Sign in to follow this  
maddinii

[Suggestion] Equipment Pack assembly

Currently the equipment pack has a great job, but not much value when it comes to combat. It's simply more important to had a med kit or some ammo, most of the times you wouldn't survive long enough to repair armor anyway. This persists on the PTE also. All of those mini UGV, mini drone etc are dependent on the Equipment Pack, as you gotta refill them there, which is why nobody uses them. 

So to make it more use, when you throw the equipment pack on the floor any person friend or foe could be able to assemble a gadget in the same way they would call a strike. By looking at the equipment pack, the strike list on the bottom temporarily changes and you can select a Mini Drone, Mini UGV, Refill Explosives or Repair Armor. Both of these systems are already there, since you gotta look at it to press F and the strike interface is also already there. As soon as you have used an option it will have a cooldown the same way strikes have a cooldown. Once you are not looking at it anymore your normal strike list will come back and the one from equipment pack gets hidden. The Equipment pack has 3 uses for any or all options. When the pack gets destroyed you de-synchronise from the drones and loose connection immediately. You can re-connect to any drone from any equipment pack, if you are in the drones range. If you have a drone out you won't be able to assemble a new one due to frequency issues, so you'd have to find and kill it yourself or hope, that the enemy does so. 

• Like 1

Gave a "like" for overall idea of Equipment Pack being a little gadget-holder. But me , personally, would like to see it like this:

When u r near EqPack u press F looking at it, and on the screen will appear radial menu as it's in PTE comm-rose. In this menu u can choose Mini UGV, mini Drone, C4, Claymores, AT mines, first aid kit(syringe) or refill grenades/armor. EqPack has 3 uses if u want to take MiniDrone and 2 uses for all other gadgets.

When u get gadget u can use it freely, but only continuously. For example:

U choose AT mine, u can run with it, plant it anywhere u want but only if mine was all the time in ur hands. If u switch for example to ur weapon - picked from EqPack gadget is lost. Or syringe. U can refill ur HP but it's only near EQpack as u'll not gonna run with syringe in ur hands instead of rifle. Pretty balanced, ain't it? Same with drones, u can use them, but the moment u choose something else, say goodbuy to them.

With this ppl will be forced to use gadgets not far from EqPack and there will be no running all over the map with extragadget to use.

I think with this EqPack will have much more value on the battlefield, but still have it's own niche as it can't repclace med- and ammopacks.

Edited by tynblpb

Personally I think though your guys ideas are cool it deviates to far from what the equipment pack is; a resupply for equipment. I do agree that not very many people use it which I think is probably because people want a drone not to resupply other people's drone. Have you guys tried coordinating with your squad so one of you always carries each type of resupply I think that is how they we're intended to be used.

Sign in to follow this