raptv

Lots Of focus on Recon & Warzone what about TDM?

I know tons of players including myself that once TDM was released we played nothing else and if TDM servers werent populated they wouldnt even play the game as Warzone has alot of running issues for alot of people. I feel this game mode has been a bit neglected and really is the most promising mode for alot of players. With 0.6 coming to the live servers soon I feel this will bring a few people back to TDM as the game is now alot more like it was pre-christmas patch. 

Is there any future plans for TDM? Also some good ideas were said recently that  a TDM/Domination mode would be absolutely amazing.  I love the faster, high action gameplay and hope we get some players back

Also we have had a name change on twitch as people kept thinking we was a rap music page and I am now under the name of crispeay

thanks!

• Like 3

Team Death Match is nothing more than mindless garbage play. It has nothing to do with the objectives of WAR3 and with squads, or the larger aspects of this platform. If you are looking for TDM, there are already plenty of games that support selfish playstyles.

It is my hopes that TF51 removes TDM from the server list for a few months, so that everyone gets a real taste of what WAR3 is...  Smolensk is a great example of things to come... go get yourself some taste of that.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, trig0tron said:

Team Death Match is nothing more than mindless garbage play. It has nothing to do with the objectives of WAR3 and with squads, or the larger aspects of this platform. If you are looking for TDM, there are already plenty of games that support selfish playstyles.

It is my hopes that TF51 removes TDM from the server list for a few months, so that everyone gets a real taste of what WAR3 is...  Smolensk is a great example of things to come... go get yourself some taste of that.

So you have no idea the amount of people that played the game for just TDM, to be good it is alot more than mindless garbage play that's for sure. Obviously you struggled. Lots of the best WW3 players used to play and kick arse in TDM

Also Smolensk is probably the worst example, let's hope that's not a taste of things to come. Polyarny, Warsaw, Moscow I would of agreed

• Like 1

12 hours ago, trig0tron said:

Yeah because sitting in a tank camping an objective requires genius level intellect.
Just because something is too HARD for you to do, doesn't mean it's stupid.

Also, on selfish playstyle, it's a game mode where the team works together to reach a specific goal, in TDM that's the kill count.

Warzone supports people like yourself that like to sit on a rooftop on Smolensk 300 miles away from the actual fight and fire off drones to get kills to even out their K/D at 1.

Just because you have an opinion, doesn't mean you're right.

<Removed image> - offensive
weedtime

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

19 hours ago, raptv said:

I know tons of players including myself that once TDM was released we played nothing else and if TDM servers werent populated they wouldnt even play the game as Warzone has alot of running issues for alot of people. I feel this game mode has been a bit neglected and really is the most promising mode for alot of players. With 0.6 coming to the live servers soon I feel this will bring a few people back to TDM as the game is now alot more like it was pre-christmas patch. 

Is there any future plans for TDM? Also some good ideas were said recently that  a TDM/Domination mode would be absolutely amazing.  I love the faster, high action gameplay and hope we get some players back

Also we have had a name change on twitch as people kept thinking we was a rap music page and I am now under the name of crispeay

thanks!

I'm not sure what they could do to improve TDM or show it more love. They have been adding new TDM maps so I'm sure that Polarny and Smolensk will get some TDM variants down the road. 
I've been testing recon mode and I can confidently say that the player base right now cannot support it as an additional game mode.
WIth that being said, I can see why there would be a drive to see TDM taken from the game for a period of time. That argument could lean towards Warzone as well because of some optimization issues. The player base is in a really bad spot and I'm hoping that 0.6 can change that.
They said 5 game modes on release, right?

We've got Warzone
TDM
and Recon

That leaves room for domination type mode. The polish community has been playing a rush variant that I hear is pretty fun. I'd like to see capture the flag myself. 

• Thanks 1

I'm with you that 0.6 can change that, <Removed>, the game suited tdm so well and like I say I think they underestimate the amount of people that played the game only for this game mode.  

New maps would be a great start, also introducing the mini map into it, but like you say ideally we need the player base first. TDM would be a perfect test base to start dropping bots in so people can atleast play 

/NDA
weedtime

• Like 3

To be honest, I dont mind TDM or Warzone, when their isnt enough people for Warzone I go on TDM, but recently, their isnt any players to play with, most time when I check their is 5 people playing the game, so no point loggin in.

