Sign in to follow this  
tynblpb

Upcoming Customization Menu Rework.

Posted (edited)

Devs said that there will be rework of customization menu(no ETA). Okay. There are two ways to do this.

First. Devs: We worked hard to rework customization menu of WW3. Work is done now. This is how it look like. Check it out.

Second. Devs: We were going to rework customization menu. Now this is how it looks like when we are at finish line. But we decided to show it to u all and ask, if there is anything u want to be added or changed before it's too late.

So, devs, will be there a chance for us to participate in deciding how will new Customization Menu look?

Why I'm asking it? Well, now in game there are 5 maps, and for all of them there is need in appropriate camo for both vehicles and soldiers(except, mb, Moscow and Polyarny as they are pretty similar ground-wise). Currently, for all maps u can wear only one camo.

I don't know, maybe it's already done or something like that, but it's better to do and regret, than not to do and regret.

This is how I see customization of camouflage of both vehicles and soldiers. Not sure, is there a need for individual camo for all 6 infantry kits, it can be 1 camo per map, not 6.

20190424221118_1.jpg

20190424221238_1.jpg

Edited by tynblpb

I like this idea as well, camo between the urban maps, polyarny and smolensk don't mix.

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, tynblpb said:

it can be 1 camo per map, not 6.

or just put "camo" menu right to the game, so you can change it any time before you respawned.

ofc if it is possible to implement.

Or add an option to create more camo presets for loadouts (up to 3 for instance). So it will look like that: in custmization you can create up to 3 camo presets for each loadout (by default they will be "green", "white", "urban"). And you can switch between them in a battle

Edited by Atway
  • Like 1

1 час назад, Atway сказал:

Or add an option to create more camo presets for loadouts (up to 3 for instance). So it will look like that: in custmization you can create up to 3 camo presets for each loadout (by default they will be "green", "white", "urban"). And you can switch between them in a battle

There are many ways to implement camo customization. This  one looks pretty good too.

Posted (edited)

You can already customize the appearance weapons might as well add the uniforma to each slot so you can change the camo and helmets for each loadout. I do like making people think and give up some stuff with the cosmetics so you cant min max camo for each particular environment. Having several options would be ok at least two different camo options but lot a camo for each map.

Selecting a skin in game from a list wouldn't work since there are more options the the in the skin selection.

Edited by TZoningHard

3 часа назад, TZoningHard сказал:

You can already customize the appearance weapons might as well add the uniforma to each slot so you can change the camo and helmets for each loadout.

O,rly? Like in PS2, where both equipment and cosmetics are merged in one loadout? I don't think so.

The main idea behind the new customization is to let you customize the whole kit, not only 1 visual customization, so you'll be able to select a loadout with different camo per map and it will also work inside of the game (your prepared visual customizations will be selectable there as well).

This is a better solution also because once the servers rotate maps, you'll be stuck with your choice - this way you can just do it in-game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

21 минуту назад, Ragir сказал:

The main idea behind the new customization is to let you customize the whole kit, not only 1 visual customization, so you'll be able to select a loadout with different camo per map and it will also work inside of the game (your prepared visual customizations will be selectable there as well).

This is a better solution also because once the servers rotate maps, you'll be stuck with your choice - this way you can just do it in-game.

My suggestion was based on assumption that customization menu is(and will be) somehow limited to only pre-made loadouts and there will be too much work to make it accessible "in-game". But if  in future changing camos can be made during the match - I have nothing to add and will be patiently waiting for it.

1 hour ago, tynblpb said:

But if  in future changing camos can be made during the match - I have nothing to add and will be patiently waiting for it.

That might be added, but there's a problem. We let you set camos per attachment, so you can have white gloves with black overall camo. This is why for now we're thinking that you'd just create some premade camo settings and choose one of them in-game, but we'll see how it works out and change accordingly.

28 минут назад, Ragir сказал:

That might be added, but there's a problem. We let you set camos per attachment, so you can have white gloves with black overall camo. This is why for now we're thinking that you'd just create some premade camo settings and choose one of them in-game, but we'll see how it works out and change accordingly.

For me pre-made camo sets are more than enough, but I'm sure that there will be ppl asking about it. As I've said if it's hard to implement without possible bugs then plz don't bother. :)