Sign in to follow this  
NeoOrNeon

Artillery changes

There should be a short delay to artillery to give the enemies and your friendlies time to react to the I coming threat. The instant impact we have now isn't even possible the shells need time to travel. Additionally I think the zone for all ordinance and airstrikes should be visible to all friendlies it would be even more helpful if it gave a different audio queue to friendlies like "Friendly artillery fire on your position." Short and simple fixes for accidental Friendly fire.

7 часов назад, NeoOrNeon сказал:

There should be a short delay to artillery to give the enemies and your friendlies time to react to the I coming threat. The instant impact we have now isn't even possible the shells need time to travel. Additionally I think the zone for all ordinance and airstrikes should be visible to all friendlies it would be even more helpful if it gave a different audio queue to friendlies like "Friendly artillery fire on your position." Short and simple fixes for accidental Friendly fire.

There was delay. ~3-5 secs. The times when ArtStrikes were utterly useless...

• Like 1

Artillery was useless because of this, and I'm saying this from the perspective of a guy who basically only uses UAVs. Reducing the timer is good, because there's a fairly low chance you'd get killed with the first hit and could dodge out of it if lucky. As long as there aren't any instant circles of death in game I'm happy.

My aim is only to reduce friendly fire. To many times has the first shell or two from a friendly battery hit me and a short delay doesn't in my opinion make it useless. It's an improvement if anything you should put some thought into where and how you use artillery not just click on a burning objective and hope you get one. Also what do you think about revealing the area of affect to friendlies only, that much I think is fair.

i think that the artillery's purpose is area denial to delay or trap opponents while the bombing run is meant for clearing areas and getting kills, so adding a short delay to the artillery does not negatively affect it's area denial performance,  it is actually a buff as friendly fires are less likely to happen.

• Like 1

5 часов назад, ethynylradical сказал:

i think that the artillery's purpose is area denial to delay or trap opponents while the bombing run is meant for clearing areas and getting kills, so adding a short delay to the artillery does not negatively affect it's area denial performance,  it is actually a buff as friendly fires are less likely to happen.

If I want "area denial" effect - I  call in vehicle and "denie" anyone in the area I want. 20secs "denial" effect for 3000+BPs? NO, thx.

Plenty of time to get what you need done. There are other strategies other than just smashing people with vehicles. You might have more fun if you consider that.

I got more kills with arty before the deay was taken away. If you want a realism argument arty takes several seconds if not a minute between sending the order and landing hits.

a better argument arty should be area of denial not what you kill with. Making streaks utility instead of free kill generators makes the game less shallow.

You can at least have a delay in letting the enemy know there is arty in coming the same with jdams. instead of the enemy knowing as soon as the strike is called they know as the jdam is inbound with less time to react.

Arty can be a  bigger area as well to properly be a area denial while jdams are more like percison stikes

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this