And like it has been said earlier, adding a new mode, such a RCON isnt a good idea for now, the player base is too low to support 3 modes.

• Like 2

I'm just surprised at the toxicity in the first few replies here. I have played Warzone, Recon and TDM and think that they are all fun and give different gameplay opportunities and playstyles. Just because you guys like different things, doesn't mean that one is better.

• Thanks 1

On 4/30/2019 at 8:49 AM, Anxter said:

Yeah because sitting in a tank camping an objective requires genius level intellect.
Just because something is too HARD for you to do, doesn't mean it's stupid.

Also, on selfish playstyle, it's a game mode where the team works together to reach a specific goal, in TDM that's the kill count.

Warzone supports people like yourself that like to sit on a rooftop on Smolensk 300 miles away from the actual fight and fire off drones to get kills to even out their K/D at 1.

Just because you have an opinion, doesn't mean you're right.

<Removed image> - offensive
weedtime

Come play Warzone... I am usually right at the top of the scoreboard, not because I am a great shot, but because I run directly at tanks... and am the first person through the doors at the objectives. Anyone who has played against me will tell you that I don't give a phuk about KDR, only the win/objectives...  and you'll know if I am on your server, because I am the one explaining to people how sitting off in the distance (not on a flag) means you are worthless greedy pig.

There is a purpose to having a objectives...  which means squads, communicating, strategizing and maneuvering, all play a major roll in getting the win. I play for the win, because in Tournaments, it doesn't matter what your KDR is, it only matters if you win (ie: move on.) 

TDM is selfish run & gun moronic play.

Everybody has  been doing that en masse since Unreal Tourney... but shooters have come a long way since then, otherwise see Unreal Tourney (or any other TDM game) for the "look at my KDR score.." self-masterbation…    and TDM doesn't even have tanks (which is why you probably play TDM).

But the public are not buying WAR3 for TDM, it is because they saw the gameplay trailers and want oldschool squadplay action. So they come (like you) and end up liking TDM because they can't stand being part of an "early access" project from alpha to beta to release. So TDM offer mindless & easy gameplay for their entertainment time, while the game gets built. But TDM is not what is going to be bringing community members back everyday for 4 years strait...   

Large scale Warzone maps will.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, trig0tron said:

Come play Warzone... I am usually right at the top of the scoreboard, not because I am a great shot, but because I run directly at tanks... and am the first person through the doors at the objectives. Anyone who has played against me will tell you that I don't give a phuk about KDR, only the win/objectives...  and you'll know if I am on your server, because I am the one explaining to people how sitting off in the distance (not on a flag) means you are worthless greedy pig.

There is a purpose to having a objectives...  which means squads, communicating, strategizing and maneuvering, all play a major roll in getting the win. I play for the win, because in Tournaments, it doesn't matter what your KDR is, it only matters if you win (ie: move on.) 

TDM is selfish run & gun moronic play.

Everybody has  been doing that en masse since Unreal Tourney... but shooters have come a long way since then, otherwise see Unreal Tourney (or any other TDM game) for the "look at my KDR score.." self-masterbation…    and TDM doesn't even have tanks (which is why you probably play TDM).

But the public are not buying WAR3 for TDM, it is because they saw the gameplay trailers and want oldschool squadplay action. So they come (like you) and end up liking TDM because they can't stand being part of an "early access" project from alpha to beta to release. So TDM offer mindless & easy gameplay for their entertainment time, while the game gets built. But TDM is not what is going to be bringing community members back everyday for 4 years strait...   

Large scale Warzone maps will.

Yeah man, because I have to compare myself to someone like you who lacks the skill and reaction time to play TDM so he uses his higher intellect to run at tanks.

I understand that you are at the top of your scoreboard when you sit in a corner of a certain area for 10 minutes then end up with a high score and 4-24 K/D, but hey - that's your thing, maybe you just like being killed over killing people.

"in Tournaments" do you see a tournament going on around here ?

