Posted (edited)

Currently if we talk about "Team Death Match" mode of WW3 1 word here isn't needed. It better be called as simply Deathmatch mode, because:

1) noone is playing as member of Team

2) there are no mechanics or objectives to promote "team"play.

Everyone can simply run'n'gun and try to outgun opponents u meet or that are trying to camp in corners.

And it's when TDM is almost perfect for CQC with huge influence of teamwork based actions. For example covering ur teammates when they are trying to close the distance in smokes. Or 1 player is throwing concussion grenades, when others cover him and are ready to breach in room after the explosions.

No, there is no such a thing because there is no objective, that will pull players together so that they will have to interact at least a little. Ppl need to be forced to play as team. That's what I've learned after 15 years of playing.

In current TDM there is no such objective. Why don't u devs add it? Something like this:

Berlin TDM.

20190420154551_1.thumb.jpg.61616f71682cdee7dfac4865e93b93f7.jpg

On Warsaw TDM it can be B1 and B2 WarZone ControlPoints and passage between them.

In the centre of the map, where radars and all that stuff are staying, make a CP zone. Radars and rockets are important stuff, right? U need to control them. And as it's with Control Points - team, that has more ppl in the designated zone, is "controlling" it. There will be no capture timer, it'll be simplier - if ur team has more players in Control Zone, it'll receive BattlePoints.

7 mins rounds as they are now.

There will be NO required amount of kills to win. U can kill as much enemies as u can(yes, tautology?). But it doesn't mean that kills do not matter. In the end, after the time expires, BPs received by both teams will be multiplied by the amount of kills both teams performed. And the result will be compared.

(CP1 x Killamount1) vs (CP2 x Killamount2).

It will allow to diverse tactics, that can lead u to win.

With that, ppl, IF they want to win, will be forced to gather closer to the Control Zone. Even those who don't care about winning will have to go there because it is there, where will be all the buzz.

And if ppl want to go in and stay in Control Zone they will have to cooperate. Even if it'll be a little, it'll be a whole new experience with all that smoking and flashbanging, flanking and trying to win and stay alive as long as it's possible.

Library in the upper left corner and living room in bottom right corner of the screenshot will also be in Control Zone area. They can work as some kind of hideout, as the will protect u from gunfire, but in the same time they easily will become traps if enemies will close the disctance and try to toss in as many grenades as they can.

That's one of possible modes for TDM maps, where actual teamwork will be needed and promoted.

I would love to play CQC like this on TDM maps, because now I am quickly getting bored after 2 maps. And not because I perform bad.

Devs, answer plz, are there any chances to see TDM reworked to something like this?

Edited by tynblpb
  • Like 2

"Team" death match means not the real teamwork but the fact that you have to kill not everyone but players from the other team. Thats it.

TDM here is just a shooting range where you can master your reaction/aim and test some stuff.

• Like 1

27 минут назад, Atway сказал:

TDM here is just a shooting range where you can master your reaction/aim and test some stuff.

But what's wrong with adding some "meaning" into it?

40 minutes ago, tynblpb said:

But what's wrong with adding some "meaning" into it?

players unwillingness i think. I mean no one will play objectives it TDM. Especially if it will be a small map with 1 control point as you`ve suggested. The logic is quite simple: "oh it is dangerous and i can lose my K/D! I`d rather stay here and camp"

You`ve been playing for 15 years as you said, you should know how players negate all "game rules" making any game just "pew-pew-pew"

30 минут назад, Atway сказал:

The logic is quite simple: "oh it is dangerous and i can lose my K/D! I`d rather stay here and camp"

There will be no camping points as there will be no random spawnpoints and spawnzones will be on opposite sides of the map. Only camping zone can be between ControlZone and ur SpawnZone. Enemies should leave Control Zone to enter Camping zone. What's the point to do that? And as for me, only 2-3 of 20 ppl playing TDM are camping. All others go for action.

Цитата

With that, ppl, IF they want to win, will be forced to gather closer to the Control Zone. Even those who don't care about winning will have to go there because it is there, where will be all the buzz

You play against you team more like it. Its about who can get more kills on your team. The team is the real opponent.

Its who can farm the most on your team which means who can find the next enemy spawn location faster to get the most kills.

TDM is a bad game mode, just make it 10v 10 search and destroy. Even having king of the hill moving objective would be better.

Actually, TDM is more about not getting killed as much as possible, and sadly people don't realize that :P