weedtime

Feedback on update 0.6

Dnia 3.05.2019 o 17:51, tynblpb napisał:

Should the screen when I'm in vehicle(full HP vehicle) be affected by LowHP blur(me, as infantry, was 33HP) or not? Currently it is.

For me it is OK. You as a soldier are wounded so that occur blur effect. When you are on vehicle you are still wounded ;)

The blur is nothing more then a annoyance. Dont get hurt or we will annoy you.

No need for it just makes the game worse it diesnt help anyone out.

A simple darkening around the edges gets the point across to people that they are hurt no need to make the game more annoying.

I rember back un .1 adding a red affect was brought up and turned down now they add it into the game for no reason.

Another couple of things I noticed:

- The available ammo when you spawn is not enough. Must be increased. I ran out of ammo quick.

- The speed you restore ammo is slow. More ammo should be given every second.

-DYING FROM A QUADROCOPTER will always be stupid and ruins the game. Either make it cheaper and reduce significantly the damage or remove it from the game.

32 минуты назад, E - Cleaner сказал:

Another couple of things I noticed:

- The available ammo when you spawn is not enough. Must be increased. I ran out of ammo quick.

Why ppl always forget about additional ammo...

+30 for assault and battle rifles and +100 for MGs.

30+60+30 is pretty decent amount if u ask me. Just spend 1500 of currency to buy ammo.

Devs, is this ur devious plan to promote use of additional ammo???

1 hour ago, tynblpb said:

Why ppl always forget about additional ammo...

+30 for assault and battle rifles and +100 for MGs.

30+60+30 is pretty decent amount if u ask me. Just spend 1500 of currency to buy ammo.

Devs, is this ur devious plan to promote use of additional ammo???

Yeah, I forgot about additional ammo. I will give it a try.

As said previously the ammo restore for ammo packs will be fixed soon-ish, they'll give you one mag per use.

• Thanks 2

Well, 0.6.6 gave me some surprises. Unwanted surprises.

1) Nerfing 7.62x39 ammo.
Why??? It's bad for several reasons.
a) Killing the diversity of game. 7.62 in game was designed for faster BTK, but slower TTK, than 5.56. Now 7.62 BTK is the same, as 5.56, or even worse (see "D" paragraph).
b) Balance. 7.62 now has worse both damage and DPS, than 5.56.
c) This FORCES players to gutshotting, because TTK and BTK against flesh is the same as before.
d) It is bugged. As you can see in customisation, 5.56 weapon have LESS BTK, than 7.62 against Polyethylene (4 vs 5) Really?

2) G29
It not the problem only for 0.6.6., but the problem of 0.6 and earlier.
Simple, it oneshots.
It oneshots in point blank and far range. It oneshot throw HDPE and Steel, it oneshots even in hand and foot (thanks 75% limb damage). It oneshots, oneshots and oneshots. It is more cancerous, than AWP in Counter-Strike.

3) Repairing vehicles on the battlefield.
Interesting mechanic, that forces the tank to retreat from combat to base, when damaged, is killed. Tired from tanks are repaired faster, than taking damage and unable to killboth in Battlefield or Planetside.

4) Crashes.
I have 2 server drops and 2 crashes today. Isn't nice.

I hope, guys, this version of the game won't go to Live. It's pretty broken(

• Like 1

Agreed, nerfing 7.62x39 ammo is killing the weapon diversity in the game and should be reverted in my opinion. Find another way to nerf 7.62x39 without lowering the damage 

• Like 1

8 часов назад, †FeuerEuphorie† сказал:

3) Repairing vehicles on the battlefield.
Interesting mechanic, that forces the tank to retreat from combat to base, when damaged, is killed. Tired from tanks are repaired faster, than taking damage and unable to killboth in Battlefield or Planetside.

Lul . Did u ever try to repair tank with repair tool? I've tried. 30 seconds to restore HP after 1 grenade hit to the side or front. 1 minute to repair after 1 rear side single stage hit. 2mins 20 secs to repair after 1 tandem grenade hit to the rear side. Yes, gamebreaking change.  Well, if there is squad staying behind the tank and repairing it, then u'll  see the difference. But as of now it's ok. 

G29 is rly pissing off. In 0.6 I've started to run with smoke grenades and toss them here and there.

8 часов назад, †FeuerEuphorie† сказал:

1) Nerfing 7.62x39 ammo.
Why??? It's bad for several reasons.
a) Killing the diversity of game. 7.62 in game was designed for faster BTK, but slower TTK, than 5.56. Now 7.62 BTK is the same, as 5.56, or even worse (see "D" paragraph).
b) Balance. 7.62 now has worse both damage and DPS, than 5.56.
c) This FORCES players to gutshotting, because TTK and BTK against flesh is the same as before.
d) It is bugged. As you can see in customisation, 5.56 weapon have LESS BTK, than 7.62 against Polyethylene (4 vs 5) Really?

