahh it's pretty easy to take out heli drone with RPG if you compensate for it's movements and RPG travel speed, i've taken out around 5 heli drones with RPGs no problem 

3 minutes ago, nubbits said:

And to think I was actively trying to keep the post on the smaller side lol.

4 minutes ago, nubbits said:

I could see that being a good choice if some variant of the M16 is added to the game as well which will further that difference between the two weapons. So yeah, full agreement there if the M16 gets added, otherwise I would just leave it alone so Players can 'make their M16' without it actually being the M16. We will see what the Devs do though. :)

19 minutes ago, nubbits said:

I had forgot all about that handguard matter because I dropped cash on buying a new one right away lol. I use it as a CQC weapon, a quasi-Squad Automatic Weapon for fire support, and a burst fire DMR mainly myself. So I've managed to get use to the recoil already, but I will agree that it could seriously cheese a new player who buys it as their second rifle and don't have a spare 10k around. I think having the stock handguard have a light stat buff wouldn't be too big of a deal, as a matter of fact you could tie that light recoil reduction into it to make it a tad bit more manageable than it would be regularly.

34 minutes ago, nubbits said:

I've already started on that dedicated post, so we will see what ultimately comes of it when that is finished. :)

I wouldn't mind subsystems being added that effect the performance of the Unmanned Drones. The Helicopter Drone could have-

• Tail Rotor - Damaging it makes it harder for the Drone to turn.
  • Main Rotor- Damaging it makes it so the Helicopter Drone cannot fly nearly as high
  • Optic Feed - Damaging it scrambles the visual feed for the Drone like it would for any other Vehicle
  • Left Weapon System - Damaging it makes the left weapon incapable of firing.
  • Right Weapon System - Damaging it makes the right weapon incapable of firing.

We already have this stuff for the IFVs, AFVs, and MBTs so I don't think it would be a big deal to have it on the UGVs/UAV. But, I can think of some extra stuff that can be done, but it all ties together, so I'm going to save that for the dedicated post I'm making. But, I do think subsystems would be good if the Devs want to go down that path.

1 час назад, Dunabar сказал:
  •  
  • Optic Feed - Damaging it scrambles the visual feed for the Drone like it would for any other Vehicle

Ehmmmm... I don't know what WW3 game u both are playing, but in MY version HeliOptics can be damaged.

Though I do agree that ability to destroy weapon systems will be a step in a right way.

2 minutes ago, tynblpb said:

Ehmmmm... I don't know what WW3 game u both are playing, but in MY version HeliOptics can be damaged.

Though I do agree that ability to destroy weapon systems will be a step in a right way.

Can they? Huh. People clearly need to shoot at the nose of my Helicopter more it seems.

Nice update 0.6.2  !

New maps are very good.  GOOD JOB ! 

Nice to see TOR in setup again . But it should have bigger instability  during standing and aiming.

Just small detail on Smolensk.
If you write on that white object that is radar... In reality the radars shouldn't have any trees in close distance ;) Look for instance here http://wikimapia.org/18484321/pl/184-krt

I know that it looks much better with trees.

In my opinion Smolensk map has currently too big brightness. In comparison to other maps.

4 games already and no crash :)

I've got really impressed, when have seen new BTK numbers. I will write long post in "Suggestions" about damage system. And before I admit some features and issues.
1) On paper, standart 5.56 and 7.62 assault rifles seems perfect at the moment against armor plates (3-6 for 7.62 and 4-7 for 5.56) in close combat. This BTK provides semi-realistic gunplay as well as in-game armor customisation features.
2) But 5.45 and .300 BTK seems... strange. 8 BTK is really too high for assault rifles even for 5.45 (however, it has more flesh damage, than 5.56). And Blackout should have same penetration is close combat, as 7.62. These issues combines with next.
3) Gutshots and limb damage. Gutshot is an infamous feature turned into bug. New multipliers and BTK numbers FORCES people to shoot in the center of the enemy model. Especially for 5.45 and 0.300 Blackout. For example:

MSBS-K
35 base damage ---> 3 gutshots BTK, with 0.75x limb multiplier ---> 4 BTK, steel plate ---> 8 BTK.

This feature for shooting legs in encounter is good for PDWs and pistols, as they are not general purpose weapon. But, IMO, gunplay with assault rifles shoud benefit people from head-torso aiming, not legs.

4) When i saw 20 BTK for pistol ammo against steel armor, it seemed VERY ridiculous. But then, I realised, thats leg- and arms-shooting will be cool mechanic for weapons, based on pistol ammo. But not for assault rifles, please.

5) I have already (and not only me) written, it's strange, that same ammo weapons (Tochnost and MG5) has damage difference near 3 times. But when I saw real BTK... it is even worse (4x for ceramic and, I guess Tochnost will oneshot even throw steel plate with AP rounds). It's insanely bad. Guys, please, don't turn this good game into another "Sniperfield". Snipers should benefit from precise headshots, not easy take frags, oneshotting everybody.

Well, played on both new maps...

😍

But,  I hope they are unoptimized because otherwise I need new comp. Smolensk C2 - 10-15FPS on everything low except meshes and drawdistance and medium AA.

Скрытый текст

20190417205938_1.thumb.jpg.7690b00d7e5b090776f2feccae3800a9.jpg20190417205914_1.thumb.jpg.a31407dc75dda5a44f55e1f3db1e2e66.jpg

HeliDrone with reduced armor is now close to being balanced. And on Smolensk with it's trees and bushes it's not so scary as it's on urban maps. On Polyarniy with it's hills it's vulnerable to APC 300mm guns fire.

As of firefights. Sometimes it's 1.3-1.5 times longer. Sometimes as it was before. New experience - firefights in the bushes.

Garages(C2 if i'm not mistaken) on Polyarniy are scary. U don't know how much enemies will be there, but u have to check them all and u have only 2 grenades...

Had 1 crash.

All in all 0.6.2 is awesome, in my biased opinion of someone who loves to play WW3.

Edited by tynblpb