Sign in to follow this  
ethynylradical

suggestions for buffing airstrikes and bombing run

Airstrikes are a class of strikes that allows a player to deal with vehicles easily, therefore the cheapest, the Hellfire cost more than a fully upgraded tank.

Problem is that the Hellfire already fulfill the requirement of destroying vehicles, and the other airstrike variants are not cost-effective enough despite their larger AoE.

I would like to suggest the following ideas to buff these strikes and provide players with more "specialized" strikes for different situations

Mephisto

• Upper semi-sphere of the explosion ignore cover but deal heavily reduced damage (33 damage to infantry?)
  • Lower semi-sphere does full damage through cover,floors or ground
  • "Bunker Buster"
  • Expensive but Reliable removal of vehicles and infantries in underpasses, underground car parks and objectives inside buildings.

Stormbreaker

• Upper semi-sphere of the explosion ignore cover to deal full damage
  • Expensive but Reliable removal of vehicles and infantries from open area objectives with adequate cover

All 3 Bombing Run variants

• Increased Non-lethal AoE
  • Increased Spread, affects a larger area but inaccuracy causes less bomb to overlap their newly buffed non-lethal AoE.
  • Despite the cheaper BP cost, slow speed and inability to damage through cover, the bombing run IS not a "Poor man's airstrike". It now covers a larger total area than airstrikes.
  • Better used for clearing large open spaces where cover is limited and opponents are spread out.

Edited by ethynylradical

44 минуты назад, ethynylradical сказал:

All 3 Bombing Run variants

• Increased Non-lethal AoE
  • Increased Spread, affects a larger area but inaccuracy causes less bomb to overlap their newly buffed non-lethal AoE

Bombing Run: Despite the cheaper BP cost, slow speed and inability to damage through cover, the bombing run IS not a "Poor man's airstrike". It now covers a larger total area than airstrikes. Better used for clearing large open spaces where cover is limited and opponents are spread out.

Dunno about largening strike area of Air-Bombing. WCMD is pretty large already. That large that now it can miss vehicles. I was amused and enraged in the same time by that fact that my WCMD strike dealt 1(one) dmg to enemy battle-tank.  And what point in increasing spread? First , JSOW, is supposed to be precision bot almost 100% lethal in it's AoE.  So, what's the point in it's enlargening? Another one, JDAM, is long but narrow. What, make it half-map long? If u increase spread - it'll be WCMD. About it I typed above.

So if target-strike are somehow interesting, Air-Strikes I think are good as they are now.

Sign in to follow this