Dunno about 7.62*39 nerf as I didn't rly play PTE yesterday, but I'm a little tired of dying with 3 bullets from Beryl even though I'm running with Ceramic vest. 2 gut hits 1 leg hit(38*2 +31) 1gut and 2leg hits(38 +31*2) and I'm dead. So don't think I'm against that nerf.

As I  typed here 

there is only 1 armor hit per 1.5 deaths. So, there is NO problem with 4 or 5 BTK through the vests  because it's too rare to happen.

Edited by tynblpb

nerf 7.62 with its recoil/spread makes it pointless. 5.45 will be the meta imo

vehicle repairing is not a good idea as long as 2-3 repair monkeys behind the tank can make it invinсible (ofc it doesnt work for randoms, but works well for premade squads which will make them much powerful) - have such experience from other game. Moreover I think vehicle repairing is bad in general as long as on Warsaw, Moscow and Berlin you can shoot even from the spanzone or area close to it.

• Thanks 1

8 часов назад, tynblpb сказал:

I'm a little tired of dying with 3 bullets from Beryl even though I'm running with Ceramic vest. 2 gut hits 1 leg hit(38*2 +31) 1gut and 2leg hits(38 +31*2) and I'm dead. So don't think I'm against that nerf.

It's not 7.62 issue itself, it is more about gutshots and 75% limb multiplier.

• Like 1

Weapon diversity was already bad already because it the narrow room you have to work with. Low TTK games will favor high RoF when every weapons kills in 3 to 4 hits.

You wither ran AK15 or beryl for damage or you ran the M416 if you were hipfiring with lots of ADAD strafing.

7,62 nerf was good it was pretty dumb to keep the damage so high along with even raising the limb damage multiplier in the first place. Need to lower the damage of every gun so the guns have room to be different and you can have lower RoF doing more damage be balanced in TTK to High RoF weapons with lower damage.

Bolters are too powerfull but if you make the require two chest shots to kill with how fast ARS kill players then they will be to weak to be viable as you dont have the time to hit a head in .38 seconds.

I use the Toch over the g29 for the only reason of its still oneshots players the same as the G29 and I was using it back in .3 days of giving me a handycap, no reason now to change it.

5 BTK though the chest would be great but the armor doesn't cover the outside of the chest which is a big issue for the gutshot problem because a lot of the time they are hitting you not in the gut even when the kill screen says they did. Need to make the armor cover the vitals and then the chest out side of the vitals would give no advatage of shooting them instead of the armored centered chest. Why aim for the head when 3 gutshots still kill, even if headshots are 2 hits to kill a less then .1 of a second difference in how long it takes to kill a person doesn't matter if its before the human reaction time.

As of now, 0.6.7 for me is AWESOME!?

With all the work that was done by devs now I finally can play on new maps with pleasure. No more rubber mouse feeling. FPS on both maps jumped from 35-40 to 50-60 when looking on the "heaviest" landscapes. But there is 1 "but"... Even medium shadows cause 16-20% FPS drops on my mediocre system. So I turned them off. And here appeared 1 problem. I feel like I'm dirty cheater. Just look at the gif.

noshadow.gif.5eb9b5c6c7fdbca74a223e16e3ec04a8.gif

As u can see, both weapon in ur hands and soldiers (if they are not far) doesn't matter allied or enemies look like they are highlighted. Devs, plz, even if it will reduce performance, can u make the shadows for soldiers bodies at least medium quality? @weedtime can u ask devs to do it ASAP?

PS. Nofoging is cheating too...

Edited by tynblpb

6 minutes ago, tynblpb said:

As of now, 0.6.7 for me is AWESOME!?

With all the work that was done by devs now I finally can play on new maps with pleasure. No more rubber mouse feeling. FPS on both maps jumped from 35-40 to 50-60 when looking on the "heaviest" landscapes. But there is 1 "but"... Even medium shadows cause 16-20% FPS drops on my mediocre system. So I turned them off. And here appeared 1 problem. I feel like I'm dirty cheater. Just look at the gif.

noshadow.gif.5eb9b5c6c7fdbca74a223e16e3ec04a8.gif

As u can see, both weapons in u hands and soldiers (if they are not far) doesn't matter allied or enemies look like they are highlighted. Devs, plz, even if it will reduce performance, can u make the shadows for soldiers bodies at least medium quality? @weedtime can u ask devs to do it ASAP?

PS. Nofoging is cheating too...

Did you turn off shadows by launch options or in-game?

16 минут назад, weedtime сказал:

Did you turn off shadows by launch options or in-game? 

