TCPPolak

Event "Breakthrough" 19.04.2019. 22:00 CEST

Posted (edited)

przelamanie-pop.jpg.b48fd462b48bf9e91fce5f0e47c0fedb.jpg

Hello,

Thanks to the kind acts of Farm 51 (Special thanks to the main "Director" Ragir), the Polish community members @DareQQ and @Lugresky have set up an event and are inviting you to the event which will be today at 22:00 CEST. PLEASE READ EVERYTHING IF YOU'RE INTERESTED.

I am a middle-man as we need players (Many unexpected dropouts occured) and I have been asked to spread this message to the further community. I did not set this up, however I do warmly welcome and invite you. Also, apologies for the Polish on the images. They are taken from the original thread. "Przełamanie" means "Breakthrough".

REMEMBER: The purpose of this is fun and testing of the capabilities of a different game mode.

495815551_mapagotowa.png.ae491249d669e8bd07962e7fc21b9aa4.png
Green area = Area available to attackers.
Red area = Area available to attackers AND defenders.
Red hatched area = Area available to defenders when they hold C1 and C2.
Respawn Broniących = Defender Respawn
Respawn Atakujących = Attacker Respawn

GENERAL RULES AND GAMEPLAY SET UP:
Event "Breakthrough" is based around two different teams (attackers v defenders) . It will be on PTE, Warsaw Warzone and the areas were marked on the map above.

Green area is ONLY available to the ATTACKING team. (Defenders cannot move in that area.). Red areas are available to both teams. Around 22 CEST, we are meeting up in discord voice channel to receive the password.. After everyone logs onto the server, the defending team takes points B1, B2, C1, C2 and goes to point C2. Readying phase begins. In the readying phase we do not shoot each other, also both teams have the time to set up their mobile spawn points. After the readying phase, there will be a countdown in chat and the game will begin.

DEFENDING TEAM
The Defenders must defend their objectives. During defending:
  • The defending team cannot move in the green area and will only move in the first two areas to their point. E.G. If C1 is held, defenders can only move in C1, and C2. If C2 is held, defenders can only move in C2 and B2. As soon as they lose a point, they fall back to their last point, and they can move in that point and the point before that.
  • After taking areas C1 and C2, the defending team cannot move in the red hatched area anymore.
  • After the attackers take point B2, the defending team may capture points A1 and A2
  • The defending team cannot retake their captured areas with the exception of A2 (This can be recaptured after the attackers take it over, and if it is recaptured and help for 5 minutes, the defenders win)
  • Defenders are allowed to use Jammers everywhere on the map

ATTACKING TEAM
The attacking team has to capture all the objectives, going in order of the yellow arrows. They can only win by taking A2 and holding it for 5 minutes before the time runs out or either team reaches their max ticket count. The attackers:
  • May move on every area of the map
  • Must take points in the order of yellow arrows (It is forbidden to take a point after the one you are currently attacking and you may not take two points at the same time.) The order is - C1, C2, B2, B1, A1, A2.
  • Have to defend A2 for 5 minutes to win. In this time, the defenders may recapture this objective. If the defenders recapture the area, and then the attackers take it back yet again, they need to hold it for the full 5 minutes again, no matter how long they held it for beforehand.
  • The attackers must only use jammers on the currently attacking area.

MOBILE SPAWN POINT:
The mobile spawn point can only be used as a respawn point. You are not allowed to use it to kill or wound. Remember to use it only in the areas you are allowed to move in.

STRIKES:
The following strikes are not allowed.
Any fighting vehicles, IFVs, AFVs, Tanks.
Any drones; UGVs, quadrocopters and the heli drone.

All other streaks are allowed

WINNING CONDITIONS:
Defending team: Strong defense and holding at least one point until:
  • 5000 points earned by defending team
  • End of time
  • 5000 points earned by attacking team (Points earned by the attackers go against their convenience. It means they must attack each point quicker than the last one, as them gathering 5000 points proves they are not able to capture the points quickly enough.)

Attacking team: Win after holding A2 for 5 minutes.

If you are interested, you are welcome. Please reply to this post if you are interested. Please note a lot of the spaces are already taken therefore not everyone will be accepted. You will be contacted later if you may or may not make it.

REGARDING ORGANIZATION
Beginning at 22:00 CEST on the PTE. We gather on the official ww3 discord voice channel. You will be divided into two teams which will go to two separate voice squads. (voice squad #1 and #2). After the division, you will receive the password, which will allow you to join the server. The password has to be entered before the game is launched so don't launch it too quick ;)

HOW TO ENTER YOUR PASSWORD
  • Go into your steam library.
  • Select properties under WW3 PTE.
  • Set launch options.
  • Enter password given on discord.
  • Start the game.
  • Enter the server.
  • The password you receive will assign you to a specific role (Attacker/Defender)

EVENT
We will definitely play two games so that people can get a feel of the attacker and defender position. If we play more depends on the management.

First game will be played strictly under the above rules.

Second game we will modify to test the abilities with such a gamemode - We lift the ban on score streaks, so you can use whatever the game allows us to. Relating to this, I recommend everyone set up their loadouts ahead of time so they don't leave their team waiting.

BETWEEN GAMES
I recommend leaving 10 minutes time of break between games. Do not go AFK after the first game, simply turn off the game and you'll receive the second password which will assign you your next role. After you receive it, turn on the game and wait on the WAR MAP screen. You will receive info at the end of the break and then we'll go onto the server

REMEMBER WE ARE NOT PLAYING FOR GOLDEN AWARDS, BUT FOR FUN AND THIS IS OUR TEST TO CHECK IF THIS MODE COULD APPEAR OR WORK IN THE GAME.

Now some words from me for the end. The above is mostly translated from the original Polish announcement. The original plan was to have everyone on discord but this was not expecting English speaking people to show up, hence this might be changed, or there might be a second voice channel which I will be taking care of. Be patient, it will occur, just maybe not exactly the way it was originally planned. Thank you for reading, and the credit goes to @DareQQ and @Lugresky once again. Wouldn't have happened without them. Many thanks for letting me do this guys. Also another thanks to @Rozmo for being kind enough to pin this.

I hope to see you there.
Edited by TCPPolak
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

Alright I'm game for some "banging Head against the Wall" gameplay. I have no plans today, but my plans could get changed on me at the last moment because life is life.

Edited by Dunabar
  • Thanks 2

@HeiligeRobbe Unfortunate that you won't make it, was hoping we could see some forum veterans :c I think the only streamer will be Lugresky, but he has a Polish stream.

Thank you to everyone who will participate, and apologies for the short notice. I didn't think I'd be posting this myself.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Yeah, I am at my parents over the holidays. My Computer had to stay back though ?... Good to know. I will try to drop by and watch his stream. 

Next round pls,?️

with time to join !! ?

thnks!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

@HALCON4 @nubbits 
Yeah apologies for the short notice, next time EN will be included, I got in touch with the PL community organizers.

The plan wasn't really meant for EN because the organizers were Polish and didn't really have the reach to move it onto the EN community I guess, they got in touch with me  the final day due to a good number of last-day dropouts to pass it onto the EN community and so I posted this. We already have a "Breakthrough V2" Plan but that is likely at least 2 weeks away and only a plan, no confirmation as of yet. However I can confirm that this time the EN community would get an even larger notice, the same as PL, and we are looking forward to getting another event up. Likely same rules with a bit of tweaks we got thanks to experience from last time, we already got some ideas.

Here's to hoping it works :)

Edited by TCPPolak
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1