"TDM doesn't even have tanks" oh really ? Wow man, this is enlightenment, thank you on your information, this really changes stuff for all of us playing it.

Being prone on an objective and using your little drones is the most impressive thing that you can do, sorry if I upset you by telling the truth that you're just a mongoloid who can't play other game modes than Warzone, I know you have this white knight complex on the forums, can't wait for your little fanboys upvoting your comments to start running over here and screeching about how I am so wrong and you are so right.

I see that you like consuming chalk on regular basis, maybe a person with your intellect would like adding in some crayons, and as you said:

go get yourself some taste of that

1572975038_mp840x830mattef8f8f8t-pad750x1000f8f8f8.thumb.jpg.6165d222b47920c7482bd7719e3eddf6.jpg

Edited by Anxter
  • Haha 1

Come on guys, weekend is around the corner so relax a bit. There's no need to be so aggressive.

For my part I like Warzone more but sometimes I prefer TDM. It requires a different skill set and offers a different experience. I would prefer some sort of objective oriented gameplay though. Maybe this would be more immersive in terms of the bigger picture of participating in a World War? 

But I don't think TDM has not received enough attention. This is likely to be highly subjective though, so if someone thinks differently I fully understand that. 

• Like 1

Well, as we can see, there is multitude if ppl who prefer TDM and multitude of ppl who prefer WarZone(Conquest as it was called 10-15 years ago).

TDM is close to CallofDuty experience as it is CQC with only handheld weapons combat.

WZ(CQ) is classic Battlefield experience where infantry and vehicles are fight with and versus each other.

And this 2 multitudes hardly can be combined.

11-13 years ago in BF2142 highest rank was Brigadier General. And some of dem Brigadier Generals where dismissively called Infantry Generals. Why so? Because there were large CQ maps with vehicles,(Suez, Shuhia Taiba, Sidi etc.) and small CQ maps (Gibraltar, Berlin, Tunis). And as u can imagine, as on infantry maps firefights were much more intense, experience gained per unit of time was 2 sometimes 3 times higher than that on large CQ. Later, there were "inf only" servers on small CQ, when even the 1 battlerobot and 1APC were removed from the maps.

Well, these infantry players achieved highest rank much more faster than ppl, who were playing large CQ but their ability to play on large much was close to non-existent and when they entered large CQ it was very hard for them. Especially when they "tried" to fight off or drive vehicles. So, in BF2142 someone called Infantry General was basically being called a noob.

And the result was, that when server with map rotation changed for example Gibraltar to Suez(2 most popular maps small and large CQ accordingly) it was immediately drop from full 64 population to 30-35 max. And it was mostly when small map changed to large.

So, I think, in WW3 there will be the same situiation. There will be multitude of ppl who'll play TDM to "show dem noobs how good r my shooting skillz" and there will be multitude of ppl, who want all out warfare. And these two multitudes do not mix as the gameplay they are accustomed to is totally different.

Here, in WW3 with current ~100ppl online I've already multiple times heard some ppl giving players in vehicles derogatory callings. Some ppl even on WZ want to run with only handheld guns.

As I've made the theme with possible IMO rework of TDM, I usually enter TDM only to check the handling of weapons with new loadouts, otherwise it's too boring. For me. For someone it's vise versa.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Anxter said:

Yeah man, because I have to compare myself to someone like you who lacks the skill and reaction time to play TDM so he uses his higher intellect to run at tanks.

I understand that you are at the top of your scoreboard when you sit in a corner of a certain area for 10 minutes then end up with a high score and 4-24 K/D, but hey - that's your thing, maybe you just like being killed over killing people.

"in Tournaments" do you see a tournament going on around here ?

"TDM doesn't even have tanks" oh really ? Wow man, this is enlightenment, thank you on your information, this really changes stuff for all of us playing it.

Being prone on an objective and using your little drones is the most impressive thing that you can do, sorry if I upset you by telling the truth that you're just a mongoloid who can't play other game modes than Warzone, I know you have this white knight complex on the forums, can't wait for your little fanboys upvoting your comments to start running over here and screeching about how I am so wrong and you are so right.