Video settings - Advanced - Shadows.

noshadow2.gif.54de1b1517963069bc1dd9ddaf53fb9f.gif

Edited by tynblpb

Just checked myself, I always played on low shadows, didn't know I have such advantage  ? I will mention it.

• Haha 1

Devs, or u will drastically decrease Heli's durability, especially against high calibers and grenade launchers or it will ruin patch 0.6. I'm absolutely serious. This evewning Dunabar and ೞoℓf✌ were spamming HeliDrone and at first I was trying to destroy it with RPG and machinegun. In the end heli pilots became impudent enough to fly 10-15 meters above the ground not fearing anything.

Even more. Not-registering RPG grenade hits.

Heli should be glass gun, not a flying AFV as it is now. In all Battlefields all Helis and Aircrafts were 1 grenade/tank hit to destroy. Yes, with burn out mechanics but anyways. 1 hit to kill so pilots were afraid to fly low. Here they simply do not care.

As I've said earlier. Now all my kits will have UCAS-D. It's too nervewrecking to try to destroy Heli with any other weapon.

Pic below. Tank HE shell hitting HeliDrone. ~70%. Rly? Tandem grenade does the same dmg with bodyhit. So Leaviathan can be killed with 1 Tandem hit but Heli has all chances to fly away.

PS. There was match when I was the only one in my team who was trying to disable Heli with UCAS-D...

20190515002054_1.thumb.jpg.374a59e1b0b083929e79e093a89655b1.jpg

Edited by tynblpb
  • Like 2

17 минут назад, tynblpb сказал:

Tank HE shell hitting HeliDrone. ~70%. Rly? Tandem grenade does the same dmg with bodyhit. So Leaviathan can be killed with 1 Tandem hit but Heli has all chances to fly away.

The best heli drone counter( except UCAS-D) is Light Cannon RCWS. Tried it next match, and it destroys heli by 2-3 bursts.

Anyway, it is too durable. It doesn't register hits on it. And more: its hitbox is smaller, than its graphical model.

I would even agree, if heli will be immune to small arms, but dies from one tank, ATGM or RPG round.

6 hours ago, tynblpb said:

Devs, or u will drastically decrease Heli's durability, especially against high calibers and grenade launchers or it will ruin patch 0.6. I'm absolutely serious. This evewning Dunabar and ೞoℓf✌ were spamming HeliDrone and at first I was trying to destroy it with RPG and machinegun. In the end heli pilots became impudent enough to fly 10-15 meters above the ground not fearing anything.

Wouldn't call it spamming personally, but meh whatever. However, it's not impudence that makes me fly that low to the ground to get my kills. There are moments where I shoot at the targets on the ground, see the splash of the rocket land extremely close to the target, and some how it doesn't register so much as a minor hit notification even when I'm using HE rounds on the ZUNI pod. So, I ultimately fly in close to unfuck myself even though it puts the Heli Drone in great amounts of danger of being taken out. But, I usually only get this bold in select situations such as that, when targets are using a lot of cover, because I'm taking fire from a flank for being so high up, and etc. In the end though I do know what my Heli Drone Loadouts are strong at doing, what they're weak at doing, my own limitations, and generally what the Heli Drone's limitations are.

9 minutes ago, Dunabar said:

Wouldn't call it spamming personally

it is team spamming - there is always 1 heli in the sky. Got down 1? No matter, 2nd one is coming. You can spend all your time in a battle trying to counter endless helis. Thats it.

Played 1 battle against 5 helis one by one. So fun (it wasnt at all).

Imho heli really will ruin 0.6 for average players. I know how to destroy it, but as I see, average players just die doing nothing to it. Or just go camp even more

We will get even more vehicle spam that before

Edited by Atway

11 minutes ago, Atway said:

it is team spamming - there is always 1 heli in the sky. Got down 1? No matter, 2nd one is coming. You can spend all your time in a battle trying to counter endless helis. Thats it.

Played 1 battle against 5 helis one by one. So fun (it wasnt at all).

Imho heli really will ruin 0.6 for average players. I know how to destroy it, but as I see, average players just die doing nothing to it. Or just go camp even more

We will get even more vehicle spam that before

Still don't consider it spamming. But, to each their own.

RELEASE UPDATE 0.6.10

/weedtime

Where can I find

New Vehicle - Commando 4x4

?

Is it somewhere on the map? Because in the strikes menu I didn't find it.

New shot sounds are kinda NICE. But! Plz, reduce a little echo duration for mouse clicking.

P.S. CPs icons now are clearly visible. Mb think about doing the same thing with soldiers icons?

New commando vehicle isn't in PTE at all in the current build. Guess they forgot to add it to the vehicle list