Sign in to follow this  
cuba

Servers crashed in EU time remain down for whole NA evening.

Hi guys,

Again today servers crashed after release of 0.6.1 on PTE just after EU daytime and remained broken for whole evening in NA timezone. It happened multiple times in prod as well.

Today I pinged one of devs and he restarted servers in 3mins. But it was already 11.40PM in NA and my excitement about new maps went down the drain. 

What actions do you plan to take to avoid this in the future? These are huge blows for the game image.

Monitoring, pager with server notifications, night oncall rotations. There are myriads of ways to assure server stability, but none of these leveraged here.

Guys, this game is international, not EU only ;)

@Ragir

Edited by cuba

There are no NA PTE servers my man, only EU, are you sure it was about the PTE? Or Live servers?

10 hours ago, Ragir said:

There are no NA PTE servers my man, only EU, are you sure it was about the PTE? Or Live servers?

Did I write that PTE servers are in EU? My point here is that if servers break during Polish night time you do not have any support to fix this before daytime in Poland. Which causes problems for gamers in e.g. US. 

Moreover you don't seem to have server monitoring as the PTE server remained broken till I reached out to Farm devs directly.

This situation happened for both PTE and live NA in the past, but it's not realm specific. Its general problem with your monitoring/support. 

Again what are the plans to avoid this in the future? I can easily see you releasing godly good 0.6 only to see servers down in NA while Farm is sleeping.

Thanks.

Edited by cuba

And no response here.. And servers were down again.. seriously guys, where is your server monitoring ? @Ragir 

4 minutes ago, cuba said:

And no response here.. And servers were down again.. seriously guys, where is your server monitoring ? @Ragir 

This was the fault of the Server Providers, not the Devs. The Devs were actually on the matter very quickly and Ragir had reported that it was a major blowout. The server providers need to take care of this, the Devs can only wait for the most part. Might want to lower your metaphorical guns.

On 5/9/2019 at 9:01 AM, cuba said:

We knew about the issue 15 minutes into it, there was a security breach at Zeuz, they identified the issue and fixed it, for the duration of it servers were down. Issue is now resolved and shouldn't happen again.

As you can see my original post is from before recent Zeus crash. This happened on many occasions in NA. E.g. the very same day 0.6 landed on PTE, I came from work to check out new maps and what is waiting for me? Crashed servers worldwide till EU daytime. I just strongly suggest to improve on servers monitoring and have an oncall rotation so that devs get paged at night if server crashes. It's should be big priority before any free weekend or marketing action.

Sign in to follow this