I see that you like consuming chalk on regular basis, maybe a person with your intellect would like adding in some crayons, and as you said:

go get yourself some taste of that

My friend, I ask you to re-read your post^ and tell me if anything you've said is true...? (It is just projecting)

You are just using prejudice and character assassination attempts to discredit my posts, instead of being able to actually rebuttal what I have said, or suggested. I didn't ask you to compare yourself to anyone, or to me. You are doing that because you keep making wrong assumptions about my gameplay... then errantly try to mock me. While still not explaining why TDM should be the focus of F51 efforts.

Again, re-read dude. Your attacks on me have no credibility because you simple didn't read my previous posts and are just blabbering. I sit at the top of nearly every score board because of what I told you...  not because I sit in a corner (which is your playstyle, apparently hiding from tanks). You are just wrong here and stop trying to use me personally as a reason for why TDM servers should be removed for a while.

It is because of people exactly like you, who do not even know how to play Warzone, or even understand it. So they are not helping the community, or WAR3 from progressing. As I've already stated, if you like TDM type games, there are far better platforms/games to choose from, than the few maps here in WAR3. I have been playing TDM for 20+ years... I think you are missing a hole bunch of games in your library, if you are here for TDM.

This is not an argument between you & me. This is a conversation with the developers of how to better their Development process, so that WAR3 is a better platform for whatever map/game type/scenario it is. And I have considerable experience in being around developers and seeing projects through like this. I am not making suggestion here to F51 because of Personal reasons, but as an onlooker into their business model and potential market/customers.

TDM servers can come back later in beta. Just not now (in alpha), because it dilutes the play-tester so severely, that they don't even know how to play warzone, or work with their squadmates.  

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, tynblpb said:

Well, as we can see, there is multitude if ppl who prefer TDM and multitude of ppl who prefer WarZone(Conquest as it was called 10-15 years ago).

TDM is close to CallofDuty experience as it is CQC with only handheld weapons combat.

WZ(CQ) is classic Battlefield experience where infantry and vehicles are fight with and versus each other.

And this 2 multitudes hardly can be combined.

11-13 years ago in BF2142 highest rank was Brigadier General. And some of dem Brigadier Generals where dismissively called Infantry Generals. Why so? Because there were large CQ maps with vehicles,(Suez, Shuhia Taiba, Sidi etc.) and small CQ maps (Gibraltar, Berlin, Tunis). And as u can imagine, as on infantry maps firefights were much more intense, experience gained per unit of time was 2 sometimes 3 times higher than that on large CQ. Later, there were "inf only" servers on small CQ, when even the 1 battlerobot and 1APC were removed from the maps.

Well, these infantry players achieved highest rank much more faster than ppl, who were playing large CQ but their ability to play on large much was close to non-existent and when they entered large CQ it was very hard for them. Especially when they "tried" to fight off or drive vehicles. So, in BF2142 someone called Infantry General was basically being called a noob.

And the result was, that when server with map rotation changed for example Gibraltar to Suez(2 most popular maps small and large CQ accordingly) it was immediately drop from full 64 population to 30-35 max. And it was mostly when small map changed to large.

So, I think, in WW3 there will be the same situiation. There will be multitude of ppl who'll play TDM to "show dem noobs how good r my shooting skillz" and there will be multitude of ppl, who want all out warfare. And these two multitudes do not mix as the gameplay they are accustomed to is totally different.

Here, in WW3 with current ~100ppl online I've already multiple times heard some ppl giving players in vehicles derogatory callings. Some ppl even on WZ want to run with only handheld guns.

As I've made the theme with possible IMO rework of TDM, I usually enter TDM only to check the handling of weapons with new loadouts, otherwise it's too boring. For me. For someone it's vise versa.

Great post!  And it comes with a great heritage of playing (Battlefield 2142).

I agree with everything you said, except one thing. I do not think that in 2020, that WAR3 will have the same situation.

Because there are 20x more online gamers than just 15 years ago. Even though Battlefield 2142 is probably the best squadgame/platform to this date (I miss it badly) it didn't have 100k people playing it. IF this game is completed without hiccups and has a robust player experience and large strategic maps, it will get much more than 100k sales on Steam. Just one good trailer with key aspects of the oldschool squad elements, will pull that many in with ease. But the platform has to be polished and with basic principals of gunfighting in it. And that is not TDM.

I had suggested to the Devs, to not include TDM when they push 0.7.0 onward, so that F51's focus * efforts can be on Warzones. TDM can come later...   

Edited by trig0tron

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, trig0tron said:

My friend, I ask you to re-read your post^ and tell me if anything you've said is true...? (It is just projecting)

You are just using prejudice and character assassination attempts to discredit my posts, instead of being able to actually rebuttal what I have said, or suggested. I didn't ask you to compare yourself to anyone, or to me. You are doing that because you keep making wrong assumptions about my gameplay... then errantly try to mock me. While still not explaining why TDM should be the focus of F51 efforts.

Again, re-read dude. Your attacks on me have no credibility because you simple didn't read my previous posts and are just blabbering. I sit at the top of nearly every score board because of what I told you...  not because I sit in a corner (which is your playstyle, apparently hiding from tanks). You are just wrong here and stop trying to use me personally as a reason for why TDM servers should be removed for a while.

It is because of people exactly like you, who do not even know how to play Warzone, or even understand it. So they are not helping the community, or WAR3 from progressing. As I've already stated, if you like TDM type games, there are far better platforms/games to choose from, than the few maps here in WAR3. I have been playing TDM for 20+ years... I think you are missing a hole bunch of games in your library, if you are here for TDM.

This is not an argument between you & me. This is a conversation with the developers of how to better their Development process, so that WAR3 is a better platform for whatever map/game type/scenario it is. And I have considerable experience in being around developers and seeing projects through like this. I am not making suggestion here to F51 because of Personal reasons, but as an onlooker into their business model and potential market/customers.

TDM servers can come back later in beta. Just not now (in alpha), because it dilutes the play-tester so severely, that they don't even know how to play warzone, or work with their squadmates.  

I see you've made great effort to write the post above, and for that, you can have a crayon.

You speak of me and other people that play TDM as people who have no clue on how to play this game, acting like Warzone is highly advanced and has a very big learning curve.

You continue stating on how AMAZING your score is in a certain game mode, in a game that is in a very early stage, in a specific game mode, that's just a FeelsBadMan

20+ years of gaming experience means you are either in your very late 20s or in your early 30s, and you are here on a forum discussing how your opinion matters and how it is correct compared to other opinions on some pixels.

Then you continue preaching on how you know all the proper games that have TDM, this must be some holy knowledge.

You act special due to spending a lot of your time on early projects, but you don't seem to remember that thousands of other people have this game and have played this game, you are just a number, an opinion, not even a developer, consider coming down from the clouds, this will hurt you, but you are not special.

You're a man-child that needs that special win on an online forum to feel better about himself, who can't fathom that someone else has a different opinion than you.

Normally I'd continue trolling you, which has worked very well up until now as you've tried very hard to come up with a great and an intelligent comeback, yet you have failed.

This time, I won't troll you, I see this means much more to you than it does to me, so good job kiddo, you win I guess.

Sorry that your opinion still won't make any difference to the original creator of the topic or me :(

"My friend", I am sure you've heard this many times before, and I am sorry to dissapoint you but we can't be friends.

I'd say I feel sorry for you as a person, and I almost do, but you are just a jerk that can't understand that sometimes, people have a different opinion than his own.

You are simply not worth the time.

Screen_Shot_2018-02-06_at_3_37.14_PM.thumb.png.f150a1bb4cc1029a71864ce3d58bd00d.png

Edited by Anxter
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, trig0tron said:

I had suggested to the Devs, to not include TDM when they push 0.7.0 onward, so that F51's focus * efforts can be on Warzones. TDM can come later...   

Literally made me facepalm, yes let's remove a working game mode that is popular amongst a big group of people. 

I don't understand why you are making this a warzone Vs tdm my dick is bigger than your dick post. Alot of people play this game and when on live servers will stick to TDM when there is people playing. Vice versa with warzone, both different skills for playing

Didn't realise so many people get an elitist attitude because they play warzone, Jesus guys we should be clubbing together to help make this game better instead this forum is a fucking barrell of toxicity 

• Thanks 1